Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crisis From The Underground Up! (708)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Um you do realize there are people who still really enjoy it, find it entertaining and or/funny, don't you?

Fact: There are people who get sick of running gags and there are people who never tire of them/always enjoy them. So it's not just the writers who think they produce entertainment.
    The people who are getting tired of them are people who have been watching the show for a while like me. Most of the gags are a little too over done sometimes. Cilan is still cool without the pun.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The people who are getting tired of them are people who have been watching the show for a while like me. Most of the gags are a little too over done sometimes. Cilan is still cool without the pun.
    I've been watching since the beginning and I'm still not tired of Cilan's "it's whatevering time!" yet. And it's not like it's the same thing every time they use it like with Brock's schtick. Cilan babbling about subway trains is pretty different from him trying to disprove the existence of UFOs, and so on.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

While I'm not surprised that Meowth rejoined Team Rocket (He was with the twerps a bit longer than expected) I gotta admit that Team Rocket is doing something really badass for once! It's kinda nice to see one of there plans (initially) work for a change.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I enjoyed the dub as much as the Japanese version.

I liked Meowth's evil laugh, I thought it sounded awesome.

I thought it was funny that Woobat was the "Who's that Pokemon?", but I find it understandable. Still, it felt pretty random haha.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    not necessarily. I've been watching the show since the beginning and I still love the running gags. I would say personality type has a stronger correlation with approval of running gags than time spent watching the show does.
    So that's what kids call it these days...

Is there anything Cilan isn't a connoisseur of?

Pokemon, food, trains.

Lol. Looks like he's even a connoisseur connoisseur.

Holy crap! Meowth is still working with Team Rocket. Can't believe I didn't see that coming.

And Ash calls Oak instead of Juniper. That's a switch.

Wait. Didn't they do Woobat for Who's that Pokemon already? I know there's no new pokemon this time, but still....

All in all, that was a pretty good episode.

Awesome episode! Cool to hear Tracey's name! Although I wonder if kids that are new to Pokemon know who Tracey is....

great episode today much better then watching it on the net :P
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by starshapes View Post
    not necessarily. I've been watching the show since the beginning and I still love the running gags. I would say personality type has a stronger correlation with approval of running gags than time spent watching the show does.
    Cilan is already so damn interesting without the gag. But atleast his serious about his Connoisseur goal.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    Awesome episode! Cool to hear Tracey's name! Although I wonder if kids that are new to Pokemon know who Tracey is....
    Heh, I wondered the same thing. It was nice of them to cater to long-term fans for a moment, though.

And the main reason I found this episode interesting is that Team Rocket really planned this ahead. I liked the whole Meowth arc: it was a unique twist for the show. (I know he's temporarily left Team Rocket many times before, but the fact that they carried it out for a while made it pretty interesting.) And it was smart of them to target the Pokemon Center for the Battle Subway.

Cilan's cool, I dig the connoisseur stuff--nice and funny, gives him loads of personality. But Ash, how the heck could you not know what "mass-produced" means? Oh, wait, it's for the same reason you're gonna forget Emolga can fly: never mind! And I guess no one found it suspicious how Meowth "had something to do." Umm, yeah.

Anyway, this was an interesting episode with a good sense of humor: really sets the stage for the next episode well. Nice cliffhanger, and I liked the art right at the end.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Every time Cilan said that he's a metro connoisseur, I was waiting for him to reveal his metrosexuality.

I agree that it was nice to hear Tracey's name, even though he wasn't seen on screen. I just knew the phone would cut off right as he was about to appear. D:

The use of "The Legendary Three" track was quite appealing. I can never get enough of that.

I really enjoyed this episode. Today is the first time I saw the entire episode actually. But yeah, first I want to address a few things.

A person on here was shocked that the TRio came up with this plan but then probably stated it was Dr.Zager who did all the planning. It was clearly Dr.Zager that came up with all the planning for this episode. The idea to use decoy trains, cut off communications in the Pokemon Center, distract the police with the drawbridge, using the Ghost Train, etc. HAD to have been Dr.Zager's idea. I mean think about it. If the TRio really did come up with this complex and genuis plan, then why haven't they done it before?! I know TRio is now more competent than ever before and that's awesome but as for as the planning goes, I'm pretty sure Dr.Zager is doing all the planning. The TRio are doing a great job this season. Meowth was able to trick Ash and friends. Jessie and James did great with their task. But this whole plan and every plan TR has done since those episodes got postponed were Dr.Zager's plans. He is the brains of Team Rocket.

About the running gags now, I honestly love most of them in Pokemon. I think a lot of them work. Now I am not a huge Cilan fan and I like Brock way more but I have no problem with running gags. I never got tired TR mottos, blasting off again, Brock flirting with girls, Charizard using his Flame Thrower on Ash all the time, Ash and the gang falling for TR's tricks, Ash have no clue what's going on when someone falls in love with someone, etc. There are a lot of good running gags that work in my opinion.

Meowth going back with TR. I mean I think this was expected. He wasn't going to leave Jessie and James forever. But I really enjoyed the Meowth arc. We got to see him travel with Ash which was a great idea. And even though he was lying about being fired from TR, I truly believe a lot of the things Meowth did in the episodes he was with Ash were really Meowth. He really did fall in love with Purrloin, he really did not want to wake up from his nap, he really did mean everything he said in his friendship speech at the end of Meowth's Scrafty Tactics. Yes, he did lie to Ash about getting fired and yes, he really was with TR the whole time but the great moments that I mentioned with Meowth were honestly how Meowth was feeling and Meowth wasn't putting on an act with those moments. The only time he was acting was when he pretended he was really fired from TR and when he said he will never backstab Ash and friends and travel with them forever. The rest you could tell Meowth was being honest about. It was really great arc.

Of course, TR's plan was going to fail. But the difference now is they are actually competent and now that they have Dr.Zager with them coming up with great plans, they really are awesome villains. I mean look at Darth Vader, Voldemort, the Disney villains, etc. There are a lot great villains out there but just because they get defeated doesn't take away from how great of villains they are. We should exect TR to lose. That doesn't take away from the fact that they are great villains who are competent this season. Enjoy the episode and enjoy TRio as actual villains now who work with Dr.Zager who makes these awesome plans. If you are going to think less of TR or any villains of any episodes with villains because they lose in the end, that's silly because obviously Ash will save the world when another villain comes to take over the Pokemon world.

I actually had a nightmare from watching this episode.

Seeing Meowth turn on everyone like that really spooked me out...o____O;

He's seriously gotten eviler.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Yeah, I knew Meowth's arc with the twerps was a scam all along, so the episode was no surprise, but I still enjoyed it. I'm just amazed Meowth kept it up for so long, but at least we got a couple of really good episodes out of it. I also loved Cilan going gaga over the trains, it was hilarious.

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I Loved this episode! Cilan's obsession with Metro was funny and Ash and Iris's reaction to Cilan's obsession was priceless!
    I'm not surprised that Meowth rejoined Team Rocket again, I knew that was gonna happen sooner or later.
    I have to admit that Team Rocket and Dr. Zager's plan was really good, and it worked this time. I think It was a great change from the previous sagas .. Where their plans got backfired every time.
    I liked the cliffhanger at the end of this episode, it was suspenseful in my opinion.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345