View Poll Results: Favorite Book/Series?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Hunger Games(my personal favorite)

14 25.45%
  • Harry Potter

19 34.55%
  • Percy Jackson

22 40.00%
  • Cirque De Freak

3 5.45%
  • The Clique

0 0%
  • The Babysitters Club

0 0%
  • The Warriors/Seekers

5 9.09%
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid

8 14.55%
  • Big Nate

2 3.64%
  • Misc.

25 45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The SPPf Book Club (NO it is NOT for nerds and girls)

The Harry Potter movies weren't that bad, but they were missing a lot of scenes that were in the books.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/5dvt74.png[/IMG]
    Click Here for my deviantART

Random Person: hey, wat r u up 2 rite nao?
    Me: Not much. Was just about to throw a dictionary at your face, that's all.
        Spoiler:- Claims & Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinPaula View Post
    IKR. If it's maybe a 100 page book, it would be OK. But like I said, books are original and to me where most of the movies come from today *books*. Also I agree like that movie and Percy Jackson were rip offs. I'm surprised how they're making a 2nd movie of that series..
    I don't think there's going to be a continuation to the Percy Jackson movie. Saw it, didn't like it that much. Poor Hades

The Cirque du Freak though, the ending hints a continuation. idk how they would continue it, now the plot is so different and quite a lot have been revealed...

Speaking about CdF, Shan is making another series about Larten Crepsley. I might try to read that someday... My CdF collection isn't even complete yet though. Book number 1 and 3, I think, I haven't read yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLugia101 View Post
    The Harry Potter movies weren't that bad, but they were missing a lot of scenes that were in the books.
    Yup, at least the main storyline doesn't differ that enormously though.

Anyone read Caught? Written by Harlan Coben.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedragonites View Post
    Username: ilovedragonites

Favorite book/series: Warriors series, The Thirteen and a Half Lives of Captain Bluebear

Why you want to join: books are very entertaining, and are an excuse to get off the internet are the next best thing compared to the internet. When I need to take a break, it's reading time. As a matter of fact, I'll do some reading now.

Current book: The Red Pyramid. Yes, I'm quite slow.
    Welcome to the club!

Also, added a welcome banner! Thanks KB3!

Looks awesome, but I can't really see what it says at the end.

It says reading has power chello!

Nice banner, Chello!

I read the Hunger Games. Violence, fiction, an original concept; it's great. Once I'm done with The Red Pyramid, I'll start on Catching Fire. Aspiring novelists like me need to read, read, and read some more. SPPf is trying to thwart my plans, but I think I'll manage.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Mayonnaise is not an instrument. However, milk is.

I LOVED the red pyramid, probably one fot the best books l ever read, its a hoot and a holler!

USERNAME: Darth_Feraligatr
    FAVORITE BOOK/SERIES: Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, The Circle
    WHY I WANT TO JOIN: I love to read. And, being a writer, I may read books that others are reading to get inspiration (technically or creatively).\
    CURRENT BOOK: Let's see if I can remember them all. World of WarCraft: The Shattering by Christie Golden, Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear, Warhammer 40,000: Salamanders by Nick Kyme, Diablo: Legacy of Blood by Richard A. Knaak, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by Tolkein, and Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne by David Gaider.

Welcome! Start discussing!

Thanks for the welcome.

Like I said in my previous post, and if you can't tell from my sig, I'm a writer. Ex Tenebris Lux: Via is the first part of a trilogy. I'm almost done with the first draft. The first few chapters can be found here. I encourage all to read it and give feedback. I already have ideas on how to improve for the second draft, but I welcome more. Even if it is just for that brief preview.

Anyways, I look forward to reading The Red Pyramid in the future when I finish the rest of the books I'm currently reading. And I express interest in The Hunger Games. But I know nothing about it. Nobody can explain it to me without unnecessary use of sarcasm, or, in the case of my kid brother, ranting about how the movie better be good. So can somebody tell me about it?

I read the prologue of "Tenebris Lux" and it was pretty good, wonderful, its good to mix it up with a writer sometimes

hey chello, could you explain what Accelerated Reading is

Accelerated reading means you basically scan through instead of reading 1 by 1 , this way you will read faster like meeee!

♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

Banner & Userbar done by me =D

oh, i do that! but what does it mean by how many AR point's in the archives?

To sign up and join:

Username: Loreni333

Favorite Book/Series: Oh... Either:
    1) Douglas Adam's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
    2) Terry Prachett's Discworld 'Watch' series...

Why you want to join: Mostly to have some fun discussing some of my beloved authors, mostly being Douglas Adams and Terry Prachett. And I'm A nerd. It's turtles all the way down!
    TODAY I DRANK PICKLE JUICE.
    It was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    oh, i do that! but what does it mean by how many AR point's in the archives?
    I got totally no idea in that pal

♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

Accelerated Reader is a stupid system in public schools where certain books cost a certain amount of points. After reading said books, you are required to take a brief test on the book on the computer, and based on how many questions you answer correctly, you'll get AR points. The points get you nothing. It's just a method of trying to force people to read books that they don't want to read. When I was in school, all the books I read were adult level books that were worth nothing, so I averaged zero points, and I got in trouble for it. All the AR books were quite like the selection from a summer reading program or course reading: agonizingly dull and suicide-inducingly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreni333 View Post
    To sign up and join:

Username: Loreni333

Favorite Book/Series: Oh... Either:
    1) Douglas Adam's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
    2) Terry Prachett's Discworld 'Watch' series...

Why you want to join: Mostly to have some fun discussing some of my beloved authors, mostly being Douglas Adams and Terry Prachett. And I'm A nerd. It's turtles all the way down!

Welcome! Start joining our discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    Accelerated Reader is a stupid system in public schools where certain books cost a certain amount of points. After reading said books, you are required to take a brief test on the book on the computer, and based on how many questions you answer correctly, you'll get AR points. The points get you nothing. It's just a method of trying to force people to read books that they don't want to read. When I was in school, all the books I read were adult level books that were worth nothing, so I averaged zero points, and I got in trouble for it. All the AR books were quite like the selection from a summer reading program or course reading: agonizingly dull and suicide-inducingly depressing.
    Yeah, AR is something really stupid. For us, every semester our LA teacher assigns a certain amount of AR(or accelarated reader) points for us to achieve throughout the marking period. You basically have to read books and depending on how long, thick, or hard the book is, is how they decide the points, right now im reading Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins, and it is worth 15 AR points, so when l finish, l go to our school library, take the comprehension test, and than recieve how ever many points l get.

Lol i thought it was Accelerated Reading
    since my country dont have this weird system

♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

What country are you from ace?

Singapore.
    Its sad since no snow and stuff just one hot freaking daily...

♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

Oh yeah thats right. It snows alot here, but my home country has weird weather, back on topic, archives!

I'm glad I don't have the AR system, either...
    That would suck.

~meep

There is a school in the town about 5 minutes from me, they only have to read 3 books a marking period, no limit, just 3 books, alot of kids read barney books

^ lol

~meep

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast