View Poll Results: Favorite Book/Series?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Hunger Games(my personal favorite)

14 25.45%
  • Harry Potter

19 34.55%
  • Percy Jackson

22 40.00%
  • Cirque De Freak

3 5.45%
  • The Clique

0 0%
  • The Babysitters Club

0 0%
  • The Warriors/Seekers

5 9.09%
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid

8 14.55%
  • Big Nate

2 3.64%
  • Misc.

25 45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The SPPf Book Club (NO it is NOT for nerds and girls)

Red face The SPPf Book Club (NO it is NOT for nerds and girls)

Welocme all, your timing is pleasent, l am elite four lucien, l mean chellochello, and l enjoy reading. l got the idea when thinking of work for an artist on SPPf artist to do when l was in language arts class. I think it will be a nice edition. This wont be like one of theose where l assign a book and you all read it, it will be to share about how much you loved a certain novel and how it impacted you. Even though this wont attract many numbskulls that cant read, there is rules....

1. Be nice, no "oh, that book sucked" we are all friends here
    2. When you are done a book and would like to submit it to our archives, fill out the form, dont try and recieve it from memory. The form is there for a reason
    3. I dont know if you do it, but in my school we have an AR program, which is called Accelerated Reader, so on the form, where it says how many AR points, put N/A if it is none or you dont have AR
    4. You can talk about books no matter what, if you want to submit it to the archives or not, just talk about it here
    5. Follow ALL Sppf rules, this is nonnegotiable
    6. Have a good time, this is why im creating this

Artwork: Will arrive shortly (will be done by Mews Universe)

Forms

For archives:

Username:
    Book Title:
    Author:
    How many AR points?
    Summary of book(nothing long, just why you liked it)
    Page #(if you remember)

To sign up and join:

Username:
    Favorite Book/Series
    Why you want to join

Spoiler:- Archives:
    Last edited by #chelloressurection; 23rd October 2011 at 1:54 AM.

Username:TylerS
    Favorite Book/Seriesiary of a wimpy kid because of the books and movies
    and Harry potter because of the movies
    Why you want to join:To talk about books

Username:Floatzel98
    Favorite Book/Series:i have heaps. Eragon series, harry potter, rangers apprentice, most emily rodda books, the tomorrow series, the secrets of Nicholas Flamel and heaps more.
    Why you want to join : cause books are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerS View Post
    Username:TylerS
    Favorite Book/Seriesiary of a wimpy kid because of the books and movies
    and Harry potter because of the movies
    Why you want to join:To talk about books
    Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Username:Floatzel98
    Favorite Book/Series:i have heaps. Eragon series, harry potter, rangers apprentice, most emily rodda books, the tomorrow series, the secrets of Nicholas Flamel and heaps more.
    Why you want to join : cause books are awesome!
    Both accepted, welcome aboard, you can start our discussion about what book you are currently reading

atm im reading eldest (book 2 of eragon). as you can see i like fiction stories more than anything else. what books r you guys reading?

It really irks me that the first post is littered with so many spelling and grammatical errors, but oh well.

Username: zhanton
    Favorite Book/Series: The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins); The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare); Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead)
    Why you want to join: Reading is fun. Yes.

Username: Lucarioisawesome
    Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson, Kane chronicles and anything Rick Riordan related. Also The N00b warrior and Diary of a Wimpy kid. NEED TO READ ALL OF THE BOOKS IN THOSE SERIES!!!
    Why you want to join: Cause im a girly nerd. I love reading!! To bad there are no Rick Riordan books where im at( Vietnam) and my ipad is broken(my main reading tool) :'(.
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    atm im reading eldest (book 2 of eragon). as you can see i like fiction stories more than anything else. what books r you guys reading?
    IMO eldest was the best, dont know why, but it was... and im reading mockingjay by suzanne collins

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    It really irks me that the first post is littered with so many spelling and grammatical errors, but oh well.

Username: zhanton
    Favorite Book/Series: The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins); The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare); Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead)
    Why you want to join: Reading is fun. Yes.
    Accepted and sorry for that, kinda wanted to get the first post before anyone else did

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    Username: Lucarioisawesome
    Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson, Kane chronicles and anything Rick Riordan related. Also The N00b warrior and Diary of a Wimpy kid. NEED TO READ ALL OF THE BOOKS IN THOSE SERIES!!!
    Why you want to join: Cause im a girly nerd. I love reading!! To bad there are no Rick Riordan books where im at( Vietnam) and my ipad is broken(my main reading tool) :'(.
    Welcome, sorry about the books and ipad, but at least there is books no matter what! Accepted

Username: ShinyLugia101
    Favorite Book/Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel series, and the Harry Potter Series.
    Why you want to join: Books PWN, and are awesome. 'nuff said.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/5dvt74.png[/IMG]
    Click Here for my deviantART

Random Person: hey, wat r u up 2 rite nao?
    Me: Not much. Was just about to throw a dictionary at your face, that's all.
        Spoiler:- Claims & Credits:

Accepted! Get started!

The last Flamel book, "The Enchantress", is coming out next summer.
    You guys have no idea how much I want that book to be out NOW.

Username jonman721
    Favorite Book/Series hitchhickers guide to the galixy sieries
    Why you want to join books are cool
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

OMG A BOOK CLUB!! *I'm a girl so screw the rules LOL*

Username:MuffinPaula

Favorite Book/Series: I have alot so I can't really name one. I guess Hunger Games.

Why you want to join: Cause books are awesome. I started loving books since last year. It took me a long time to realize books are amazing things. It's original, pure, perfect and helps you become intelligent. Also because so we can discuss books we read in common :3

Also i'm reading Water For Elephants. Amazing book~ They made a movie out of it.
    Last edited by MuffinPaula; 17th September 2011 at 1:32 AM.

Username: Charminions
    Favorite Book/Series: My favorite would have to be the Percy Jackson series.
    Why you want to join: I liek bukz

Hi everyone, I've been thinking if I should get a copy of the Hunger Games because everybody seems to love it but I'd like some more imput on whether or not I should get it.

Let's see how long this one will last

Username: arceus03. You can call me Arc for short. If you want to.

Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson and Cirque du Freak. The former because I like Rick Riordan's writing style, and the latter because the plot is superbly awesome. I am SO waiting for The Son of Neptune to come out. :3

Why you want to join: ...Because I'm trying to help this club live? *shot* Maybe I am hoping to discuss about books. Eh. Or to get some motivation to finish the books I'm reading And maybe get suggestions for books I could read.

Current book: ...Lord of The Flies. It's progressing slowly though, because of... college. Yeah. And Rewriting, by Harris. Uh

Can we discuss about nonfiction books as well?
    Last edited by arceus03; 17th September 2011 at 5:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been thinking if I should get a copy of the Hunger Games because everybody seems to love it but I'd like some more imput on whether or not I should get it.
    I read the series earlier this year and let me tell you it did not disappoint. I too had heard a lot of good things about this series and I just had to read it. The first chapter of the first book is really the only 'boring' chapter in the whole series; the rest of the series is fast-paced, exciting and action-packed. You will not regret reading this series, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Username jonman721
    Favorite Book/Series hitchhickers guide to the galixy sieries
    Why you want to join books are cool
    Accepted. welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinPaula View Post
    OMG A BOOK CLUB!! *I'm a girl so screw the rules LOL*

Username:MuffinPaula

Favorite Book/Series: I have alot so I can't really name one. I guess Hunger Games.

Why you want to join: Cause books are awesome. I started loving books since last year. It took me a long time to realize books are amazing things. It's original, pure, perfect and helps you become intelligent. Also because so we can discuss books we read in common :3

Also i'm reading Water For Elephants. Amazing book~ They made a movie out of it.
    Welcome, and girls and nerds can be involved, but you dont have to be either to be in ^_^ And my mom read WFE and said it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    Username: Charminions
    Favorite Book/Series: My favorite would have to be the Percy Jackson series.
    Why you want to join: I liek bukz

Accepted, and YES the hunger games is awesome, im on the thrid one, mockingjay, its fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Let's see how long this one will last

Username: arceus03. You can call me Arc for short. If you want to.

Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson and Cirque du Freak. The former because I like Rick Riordan's writing style, and the latter because the plot is superbly awesome. I am SO waiting for The Son of Neptune to come out. :3

Why you want to join: ...Because I'm trying to help this club live? *shot* Maybe I am hoping to discuss about books. Eh. Or to get some motivation to finish the books I'm reading And maybe get suggestions for books I could read.

Current book: ...Lord of The Flies. It's progressing slowly though, because of... college. Yeah. And Rewriting, by Harris. Uh

Can we discuss about nonfiction books as well?
    Welcome arc! And yes, any book is fine, thats why its a book club!

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    I read the series earlier this year and let me tell you it did not disappoint. I too had heard a lot of good things about this series and I just had to read it. The first chapter of the first book is really the only 'boring' chapter in the whole series; the rest of the series is fast-paced, exciting and action-packed. You will not regret reading this series, trust me.
    Yeah, my 6th grade reading teacher told me it was awesome, so l bought a cop and was glued to it, read the whole thing in 3 days, TEAM PEETA!!!! Nah, dont get caught up in team gale or peeta, its just an excuse for the fan girls to not be bored.

Username: Blackacer
    Favorite Book/Series : Mr Midnight / Percy Jackson / Heroes Of Olympus / Diary Of A Wimpy Kid / Skulduggery / The Power Of Five etc...
    Why you want to join : Books are nice expecially fighting / exciting / adventure books :P

♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

Banner & Userbar done by me =D

Accepted Blackacer. Also, does anybody want to add anything to the archives?

Username: ilovedragonites

Favorite book/series: Warriors series, The Thirteen and a Half Lives of Captain Bluebear

Why you want to join: books are very entertaining, and are an excuse to get off the internet are the next best thing compared to the internet. When I need to take a break, it's reading time. As a matter of fact, I'll do some reading now.

Current book: The Red Pyramid. Yes, I'm quite slow.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

My Current Book: Anne of Green Gables.
    It's a good book so far, but I prefer fantasy fiction over realistic fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by chellochello View Post
    Welcome, and girls and nerds can be involved, but you dont have to be either to be in ^_^ And my mom read WFE and said it was awesome!
    O yay lol. I love the book but there are language, profanity, scenes, animal abuse. But I don't mind it since it's a really good book to care. Also i'm mature enough to read advance books :3.

I prefer books over movies so I don't think the movie is better than the book.

Welcome arc! And yes, any book is fine, thats why its a book club!
    Thank you =D Okay, though I don't think anyone is going to discuss historical or biography books here. XD Still, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackacer View Post
    Username: Blackacer
    ... Have we met before? *shot*

Accepted Blackacer. Also, does anybody want to add anything to the archives?
    What do the archives do? Just... our personal records?

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinPaula View Post
    I prefer books over movies so I don't think the movie is better than the book.
    Seconded. Movies usually have shorter scenes from the book. In some cases,     Spoiler:
    the plot was horribly different from the original work it just makes you go ".... What?"

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLugia101 View Post
    My Current Book: Anne of Green Gables.
    It's a good book so far, but I prefer fantasy fiction over realistic fiction.
    I think we all do. XD Fantasy fictions have much more possibilities to be explored, like, idk, magic, illusion, alternate dimension and stuff, while realistic fiction usually revolves around similar themes.... Murder, theft, kidnap, etc..

Once I finish Anne of Green Gables, I'm probably gonna start reading The Hunger Games

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Seconded. Movies usually have shorter scenes from the book. In some cases,     Spoiler:
    the plot was horribly different from the original work it just makes you go ".... What?"
    IKR. If it's maybe a 100 page book, it would be OK. But like I said, books are original and to me where most of the movies come from today *books*. Also I agree like that movie and Percy Jackson were rip offs. I'm surprised how they're making a 2nd movie of that series..

Spoiler:- HG Movie:

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast