View Poll Results: What's your favorit Pokemon Special arc?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red/Blue/Green

13 12.26%
  • Yellow

6 5.66%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

21 19.81%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

28 26.42%
  • FireRed/LeafGreen

15 14.15%
  • Emerald

5 4.72%
  • Diamond/Pearl

12 11.32%
  • Platinum

1 0.94%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

0 0%
  • Black/White

5 4.72%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PokeSpe Topic: Favorite story arc in Pokemon Special?

My most favorite was probably the R/S arc. I loved that Ruby and Sapphire were rivals and shifted equal focus on the two every now and then, unlike D/P and B/W where they were together, or R/G/B, Y, G/S/C, E, and Pl, where they focused on the main color character of the series chapter (which is Red, Yellow, Gold, Emerald, and Platinum).

...Y'know, they call them Chapters, like Red/Green/Blue Chapter, Yellow Chapter, etc. So what do they call each story of the volume?...Still chapters? Platinum Chapter, Chapter 429? Or would they just name it with a # sign?

When Satoshi becomes a Pokemon Master,
    he's going to have to learn
    to regulate loving all of his Pokemon.
    Pokemon 650, DP 182
    Screenshot from YouTube

Rounds, apparently.

(And no, I don't know why Bulbapedia uses that. If anyone can find where they got that from, please let me know...)
    Last edited by lolipiece; 15th September 2011 at 5:36 AM.

I think it's because each title is usually a "Vs. (Insert Pokemon of the chapter)", even though that Pokemon appeared less than the title implies...

So it's probably "Rounds" because it's a "battle manga" or "Battle series".

When Satoshi becomes a Pokemon Master,
    he's going to have to learn
    to regulate loving all of his Pokemon.
    Pokemon 650, DP 182
    Screenshot from YouTube

I've only read red/blue, and HG/SS. So I pick HG/SS

My favorite chapter is the Ruby/Sapphire chapter.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

My favorite is the Emerald Chapter. Even though Emerald was a bit... Over the top (I still like him). I loved all the stories and twists, like how they solved the "Stone-Dex Holder" problem, Archie & Maxie fighting for the armor, and more! I have so much good stuff to say about this chapter, I feel like everything tied in perfectly! And Guile Hideout/Archie is my favorite villain, I loved his motives (I just was annoying how we never knew his motives about searching for Manaphy...)

The only thing I didn't like was when the Kanto Quarter & Silver were unpetrified and Yellow didn't even blush that (a shirtless) Red was caressing her! UGH they missed out on a total perfect SpecialShipping moment, and some funny jokes from Green (girl)!

My least fav would probably be FRLG. Not that it was a bad arc (It was probably the most intense action & drama wise), its just that I personally love arcs with humor and it was just too... dark for me. Also HGSS seems a bit rushed, and they missed a perfect oppurtunity for a Dex Holder reunion (Arceus and no reunion? C'MON!).
    My bishie is Freedert from DNAngel!
    I'm a Specialshipper (Red x Yellow), and a Pokeshipper (Ash x Misty)!

My Platinum Friend Code: 1075-7179-8052
    Name: Lucas Please PM me to battle or trade! I really want to battle someone!

Default Favorite arc??

Well.... I like all of them.... They all have moments that are favorites for me... especially in the Diamond/Pearl arc when Dia, Pearl, and Platina went their seperate ways for the first time to go to the lakes.

I also love all the arcs but I am tied to RS/ FRLG/ DP and BW arc.

I don't have a "favourite" per se, but I do really like the GSC arc. The BW arc seems pretty good as well.

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

DP arc is my favorite so far, mainly because of the strong, emotional friendship between Dia, Pearl, and Platinum. Second would have to be RS arc, and FRLG third. BW seems good so far but I'll wait until it ends before I form an overall opinion on it.

mine is the R/S Arc, it was the one that introduced me to the series... so yeah xD

I loved the D/P arc. Dia and Pearl were so funny together, and the plot's great.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

My top favourite is Black and White, and R/S comes second.

The R/S arc was incredible due to its climax. The best parts were Norman's backstory and the bickering between Ruby and Sapphire. G/S/C comes in second.
    Last edited by Lanik; 26th March 2012 at 1:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    The R/S arc was incredible due to its climax. The best parts were Norman's backstory and the bickering between Ruby and Sapphire. G/S/C comes in second.
    The same Lanik, i was touched by it's climax, so i choose it. FR/LG comes in second

I think all the plot is great in PokeSpe

I love the Yellow arc. Why? Cuz Yellow was the main character thats why! Love her <3
    Other than that I like the G/s/c arc quite a bit.

-Credit goes to Extroph for this awesome siggy!

ATTACK ON TITAN AND DIGIMON FTW

See, I despise Yellow. And that chapter. But I really like the FR/LG chapter. It was intense, action-filled, and most of all, strong evidence for LuckyShipping! No, really, I loved it because it firmly cemented that even though he can be a douche, Silver is still the best character. And a lot of characters got cool moments. Heck, even Yellow got a cool moment. Plus, Mewtwo got to be totally Kick-***. Impaling DEOXYS on a SPOON!
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

My fav is the GSC Arc. Mainly because Gold is my favourite Dex Holder. And besides, the first game I got was a hacked Pokemon Shiny Gold Version, which only worked all the way till Olivine City (It was impossible to enter the Light House.), so I wanted to know what stuff lies ahead of Olivine City. And the first Pokemon manga I ever got was Vol.8, the beginning of the GSC Arc, so it got me into the world of Pokemon Adventures.

Besides it's unique, it's not got a kid aiming to beat the Gym Leaders and be the champ, It's got a happy go lucky boy, a serious girl and a sinister boy all fighting against the mysterious TR, each for a different reason. And the climax is so emotional. Best Arc I've ever read. ( I could be wrong, I've only read RGB and GSC yet. I skipped Y because I don't read books with female main protagonists. But I'm gonna begin reading D/P/Pt soon!)

I've read the first volume of HG SS too.(On the net, of course. I can't bear to miss adventures of my fav Dex Holder TRio.) The ending was gonna be rushed, but Kusaka came up with a huge twist and the Arc's gonna be continued in vol. 43.
    Kartik

I wonder why DP is only like 4th. Its definitley got the best jokes and Pearl has the best reactions out of all the characters. Dia has a lot of hilarious dialogue. Platinum is also pretty funny, and the DP arc had some pretty sad scenes, like the "Today I am alone" part, or however it was said.

There's only one chapter arc that I denote story's epic is RS Chapter. Over all is completely perfect. I especially love Courtney's Past, Ruby and Sapphire's Past and Norman, that greatest father in my mind. This Chapter also made me cry a lot. TT
    Last edited by Platina_Berlitz; 11th November 2012 at 3:33 PM.

My favorite arc in the manga was definitely G/S/C chapter. I think it had the best storyline and it was a very exciting chapter in my opinion. I also liked the FireRed/LeafGreen chapter and the Emerald chapter as well but my favorite was the G/S/C chapter.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team

Trainer Name: Erin
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

1. Diamond & Pearl
    2. Ruby & Sapphire
    3. Red/Blue/Green
    4. FireRed/LeafGreen
    5. Yellow
    6. Gold/Silver/Crystal
    7. Emerald

For the other arcs, I'll wait until I read them in their entirety before ranking.

All the Arcs of the Pokémon Special manga are awesome, and epic in their own way. Hard to pick just one favourite.

Ruby/ Sapphire Arc, though, seemed the best to me. The sense of excitement and thrill began from the first chapter, and continued with every pages and until the end.
    All the chapters successfully showed something, and brought the story closer to the climax. The climax itself, was highly-anticipated and totally worth the wait.
    The characters and the overall storyline too, seemed better to me, compared to the other Arcs.
    Not surprised to see it leading the poll.

Closest to the awesomeness of R/S Arc would be Diamond/ Pearl Arc.
    Diamond and Pearl are still the most entertaining duo I have seen anywhere, and they totally made the Arc for what it's worth.

Hard to believe that no one chose HGSS. I personally like it the best because of the large amount of old characters returning in a modern chapter, including explaining the disappearance of two characters after five-ish years with one character and over a decade with another. Although it's really the ending of Volume 42 alone that got me over all else. I think I voted on this poll over a year ago when we all still thought that the HGSS chapter ended with vs. Arceus V but if I could revote on this poll I would choose HGSS.

cant decide T.T which is the best arc
    cause l love them all

i wish there a choice " all of them "

cant decide T.T which is the best arc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast