View Poll Results: Favorite Book/Series?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Hunger Games(my personal favorite)

    14 25.45%
  • Harry Potter

    19 34.55%
  • Percy Jackson

    22 40.00%
  • Cirque De Freak

    3 5.45%
  • The Clique

    0 0%
  • The Babysitters Club

    0 0%
  • The Warriors/Seekers

    5 9.09%
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid

    8 14.55%
  • Big Nate

    2 3.64%
  • Misc.

    25 45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 285

Thread: The SPPf Book Club (NO it is NOT for nerds and girls)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    I absoleutly hate it, we are carrying a HUGE load, and they are just being loads.





  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Haggard, Dublin
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Username: Fizzay
    Favorite Book/Series: The Skulduggery Pleasant series
    Why you want to join: I want to find some good books to read and to discuss books.


  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Username: Assassin9399
    Favorite Book/Series: I think I'll go for Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, but I like Percy Jackson and Eragon as well.
    Why you want to join: I like reading, and most people I know don't like reading fantasy books or books at all, so I want to talk about it with other people.

    We don't have an AR system, we need to read books for German, Dutch and English (and perhaps French, but I don't have that :S). All are worth points, and we can choose which books we want to read. We read 3 books every year for three years long, make a summary, give that to the teacher to get his approval. After that we have to talk with the teacher about 3 of the 9 books. We can read most books, as long as they aren't Children books (and HP and Twillight). This means however that most people just read the books in dutch or they just copy and change the summary's they find on the internet. I'm still waiting for their turn, and they will fail cause they didn't read the books at all 8D. This is only for english though.

    With dutch, we need to read books from the renaissance and such... BORING

    I'm still trying to read Terry Pratchet, but it's to hard in english for me, I don't get the humor, so I'm going to try it in dutch. Is game of thrones good?


    Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    At the Grand Galloping Gala!
    Posts
    348

    Default

    ^What books are you reading from him? Some early books arn't as good as others. And most of the humor is refrences, but he made it so if you don't get it thier isn't an awkward part of the book, it just slides nicely. And alot of jokes. And Carrot.

    If I were you Assassian, try starting on 'Guards! Guards!' which is definetly A great book. I started on it, and even though it's A bit weak on the ending, the joke A big miss, everything else is great. But not as good as the sequels... :3

    Never read Game of Thrones...
    TODAY I DRANK PICKLE JUICE.
    It was pretty good.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    With Haru~Desu
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    I don't think there's going to be a continuation to the Percy Jackson movie. Saw it, didn't like it that much. Poor Hades
    If they're making a 2nd movie, they may make a 3rd. They're are people in this world who spend money on movies they don't know what's a rip-off or what's a good movie .-. I'd be surprise if they made a 3rd movie. The more sequels they make the more crappier the movies get..

    Quote Originally Posted by chellochello View Post
    I LOVED the red pyramid, probably one fot the best books l ever read, its a hoot and a holler!
    I read almost half the book already. LOVED IT. but reading WFE first..

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzay View Post
    Username: Fizzay
    Favorite Book/Series: The Skulduggery Pleasant series
    Why you want to join: I want to find some good books to read and to discuss books.
    Well, you have some nerve trying to join after doing what you tried to pull earlier, but if you can behave, you may enter the club.

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    Username: Assassin9399
    Favorite Book/Series: I think I'll go for Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, but I like Percy Jackson and Eragon as well.
    Why you want to join: I like reading, and most people I know don't like reading fantasy books or books at all, so I want to talk about it with other people.

    We don't have an AR system, we need to read books for German, Dutch and English (and perhaps French, but I don't have that :S). All are worth points, and we can choose which books we want to read. We read 3 books every year for three years long, make a summary, give that to the teacher to get his approval. After that we have to talk with the teacher about 3 of the 9 books. We can read most books, as long as they aren't Children books (and HP and Twillight). This means however that most people just read the books in dutch or they just copy and change the summary's they find on the internet. I'm still waiting for their turn, and they will fail cause they didn't read the books at all 8D. This is only for english though.

    With dutch, we need to read books from the renaissance and such... BORING

    I'm still trying to read Terry Pratchet, but it's to hard in english for me, I don't get the humor, so I'm going to try it in dutch. Is game of thrones good?
    Welcome ^_^ and cool, maybe you can learn english from some of the books we are discussing!





  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Secretly giving you bunny ears
    Posts
    603

    Default

    At my old school, we did AR. Of course, almost everything in the library was an AR book, so I didn't need to worry(thank goodness).

    The system itself is pretty idiotic, but they apparently had no other way to give us reading grades(besides for our story-for-the-week tests, which were horrible with mediocrity). I suppose we can't entirely blame them for using that system. I mean, what would WE do in their position?
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Haggard, Dublin
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chellochello View Post
    Well, you have some nerve trying to join after doing what you tried to pull earlier, but if you can behave, you may enter the club.
    What did I do?

    Anyway....
    I've never heard of AR. So I'm guess I'm lucky we don't have AR here in Ireland.

    So has anyone read the Skulduggery pleasant books? ^_^


  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzay View Post
    What did I do?

    Anyway....
    I've never heard of AR. So I'm guess I'm lucky we don't have AR here in Ireland.

    So has anyone read the Skulduggery pleasant books? ^_^
    Does the "removing me from the friends list because im your FRIEND" thing ring a bell, l noticed.





  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Haggard, Dublin
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chellochello View Post
    Does the "removing me from the friends list because im your FRIEND" thing ring a bell, l noticed.
    WTF? I didn't delete you I deleted people I never talked to.
    If I did I'm sorry....I don't remember deleting you though. =/

    Back on topic:
    What's the most fascinating/ exciting book/ novel you've ever read?


  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    460

    Default

    I'm going for Lord of the Rings, it's epic, and I really liked all the information you got in the whole book.
    Last edited by Assassin9399; 18th September 2011 at 6:52 PM.


    Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Username: Titan500
    Favorite Book/Series:
    -Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
    -I, Robot by Issac Asimov
    Why you want to join: To discuss the appreciation of literature.
    RPGer Profile
    ~~~~
    [9:09 PM] delilah: achievement unlocked: use the phrase "drop it like it's hot" in my final biology project

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Blue Screen of Death
    Posts
    263

    Default

    oh hai Titan

    Anyway, I would go with either The Magician, the 2nd book in the Nicholas Flamel series, or The Sorceress, the 3rd book in the same series.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/5dvt74.png[/IMG]
    Click Here for my deviantART

    Random Person: hey, wat r u up 2 rite nao?
    Me: Not much. Was just about to throw a dictionary at your face, that's all.
        Spoiler:- Claims & Credits:

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    460

    Default

    I've The last Continent and The Thief of Time, but perhaps I should read the colour of Magic first. Also, my english ain't bad, I'm just trying to improve it, that's why I'm here in the second place. First place? having fun :3


    Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan500 View Post
    Username: Titan500
    Favorite Book/Series:
    -Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
    -I, Robot by Issac Asimov
    Why you want to join: To discuss the appreciation of literature.
    Welcome, enter the discussion!


    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLugia101 View Post
    oh hai Titan

    Anyway, I would go with either The Magician, the 2nd book in the Nicholas Flamel series, or The Sorceress, the 3rd book in the same series.
    LOVE the series, the necromancer was probably my favorite, the alchemist probably my least, but overall, a really good series!





  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Username: Zekrom77
    Favorite Book/Series: Warriors Series and Chaos Walking Series
    Why you want to join: Reading is my life
    A proud member of the



    Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

        Spoiler:- Claims~:

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Welcome, join the discussion!





  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    102

    Default

    OH MY GOD! Y'all are talking about the secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel series!
    I really like that series. It incorporates famous people, modern day, and ancient legends so well done. I cannot wait for the last book!
    A proud member of the



    Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

        Spoiler:- Claims~:

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England.... I think.....
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I'm a girl!:P

    Username:ZoruaBoo
    Favorite Book/Series:
    ~Eragon
    ~Northern Lights
    ~Demonata
    Why you want to join:
    Well, I love books! I want to be in this club! I want to find other people who love horror!
    :3 Thanks!

    Zorua Ponies scratch sprites made by me

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Blue Screen of Death
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaBoo View Post
    I'm a girl!:P
    Me too!

    3 words on Nicholas Flamel Series: BEST SERIES EVAH!!!
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/5dvt74.png[/IMG]
    Click Here for my deviantART

    Random Person: hey, wat r u up 2 rite nao?
    Me: Not much. Was just about to throw a dictionary at your face, that's all.
        Spoiler:- Claims & Credits:

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom77 View Post
    OH MY GOD! Y'all are talking about the secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel series!
    I really like that series. It incorporates famous people, modern day, and ancient legends so well done. I cannot wait for the last book!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaBoo View Post
    I'm a girl!:P

    Username:ZoruaBoo
    Favorite Book/Series:
    ~Eragon
    ~Northern Lights
    ~Demonata
    Why you want to join:
    Well, I love books! I want to be in this club! I want to find other people who love horror!
    :3 Thanks!
    Welcome, join the discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLugia101 View Post
    Me too!

    3 words on Nicholas Flamel Series: BEST SERIES EVAH!!!
    I love it, it has a good and right amount of humour, l like the style.





  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Blue Screen of Death
    Posts
    263

    Default

    On a similar note...

    Username: ShinyLugia101
    Book Title: The Alchemist
    Author: Michael Scott
    How many AR points: N/A
    Summary of book: The 1st book in the best series ever: The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel. Basically, it's about these 2 twins, named Sophie and Josh Newman, who are found by Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel, who are immortal. The Two find out that they are the Gold and Silver Twins, and are basically the Chosen Ones. This is the start of an Amazing Adventure that takes them to different worlds (Shadowrealms) and encounter other Immortal Humans, and the Mysterious Elders.
    Pages: 369 Pages Long
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/5dvt74.png[/IMG]
    Click Here for my deviantART

    Random Person: hey, wat r u up 2 rite nao?
    Me: Not much. Was just about to throw a dictionary at your face, that's all.
        Spoiler:- Claims & Credits:

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Added to archives!





  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    I just placed an order for The Son of Neptune. :3 It's still a looooooooong time before the book comes out, but hey. I'm excited. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinPaula View Post
    I read almost half the book already. LOVED IT. but reading WFE first..
    Ahh. I saw The Red Pyramid, and its sequel back in the bookstore I just went to. I'm tempted to buy it buuuut... T.T I'll wait until the winter break, college is now giving me loads of stuffs to do first that I'm afraid if I buy the book it might distract me. XD I also plan to finish reading the Lord of The Flies first before buying any other books, as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    I'm going for Lord of the Rings, it's epic, and I really liked all the information you got in the whole book.
    Oooh, LoTR. I only saw the movie. I might try reading the books someday... if I have time. XD *adds to the list of books he will try to read* I mean, I have quite a number of unread books. Or halfway-read books. Eh. Inkheart is one of them. No offense, but I don't really find the reading to be a pleasure. The storyline is a bit interesting, but the way Cornelia Funke writes makes it a bit... dull to plow through the pages. >.>

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaBoo View Post
    Username:ZoruaBoo
    Favorite Book/Series:
    ~Eragon
    ~Northern Lights
    ~Demonata
    You read Demonata? How is it? 8D Do you read the Cirque du Freak series as well?

    What is the use of the archive, if I might ask?


  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    i have read all the nicholas flamel books as well. They are awesome! now im just waiting till the enchantress comes out

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •