Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Dream World ID Exchange Thread

Default Pokemon Dream World ID Exchange Thread

Want to make Dream World friend with people you know from the Forums? This is the place to come! Using a special method, you can.

Original thread on Bulbagarden forums, HERE. I'm not taking credit for this. Just tellin' you how.

Information you may want to know.
    Ever wondered why you've never been able to find someone on the dream world? Well, it could either be an unfortunate coincidence, or there could be a reason for this. You see, the Pokemon Dream World has Four Servers with different people on each server. You have a server. And you can only make friends with someone on that server. It's just the way the Dream World works, unfortunately. Not even the method here will work on other servers. But it does make looking for people on your server ridiculously easy.

What you'll need.
    • You will need Global Link and Dream World, and the ability to get friends. If you're still using the trial version, this won't work.
    • Your DW Server and ID on that server. Information is below regarding this.
    • The DW Server and ID of whoever you want to befriend. People will post them here.

Step One- Getting your Server and Id Number.
    You will need these, as said, to be able to connect with others. The Server number will tell you if you can connect to people and is used later on. The ID Number is for other people to know.

The Steps to this are below:
    1. First, open the Global Link. You will, obviously, already need and account and Pokemon Black/White and No Trial version.
    2. Once logged in, Open up the links below. Once again they're sorted by region.

Clicking on that link will either download a text file or show some blank text in your browser in a new tab. It should look something like this: Click Me!
    3. Now then, the final part. On your text file, you should have two things amongst all of the jumbled mess of characters. Use Ctrl + F [Google Chrome, not sure for otehr users] to find things quicker. You want to look for:
      • “member_savedata_id”:“[ID#]”
      • “world_id”:“[#]”
      • Note: The # signs and the Square brackets won't be there, instead there will be your number.

The First number if your Individual ID. As you may be able to see form my picture, mine is 948133.
      The second number corresponds to your server number. It'll be 1-4. Mine is 3, as you may be able to see from the picture.
    4. Finally, post the result here! I will have a list later in this post of everyone's Server and ID for those who want to add people.

Step Two- "Visiting" someone else's island.
    Now we get down to actually adding someone. But before we can Virtually request their friendship, we have to virtually find the person's island. here is how you do this:
    1. Get the Server Number [Providing it matches your own] and the ID Number of the person you want to visit/befriend.
    2. Log into the Global Link.
    3. Go to the Dream World and your Dream Isle. You must be on the Dream World for this to work. Just seen this thread and just woke up your Pokemon? Too bad, wait 'till tomorrow.
    4. Open a new Tab and post this:
      Code:
      pdw#.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Fisland&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=######
      Remember- You can only visit and befriend people on your server!
    5. Now you will need to enter the data of the other person.
      Where you see this: [“pdw#.pokemon-gl.com”] Post in the server Number. The # should be the server ID (1, 2, 3, 4).
      And where you see this: [“savedata%5Fid=######”], Enter the person's ID. The ###### should be the user ID of the person you want to befriend.
    6. You've now "visited" them!

Step Three- Sending a friend request
    Ok, so you've "visited" the person you want to befriend. Now, you "befriend" them. Once again, you don't actually have to find the person to do this. See how here:[*]Stay logged in on The Dream World [And therefore the Global Link].[*]Open a new tab and post this second code. It looks very similar to the first one, but it's slightly different.
    Code:
    pdw#.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Frequest&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=######
    [*]Once again, now you need to enter the other person's data.
    Where you see this: [“pdw#.pokemon-gl.com”] Post in the server Number. The # should be the server ID (1, 2, 3, 4).
    And where you see this: [“savedata%5Fid=######”], Enter the person's ID. The ###### should be the user ID of the person you want to befriend.[*]If the browser returns with [“{joined=0}”] when you press enter, that means the befriending was successful. Your request will appear on the person's Dream World like any normal request and if they accept it, you'll be friends!

Still need it clear? Here's an example.
    Ok, want to see it in action? Ok. Well, let's say I want to add Will-powered-Spriter [A.K.A WPS], who was kind enough to give me his world and ID in the Dream World Discussion thread. He, like me, is World 3, and has an ID No of 1231435.

First, I log into the Global Link and open my Dream World.

I then open a new tab and put this in the website address.
    Code:
    pdw3.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Fisland&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=1231435
    Notice how I changed the # signs to the relevant numbers this time? That's what you should do. I've now virtually visited WPS.

So I then close that tab and open up a new one, pasting this in:
    Code:
    pdw3.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Frequest&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=1231435

The browser returns "{joined=0}". That means the request was successful. Next time WPS logs into Dream World, he'll see my request. Then it's up to him whether he accepts or not.

I then close the tab and continue playing Dream World as if nothing had happened.

List of People
    Server # 1
    Jinglefruit- 997276
    Ihavenot- 1891818
    Blazios- 949078
    Cloudkraken [number1]- 604207
    Cloudkraken [number2]- 679647
    Winter02- 1180835
    Quackquack- 7460798 (Most likely wrong)
    Wardek- 954317 [Wardek]
    Tom the Warrior [No1- Black]- 1081121
    Tom the Warrior [No2- White]- 1836301
    Big Nutter (Black)- 955298
    misterdarvus- 1018665
    Annihilator (White)- 1896660 [Finner0]
    Zekrom77- 1887828

Server # 2
    Shine- 1434752
    a person- 960290 -[AriMan]
    Munchy- 1143574
    mixtar- 9163922 (Most likely wrong)
    Mr.Azy- 953435
    The Golux (Jap Black)- 278788
    Winter02- 1965799

Server # 3
    Proby3- 948133 [Name Proby]
    Will-powered Spriter- 1231435 [WillPS]
    lostboy- 1948289
    joshketchum- 1908940
    Cloudkraken- 1040771
    Big Nutter (White)- 1549922
    The Golax (Eng. White)- 949683
    Annihilator (Black)- 1917789 [Finner 46]
    xKatie0391- 1028309

Server # 4
    Psychic Politoed- 1116250
    pokiac- 1075873

Hope this thread helps!
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 1st October 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Attention everyone! Just to make things clear...

This is a Dream World IDs Exchange Thread.
    Yes, only IDs.

:: If you want to make Dream World Pokemon trading negotiations, please use the [Dream World Trading Thread].

:: Any other discussions or inquiries regarding the Dream World should be done on the [Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread].

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

A note I thought I should mention, you can use Step 1 of this method to find your server/ID information even without registering a Game Sync ID, but as you say, no more than that.

Shall I be a pioneer?
    Might not be on very often but friends are always welcome!

Member Savedata ID: 997276
    World ID: 1

Thanks for this. :]

Black

Member savedata ID : 1434752
    World ID : 1

Black 2

Member savedata ID : 3243186
    World ID : 1

PGL name : Brightshine for both the above games, they're registered on the same account
    If you want to befriend me, please befriend the B2 one since it needs the points gained from befriending, my Black already has enough friends and points, thank you

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

It should be noted that if we do it right, each person should be able to add just one or people and be still able to access everyone else from serebii on their server, provided they're not on friends only (why would you be). We can get a network going here!

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Member ID:1891818
    Btw, thanks for the link, made things really clear. especially with the example.
    Last edited by Ihavenot; 9th September 2011 at 1:30 PM.
    WHITE FC
    3697-2481-1659

Credits to Mew_ and -Sarah for this Sig
    Come check out my newly born Fic -> Hunters of El PG 15+
        Spoiler:- Special Pokeballs:

First Post updated.

WPS- Agreed. This is a good may to boost our points and item list quicker. Think about it: Each person has one berry type on their share shelf. All you need to do it go to each person and you'll have every berry type very, very quickly.
    To add to this, we also tell anyone on the community to not water their own berries. That may others can water them. The amount of times I''ve visited a "good" player [As in Log House/Modern House] and their berries have all been watered recently is annoying me.

Member ID: 1948289
    World ID: 3
    Last edited by lostboy; 23rd September 2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: open to new dream pals
    ℓσνє ωιℓℓ тєαя υѕ αραят.

Member ID: 949078
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

IID: 960290
    Server: 2

Please tell me who you are on Serebii before sending me a Request. I'm known as AriMan, btw.

I have all the EV berries, Lum Berries, and I believe all type-reduction Berries, and I'd be happy to share them. Generally, I don't go on that much, though.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 10th September 2011 at 3:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

member savedata id 1908940
    world 3

"member_savedata_id":"604207"
    "world_id":"1"

"member_savedata_id":"679647"

"member_savedata_id":"1040771"
    "world_id":"3"

Member ID: 1143574
    World ID: 2
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Member ID: 1180835

Am currently taking a break from the Dream World for a couple of weeks, and my dream pal list is almost full anyway. So I'm not really open to making friends right now, sadly.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

Member Save Data ID: 1116250
    World ID: 4

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

member_id: 9163922
    world_id : 2

Member ID:7460798

I put Pass Orbs, Pokeballs and HP restoring items in my Share Shelf.

And I'm Dream Pals with Serebii's Japanese file.
    Last edited by Quackquack; 12th September 2011 at 8:48 AM.

Edit:
    "member_id":"7296767"
    "pgl_name":"Wardek"
    "member_savedata_id":"954317"
    Last edited by Wardek; 13th September 2011 at 8:08 PM.

Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

Quote Originally Posted by mixtar View Post
    member_id: 9163922
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackquack View Post
    Member ID:7460798
    You need the Member Savedata ID, not the Member ID. The Member Savedata ID is never higher than the total amount of players (shown on the main PGL page).

Black Save File
    ID: 1081121

White Save File
    ID: 1836301

I plan on adding my White save to my Dream Pal so if my Black save has berries watered, you can try your luck with a single click or vise versa. Just let me know when you add me, I'm trying to be active there.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-2910-8321
    Pokemon Black: 0733-4082-6731

^
    myriada's post right before your post

Quote Originally Posted by myriada View Post
    You need the Member Savedata ID, not the Member ID. The Member Savedata ID is never higher than the total amount of players (shown on the main PGL page).
    Tom, your White's save file ID is 1836301, which is higher than the current total amount of PGL members (1822640) so you must have listed a Member ID instead of a Member Savedata ID. Which led me to believe your Black's save file ID is also a Member ID instead of a Member Savedata ID.

same goes to mixtar and Quackquack on page 1, who also listed Member ID instead of Member Savedata ID.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ^
    myriada's post right before your post

Tom, your White's save file ID is 1836301, which is higher than the current total amount of PGL members (1822640) so you must have listed a Member ID instead of a Member Savedata ID. Which led me to believe your Black's save file ID is also a Member ID instead of a Member Savedata ID.

same goes to mixtar and Quackquack on page 1, who also listed Member ID instead of Member Savedata ID.
    Weird, I took it directly from the Savadata ID.

Black: "member_savedata_id":"1081121"
    "member_id":"7735970"

White: "member_savedata_id":"1836301"
    "member_id":"7735970"

Perhaps there was a purge or I'm simply an anomaly?
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-2910-8321
    Pokemon Black: 0733-4082-6731

Hmm, then I don't know what's happening there. Probably myriada would be able to explain it.

If we were on the same server I would have tried to visit you to see what would happen.....

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Ah, sorry. x.x
    I assumed the number on the page was updated in realtime, since when I checked newly-made accounts they were always below it, but perhaps it isn't. Which makes me wonder, just how often is it updated...
    In the end I guess fourteen thousand is a negligable amount compared to 1.8 million and so if you just made the White account it'd be fine.
    Any supposed 'member savedata ID's currently over 2 million though are obviously misreading the data. (Though soon, PGL will probably pass 2 million anyway, so if it was just said that 'anything over 2m is wrong', that too would be incorrect in a later time...)

Another way to confirm would be the profile link, which takes member savedata IDs, in the form http://en.pokemon-gl.com/profile/?id=1111110 or similar, (replacing 1111110 with the proper member savedata ID) and if that shows correctly (as in, doesn't give a 'No user in that category!' error, but rather an actual profile or an actual permission error) then that number is a valid member savedata ID.

Edit: Interesting, the site's back up and the number of members is only at 1823598. I guess there must be 15k+ deleted accounts...
    Last edited by myriada; 13th September 2011 at 8:54 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast