Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hip Hop Thread - for the nerds that think they're black

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo32 View Post
    I personally hate rap, it doesn't even count as music
    I personally hate Great Danes, they don't even count as dogs.

Anyway, I've been listening through Watch the Throne, which is all in all a pretty good album. I get a little bored with Jay-Z sometimes (his flow can get repetitive), so mixing Kanye in makes it a lot better in my opinion. I just wish Kanye wouldn't do that weird "uh" thing in songs like Ni**as In Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerS View Post
    The last post was posted on 26th September 2011 so we can't post there
    That's where your wrong, this is entertainment, and we have different rules.
    http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=543301

4) You can bump these genre threads. Hear that? Don't bother making a new one if the current Pop or Metal or whatever thread goes past the 30-day mark. These genre threads are now bumpable. We'll provide you links to them here, for your convenience.

Pop Music
    Metal Music
    Asian Pop Music?
    Hip Hop Music
    Rock Music

(If you have a genre thread not listed here, PM me the link and I'll add it in.)
    And the linked to thread was the one I posted.

Then leave this thread

What qualifies as music then, exactly?

Drake is pretty good. I Lil Wayne is meh. Is not as good as his Carter 3 days.

Lets just ignore the existing thread, and the part where i quoted the rules for entertainment shall we.

eminem is awesome, probably the best. lil wayne is my 2nd favorite. tha carter 4 is pretty awesome.

Gonna bump this since I can and so the moron who made the duplicate thread and the people who keep replying to it will stop being stupid.

People who even consider Lil Wayne a rapper should probably stop listening to rap altogether. The fact that his videos get a lot of views does not make him good, it simply means that a lot of people like bad music.

You might ask what I consider good music or good rap? I will tell you. Two of my favorites are Em and Royce. No, not only because of Bad Meets Evil. I listened the song named Bad Meets Evil on the Slim Shady LP years ago before tons of bandwagon hoppers started liking Bad Meets Evil and only heard of the duo because Bruno Mars is featured in their single. Yet they still refer to them constantly as "Eminem and that other guy" Really? That other guy? That other guy is 100 times more talented than Lil Wang.

Oh yeah, Slaughterhouse is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    Gonna bump this since I can and so the moron who made the duplicate thread and the people who keep replying to it will stop being stupid.

People who even consider Lil Wayne a rapper should probably stop listening to rap altogether. The fact that his videos get a lot of views does not make him good, it simply means that a lot of people like bad music.

You might ask what I consider good music or good rap? I will tell you. Two of my favorites are Em and Royce. No, not only because of Bad Meets Evil. I listened the song named Bad Meets Evil on the Slim Shady LP years ago before tons of bandwagon hoppers started liking Bad Meets Evil and only heard of the duo because Bruno Mars is featured in their single. Yet they still refer to them constantly as "Eminem and that other guy" Really? That other guy? That other guy is 100 times more talented than Lil Wang.

I'm not a moron you know i the bumping rule was in this thread as well

Quote Originally Posted by TylerS View Post
    I'm not a moron you know i the bumping rule was in this thread as well
    Uhm, what?

you know i the bumping rule was in this thread as well

Lil Wayne is the only mainstream rapper with decent lyricism, aside from Eminem. Don't go throwing words like "moron" or "bad music" around. You do know musical taste is subjective, right?

Anyways, my taste in hip-hop has developed a lot since I made this thread. I now realize that spitting heavy lyrical bars means nothing, when you have nothing decent to say. So, I do now agree that Lil Wayne is ****. However, from a lyrical standpoint, he's alright.

Rapping with your heart > rapping with your brain. To me, Royce is ****. Just another punchline rapper with multi-syllabic rhymes and heavy wordplay. Eminem is really good though, probably the only rapper that draws a line between lyricism and realness, and does it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Uhm, what?

I thought the bumping rule was in this thread as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Gengar View Post
    Lil Wayne is the only mainstream rapper with decent lyricism, aside from Eminem. Don't go throwing words like "moron" or "bad music" around. You do know musical taste is subjective, right?

Anyways, my taste in hip-hop has developed a lot since I made this thread. I now realize that spitting heavy lyrical bars means nothing, when you have nothing decent to say. So, I do now agree that Lil Wayne is ****. However, from a lyrical standpoint, he's alright.

Rapping with your heart > rapping with your brain. To me, Royce is ****. Just another punchline rapper with multi-syllabic rhymes and heavy wordplay. Eminem is really good though, probably the only rapper that draws a line between lyricism and realness, and does it well.
    Have you ever listened to Macklemore? I like him because he puts a lot of heart into his music and has very nice instrumental parts to his songs. He's very inspirational and unique too. His song Otherside gives an alternate perspective to drugs, while most other rappers are promoting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhx-CtPmBU

Have you ever listened to Macklemore? I like him because he puts a lot of heart into his music and has very nice instrumental parts to his songs. He's very inspirational and unique too. His song Otherside gives an alternate perspective to drugs, while most other rappers are promoting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhx-CtPmBU
    Never really listened, just heard certain songs. It might have been ignorant of me to say he's ****, but the songs I have heard aren't my style... I dislike them. I will check these out though

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Gengar View Post
    Never really listened, just heard certain songs. It might have been ignorant of me to say he's ****, but the songs I have heard aren't my style... I dislike them. I will check these out though
    Also if you listened to Royce's verse beginning at 4:15 of this song you will see he does put his heart into his rapping. I don't know why you think 'going hard' means you're not putting heart into your raps. The heart is in the lyrics and in the effort, not always in the subject matter.

Not sure if I've mentioned them before or not, but recently I've been quite liking The Lost Children of Babylon's Zeitgeist: Spirit of the Age at the moment.

Eminem is still definately the best, along with Tupac. I heard Lighters with Bruno Mars. Not my favorite, but still awesome. Never listened to Macklemore but, I'll give it a shot I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by YinYang View Post
    Eminem is still definately the best, along with Tupac. I heard Lighters with Bruno Mars. Not my favorite, but still awesome. Never listened to Macklemore but, I'll give it a shot I guess.
    Em is no where near the best. I bet you haven't even heard a single Tupac song if you are going to say that Em is one of the greatest. (as if he is even on the level that tupac was before he died, roflmao)
    Black FC: 3654-1642-5166

Big L? Immortal Technique? Necro? Non Phixion? Jedi Mind Tricks? Arsonists? Celph Titled? Ill Bill? Army of the Pharaohs?

I can list many more than that, but (mostly) underground Hip Hop is what I've been brought up on. Not really ragging on the more mainstream stuff but I just can't get into it.

I've been listening to a lot more Lost Children of Babylon since my last post, their debut album is fantasitc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzrqiuRsYEM

Damn not one of ya'll said Memphis Bleek!
    also The Roots. And I like Common as well!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Love hip hop. On the subject of wayne, he is not a good rapper persay but i still have a lot of wayne on my ipod. Its a guilty pleasure lol. Hes got some sick producers on his tracks, has some hilarious metaphors and lines. But 90% of the time if another rapper raps over a wayne beat i will prefer the other.

Most recently getting into OFWGKTA, tylers production is so simple yet i love it. Love their sense of humor, id definitely go to one of their shows.

ATM Im lookin forward to tech n9nes klusterfuk, tyler the creators wolf, chamillionaires ammunition, and hopsins knock madness.

Anyone recommend to me some artists? I love horrorcore and shock value rap. I hate pop, hate any lovey romantic music, hate mainstream bullsh!t. My favorite artists are em (slim shady era), jay z, tech n9ne, hopsin, tyler the creator, kanye west, chamillionaire, busta rhymes, jedi mind tricks, OLD 50 cent. Also been getting into the weeknd tho hes not really hip hop

I heard a lot about roots and childish gambino, should give em a listen.

Srs.
    Last edited by Cruxis; 10th March 2012 at 2:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxis View Post
    Most recently getting into OFWGKTA, tylers production is so simple yet i love it. Love their sense of humor, id definitely go to one of their shows.

ATM Im lookin forward to...tyler the creators wolf
    The videos of Odd Future live is off the plot. I'm so sad I didn't listen to them earlier, since I might've gone to the Big Day Out to see them.
    I can't want for Wolf as well and Earl's new stuff with be ****ing amazing. I'm also looking forward to MellowHype's new stuff. Hodgy Beats is my favourite member.

Love hip hop. On the subject of wayne, he is not a good rapper persay but i still have a lot of wayne on my ipod. Its a guilty pleasure lol. Hes got some sick producers on his tracks, has some hilarious metaphors and lines. But 90% of the time if another rapper raps over a wayne beat i will prefer the other.

ATM Im lookin forward to tech n9nes klusterfuk, tyler the creators wolf, chamillionaires ammunition, and hopsins knock madness.

Anyone recommend to me some artists? I love horrorcore and shock value rap. I hate pop, hate any lovey romantic music, hate mainstream bullsh!t. My favorite artists are em (slim shady era), jay z, tech n9ne, hopsin, tyler the creator, kanye west, chamillionaire, busta rhymes, jedi mind tricks, OLD 50 cent. Also been getting into the weeknd tho hes not really hip hop

I heard a lot about roots and childish gambino, should give em a listen.

Srs.
    Listen to Nas's first album, illmatic. It's probably the best way to describe my style of Hip Hop.

Give OutKast and Missy Elliott (especially her third album) a shot. They're weird in a good way.
    "True Love is the only heart disease that is best left to 'run on' - the only affection of the heart for which there is no help, and none desired." -Mark Twain

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven." -John Milton

"...whoever you hate will end up in your family!" -Chris Rock

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast