Thread: 3rd gen Friendly Battle RMT

Default 3rd gen Friendly Battle RMT

*I posted this in FireRed In-Game RMT and I know that we can't have simultaneous RMTs but as a matter of fact, this is NOT a team to beat the Elite 4 or Trainer Tower but a semi-competitive Team so I thought I'd have some feedback here... so I'd like a mod to close my other thread and let me keep this one please*

Well... As I posted in a previous thread, I'm going to make a contest with a friend in which I can only use pokemon and items that are available in FireRed and we can't use Ubers, in my particular case, Mewtwo. It's tough to survive without the "pinch berries" but I think I'll manage it.

Well... here it is, my FireRed team v2.0:

Spoiler:- Team Building:

Now... In-depth look on my team:

Charizard @ Lum Berry
    Blaze; Naughty (+Atk, -SpD); 252 Atk, 120 SpA, 136 Spe
    Belly Drum
    Double-Edge
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake

Of course he needs some support in order to sweep, specially some scouting and Brick Break, but without Salac Berry, he NEEDS TWave support... Otherwise, it's Drum to lure a bulky water which is OHKOd by Double-Edge and the recoil activates Blaze and from there on it's straightforward sweeping with EQ and FB.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Volt Absorb; Timid (+Spe, -Atk); 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Substitute
    Baton Pass

It's my Special Sweeper and Zard partner... the main objective of Jolteon is to help Zard though... and also scout, he'll only sweep if I need to. It's simple, switch into a Water type he would OHKO, get a free Sub and lure an EQ. He passes the Sub to Zard which is immune to the incoming EQ and proceeds to set up and sweep.

Dragonite @ King's Rock
    Inner Focus; Lonely (+Atk, -Def); 52 HP, 204 Atk, 68 SpA, 184 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break
    Thunder

This guy is here to help Zard set-up by removing Dual Screens but he's also my backup sweeper. After a couple DDs he should be able to take on almost anything with Ace-Break's perfect coverage. Thunder is there for paralysis support mainly but also to take on Water-types carrying Ice Beam.

Skarmory @ Chesto Berry
    Keen Eye; Impish (+Def, -SpA); 252 HP, 60 Atk, 184 Def, 12 Spe
    Drill Peck
    Roar
    Spikes
    Rest

One half of the Skarm-Bliss combo... switch into almost anything, set Spikes, Roar and scout. When HP gets low, Chesto-Rest and proceed.

Blissey @ Nevermelt Ice
    Natural Cure; Bold (+Def, -Atk); 204 HP, 252 Def, 52 SpA
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled
    Thunder Wave
    Seismic Toss

Well... Kind of... the other half of the combo :-D Switch into anything but Focus Punch, TWave what's needed and even sweep Dragons with a pseudo-STABed Ice Beam.

Quagsire @ Sitrus Berry
    Water Absorb, Relaxed (+Def, -Spe); 252 HP, 68 Atk, 100 Def, 88 SpD
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Counter
    Haze

The surfer I needed... he'll be mostly defensive, attempting to Counter physical sweepers and OHKO them since he can take basically any +1 attack or Haze boosts away from special sweepers. But he can perfectly go offensive with STABed EQ and Surf.

Well... that's about it.
    There's a high chance I'm missing something and that's why I posted it for evaluation. The team is still on paper so feel free to suggest ANYTHING you want to and that doesn't defeat the team purpose.

Also, I've got a really important quation:
    Who do you think that should be my lead pokemon?

Thanks for your attention...

thunder on a dragonite with dragon dance?
    earthquake could be a little more helpful
    i would say jolteon should be your lead

ss fc: 0948 2714 3348 GMT-7

|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QG-X...eature=related|
    -----------------------------------^whiscash win^-----------------------------------
    I have officially claimed Kingdra!

Thunder is there just for coverage, in case he is forced to face a Water-type carrying Ice Beam that has a SpA decent enough to OHKO him... And since he has no means to boost its SpA, I chose Thunder over TBolt. But I know that DD only boosts Atk, Thunder is just for coverage and Paralysis support to Zard.

Hmm... And what do you think that Jolteon should attempt to do as leading pokemon? Set Sub and pass right away?

not exactly
    jolteon can learn agility so you set up a sub and then use agility and then baton pass to whatever pokemon you want with a speed boost

-----------------------------------^whiscash win^-----------------------------------

So you think my Jolteon would be better with Agility than with Hidden Power? You think he'll be fine with just 1 attacking move?

well then what is the point of jolteon if it can only baton pass a sub that can break if the opposing pokemon attacks after baton passing?
    jolteon is frail (65 base hp, 60 base defense) and many moves can take it down. a STABed physical move would pose as a danger, not just earthquake
    Last edited by qwerty1111; 18th September 2011 at 4:52 AM.

The Sub-Passing strategy would work better if Jolteon were to enter and not leading... it would be him coming in to a Water-type he would OHKO, frighten it out, lure an EQ and set a Sub, then pass the Sub, so Zard can freely set up thanks to his immunity to the incoming EQ. But if Jolteon leads, then I'd have to go with Agility yes.

You think Jolteon is the only capable of leading? I mean, I like the Agility strategy, but let's assume I know my opp's team and Jolteon better not be leading... Who should lead then?

skarmory then
    you could set up the entry hazards immediately

^Sitozoria: The point being?

I got a Charizard perfectly EVd that has the following IVs: 17 Atk, 20 SpA, 31 Spe. Are those IVs ok or should I keep breeding for better ones? And by ok I mean: would a competitive player play with a Charizard like that? I mean, it's almost impossible to have a 31/31/31 so are those IVs good or just meh?
    Last edited by Johny Cid; 25th September 2011 at 5:59 PM.

yeah those ivs are usable

I agree on giving the jolteon agility. As you don't have max speed evs and no speed nature, a gengar will easily set up on you and kill you with t-bolt before you can use FB.
    Is a Jesus Freak and proud of it

Yes, I guess... I mean, he needs to lure an EQ because if Gengar comes into a FB he's dead. But yes, I'll give Jolteon Agility, just in case, and leave TBolt as it's only attacking move.

I'm still breeding for some team members but I have a question before I spend my TMs: Do you think this team can work? Does it lack Wish support or Rapid Spin or even Dual Screens? If yes, what would you suggest?