Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Using Cresselia in O.U?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Candyshop
    Posts
    0

    Default Using Cresselia in O.U?

    Last time I checked Cress was Borderline, so how do you guys feel about the use of it in OU? It's crazy bulky, and has lunar dance when in a pinch, to me this thing is beast but am I wrong and it's outclassed by Vap and Blissy?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In Equator of Emerald
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Because the only reliable recovery she has is moonlight, and it's nerfed with the weathers that not named Sun, which dominated OU metagame

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, England.
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    The only two things my Cresselia can't obliterate are Steel and Poison types. Dual Screens, Toxic, Energy Ball. Tasty. Oh, and she has lefties for recovery.

    No reason why she can't be used. She's part of a team that (used to, anyway) be a defensive and HP centred team (HP Sauce team). Most of her fellow HP battlers are now gone, but Cress remains because she's really rather good.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
    Last time I checked Cress was Borderline, so how do you guys feel about the use of it in OU? It's crazy bulky, and has lunar dance when in a pinch, to me this thing is beast but am I wrong and it's outclassed by Vap and Blissy?
    Cresselia is RU... BL is just insane for Cresselia... It's dies to toxic and is just not really sustainable enough to live in UU, let alone OU.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterdarvus View Post
    Because the only reliable recovery she has is moonlight, and it's nerfed with the weathers that not named Sun, which dominated OU metagame
    I like the used of past tense 'dominated'. Weather is still there alot lol...

    Quote Originally Posted by Proby3 View Post
    The only two things my Cresselia can't obliterate are Steel and Poison types. Dual Screens, Toxic, Energy Ball. Tasty. Oh, and she has lefties for recovery.

    The foes Dragonite uses Dragon Claw! It does 70% damage!
    Lefties don't really help that much...


    No reason why she can't be used. She's part of a team that (used to, anyway) be a defensive and HP centred team (HP Sauce team). Most of her fellow HP battlers are now gone, but Cress remains because she's really rather good.
    Poison (weak to psychic lol) and Steel are weak to ground... It amuses me that you even mention HP earlier in the paragraph... HP isn't really good enough however, as that would rip away a good moveset, as Cresselia requires Calm Mind and Moonlight, meaning you only have two slots for offensive moves... HP would be wasted in there.

    In general Cresselia sort of dies in the OU metagame. Too many psysical sweepers to be given a chance. I tried it once and it sort of died really quickly every time, despite having a bulky EV spread. I guess occasionaly you manage to set up and do some damage but... It's currently in RU, and that's where it should be, it fits there and isn't killed as soon as you switch it in. It might be OK in UU I guess, but you'd have to be really careful with it, with subs perhaps giving it hope against toxic, but I don't really play UU so I wouldn't know...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.

  6. #6

    Default

    Cresselia as a trick roomer/helping hand double battle support. This is the BEST way of using Cresselia.



    Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Graivty Falls, Oregon
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Yep.

    Reuniclus has pretty much stolen Cressila's spot, what with his immunity to residential damage such as the Sandstorm and Toxic that so plagues her, and a decent recovery move. And he's more potent than a dead duck offensively.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Garage Island (UTC +1)
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Cresselia as a trick roomer/helping hand double battle support. This is the BEST way of using Cresselia.
    Well, as a Trick Roomer gains disadvantages, having a good 85 Base Speed, so I can see her with a Helping Hand set. By the way, does it boost Attack or Sp. Attack?



    Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I was able to stall indefinetly with cresellia in ubers. Yes, UBERS. I only got rid of her because someone told me to use lugia.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SMD
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    Cresselia is RU... BL is just insane for Cresselia... It's dies to toxic and is just not really sustainable enough to live in UU, let alone OU.


    I like the used of past tense 'dominated'. Weather is still there alot lol...


    Poison (weak to psychic lol) and Steel are weak to ground... It amuses me that you even mention HP earlier in the paragraph... HP isn't really good enough however, as that would rip away a good moveset, as Cresselia requires Calm Mind and Moonlight, meaning you only have two slots for offensive moves... HP would be wasted in there.

    In general Cresselia sort of dies in the OU metagame. Too many psysical sweepers to be given a chance. I tried it once and it sort of died really quickly every time, despite having a bulky EV spread. I guess occasionaly you manage to set up and do some damage but... It's currently in RU, and that's where it should be, it fits there and isn't killed as soon as you switch it in. It might be OK in UU I guess, but you'd have to be really careful with it, with subs perhaps giving it hope against toxic, but I don't really play UU so I wouldn't know...
    You covered basically everything I was going to say, well done sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Emo Cave
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    this kind of made my day

    Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    I was able to stall indefinetly with cresellia in ubers. Yes, UBERS. I only got rid of her because someone told me to use lugia.
    Your point being???

    Seriously mons can be okay in Ubers and suck horribly in basically all other tiers (other than RU/NU I guess), and Cresselia's one of them. In OU, sand and rain are everywhere, nerfing your only reliable method of recovery (since Rest is so bad with the new sleep mechanics and moonlight has always sucked). And what are you going to do, lol, switch in on CBNite, take 70%, then die? Let something die, switch in, Ice Beam, then die? Not really accomplishing much. In UU, sand, hail, and stall are everywhere (and so are heracross and cobalion!!!!!), and none of them are particularly kind to Cressy. Sand screws up your recovery, as does hail, Cressy is complete setup for all of stall's spikers (except qwilfish I guess, but then you're probably mono attacking with psychic which is dumb), etc.

    Cressy DOES do well in Ubers though, walling some prominent physical threats and getting solid recovery with Moonlight due to the commonality of groudon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Sigged faster than the speed of love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post
    Well, as a Trick Roomer gains disadvantages, having a good 85 Base Speed, so I can see her with a Helping Hand set. By the way, does it boost Attack or Sp. Attack?
    Boosts the power of any attacking move by 1.5 for the turn. Pair that up with Toxic, and an Earthquake user such as Rampardos with Mold Breaker, and you have a DANGEROUS combo.



    Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Island
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Well, when you refer to Cresselia as a Wall, then yes. But if Cresselia is a support (AKA Deoxys-S in HO), I could see you starting with some Sweeper, use Cresselia when they're not expecting it, set Screens, then Lunar Dance to refresh some crippled guy to come back and sweep again.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    Well, when you refer to Cresselia as a Wall, then yes. But if Cresselia is a support (AKA Deoxys-S in HO), I could see you starting with some Sweeper, use Cresselia when they're not expecting it, set Screens, then Lunar Dance to refresh some crippled guy to come back and sweep again.
    Trick Room/Helping Hand Works, too. Lunar Dance. How did I forget that move? Very nice on my set, now that I think about it.



    Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the grass is greenest
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Cressilia is horrible in OU, where there is Scizor, Volcarona, rain, sand, and huge hitters to counter it easily.




    New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    You would think Cresselia would do well, but no, it dies to Toxic and Spore. It can barely even hold its own without setting up.
    Another cool pokemon in UU... Darn...


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Racing in the Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Boosts the power of any attacking move by 1.5 for the turn. Pair that up with Toxic, and an Earthquake user such as Rampardos with Mold Breaker, and you have a DANGEROUS combo.
    And Thats why I do double battles lol

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mudkip's Marsh
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Hahahahahaaahaha so funny! But true....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

    And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?

  21. #21

    Default

    Cresselia is bulky as a wall, level 77 toxic calm mind stalled alders acceelagor and volcarona just wishing every other turn...
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_burnt View Post
    Cresselia is bulky as a wall, level 77 toxic calm mind stalled alders acceelagor and volcarona just wishing every other turn...
    ....which doesn't at all apply to competitive

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Learning new Type Matchups
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    This is the only post which is needed in this thread. Sums it all up very nicely.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

    3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

    Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!



  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    ....which doesn't at all apply to competitive

    Well considering the latter was used in metagame proves that cressila is bulky seeing as how non ev trained cress can wall to pokes who have modest nature ( I know because my friend caught them in a hack, the computers always have the perfect nature). I was implying that if it could wall them two it could do good online seeing as how mine's docile and online if might be calm or something.
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_burnt View Post
    Well considering the latter was used in metagame proves that cressila is bulky seeing as how non ev trained cress can wall to pokes who have modest nature ( I know because my friend caught them in a hack, the computers always have the perfect nature). I was implying that if it could wall them two it could do good online seeing as how mine's docile and online if might be calm or something.
    And like every single person is only gonna ever use Accelgor or Volcarona. In proper OU people actually use proper pokes, that are designed to beat as much as possible. It's not sets designed to be beatable because there are young children playing the game. Cresselia needs time to set up and that time isn't availabe in OU. It just dies. And dies. And dies. Toxic completely kills it, and sandstorm and rain get rid of it's recovery meaning when it sets up it. Leech Seed trolls it, and whimsicott pair that, toxic and subs to devastate it epically. It can be killed epically easily by even Lapras (which is also RU lol)... I would love to see you to make a good team with a Cresselia base. But you wouldn't be able to.

    Competitive pokemon is completely different to ingame. Epic_Eevee already said this, however clearly you need it straight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •