Thread: Getting burnt out on entertainment.

Default Getting burnt out on entertainment.

Have you ever liked something, indulged in it for a while, but then moved on from it? For example, I used to love to watch TheRunawayGuys walkthrough of the mario party series, after about two weeks,

I don't really feel such a strong urge anymore. Funny thing is, about two years ago, I went through this same thing. It is actually kind of sad, that when we have a new form of entertainment, we can get burnt out on it.

And what's even sadder is that is how we can never really get that feeling back. All we can hope for is maybe come back to it in a year or so and hope we can rekindle it, but it's never the same. I know that the language to describe this isn't exactly clear, well thats because it doesn't quite exist yet. So if you understand what I am saying, feel free to share your story.
    I am a splendid Red Engine, you never see my paint dirty.

One Piece: Marineford arc had lots of flashbacks and padding, but the canon storyline was so freaking good. Then timeskip happened, and the reunion took a bajillion episodes, but it was still worth it. THEN they reach the Fisherman's Island and... WTF is this shet? So boring and takes so long to get anywhere.

Yugioh Zexal: Watched like 70 episodes, all good. Then one day, I just got sick of Yuma as a horrible protag, and I said "Enough is enough", never watched an ep since then.

Nostalgia Critic: Was funny until like 2-3 years ago when he got his sidekicks. They're fine, but I feel their skits are very hit-or-miss.

AVGN: Was funny for several years like NC, but ever since he started working on the AVGN movie 4-5 years ago, he's had less and less videos, and the vulgarity isn't funny anymore.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Interesting, I never got bored woth AVGN or Nostalgia Critic.
    I am a splendid Red Engine, you never see my paint dirty.

Funny for me the One Piece arc I'm sick of is the Donformino one.
    The ordinal Yu-gi-oh I lost interest have way through battle city, plus episodes that last more than 5 just to play a card game is just bleh...
    Steven Universe while they had some good episodes with the 1st season finale it just seems to kiddie for me, plus the fanwar between SU fans and MLP fans just makes me sigh in annoyance.

This happened to me with Game Theory. I used to watch them a lot, but somehow, I just got fed up with it. Their videos just started to bore me for some reason. It's kinda sad when you think I'm the kind that is actually interested in things like that, and love to look at things from various angles, discovering hidden meanings, plot similarities to other things, and so on. I guess it's the host's fault, though. He just kind of got obnoxious.

Also with AVGN. I used to find him extremely funny, but now it's just cringe inducing. The vulgarity just isn't funny anymore, not even in the older stuff, and I kinda got fed up with his raging overreactions. I know, scripted and stuff, but yeah. Just not my thing anymore.

Those are the only cases when I completely dropped them. There were other times when I kinda started watching a walkthrough or a series, then stopped for some time for no reason at all or I just got distracted by other things, but I always came back and rewatched them eventually.