Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which Pokémon is the most original?

Default which Pokémon is the most original?

according to you and why?
    looking for ppl to create quizzes! PM if interested!
    http://www.pokemonquiz.com/
    http://www.game-quiz.com/

Samurott's design looks very original. Its a combination of a sea lion,otter,and a samurai with a mustache. That screams original to me :]

Umm, Stunfisk, Magikarp, Pachirisu, Pikachu of course, Meowth, Zoroark, etc.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Grumpig. It is based on a biblical phrase, and that is quite original. A note goes to the relation between Magikarp-Gyarados and Feebas-Milotic, which is quite original as well.

Uhh...hmm... Golurk. It's not like any other Pokemon.
    I'm tired.

There is no real answer for this as all the pokemon are original.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    There is no real answer for this as all the pokemon are original.
    Except for Ponyta. Its literally just a horse on fire..

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules View Post
    Except for Ponyta. Its literally just a horse on fire..
    And Trapinch which is just Scizor's pincers\claws cut off from its arms.

Most Pokemon are original specially the one from earlier generations. The later generation just drew some inspirations from them. Or maybe its just coincidence.

Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite.
    It's original. They are the first dragons.

I think the Klink line has a pretty original concept, and I don't know why everyone trashes it in the competitive field, Shift Gear is an awesome move.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Actually, Originality is determined in different ways... Most Unova Pokemon, in one way, would be deemed "Spin-off-ish" of the other Pokemon. In another case, all Pokemon are original. I'll go with the third option, for what they are based off of and how close they can get while making it seem like "Oh wow I didn't know that" when you make, or find, the connection.

For me, there's a few. Grumpig was said, and I honestly had no idea about that, so awesome. Conkel/Gurd-urr are based off of Construction workers, Carnies, and a couple other things, which is pretty cool, because at first glance they just look like Machamp-line replacements. I also like Tyranitar, because everytime someone says "GOJIRA" I think of a Tyranitar using Dark Pulse. Others of which I won't talk about are Bonsly&Sudowoodo, Mew, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Eeveelutions, Palkia and Dialga, etc.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Pachirisu, Pikachu
    Quote Originally Posted by Atratus View Post
    A note goes to the relation between Magikarp-Gyarados and Feebas-Milotic, which is quite original as well.
    It's hard to agree that they're original when there are more than one Pokemon with those features.

Pikachu>Plusle>Minun>Pacharisu>Emolga

Magikarp/Gyarados>Feebas/Milotic. Though I do think the idea is original for these two.

I think I'll say the Trapinch>Vibrava>Flygon line. Flygon is based on an ant lion, an insect closely resembling the dragonfly. They're known as "desert dragons" which is how Flygon got it's unique typing (yes I know Chomp has it too). But I think the designs, typing, and differences between all three evolutions is unique and original.

erm pikachu's really original (not really its a rat with electricity) xd
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSplash View Post
    It's hard to agree that they're original
    I think I'll say the Trapinch>Vibrava>Flygon line. Flygon is based on an ant lion, an insect closely resembling the dragonfly. They're known as "desert dragons" which is how Flygon got it's unique typing (yes I know Chomp has it too). But I think the designs, typing, and differences between all three evolutions is unique and original.
    To be nitpicky, Trapinch is based off of an Ant Lion, Vibrava is based off of a Dragonfly and Flygon is based off of Dragonflies and Dragons, simply put. ALTHOUGH, I will agree that they are unique, original, and pretty darn cool Pokemon.

I have to say Shedinja. It has a unique evolution method, a unique HP stat and a unique ability.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    I have to say Shedinja. It has a unique evolution method, a unique HP stat and a unique ability.
    Not to mention it's based on the shed exoskeleton of a cicada. That's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    To be nitpicky, Trapinch is based off of an Ant Lion, Vibrava is based off of a Dragonfly and Flygon is based off of Dragonflies and Dragons, simply put. ALTHOUGH, I will agree that they are unique, original, and pretty darn cool Pokemon.
    Vibrava isn't unique if it based on a dragonfly. Yanma is also based on a dragonfly. IN truth, Vibrava is based on a mature ant lion.

I think a few more are Jirachi (based on Japanese festival), Bronzor, and Vileplume.

The Bulbanews origin articles are a great way to learn about how Pokemon came to be.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

It's hard to agree that they're original when there are more than one Pokemon with those features.

Pikachu>Plusle>Minun>Pacharisu>Emolga

Magikarp/Gyarados>Feebas/Milotic. Though I do think the idea is original for these two.

I meant the two evolutionary lines separately. A weak fish that evolves into a destructive sea dragon, and an "ugly" (I personally think it's adorable) fish that evolves into a beautiful creature. These are conceptual evolution with an idea behind them, not just "stash an element on them and make them bigger and more fierce".

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Do you know what an ant lion is? It looks almost identical to a dragonfly. Trapinch looks neither like an ant lion nor a dragonfly, unless you have an image to show me of one that looks like it.

You can look it up, Flygon itself is based on an ant lion.

Do you know what an ant lion is? It looks almost identical to a dragonfly. Trapinch looks neither like an ant lion nor a dragonfly, unless you have an image to show me of one that looks like it.
    Trapinch is the larva stage of an antlion. They look different compared to their adult stages.

I enjoyed Venusaur's originality its supposed to just be a plant but they made it so unique

The Gothita line are based on Gothic Lolita, a well-known fashion in Japanese culture.

Plusle and Minun are based on the Plus Minus concept.

Chimchar's in-game cry is based on a Spider Monkey.

original...let's see...the klink line is definitely unique and an novel concept...the magnemite line of course, the vanillite line (sure it might be weird but has anyone else thought of making a being that resembles an ice cream cone when it's actually icicles covered in snow?), the unova monkeys are pretty good, chandelure is original, and so is mewtwo...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

You can look it up, Flygon itself is based on an ant lion.
    Okay, considering that everyone agrees with you, I was wrong o_o I could have sworn it was that little thing in the middle of the sand pit, though.

But uh... So to change the subject from my stumble...

Ferroseed and Ferrothorn. Durian/Pinecone/Everything Else that's freaky, and they made it like a boss for competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules View Post
    Trapinch is the larva stage of an antlion. They look different compared to their adult stages.
    OMG that thing is so cute. That's awesome. :3 Okay, you win. But I thought you were trying to say it was a full grown ant lion, which was just like .. o_o Lol.

Here are some creative and unique concepts imo. I find, ironically, that the original 151 had no originality at all. It's mostly the newer gens.
    Garchomp - Land Shark
    Chandelure - ghost chandelier
    Metagross - a supercomputer with 4 brains
    Mawile - it has a giant mouth in the back of its hair
    Porygon-Z - its like a experiment gone horribly wrong.
    Shedinja - Unique typing, Unique evolution method, plus its just weird in so many ways.
    Last edited by Annihilator; 18th September 2011 at 9:06 PM.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2hyi2qr.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/9fwuj6.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Claims:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast