Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

Default Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

I noticed there wasn't one, and with the show coming back soon I thought it would be a good idea to get one going where people can talk about favourite characters, maybe theories about the show etc

This is intended to be a thread about the TV show and not ASOIAF so if you've read the books please don't be 'that guy'.

For Trade (IV bred)
    FroakieGoomyFerroseedSquirtleCharmander
    TorchicEevee

FC : 4742-6515-3239 IGN: None of yo bizniz

I really can not wait for it to come back! I am going to re-watch it all cause damn it's been gone for a while, I kind of forgot what was happening xD
    I don't have any thoughts worthy of being a signature...
    My FC (because i seem to be having to give it out a lot xD) 0962 9033 2364
    Ign is Asherz

Can't wait for season 4, especially since I want to see some of my favorite events from the books on the TV screen.

The show does have a way of surprising even book readers though, which is neat.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 20th March 2014 at 7:00 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Can't wait for season 4, especially since I'm 'that guy', and want to see some of my favorite events from the books on the TV screen.

Ahh What i meant by that guy was the one that goes on the net and writes everything that happens, my brother has a friend that did that on facebook and there was a queue of people wanting to punch him in the face XD

I read the books before season 3 and there is a LOT this season I'm looking forward to seeing.

I'm reading all the books again since I haven't found anything up to its standard since I finished them

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Can't wait for season 4, especially since I want to see some of my favorite events from the books on the TV screen.

Spoiler:- book 3 spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by bailey.ga View Post

I'm reading all the books again since I haven't found anything up to its standard since I finished them
    Haha, I kind of felt that way too. Makes the wait for the next book even harder.

I'm very excited for season 4 of GoT, I need some quality television in my life.

Can't wait. The Red Viper looks like he's going to beast of a character this season.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I'm very excited for season 4 of GoT, I need some quality television in my life.
    There's not enough quality TV around, there are plenty of shows like Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, that keep me going through the year, but not enough like Doctor Who and GoT that I get excited for.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Can't wait. The Red Viper looks like he's going to beast of a character this season.
    He looks nothing like he did in my head, when I read the books he was way more beefy, but yeah, he'll be a beast.

And Daarius looks nothing like I pictured him. For me he looked like Draven from League of Legends (I hadn't played LoL at this point either :P)

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

I can't wait for Season 4. I can feel it in my gut. Danearys is gonna slay some ***. Woop woop!

Also, I'm quite surprised it's not that popular on this forum.

He looks nothing like he did in my head, when I read the books he was way more beefy, but yeah, he'll be a beast.

And Daarius looks nothing like I pictured him. For me he looked like Draven from League of Legends (I hadn't played LoL at this point either :P)
    Daarius? You mean Daario? (Surprised you know of Draven without having played LoL)

Y'know they changed his actor believe it or not. It's not going to be the same guy from Season 3 this time. I actually liked that actor, definitely charismatic, though some complained he overacted idk.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Daarius? You mean Daario? (Surprised you know of Draven without having played LoL)

Y'know they changed his actor believe it or not. It's not going to be the same guy from Season 3 this time. I actually liked that actor, definitely charismatic, though some complained he overacted idk.
    Haha yeah I meant daario.
    I've since started playing LoL and when I first saw Draven he reminded me of him. Tbh I'm okay with them changing the actor, I thought he was a very forgettable character during season 3.

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Yeah, I kind of wish they had kept him more similar to how he was described in the books. In the stills he just looks like another regular soldier.

I'm happy with Oberyn's casting though. I like what we've seen of him so far.

I'm hoping Daenerys Targaryen kicks serious butt this season. As for the Stark family, well... they were cool, but rest in peace. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    I'm hoping Daenerys Targaryen kicks serious butt this season. As for the Stark family, well... they were cool, but rest in peace. ._.
    I can't believe people actually know her name. Most people just call her Khaleesi, then they're like "wtf is her actual name again?"

I hope GoT this season portrays Stannis even more to be the rightful badass that he is.

I have to work during the premiere

Then I have to work and go to school the next morning so I probably won't get to watch the premiere until later in the week.

I won't be able to watch it during the simulcast here in the UK (will be watching WrestleMania) so I'll be having a self imposed internet ban until tomorrow night when I can watch it.

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Watched the premiere today, it was good! There was a lot going on just like the last few premieres, but it focused on the right people. Also, Oberyn is amazing. Perfectly cast and brilliantly acted. Loved him (and Ellaria, but we didn't see much of her). And I honestly don't remember what Daario was like before the re-casting but he was kind of generic in this episode. Where's the blue hair?

I am wondering about the Arya/Hound scene though, because iirc that's one of Arya's last scenes in aSoS? I wonder if they're going to dip into the fourth book for her material.

e: OH, and I'm really excited for next week. Been waiting for this episodes for ages.

This is intended to be a thread about the TV show and not ASOIAF so if you've read the books please don't be 'that guy'.
    I can't believe people actually know her name. Most people just call her Khaleesi, then they're like "wtf is her actual name again?"
    In defense of "those guys", I always know her by name because the books almost always call her Daenerys. It took me a while to realize that, when characters were saying "khaleesi", they were actually referring to her. I thought "Khal" was Drogo's first name for a while.

Great premiere. And Oberyn truly was amazing.

Arya getting her revenge was also pretty sweet, she is one of my favorite GoT characters. Daenerys part was definitely the weakest imo.

Best quote: "Thenns. I fvcking hate Thenns."

if i look in this thread at any time and get book spoiler'd i will kill the **** out of you, so don't discuss the book. preferably not at all but if you mention ANYTHING (even what like Valoo said last page ) put it in spoiler tags please

arya getting needle back owned, hound owns
    life is
    a game

What the fuck is a Lommy?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

That Purple Wedding though. So much better than the Red was.

FC:3754-6803-1211

I only started watching the show/reading the books while season 3 was airing. It is nice to be able to watch each episode as it comes out...and totally know what's going to happen.

I watched this week's episode with my partner and his mom, and I was giddy during the entire wedding scene. Lady Olenne is so...well, you know.

It's also interesting seeing how they changed up the chronology. This won't spoil anything, but just in case:
        Spoiler:- Book VS show chronology thoughts:

I haven't read book five yet, so I don't know what's going to happen with Theon, but gosh is this all early.

Also agreeing that if we do want to discuss the book series, that should go in a separate thread.

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast