Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Hip Hop Thread - for the nerds that think they're black

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Just listened to it also, I have to say I've been a huge fan of his earlier work (even if he is an *******, his music was great), but this new album is just so.... weird. It doesn't have much going for it and most of the songs just appear to be made using the same mold over and over again.

I was definitely expecting more from this album.
    I was just reading up and I saw that a lot of the album was last minute. I mean, as I said before tracks one through four are brilliant (and I actually wish Daft Punk did a lot more work because they killed the production on these tracks) but I'm really not sold on tracks five through nine.

And yeah I agree that it sometimes does feel a little monotonous.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    going off Rezzo's thread, I'm interested as to whether anyone's listened to Kanye West's new album 'Yeezus' yet, which leaked online yesterday.

Personally I was somewhat disappointed. It starts off really strong imo but then I felt that the standard slipped.
    I just listened to it and I really do like it, but some songs and most of the production is just really weird. Ye was saying some real vulgar stuff, which isn't technically a bad thing, which was really surprising. I love Blood On Leaves and Send It Up; I could definitely get down with those. I thought Hold My Liquor was just absolutely awful the first few times I listened, but I guess I can listen to it now.

"We could have been somebody!
    'Stead you had to tell somebody!"
    Last edited by Grovyl; 16th June 2013 at 2:10 PM.

derp.

Yezzus just gets worse with every listen. There's almost no depth to it at all.

Meanwhile, Born Sinner is aite
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

jay z's new album dropped earlier

it's good

yeah it did

it better be better than BP3
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I wasn't a bit fan of the new Jay-Z album. I haven't heard any of his others par The Black album (as the danger mouse mash-up) so I can't compaire.

Didn't Joey Bad***** also release something recently
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

He did but I never listened to him. There would likely be a song about how his friend Capital STEEZ died on it though.
    Killer Mike and El-P also made a free album called Run the Jewels.

I heard about run the jewels but my question is, is it good, not that El-P has put out a bad album but I question Killer Mike's ability to rap.
    Returned since 2009, Proud brony, steam and PS3 user, avid music listener,

I don't know if anyone's interested, but I seem to remember someone into the spiritual side of hip hop on this board, the Vimanas Project is out, and available for pay what you like, so essentially free. http://anahatasacredsoundcurrent.bandcamp.com/

Also Cosmic Crusader from The Lost Children of Babylon has finally released part 3 of CosmiCalculations. I've only played it the once through but it seems pretty solid.

I come into a hip-hop thread and I see people talking about Jay Z... -_-

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by DjangoCribbs View Post

I'm out.
    It's just due to him being the hype artist of the day or so.

Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler, the Creator, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Wale, Chris Webby, Eminem, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, The Notorious B.I.G....uhm I feel like there is more...uhm.

I'm out.
    But on the flip side I mentioned The Lost Children of Babylon (who's first album is the best hip album going in my book), and Vimanas which features Atma, Son of Satya, Riishi G7, Jahnaga Baba, Kalki & Surya Devi. So it's not all main stream hip pop. But for the sake of argument, why not join in contribute to the discussion, steer the conversation to artists you'd be happier discussing rather than just being dismissive.

I'm out.
    Because Jay-Z's latest album just released last week that why and I don't like none of his songs except for one.

Listened to Vinnie Paz' new album a bit, liking it very much so far.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I find my self irritated with Paz's voice these days. It's the same deep boomy, almost shouty style on everything I hear. I really liked him on JMT's Psycho-social, but I never really followed them, so I don't know when his style changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I find my self irritated with Paz's voice these days. It's the same deep boomy, almost shouty style on everything I hear. I really liked him on JMT's Psycho-social, but I never really followed them, so I don't know when his style changed.
    I was also a bigger fan of his work on Jedi Mind Tricks but his solo work is also fairly good.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I nearly saw him live about 6 months back as Heavy Metal Kings (with Ill Bill) but I was skint, and I'd recently seen Immortal Technique live, and I wasn't particularly impressed with hip hop as a form of live music (it was my first hip hop gig), so i decided against it.

But on the flip side I mentioned The Lost Children of Babylon (who's first album is the best hip album going in my book), and Vimanas which features Atma, Son of Satya, Riishi G7, Jahnaga Baba, Kalki & Surya Devi. So it's not all main stream hip pop. But for the sake of argument, why not join in contribute to the discussion, steer the conversation to artists you'd be happier discussing rather than just being dismissive.
    I would join in but now I'm more inclined to tell you to pull your wadded-up panties out of your arse, it was a comment in jest. I appreciate that it can, and has, been misinterpreted but only if you've already got your hackles up.

Someone's a bit touchy...

Someone's a bit touchy...
    I could say the same thing to you. No, wait, I did say the same thing to you. Which is why you're now saying it to me. Which is silly, I just made it clear that my original comment was in jest, by outright stating it, so it follows that you shouldn't take my follow-up as seriously either.

For someone who isn't touchy, you're certainly making a bit long winded deal out of it.

For someone who isn't touchy, you're certainly making a bit long winded deal out of it.
    I've got all day. But if you really want to talk Hip-Hop and not have a pissing contest with me, I can start at either Tyler the Creator or Rakim.

Quote Originally Posted by skwid79 View Post
    I heard about run the jewels but my question is, is it good, not that El-P has put out a bad album but I question Killer Mike's ability to rap.
    I have only heard Run the jewels from both of them but it's pretty good for a free download.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast