Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crisis From The Underground Up! (708)

Aren't TR trapped in the subway, though? I think I didn't hear any indication that they could escape to Anvile Town or somewhere else.

omg i loved cilan here!!

When they're like "We reached Nimbasa City!" I was like FINALLY!

OMG! Tracy is alive!

After over a decade of failure TR did something right for once!

Cilan <3

Why Meowth? It seems like just because you can talk you are superior to the other Pokemon. How did you even put Pikachu and Axew in those cages if you don't have thumbs?!

This episode was alright. Nothing much to say about it other than I look forward to the second part of this episode.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Good to have a pun in the title again. Not much of that in BW.

Good to see Team Rocket pulling off such a complicated plan (seriously, the extra decoy trains released from the D3 point was forethought TR has never shown before), and Meowth having such an integral part to play. I don't care if Meowth's being a double agent was as predictable as night following day - it was a good plan and gave us a lot of nice Meowth episodes.

Also, best TR motto animation and delivery of the season.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I didn't really care for this episode much. Especially the English version. The only thing that I thought was good was when Meowth went back to Team Rocket.

This episode gets a 4/10.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

A great episode.

It begins with the gang arriving in Nimbasa City and going to the pokemon centre but via the subway system! This results in Cilan acting like a kid looking at his christmas presents on christmas morning. After a comical Meowth drag-a-way, they catch the train with cilan still in kid mode and it suddenly stops due to the mysterious ghost train in which they meet Emmet and Ingo. They fix the train and finish the journey to the pokemon centre.

Upon arrival, Meowth is persistant in getting EVERY pokemon in the massage suite. On the way Meowth makes a phonecall to Zeiger, surprise surpise, however I did find meowth's story and acting throughout his time with the gang very convincing even though it was inevitable that he was going to return to team rocket. Once the pokemon were relaxed, meowth stole them and stored them in the ghost train.

Meanwhile, Cilan has caught on to something fishy (he is a fishing connoisseur afterall). After a series of events which involved the drawbridge getting stuck they run to the vault which is empty, and they follow the trace to the ghost train! After a motto, team rocket make their getaway and they gang make follow but they are too slow so they go to the control room. Emmet and Ingo tell them to take the mail cart to go to the D3 terminal which team rocket is guaranteed to cross. However, team rocket are one step ahead and set up a decoy which take the gang off the scent.

Finally, Emmet and Ingo still think they have them with the sensors but once team rocket get to the D3 terminal they set off many more decoys and they are impossible to be tracked. Will the gang, emmet and ingo be able to track down team rocket and stop them???????

I thought Team Rocket were very good this episode, especially with them always being one step ahead. Can't wait till next week now!!!!!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    edit2: So this episode IS called Crisis from the Underground Up... I thought it was changed to "To Catch a Ghost Train"
    "To Catch a Ghost Train" is the title of the next episode, I believe. I can't wait for it. I really want to learn how this EPIC Battle Subway plot turns out.

AWESOME episode though, one of the best of the season. They're FINALLY in Nimbasa City and Cilan is hilarious once again (I like trains, anyone?). Truthfully, I was VERY shocked when Meowth turned out to be evil (I miss his silliness) but hey, nice plot twist. I love how evil Team Rocket is now... can't wait for the ending... epicness.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    "To Catch a Ghost Train" is the title of the next episode, I believe.
    Actually, it's called "Battle for the Underground". "To Catch a Ghost Train" was reported as the title for this episode earlier, but I guess they changed it at the last second or something.

... Actually, no, now that I think of it, "Crisis from the Underground up" was reported before "To Catch a Ghost Train", wasn't it? Did they change it and then change it back or what? I'm confused now.

... Pokemon.com says it's called "To Catch a Ghost Train". Someone somewhere needs to make up their mind. :/
    Last edited by Honeyichigo; 1st January 2012 at 4:03 AM.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I'm a terrible Pokemon fan for not remembering this aired in the morning today. Today did not feel like Saturday at all. Meanwhile, the episode was very cool. It was cool to see Prof. Oak, I guess, and hearing a mentioning of Tracey was quite surprising. Nice to hear he's still alive.

Meowth returning to Team Rocket, or well known as never leaving in the first place, completely blew my mind! /sarcasm But it's good to see he can never change. :P Once a bad guy, always a bad guy (most of the time).

Ingo and Emmet are really cool to see, too. I really enjoy their characters on the show.

Can't wait for next weeks episode either. Things can only get better! I'm just glad the gang is finally in Nimbasa City, been waiting since June. xD

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Decent episode. It was nice to see Oak again and the mention of Tracey. Team Rocket is still up to no good, and smart with being a step ahead. The gang better not trust Meowth anymore after this.

I must admit I enjoyed Emmet and Ingo's role in this episode (in terms of what they said and other things) much, MUCH more than I did in their cameos leading up to it. They just fit perfectly.
    {Insert signature here}

Lolz, were TPCi that lazy that they kept the Japanese characters?

Ug this was a very finicky episode! It was really good in some parts, and in others I covered my eyes and ears and groaned. Cilan is so immature! Meowth why did you leave us? Whatever... Still curious what is going to happen next. I'll wait for next week to watch part two! Boo yah!

Spoiler:- Some Things:

I’m not sure how I feel about this episode to be honest. On the one hand, the plot and TR’s plan is really well thought out. On the other hand, Meowth will go back to being his boring BW self after this episode and I’m still in disbelief that Team Rocket could come up with all this. I’m just going to assume that Zager did all the planning and the TRio did the legwork. It helps me allow the possibility of TRio having a well thought out, successful plan.

I understand that Meowth needed a way inside the vault to steal all the Pokémon, but why use Ash & co. to do it? If Team Rocket is so smart, shouldn’t they have realized that the twerps always stop their plans? Wouldn’t it be smarter to keep the twerps as far away from Nimbassa as possible and get someone else to take Meowth to the Pokémon Center? Is stealing Pikachu really worth risking all the other really strong Pokémon in the vault? It would be much simpler if Jessie and James wore disguises and paid someone to take Meowth to the Pokémon Center.

Don’t get me wrong, the plan is impressive, I’m just shocked the TRio are a part of it. As I said, involving the Twerps was the only real flaw. The plan is more thought out than the one to capture the genie trio.

The point where Meowth’s betrayal was revealed could have been better, and I still don’t like the Unova motto, but the DP motto music makes up for it. I expect the next episode will show some more character s reacting to the betrayal.

I loved Meowth acting like his old self the past few episodes, so it will be a shame to see it all go away now. At least the TRio’s dialogue wasn’t as stale this episode (the dub has gotten good with making BW TRio not sound boring). Funny how Woobat is the “Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon when all it did was launch an Air Cutter attack. Having Meowth be the “Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon would have made more sense.

Let’s move away from Team Rocket for a moment and talk about something else, like Cilan. Cilan’s love of trains was quite an experience. Not only is he educational, but also really funny. The way he’s so passionate excited about the subway make me wish there was more trains in the series or that Cilan’s love of trains could come up more often in regular episodes. I would have personally preferred Subway Connoisseur to Metro Connoisseur, but the later works jokes about Cilan’s fabulousness, so it is alright.

Finally, it is nice to know that Tracy is still alive. That’s probably the real highlight of the episode. I’m not sure how Tracy could help Ash pick out Pokémon for his gym match or how the Professor knew Nimbassa was his fourth gym battle, so I think those lines could have been translated or localized better.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Lolz, were TPCi that lazy that they kept the Japanese characters?
    You mean those weren't the made up symbols used so the episodes wouldn't be digitally edited for every country? If true that would explain why some symbols looked more Japanese than usual. Otherwise, I don't think TPCi does massive word edits unless the text is Japanese words written with the latin alpabet, like the Route signs in the first DP episode.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Good dub. I don't like the whole speech at the beginning with Cilan talking about trains and subway connoisseurs, but it improved beyond that point. Intense and intelligent episode for Team Rocket.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    Funny how Woobat is the “Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon when all it did was launch an Air Cutter attack. Having Meowth be the “Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon would have made more sense.
    Meowth isn't a Unova pokemon.

Cilan turned into a Selphie Tilmitt expy here.

Wow Meowth betrayed the gang shocking, I can't believe this. "sarcasm off"

Ugh the stupid in this episode is beyond reason, Where to begin, oh I know hey kids are you getting tired of the Connoisseur & the "It's...time!" gag well too bad cause the writer's still think it's funny so they're going to keep shoving it in our face just like Brock, Misty, Max, Crogunk, & Iris.

You know I don't see how you can be so surprised Ash about Meowth betraying you, you only have yourself to blame after all it's not like he's done this before. In fact all the problems Nimbasa is having right now is because your one major idiot Ash, this entire thing could've been prevented if you weren't so full of yourself and took Meowth in thinking he's changed or that you could change him.

As for the heist itself this entire plan hinged on Meowth getting into the center, wouldn't have happened if he got caught or if the gang refused to let him in. And why did we even need Meowth to join the gang in the first place, he could've easily crawled up that duct work and stolen the Pokemon from the center & no one would've been the wiser. It's because TR has some strange fixation on Pikachu is the only reason the writer's even put Meowth with the gang.

This is terrible writing all the way around, they're trying to take TR back to their roots of an evil organization buts it's not going to work the damage has been done TR is & will always be comic relief, I don't even know why they even bother doing this this & the next episode we all know all it's going to end Ash saves the day cause nothing bad ever happens to him & TR will go back to being an obnoxious boring joke cause we can't have a series with out them. It's a shame the writer's are so afraid to even consider trying anything new, Team Plasma has ended up like Porygon never to seen again cause the Japanese are scared of even a little controversy. That's the whole TR is still in Unova cause the writer's can't do anything with TP until those episodes air which is never going to happen
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    hey kids are you getting tired of the Connoisseur & the "It's...time!" gag well too bad cause the writer's still think it's funny so they're going to keep shoving it in our face just like Brock, Misty, Max, Crogunk, & Iris.
    Um you do realize there are people who still really enjoy it, find it entertaining and or/funny, don't you?

Fact: There are people who get sick of running gags and there are people who never tire of them/always enjoy them. So it's not just the writers who think they produce entertainment.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 2nd January 2012 at 5:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Um you do realize there are people who still really enjoy it, find it entertaining and or/funny, don't you?
    Yeah this.

I think the "It's ___Time" moments are what makes Dento adorkable/charming (or whatever you like to call him ) besides, it doesn't happen EVERY episode like it did with Brock/Max/Misty/Croagunk. Dento's Time feels more like part of his character because it deals with his own interests. As for with Brock it only dealt with Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny and some other pretty girl, while that may be an "interest" (lol) there was no variation within it.

Dento's such a fanboy for trains...it's cute it even inspired me to write a fic...writing for Dento in his times is a lot of fun because he's not the same person that he was two seconds ago. xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    Funny how Woobat is the “Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon when all it did was launch an Air Cutter attack. Having Meowth be the “Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon would have made more sense.
    Meowth isn't a Unova pokemon.
    So? Where does it say that the "Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon has to be from Unova? With the exception of this episode and the first episode, the "Who’s That Pokémon?” Pokémon are usually Pokémon important to the episode, and Meowth had a much more important role in this episode than Woobat. Maybe TPCi didn't have anime stock art of Meowth.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

I loved the episode. I know TR will end up losing next episode, but at least they finally did something worthwhile rather than just running in, messing everything up, and then getting blown away. I also loved the fact that Meowth is back in TR, I expected him to be back, but I also had that slight idea in the back of my head that they were going to make Meowth feel bad cause "He's been through a lot with them twerps and he stabbed them in the back" or something, so I was relieved when he really was evil, hope they don't decide to change him back. -_-

"Whether you choose to believe or not, mystic power is and always will be there."
    - Morty

I'm guessing Woobat got to be the Who's that Pokemon because nothing debuted in this episode and it didn't get a WTP in its debut episode (that went to Oshawott) or any episode after that. They could have done Meowth, yeah, but at this point he basically feels closer to a human character than a Pokemon, so it would have been a little odd. Not to mention he's been around for so long, there's not much point in quizzing the audience on who he is.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    they're going to keep shoving it in our face just like Brock, Misty, Max, Crogunk, & Iris.
    Umm, none of those people were shoved in our faces, except Croagunk.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast