Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The PokeSpecial/Adventures Club

Sure. So, are we going ot get those riddle answers soon, because I want to know how badly I did. Also, a question just becaus ei want to see what you guys think.

What did you guys think of the Yellow Arc?

I quite liked it. The Elite Four were awesome antagonists and Yellow was cute. Especially when Ratty evolved and she totally freaked out and started crying. It may sound a bit weird, but her crying was kinda cute because it showed that she was still just a little girl that doesn't really understand much about pokemon, even though she was so important.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 19th September 2011 at 3:40 AM.

^ well, i was waiting to see if any more people participated, but i guess not. I can post the answers now if ya want, seeing that no one else seems to be interested. Well, there is Buchou, but she still hasnt posted her answers, but it doesnt seem like we will getting them soon.......well......sorry Bochou, but ill start reveiwing your guy's answers, and when im done, ill post them here. Wouldnt want to keep you guys waiting too long

-Credit goes to Extroph for this awesome siggy!

ATTACK ON TITAN AND DIGIMON FTW

I think a fanart section sounds great! I'd love to contribute to it. ^^

I really, really liked it. I didn't expect the Elite Four to have the goals that they did, but it made for some truly awesome battles/conflict. And I like Yellow too. She totally owned in her arc. =)

Banners made by kyogreblue3!

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

Spoiler:- Other sig stuff:

It made me wonder why they didn't make the anime based off of this manga, seriously it was that epic. I never expected the Elite Four or Shitenou to be the bad guys.

Sorry about not being active on here,,, I got distracted by twitter :/

I liked the Yellow arc. I think it was a really good idea to have the elite four be the bad guys, it made it more interesting. Plus, I'm a HUGE Specialshipper and the fact this whole chapter was based off of Yellow finding Red was kind of huge thing, in my opinion.
    If shipping talk isn't allowed here, just let me know. I apologize if you consider that off topic @MiGO. Sorry, I'm just a hardcore Specialshipper!

Here are the trivia contest results!

Quote Originally Posted by ~SkyHigh~ View Post
    1. Are we talking about the girl or the guy?
    The Boy. Sorry i should have specified on this :P I would have gien you the points if you answered the girl too due to confusion, but you didnt really answer anything. Sorry but wrong :P
    2. 13, I believe. That's not including the BW dex holders.
    Correct!
    3. If I recall correctly, Professor Oak wouldn't give him the Pokedex at first but then that's kid Ratata fell into a river or something and Gold saved it. Then Professor Oak asked him what Pokemon are to him and he said they're partners.
    Correct again!
    4. I believe that was Yellow. I don't think they were shown in the Red/Blue/Green chapter.
    Incorrect. They actually appeared at the very end of the R/B/G arc, for they were watching Red at the Pokemon League.
    5. That I don't know, I haven't finished all the chapters yet.
    No points given.
    6. I don't know that one.
    No points given.
    7. Oh that's easy. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Silver.
    Correct!

I don't know the answer the last three.
    No points given for last 3.
    ~Sky High~, you scored 3/10. You tried your best, so no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by DexHolderBlue View Post
    EASY
    1. Who were Green’s original Pokemon in the R/B/G arc? (Name them all)
    Charizard, Machamp, Ninetails, Rhydon(I think?), Golduck, and Scyther!
    Incorrect. You were off by only one! He also had a Porygon.
    2. How many official Dex Holders are there currently? (Excluding the BW saga)
    Correct!
    3. How did Gold get his PokeDex?
    By proving himself worthy to Professor Oak when he risked his life to rescue a little boy (or the little boy's Pokemon? Can't remember which.)
    Half point because you left out how he told Oak that his Pokemon were his Partners, at which point the Proffessor then officially gave him the pokedex.
    MEDIUM
    4. In what volume of Adventures were the elite four first shown?
    I'm going to say...the 4th?
    Close, but incorrect. They were shown at the end of the R/B/G arc, while they were watching Red fight.
    5. Which character is considered an official Dex Holder, yet they do not have their own PokeDex.
    Yellow.
    Correct!
    6. In what volume did PokeSpe change artists, and who were the names of the 2 artists?
    Wasn't it volume 8 or so? And I have no clue about the names. xD
    Incorrect, since you sorta got both wrong :P The correct answer is volume 10, and the two artists were Mato, to Satoshi Yamamato
    7. Which 5 Dex Holders were turned to stone in the FR/LG arc.
    Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, and Silver.
    Correct!
    HARD
    8. In what year was the first PokeSpe book released in America?
    No idea. o.o
    No points given. Correct answer is 2000.
    9. Name each Dex holder who gives nicknames to their pokemon.
    Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, and Pearl?
    Correct!
    10. How old are all the Dex Holders at the end of the Emerald arc?
    Red(16), Green(16), Blue(17), Yellow(14), Gold(13), Silver(13), Crystal(13), Ruby(12), Sapphire(12), Emerald(11).
    Correct!
    DexHolderBlue, you scored 5.5/10. Pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kissmygrass96 View Post
    1. Jigglypuff, Nidoran female, Blastoise, uhh. Those are the only ones I remember.
    Sorry, but incorrect since you didnt answer all of them.
    2. 13?
    Correct!
    3. From Professor Elm?
    Sorry, icorrect. It was Proffessor Oak actually.
    4. 23? Or the end of the Indigo Plateu (spelling?) right before the battle between Red and Blue if I can say that. Probably can't though.
    Umm.....not sure what you meant 23, but im giving you the point since you technically got it right. It was during the Indigo Plateau, but i think you got confused as to what i meant by volume.
    5. Yellow
    Correct!
    6. I have no idea.
    No points given. Correct answer is volume 10, and Mato to Satoshi Yamamato.
    7. Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Silver, and Yellow.
    So close! It was only Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Silver. Gold wasnt turned to stone, so incorrect.
    8. 2001?
    So close again! You were off by one year! It was actually 2000. Sorry, but incorrect.
    9. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Dia, Pearl. Probably others, but that's all I got.
    Incorrect, since there are more, and Green doesnt nickname his pokemon :P
    10. Uhh. 16 for RBG dex holders. 8 for Yellow. 13 for GSC dex holders. 12 for RBE characters?
    Incorrect. You were right on the RBG dex holders, but Yellow was 14 at the time. Also, Emerald was 9 not 12.
    Kissmygrass96, you scored 3/10. You tried your best so no worries! You were seriously SO close on some of them!

Quote Originally Posted by kyogreblue3 View Post
    EASY
    [oh shoot I didn't read that arc yet xD. So I'm guessing Charizard, Machamp, Golduck, something, something, and something]
    Incorrect, since you left out some. :P
    2. How many official Dex Holders are there currently? (Excluding the BW saga)
    [Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum . . . 10? Not sure if all of 'em have Pokedexes lol]
    Incorrect. You sorta skipped the whole G/S/C saga lol. Its actually 13, counting in Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
    [When he meets DJ Mary and Prof. Oak with Grant? I haven't read that part either xD]
    Incorrect, sorry.
    MEDIUM
    [If you mean Lorelei, Agatha, Bruno, and Lance, then in the 3rd volume of the Yellow Arc]
    Your correct on the volume, but thats actually still part of the R/B/G arc. You still get the point though. So correct!
    5. Which character is considered an official Dex Holder, yet they do not have their own PokeDex.
    [Yellow. 99% sure]
    Your 99% is correct!
    6. In what volume did PokeSpe change artists, and who were the names of the 2artists?
    [no idea.]
    No points given, since its not answered.
    [Well, I know it was Red, Green, and Blue, but I forgot the other two . . .]
    Incorrect. The other 2 were Yellow, and Silver.
    HARD
    [2000? idk]
    Correct!
    [All of them, except Emerald. I think xD]
    Incorrect. Green and Silver, and Platina dont give nicknames. :P
    [hmmmmmm . . . 14 or 16?]
    Incorrect. You were right that the R/B/G characters were 16, and Yellow is 14, but the G/S/C trio was 13, Ruby and Sapphire are 12, and Emerald is 11.
    kyogreblue3, you scored, 3/10. No worries, you tried your best!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Darkness View Post
    EASY
    Charizard, Machamp, Golduck, Scyther, Pidgeot, and Exeggutor
    Incorrect. You forgot porygon, and Ninetales too. And Exeggutor wasnt in his original team.
    2. How many official Dex Holders are there currently?
    Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, in total that's 12
    Close, but incorrect. You forgot Crystal, so that makes the total 13.
    When he tells Prof Oak that Pokemon are partners
    Well....im gonna go with a half point, since you didnt explain that he tried to save Joey's rattata to prove himself, which played a part in him getting the pokedex.
    MEDIUM
    I haven't read that arc yet but I'm guessing volume 7
    Incorrect. They first appeared in volume 3 in the R/B/G series.
    Yellow
    Correct!
    6. In what volume did PokeSpe change artists, and who were the names of the 2 artists?
    Easy Peasy, volume 9 Hiddenori Kusaka wrote the story and Mato did the art, however, in volume 10 while Hiddenori Kusaka stays the same, however, there is a new artist, going by the name of Satoshi Yamamoto
    Correct!
    Red, Green, and Blue, Yellow and Silver
    Correct!
    HARD
    Incorrect. The first ever PokeSpe book was released in 2000.
    Red (though he never really calls them by their nicknames in the manga), Blue (female), Yellow, Gold, Crys, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Dia, Platinum, Black and White
    So close, but incorrect. Emerald doesnt nickname his pokemon.
    I dunno XP
    No points given.
    Crimson Darkness, you scored 3.5/10. Tried your best, so again, bo worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon 114x View Post
    Let me try these trivia things.

EASY
    1. The only ones I recall him having are Charizard and Machamp
    Incorrect, since there were more.
    2. 13. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
    Correct!
    3. He had to prove himself worthy to Professor Oak by saving that Kids (I forgot his name) Ratata, which had fallen into a river. Something like that.
    Half point, since you left out the important part of Gold saying his pokemon are partners.
    MEDIUM
    4. I'm not so sure. I know they first appeared in the Yellow chapter but I'm not sure which volume it was.
    No points given. They first appeared in volume 3.
    5. I think it was Yellow, right?
    Correct!
    6. That I don't know
    No points given.
    7. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Silver.
    Correct!
    HARD
    8. I'm not sure but I'm going to say 2007.
    Incorrect. Its actually 2000.
    9. If I recall correctly, the only ones I know who nickname their Pokemon are Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Crystal. I haven't exactly finished reading the Manga.
    Half point, since im trusting that you really havent read the whole manga.
    10. I am not sure of this
    No pints given.
    Espeon 114x, you scored 4/10. Pretty good!

FINALLY! I have been correcting these for like the past hour lol. Check your guys's results, and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns like if you should or should not have gotten a question right, please tell me! But from it appears that the person who got the most questions right was.......
    DEXHOLDERBLUE!!! Congrats Blue, you are now the Trivia Champion of the club, and will be added to the Special Members list!
    Good job to everyone else who participated as well, you all tried your best and had fun, so thats what counts!

@Espeon 114x- Its alright Espeon. Im not asking you to post every single day, but just enough that you remain active.
    And yes, its fine if you talk about the shippings. I should have metioned this before, but feel free to talk about chracter pairings or shippings, just dont go too crazy or way off topic with them.
    Last edited by @MiGo; 19th September 2011 at 6:35 AM.

What did you think of the Yellow Arc?
    It was ok I guess. I like when Red battled the Elite Four and battling a life and death battle. And I liked the part when Yellow was looking for Red and trying to save him.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Thanks @MiGo! I can't believe I actually got the last one correct. O.o

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

yellow was 14! Dang. I thought she was way younger. I really should read it more, I just got up to the part where Gold gets his dex. Also, was I right about the GSC characters ages?
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 19th September 2011 at 10:34 PM.

What did you think of the Yellow Arc?

I loved it!

To be honest, I wasn't so fond of the fact that Brock and Misty gave Yellow one Pokemon each. It seems kind of wierd....

But I loved Yellow's character development. How she went from not wanting to evolve her Pokemon, but going through it anyway, despite the fact she really didn't want to, to stop Lance, because she knew she had to. Also she had a Caterpie, which is the best thing ever.

Also, congrats to DexHolderBlue, for winning the trivia contest. And good job to everyone else who tried.

^ Thanks FireTheAbsolLord!

And yes, I love that Yellow had a Caterpie too. I think the Caterpie line suits her very well. ^^

My favorite part of the Yellow Arc is when Yellow uses surf on a lake of magma while still fighting against Lance. Just how much cooler can one get than that?
    Fire Emblem Comic 6/12/13
        Spoiler:

Current PASB record wins 21, losses 9, Draws 0
    KO= 61 TP= 160 SP= .75
    Ref Grade C+

It seems like I was the only one to get the artist question right.......

Come Join
    You'll have lots of fun

Updated the first post with the new fan art section and added DHB to the special members list!

@Kissmygrass96 - Yes, you were right about the G/S/C character ages. :3

So guys, since the trivia contest is officially over, what do you guys say about starting up a new club activity?

Dang, Yellow and Emerald. Only two I didn't guess correctly.

How about another trivia contest of only things from Chapter 96 and earlier. Sure. Whatchya got in mind boss?

^ Heh heh.

Sounds great MiGo. Looking forward to hearing what you're thinking of. ^^

oh wow I scored 3/10 on the trivia? *fistpump* OH YEAH! I thought I'd get a 0/10 xD

Sorry I haven't been around, guise. caught up in clan stuff. so to make it up I have a Red, Blue, and Green banner coming up ^_^ Yellow is in a different one, FYI @MiGo xD

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

Maybe a "caption the panel" game?

@kyogreblue3- Yayz! Coming from you i know they will look great!

@lolipiece- Yeah maybe! That actually could be a good game, but i was thinking more along the lines of a "name that character" sort of thing.
    Btw, are you joining or.....?

New topic! Yay! :3

Would PokeSpe be good as an anime, or should it stay as a manga?

I think it would be totally awesome if they made an anime of PokeSpe. Seeing all the characters fully animated, and being able to hear their voices would be epic in my opinion
    But if they dont ever make one, PokeSpe is still totally great as a manga.

Would Pokespe be good as an anime, or should it stay a manga?

I'd love a Pokespe anime. Being able to see everything fully animated would be awesome. It would also help Pokespe get known in the Pokemon world.

I would also love to see it as an anime. The battles would be amazing to see, and I would love to see the characters in action. I honestly think that not only the Pokemon fandom, but anime fans in general would find it more interesting/appealing than the current Pokemon anime.

I'd love to see pokespe as a anime.

Come Join
    You'll have lots of fun

PokeSpe as an anime would be AWESOME. Maybe I'll make that possible when I'm a animator/graphic designer for CN xD

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

*Cue nosebleed* YESYESYES. It would make an awesome anime! Just...as long as Cartoon Network doesn't get their hands on it. Honetly, I watch Pokemon in the morning before school soley to make fun of it. But as an anime, it would still be awesome.

...Do you really have to ask that? OF COURSE IT WOULD BE GOOD *Understatement of the year*, if it ever aired Ash would become a thing of the past that nobody would want to remember. I've always wondered for what reason did they make the Pokemon "anime" *COUGH COUGH* (Sorry I just can't say that with a straight face )about a no name like Ash when they had Red?
    Last edited by zerozoner; 24th September 2011 at 3:57 AM.
    Fire Emblem Comic 6/12/13
        Spoiler:

Current PASB record wins 21, losses 9, Draws 0
    KO= 61 TP= 160 SP= .75
    Ref Grade C+

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast