Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's YOUR favorite/least favorite generation?

Hybrid View

Default What's YOUR favorite/least favorite generation?

Just came from /vp/, and there was a thread discussing generations. I liked it, and thought I might bring it here.

My personal opinions:

#1: Generation 2 was definitely my favorite. Mostly because it was the first time we ever got new Pokemon, it was really a wonder to see all these never before seen mons. Original Silver player, and Soul Silver/Heart Gold are just chock full of content, just awesome.

#2: Generation 1 was second, if only for nostalgic purposes. I was a Yellow player back in the day, and the Fire Red and Leaf Green remakes were amazing.

#3: Generation 5 was third. Never before have so many new Pokemon been unleashed, and not a SINGLE ONE is related to any old Pokemon. White/Black are extremely polished, beautiful looking, are also chock full of content, and for the first time are in a far away place. Also new training, breeding, and the dream world, all awesome. White player, by the way.

#4: Generation 3 is fourth. While many, if not all, of my favorite Pokemon (Such as Latias and Flygon) are from this generation, I can't help but put it lower on the list. Most of the Pokemon I seem to forget by just hearing their names are from Generation 3, not sure why that is. It seemed short, not a lot of content, and too much surfing! That said, I still loved it. Sapphire player, this generation.

#5: Generation 4 is definitely my least favorite. The games are nice and polished, but they're supposed to be about the Pokemon! While there was about 100-ish new Pokemon (Lowest ever, as far as I know), half, if not MORE were just baby's or evolutions of previous generation mons. This was an absolute letdown, and to be honest this region was definitely the most boring. It did give me Glaceon, though, I can thank it for that. Originally a Diamond player this generation.

Well? What are your thoughts? Every generation has their strengths and improvements, and weaknesses and seemingly useless or poor content. Where do the generations stand in your eyes?

most favorite generation 3rd
    Least favorite generation 4th
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Haha same here. =)

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    This is basically mine. I love Hoenn and FR/LG but dislike Sinnoh and they did bring in some good Pokemon but they were just evo's or pre-evo's.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

My favorite is generation 1, the original. ^_^

Least favorite is 5th, I just didn't like it that much...I guess the designs were a bit weird to me.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/r2uyd0.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to Mew_!

favourite gen is 5th
    least favourite gen is a tie between 1st and 2nd

Favorite Gen: Gen II
    Least Favorite: Gen III

Though I'm starting to really love Gen V.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    #5: Generation 4 is definitely my least favorite. The games are nice and polished, but they're supposed to be about the Pokemon! While there was about 100-ish new Pokemon (Lowest ever, as far as I know), half, if not MORE were just baby's or evolutions of previous generation mons.
    Ironically, Johto is actually the region which introduced the least new pokemon.

As for me, my favorite generation is three. Obviously, it's the one I grew up with and it introduced the best pokemon in my opinion. I can't really choose a least favorite, because the rest are all pretty good. Although, if I HAD to choose a least favorite, then I'd say gen four because of the ugly pokemon (skuntank, carnivine, bibarel... you get my drift)

^ Click this for good times ^

My fave Generation is gen 3 because it has the most unique Pokemon, like Shedinja, Castform and Deoxys.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Favorite gen: 3

Least favorite: 4
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Favorite is probably 3rd. I dunno, the games seem to be gaining some kind of maturity, being less childish.

Least is 2nd. It just seems kinda like a repeat of the first.

We probably have this thread in polls too.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

1. Generation V. BW. Amazing games, a half decent plot, wonderful music, they just gave the players what they wanted this gen. The Pokemon designs were new and creative (compared to older designs, they stand out more in my mind).
    2.Generation II. GSC/HGSS. Okay, I admit it, the scenery was rather bland in these games, but it featured two regions, which is pretty cool. I liked the Pokemon designs overall, the music was nice etc
    3. Generation IV. DPPt. Every hates on these games, but they really aren't that bad. There is a lot to do in them, and they are quite fun. I might even go as far as suggesting that the underground was more enjoyable than the secret bases for me, since I actually had friends to play with. The Wi-Fi feature was a HUGE selling point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSkitty View Post
    1. Generation V. BW. Amazing games, a half decent plot, wonderful music, they just gave the players what they wanted this gen. The Pokemon designs were new and creative (compared to older designs, they stand out more in my mind).
    I agree with you, Generation V (Unova) was the coolest, especially the graphics and characters and I'm loving some of the Pokemon already. In addition to that, I'm getting Black for my 19th birthday next month which is 2 weeks away from now.

Once I play it, I'll tell you more.

And the reason I love Generation V most of all is one certain Pokemon introduced that has had its cuteness win me over.

Spoiler:- My fave Generation V Pokemon:

GENERATION 1 WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST

But I gotta say, Generation 5 was pretty damn close.

Least favorite: generation 3.

Favorite: Johto was nice cos it was the first time where I was able to play as a girl.
    Least favorite: Hoenn cos it had shitty graphics and pokemon designs.

My favourite is generation III. I don't have a least favorite, but last on my list woul be generation IIII, because it really disappointed me.
    Since I was off for so long, I feel it is only right to start anew. My name is pokemon player, and I am very happy to meet you.

Credit to lifeburst for the banner, check him out!

I loved the amount of content in 3rd gen. I'd say it has the most you can actually do, minus Wi-Fi capabilities. My vote goes to generation 3.

4th gen is my favourite, 5th gen hastnt done it for me in the same way, the map, theme of the games and a ton of some of my favourite pokemon make 4th gen the best for me, behind that I'd say 3rd gen which was also great and where I started

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

My fav Is gen 5

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Click for Pokes/Services/Items/Jobs
    FC: 1893 2713 9522
    Time Zone:GMT-7
    Trade Times:10:00 pm-4:00 am GMT-7
    Favorite Pokemon:

For me it's:

1.) Generation II
    2.) Generation I
    3.) Generation V
    4.) Generation IV
    5.) Generation III

Gen. II was when they mastered it IMO. It added lots of new features which have since become staples of the games and expanded while still tying back into the original.
    Pokedex 100% complete!

Gen V is my favorite. The generation feels so new and fresh compared to the others. So many awesome creative,hilarious pokemon designs. Like Samurott,Oshawott,Haxorus,Stunfisk,Zekrom,Scrafty etc. The generation has introduced allot of unused concepts and animals fans has been wishing for years. As a kid during gen 3, I wished for an ant,zebra,polar bear,candle,and a leopard as a pokemon. When gen 5 came, they granted all those wishes. :>

My least fav is gen IV. Most of the designs were horrible. I didn't like most of the evos and pre evos of older pokemon. The contest's were harder than RS's. Slow surf speed.

1. My favourite is Gen 4(unlike everyone else) because of HGSS. I felt that it was(and still is) the most polished and detailed games in the entire series. DPPt was alright, but not as great.

2. My second is Gen 3, because of the new Kanto adventure in FRLG. I didn't like RSE, though.

3. I liked Gen 2, although I've never played it before. But from what I hear, it's a great Gen and I think it deserves to be on my list.

4. I have to put Gen 5 towards the bottom because tbh, I didn't like the Pokemon designs (and still don't).

5. Last is Gen 1. Being a somewhat new player and all, I've never played RBY, so I don't get nostalgia or anything, which gives me no reason to adore it, even if it is the very first Pokemon games.

Favorite
    Tied between 2nd and 4th

Middle in order
    5th
    1st

Least Favorite
    3rd

Also, I've been playing since this hit America
    Check out mah Tumblr (Some things are not pokemon, and that is okay.):
    http://terminate421.tumblr.com/

BAM! FC: 2578-4413-1699

Fifth generation is definitely my favorite. Black and White are just amazing, before I got them, I would never have imagined that they would be as good as they are. There is alot of things to do in the games, enough for 400+ hours of gameplay (in each game, if you get both), and the fact that they are just the start of the fifth generation does only make the future look good.

Fourth generation takes the second place. Diamond, Pearl and Platinum were amazing games, the perfect games to continue with after playing Emerald. They did also have alot of things to do, enough to keep me hooked for a gameplay time of 1000 hours in total, but even then, I am not finished with them yet. HG/SS on the other hand were not that good, but the awesomeness of D/P/P are more than enough to make the generation as a whole really fantastic.

Third place goes to... third generation. I really liked all the new stuff that were added in Ruby and Sapphire, it took the series to a new level. FR/LG were also excellent remakes of the original first generation, improving with all the new things that R/S added and fixed most, if not all, of the flaws that the originals had. But the real star of this generation is Emerald. The Battle Frontier, and even more awesome additions, made this game amazing.

Fourth place goes to first generation. Today, I would probably not be able to enjoy these games at all if I were to play them. But back then, I found them really great. Spending alot of time on things that would turn out to be better in the future generations... But back then, it was still good.

Fifth and final place goes to second generation. These games just plain suck. They did not improve over first generation as much as they could have done, and the fact that they had two regions meant that these would have less content. Kanto was ruined, and would not be back in its former glory until FR/LG. Johto was not a good region, and has never been either. It lacks all the important and interesting things that the other regions have.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast