Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony Fanclub

I really want to join this club. I'm a brony and MLP:FiM replaced Pokémon as my absolute favorite series.

Name: My username on here is EmeraldLeafBlade, but that's just a silly name I made up four years ago when I joined here. I use the name Rainbow-Starlight in most places now.

Favorite Character(s) and reasons: Derpy and Twilight. Derpy is just plain awesome and seeing her in the episodes is a lot of fun. Twilight is a very good character in my opinion, and Tara Strong is amazing.

Favorite episode(s) and reasons: How could I choose? I do like the "insane" episodes like Lesson Zero a lot, though.

You know, I just recently realized something about Queen Chrysalis: there's nothing she can do that Discord can't do better. Let's see:
    1)
    *Chrysalis can hypnotize ponies, but the hypnosis doesn't stay there unless she keeps re-using the hypnosis spell. In addition the spell is very easy to break.
    *Discord can cause mass hypnosis that even affects ponies he doesn't go to personally (case in point: Big Mac and Granny Smith). Plus, his hypnosis needs to be broken; it can't just wear off.
    2)
    *Chrysalis can shapeshift, but only into another being with an equine body shape, specifically one with size similar to her own, and her magic doesn't even change in color to match theirs.
    *Discord can change his form into pretty much anything, no matter how small the thing he's turning into is. Also, his magic doesn't even have color to it so it doesn't need to be disguised.
    3)
    *The only reason Chrysalis stopped the mane six from getting the Elements is because she had a seemingly endless swarm of minions on her side; that's not the mark of a powerful villain, it's the mark of a coward hiding behind her goons.
    *Discord did everything he did by himself, with no need for any minions.

Woot. A brony club. Yay.

Name: Shelxio
    Favorite Character(s) and reasons: Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. I love Rainbow Dash because her tomboyishness is really awesome imo, and Pinkie Pie... is Pinkie Pie. Just says the funniest things at random times.
    Favorite episode(s) and reasons: Return of Harmony. By far my favorite, there's just such deep plot here. And plus, Discord's in this episode. :P

My favorite song would have to be a tie between Opportunity and At the Gala. (Pardon me if I'm getting these names wrong... xD)
    Last edited by Shelxio; 22nd July 2012 at 11:58 PM.
    Black: 5200 2294 7426

Quote Originally Posted by Can't Stop Catchin' 'Em All
    Haxorus is green and bright

....It's yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelxio View Post

My favorite song would have to be a tie between Opportunity and At the Gala. (Pardon me if I'm getting these names wrong... xD)
    This is how I rank the episodes and the songs:
    *both lists are from favorite to least favorite.
    -Hierarchy of episodes:
    1) May the Best Pet Win!
    2) Read It and Weep
    3) Bridle Gossip
    4) Swarm of the Century
    5) Friendship is Magic part 2
    6) Friendship is Magic part 1
    7) Feeling Pinkie Keen
    8) Sonic Rainboom
    9) The Best Night Ever
    10) Party of One
    11) The Cutie Mark Chronicles
    12) Winter Wrap-Up
    13) The Mysterious Mare Do Well
    14) Suited for Success
    15) Baby Cakes
    16) Fall Weather Friends
    17) The Ticket Master
    18) A Friend in Deed
    19) Hurricane Fluttershy
    20) Lesson Zero
    21) Applebuck Season
    22) Dragonshy
    23) Call of the Cutie
    24) Look Before You Sleep
    25) Putting Your Hoof Down
    26) It's About Time
    27) A Bird in the Hoof
    28) The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
    29) Luna Eclipsed
    30) Sisterhooves Social
    31) Ponyville Confidential
    32) MMMystery on the Friendship Express
    33) The Show Stoppers
    34) Stare Master
    35) Green Isn't Your Color
    36) Over a Barrel
    37) Griffon the Brush-Off
    38) Hearth's Warming Eve
    39) The Last Roundup
    40) Sweet and Elite
    41) A Dog and Pony Show
    42) The Cutie Pox
    43) Dragon Quest
    44) Boast Busters
    45) The Return of Harmony: Part 2
    46) Hearts and Hooves Day
    47) Secret of My Excess
    48) Family Appreciation Day
    49) Owl's Well That Ends Well
    50) The Return of Harmony part 1
    51) Canterlot Wedding part 2
    52) Canterlot Wedding part 1

-Hierarchy of songs:
    1) At the Gala
    2) Smile, Smile, Smile
    3) Winter Wrap-Up
    4) Art of the Dress
    5) May the Best Pet Win
    6) The Flim-Flam brothers' song
    7) CMC theme song
    8) Cupcakes
    9) The tune from the CMC crusading montage in The Show Stoppers
    10) Pinkie's parasprite music
    11) Singing Telegram
    12) You Gotta Share
    13) Giggle at the Ghosties
    14) The Pony Pokey
    15) The Type of Pony Everypony Should Know
    16) So Many Wonders
    17) The show's theme song
    18) The Fires of Friendship
    19) CMC's Hearts and Hooves Day song
    20) Hush Now, Quiet Now
    21) Evil Enchantress
    22) Love is in Bloom
    23) BBBFF
    24) This Day Aria

...I don't see how one could dislike Canterlot Wedding. Or Return of Harmony. xD

My least favorite is definitely Read It and Weep, followed by Owl's Well That Ends Well.

As for the songs, my least favorite is You Gotta Share. No. Just no.

....It's yellow...

Hey, there's good reason why that song pissed the buffalo off.

As for that episode list, what the heck did you base that list on? Did you calculate how much important to the plot Rainbow Dash is in every episode and list them accordingly?

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    As for that episode list, what the heck did you base that list on? Did you calculate how much important to the plot Rainbow Dash is in every episode and list them accordingly?
    ^ This. I love RBD, but... Read It and Weep was incredibly stupid. Like what were they thinking when they made that episode...? And Canterlot Wedding was incredible, definitley my second favorite episode.

....It's yellow...

The finale of season 1 made me think of my friend group, but most of us are the opposite of the elements all of the time...I can't remember the episode name, but when Pinkie thinks that the others are rejecting her and she has some random tea party with a bucket of turnips, some rocks, an unidentifyable object and a massive teddy bear when her hair is straight that image is almost enough to put me off her
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

...I don't see how one could dislike Canterlot Wedding. Or Return of Harmony. xD

My least favorite is definitely Read It and Weep, followed by Owl's Well That Ends Well.

As for the songs, my least favorite is You Gotta Share. No. Just no.
    -Reasons why I hated the wedding:
    1) For one thing, the mane six lost and it was up to two characters who we had never seen before this special to save the day. That's not how it's supposed to work in a series like this. The mane six are the ones who were revealed at the beginning to be the bearers of Harmony, the Chosen Ones; the Chosen one(s) is/are always supposed to be the one to defeat the major villains. Sure, the sidekicks or characters of the day can jump in and take out some of the more important villains, but it's always supposed to be the chosen ones, the established heroes of the story, who finish off the leaders of the villains.
    It's part of the hero's quest: the rescue from without, when the hero is in a position they can't escape and are only able to succeed by getting help from someone else. However, even when that happens the hero is still supposed to be the one to end the conflict; the rescuer is only supposed to get them out of their bind so they can proceed to save the day. So, it would have been one thing is Cadence and Shining had just attacked the changelings and freed the mane six so they could take out Chrysalis herself, but instead they had where these two characters who haven't been around long enough to make an emotional connection to end up defeating Chrysalis.

2) The whole “changeling impersonating the princess and getting ready to ruin the royal wedding while the real princess and the only one who knows she’s real are frantically trying to get there in time to save the day” seems like it was taken directly from The Little Mermaid. Not that The Little Mermaid is a bad movie, but it’s just so unoriginal to use it as a basis for the main crisis of the episode. If it was just a small event in the plot it wouldn’t be such a big deal, but this was the primary crisis they were dealing with.

3) This is purely based on my opinion, but in my opinion it had the worst songs in the history of the show. I know a lot of people like the songs in the special but I can't possibly fathom why.

4) My next issue with the wedding is the issue of where the **** Luna was during the wedding. Celestia was busy so she couldn't guard the barrier, so shouldn't Luna have taken over guard duty instead of leaving the barrier completely unattended? And even if she still only had to work at night and had the day off, shouldn't she have spent that day of attending HER OWN NIECE'S WEDDING? Seriously, apparently she didn't have to guard the barrier, meaning she had the day off, so that means she apparently just felt it wasn't important to watch the most important event in her niece's life. She wasn't working, she wasn't attending the wedding, so where the **** was she?

5) The sudden introduction of a new princess and Twilight’s brother, neither of whom had ever even been hinted to exist even though you would think their existence would be important to know about.

6) Too dramatic for canon; it was like a fanfic. That kind of dramatic, action-packed plot is just too far from the norm for me to get anything out of in the canon. It’s one thing when these kinds of events happen in fanfics because you expect abnormally dramatic plots in those, but not in the canon.

7) The villain only stops the mane six because she has a seemingly infinite number of minions; the classic villain who claims to be powerful but hides behind her goons.

8) Showing that the Sonic Rainboom really isn’t special anymore. The only other times Rainbow ever did the Sonic Rainboom were under very special circumstances, but now she can just casually do it on command? She wasn’t even doing a dive or straining at all; she just did it like it was no big deal. Really raises the question why she isn’t in the Wonderbolts, if no other pony in history has been able to break the sound barrier period but she can do it on command with no strain whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    Hey, there's good reason why that song pissed the buffalo off.

No, I started by breaking the episodes into categories: episodes I love, episodes I'm fine with, episodes that bore me and I'll only really watch when there's nothing else on, and the blacklist episodes that I never want to see again (only the last three on my list were so bad in my opinion that I put them on that list). Then, I sorted the episodes within those categories based on how much I liked them for reasons such as quality of songs (if any), amount of humor, quality of humor, excitement, and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Rainbow Dash; 23rd July 2012 at 3:31 AM.

The Best Night Ever would probably be one of my highest- just watching the mane ponies slowly lose it and then Fluttershy totally loses ity, and then Lesson Zero when Twilight totally loses it, and also the one I mentioned before when Pinkie totally loses it. So basically, I like watching the mane ponies get pissed off

Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Well, in other news: Earlier today I got my first ten packs of MLP cards
    Results:
    Foils:
    1 Applejack
    1 Twilight Sparkle
    1 Royal Wedding Pinkie Pie
    Standees:
    1 Pinkie Pie
    1 Rarity
    1 Scootaloo
    1 Twilight Sparkle
    1 Sweetie Belle
    2 Rainbow Dashes (score)
    Code cards:
    1 Everfree Forest
    1 Golden Oaks Library
    1 Crusader Clubhouse
    1 Appleloosa
    2 Sweet Apple Acres
    1 Canterlot
    2 Sugarcube Corners
    1 Fluttershy’s Cottage
    Events:
    2 A very Special Someponies
    1 Parasprites Eat Ponyville
    1 Another Day, Another Dungeon
    1 Nightmare Night Indeed!
    1 The Flight of Rarity
    1 Best. Wedding. Ever.
    1 Iron Pony Competition
    1 Hush Now, Quiet Now
    1 Best… Comedy Act?
    Tattoos:
    1 Pinkie Pie cutie mark
    1 Celestia cutie mark
    2 Lunas
    1 RD cutie mark
    1 Twilight cutie mark
    1 CMC with Fluttershy
    1 Fluttershy cutie mark
    1 Pinkie and Rarity
    1 Applejack cutie mark
    Commons:
    1 Fluttershy
    1 AJ
    2 Sea Serpents
    2 Trixies
    1 Braeburn
    2 Wonderbolts
    1 Cheerilee
    1 Philomena
    1 DJ Pon-3 and Octavia
    2 Owlowiscious
    1 Winona
    1 Golden Harvest and Lyra Heartstrings
    1 Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon
    1 Granny Smith
    1 Spike
    1 Scootaloo

I love Read It And Weep. I don't see what's stupid about it. My least favorite episodes are probably The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Owl's Well That Ends Well and MMMystery on the Friendship Express. The first had RD's friends acting sort of like jerks, the second had Twilight sort of acting like a jerk, and the third was just kind of boring. I still like all the episodes, though.

As for the songs, my least favorite is probably that "Hop Skip and Jump" one. It's just kind of meh. My favorite, on the other hoof, is the Smile Song. This Day Aria is great but I don't know why everyone was like "OMG FORGET SMILE THIS DAY ARIA IS BEST SONG EVAR!!!" when it came out.

And I like seeing the ponies go "insane" because [SPOILER]I can kind of identify with it.[/SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldLeafBlade View Post
    I love Read It And Weep. I don't see what's stupid about it. My least favorite episodes are probably The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Owl's Well That Ends Well and MMMystery on the Friendship Express. The first had RD's friends acting sort of like jerks, the second had Twilight sort of acting like a jerk, and the third was just kind of boring. I still like all the episodes, though.

As for the songs, my least favorite is probably that "Hop Skip and Jump" one. It's just kind of meh. My favorite, on the other hoof, is the Smile Song. This Day Aria is great but I don't know why everyone was like "OMG FORGET SMILE THIS DAY ARIA IS BEST SONG EVAR!!!" when it came out.

And I like seeing the ponies go "insane" because [SPOILER]I can kind of identify with it.[/SPOILER]
    I don't know why I like The Mysterious Mare Do Well so much. I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about it that sets it apart. Although, I do get annoyed when I see people using that episode as a reason to call Rainbow a showoff, because at the beginning of the episode she wasn't being a show off; the spectators were cheering wildly for her and she decided she really liked the attention. She's an athlete, she likes attention, so when she was suddenly becoming more and more popular just by doing what she would have done anyway she ended up becoming very excited about it. It's the classic idea of having your 15 minutes of fame, and that's also why she became desperate for attention when Mare Do Well stole her thunder; that's what happens when your 15 minutes of fame end, you want them back and try desperately to bring them back.
    Meanwhile, her friends were the real jerks in that episode. Instead of simply sitting down with Rainbow and talking about the problem, they went behind her back and broke her spirit, making her look like a fool and making all her fans abandon her. They didn't even try to talk to her about it, they jumped right to public humiliation.

I really didn't like This Day Aria for two reasons:
    1) It was too dark. All the other songs in the series are really happy and upbeat, but this one is a villain singing about how she's ruining somepony else's perfect day and the other pony singing about how her perfect day has been ruined.
    2) It's too slow-pitched. It's one thing if a song starts out with a slow tempo and then speeds up, but it's annoying when it stays the same slow rate the whole time.

Read It and Weep was a typical little-kids' show episode. It was just... FAIL...

And the dramatic part of Canterlot Wedding was why it's one of my favorite episodes. Also, Mare Do Well is probably my third favorite, after Canterlot Wedding.

....It's yellow...

I didn't really see the point in Mare Do Well, which is why if I made a list it would be in the bottom half

Read It and Weep was a typical little-kids' show episode. It was just... FAIL...

And the dramatic part of Canterlot Wedding was why it's one of my favorite episodes. Also, Mare Do Well is probably my third favorite, after Canterlot Wedding.
    Yeah, because all little kids watch Indiana Jones. I know those movies aren't exactly adult, but there are plenty of parents who would call them too violent for really young kids. My point is, if it was a "typical kids' show episode," they probably wouldn't have picked Indiana Jones as the series they were going to parody; they would have done something more kid friendly.
    Also, the whole thing with Rainbow in the catsuit sneaking into the hospital was funny as hell, at least in my opinion (and the little squeak she makes when she sees the door to the room is adorable).

How can one hate this day aria.
    EPIC SIG HERE

@Dash: It wasn't because of the IJ spoof, it was because of the whole concept. Clearly it was just made to teach kids that "reading is good."

@Nightfall: This Day Aria was alright, Opportunity was still better though :P

....It's yellow...

Remember people, everyone has diffrent opinions. I personally like 52 out of the 52 episodes, and [insert number here] out of [insert same number here] songs.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

I've recently obtained a large number of MLP card packs. So far, I've obtained these foil cards in the packs (I also got one of each of the mane six (except Rainbow; I got two of her) online, but I won't list those here because they weren't in packs):
    Normal Foil:
    Spike
    Apple Bloom
    Sweetie Belle
    Scootaloo (2)
    Cheerilee
    Twilight Sparkle
    Applejack

Royal Wedding set
    Twilight Sparkle
    Applejack
    Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Princess Celestia

Elements of Harmony
    Magic
    Kindness
    Loyalty

Gold Series cards
    Princess Luna
    Princess Cadance

I can't bear (bare?) knowing this club exists and i'm not in it!!!!!!!!!
    Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.
    Name: Shade
    Favorite Character(s) and reasons: Rarity, Posh and Sophisticated, like me (read spoiler in sig). and Applejack, cos.......... just COS!
    Favorite episode(s) and reasons: The first one. and the one on the train, season 2 episode 26. it soooo funny. and winter wrap up, the song is so catchy... winter wrap up winter wrap up, lets finish our holiday....
    Last edited by Shade2000; 14th August 2012 at 7:59 AM.

I like the You Gotta Share You Gotta Care song. And So Many Wonders. (I love everything!)

I found the gif image of Derpy! http://iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/m...derpy_jump.gif Oh and I guess do to my inactivity I was taken off the list so here
    s my sign up!

Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye!
    Name: Chili.
    Favorite Character(s) and reasons: Fluttershy, Scottaloo, Big Macintosh, Spike, and too many more. I will say I like them all bu Big Mac leads the pack. And I like him because he's funny strong a silent.
    Favorite episode(s) and reasons: I like the one where they try to make Big Macintosh and Mrs.Cherrilee fall in love because Sweetiebelle yells out "Oh come on!"
    Last edited by Chili; 13th August 2012 at 5:26 PM.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick A cupcake in my eye!"
    Name: Name? I'm not going to give you my real name! But I'll give you my username! Its snivyoshawottlvr
    Favorite Character(s) and reasons: Pinkie Pie: Because we're like twins.
    Surpise (Pinkie Pie's concept pony): I know she doesn't actually appear in the show but I really like her!
    Favorite episode(s) and reasons:
    Mysterious Mare Do well: Everytime I like trying to guess which pony does what. I still haven't figured out who save the pony in the falling balloon.
    Last edited by snivyoshawottlvr; 13th August 2012 at 5:31 PM.

Spoiler:- Click for Awesomeness:
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/5w9wy9.png[/IMG]

Credit to MaidensGhost for the team pose and the Glaceon fusion. Credit to Wolf Prince for the Diamon FC userbar.

I like the Winter Wrap Up song too. It's catchy

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast