- Venoshock
    - Teeter Dance
    - Protect
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtt / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Since Bellossom is very very slow: 50 base Speed! Chlorophyll is your best option in this set! (or any other offensive set)... Use Toxic on your opp. and Protect... the usual stuff. Then you can either use STAB double powered (cause of toxic: 130 base power) Venoshock or you can Teeter Dance to confuse your opp

Partners

SUN TEAMS! Ninetales/Vulpix... any thing to set the sun!
    Last edited by ilucado; 18th September 2011 at 2:30 PM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Demon Fox Trainer
    ~ignis~
    I claim DW "Under-The-Sun" Ninetails

Sunny Day Sweeper

- Solar Beam
    - Teeter Dance/Sunny Day/Toxic
    - Leaf Storm/Petal Dance
    -Venoshock/Sludge Bomb
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtt / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Works best with Sunny Day Teams (Ninetales. ect). Solar Beam is the generic sunny day move. If you do not have something to set it up beforehand, sunny day is an obvious move choice, but if it is already set up, teeter dance and toxic are both useful (the latter especially if you plan to use venoshock). Next, you can choose between Leaf Storm and Petal Dance for a back up if you canm't use solar beam, and venoshock or sludge bomb is up to you depending on whether you're running toxic or not.

Below is my party. If you are wondering how it works, please mail me.

~~~~~

Quote of the Week:

"A flipped coin doesn't always land head or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

Triples Supporter

Bellossom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Healer
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 172 HP/84 Def/252 SpD
    - Nature Power (EQ)
    - Teeter Dance
    - Lucky Chant
    - Giga Drain

Healer has a 30% chance to heal ally's status at the end of the turn.
    Lucky Chant prevents crits in your field, Teeter Dance confuses, and Giga Drain heals.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Under the Moonlight

Bellossom @ Leftovers/Zoom Lens
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 172 HP/168 Def/168 SAtt
    - Sleep Powder
    - Moonlight
    - Charm/Tickle
    - Grass Knot

Main goal of this set is to cripple your opponent: Charm (harshly reduces Att) or Tickle (reduces Att and Def). Put it to sleep then heal your self if needed then "Cripple Time". Last slot is to prevent Taunt bait: Grass Knot is the best option to this set!

Partners
    Something like Shandera or a Shadow Tag/ Mean Look user.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Demon Fox Trainer
    ~ignis~
    I claim DW "Under-The-Sun" Ninetails

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post
    Triples Supporter

Bellossom @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 172 HP/84 Def/252 SpD
    - Nature Power (EQ)
    - Teeter Dance
    - Lucky Chant
    - Giga Drain

Lucky Chant prevents crits in your field, Teeter Dance confuses, and Giga Drain heals.
    That's actually pretty good, gimmicky, but good.

Haven't done a POTW un a while, but here I am!
    Anyway, Bellossom is ine if those pokemon with nice stats, but terrible movepools. Im going to try an offensive set, but Bellossom is mostly support.

Sunny Bellosson Strike, ACTIVATE!
    - Solarbeam
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Moonlight
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs and Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    4 Hp / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    Offensive Bellossom sets only work in the sun. That's why Solarbeam is there. Same with Moonlight. Sludge Bomb is there for other Grass type, and HP [Rock] covers all of Bellossom's weaknesses.

Support Stall
    - Hidden Power [Rock] / Giga Drain
    - Sleep Powder
    - Safeguard
    - Lucky Chant
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Healer
    EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 Hp / 156 Def / 100 Sp. Def
    Support Stall set, obviously. HP and Giga Drain are in case of Taunt. Sleep Powder to make the opponent fall asleep. Safeguard prevents status on your team, and Lucky Chant for no crits. EVs for optimum Defensive capabilities.

Double and Triple Options
    I saw a set earlier for Triple battle support, so yes, it is plausible.

Partners
    For offensive sets, you want Ninetails or Vulpix for Drought. Ferrothorn also walls most of Bellossom's weaknesses, except for Fire.

Countering
    Just about any Fire type you can think of will outspeed and destroy Bellossom. Ferrothorn also walls Bellossom. As do most Poison types.
    Bellossom is mostly known as a support pokemon, but it can be seen as offensive on rare occasions (or from new trainers who dont know there's more to battling than just attacking)

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Sweeping Set:

Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Life Orb/Choice Specs

Solarbeam
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power (Rock)
    Uproar

This is a sweeping set for Bellossom. Use it on a Sun team for maximum optimality, since Chlorophyll doubles out your speed and Solarbeam won't take two turns to charge. Solarbeam for STAB, Sludge Bomb since it is a powerful move, as well as useful for getting rid of Pokemon like Ludicolo and Breloom. Hidden Power Rock to get rid of annoying Fire and Flying types that come your way. The last slot was hard to fill in, since Bellossom has a poor movepool. Uproar is your best bet, since it won't matter much if you have a Choice Specs/Scarf on, and prevents sleep, which is good if your opponent uses Sleep inducing moves, but not good on you if vice versa.

Abilities
    Chlorophyll - Doubles your Base 50 Speed. Think about how useful it is for Exeggutor's Base 55 Speed: Rather useless in Doubles/Triples unless you need the offense...
    Healer - On second thought, Chlorophyll is the way to go outside of Doubles/Triples...having the same chance of curing statuses as inflicting statuses with certain added-effect Moves is a good idea, but I wish it were a tad more like Aromatherapy or Heal Bell with reserves...

Stats
    You could go either way on offense, but slightly moreso on Specials. Defense lags a bit behind Sp.Def and Speed...well, you still have your offenses and defenses. Mediocre HP is something we've seen often lately (Scyther, Scizor, the 7 Eevee-lutions, Galvantula, etc.).

Movepool
    Slim to none on Attack-Move Type-coverage, outside of Hidden Power, but decent on Status-Move variety. Great ways to support are the usual way to go...

Likely Hidden Power Options
    -Ferrothorn dreads Fire with Chlorophyll sets, but you also risk getting a double-strength Fire Move to the face in the Sun. Ice, Steel, and Grass Types will really hate HP (Fire)...
    -Rock gives coverage to where you may hurt most - against Flying, Ice, and/or Fire Types. Stealth Rock can help chip off their HP, so you have some help getting Bellossom in...
    -Ice can pierce many Grass-resistant opponents - neutral to Ferrothorn and Super VS most Grass, Dragon, and/or Flying Types. You also have a better option in the Rain using Ice over Fire...
    -Ground does a similar job to Rock, except for Steel, Poison, and Electric Types over Ice and Flying...

Mixed attacker - Trick Room Doubles/Triples version
    Stats: Relaxed - Either 128 or 252 EVs towards both attack stats and the rest to both defenses (gave 128 to attacks) or Defense (gave 252 to attacks)
    Item: Iron Ball
    Moves: Leaf Blade, Hidden Power (Rock/Ground), Venoshock/Sludge Bomb, Facade

Leaf Blade for STAB. Venoshock with a poisoner ally (Poison Hand Ability, Toxic, etc.) or Sludge Bomb without. HP (Rock or Ground) for Fire Types and Bug Types or Fire Types and Steel Types (respectively). Facade for use with your allies' Thunder Wave.

As usual, Trick Room and go all out in Doubles/Triples. Your offenses and defenses are great while your Speed gives a natural Trick Room advantage.

Funny, I'm planning on evolving my Oddish on Emerald into this... Name's Friendweed.

Anyways, Bellossom is one of those "What is this?" Pokemon that has wierd stats for something so miniscule, and the stats aren't so good anyway. In OU it has little chance to shine too, but there's a couple sets that it can pull off either in or out.

Notes: Always use Chlorophyll. doubling 50 Base speed in sunlight is pretty stupid, but it brings it on-par with some other Pokemon. Plus, Bellossom is probably the only Pokemon I remember off the bat to be able to use Weather moves pretty easily now. So yeah.

SweepySunnyBeamer
    Bellossom
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Hidden Power(Rock/Fire)
    -Leaf Storm/Grass Knot

Your basic Sweepy. I'll post the other few viable sets after Church, so I'll just leave it as this right now.

(Did I just say viable? Ahaha.)

EDIT: Alright, back on computer now and gonna post these next few.

Double Powder
    Bellossom
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spd
    -Sleep Powder
    -Stun Spore
    -Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Rock)

Double Powder. In case you don't know, Double Powder is the strategy with two statuses. One is Sleep, which tends to cause switches, and the other is Paralysis, for major Hax and support. Just explained Sleep Powder and Stun Spore, too. Giga Drain is reliable healing and STAB, while Hidden Power Rock or Fire is your preffered, but keep in mind Fire and Dragon-types will get in your way if youi choose Fire, and Steels will get in your way if you choose Rock. HPGround is an alternative, but with Air Balloon popping up everywhere(No pun intended), you'd need to use it sparingly, at least at first. Oh, and you'd want to Status them, anyway.

SPECIFIC NOTE: I feel like Bellossom could get underestimated, they send in Exca, and you Sleep as they set up. That would be awesome, and they lost one of their more powerful sweepers... Mhmhmhm...

BulkySunnyBeamer
    Bellossom
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SAtk
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Giga Drain/Hidden Power (Fire/Rock)
    -Moonlight

This is a variant that you might see, not sure. The goal here is not to sweep, more to punch holes and support. Tank-like. Funny, never thought some flower would be talked about like I am. Sunny Day is for Sunlight, as it's MUCH easier to use it as they change the weather. Solarbeam their TTar or Politoed, it'd be so funny. Or you could use HPFire or Rock, again. Moonlight is another form of recovery, so Giga Drain could be dropped for something else, like.... Grass Knot? I don't know.

Physical Flower
    Bellossom
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant/Lonely
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd OR 252 Atk, 4 SAtk, 252 Spd
    -Swords Dance/Return/Leaf Storm
    -Seed Bomb
    -Drain Punch
    -Nature Power (EQ)

Wow. I find it hilarious. A flower that dances with swords and steals your energy with it's punches, sets off an earthquake and throws seeds at you. LO if you want to boost power, Scarf for more speed or Band for extra power righht off the bat. I'd go with SD and LO, but that's just me. Oh, and you'd need to run Return for the Choice'd sets. OR you could run a Lonely nature and go for more powerful Leaf Storm, but I'd need to know what it's power VS the likes of Seed M=Bomb would be to make that call. Speaking of Seed Bomb, it's your main Physical STAB, beating Leaf Blade for those who want a ninja flower. Drain Punch is your really only other physical option, but it's actually pretty good, and if you don't die it replenishes health. Nature Power turns into EQ, which while having redundant coverage with Drain Punch, can be useful at times.

Also, notice it gets Gastro Acid from Pt/HG/SS move tutor. Ewwyugh.
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 18th September 2011 at 9:44 PM.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Well, though Bellossom should mainly be used for support or special sets, it actually has pretty decent attack stat for the lower tiers, and can use Swords Dance to get it to pretty threatening levels, and though Victreebell gets it too, Bellossom has much more of a physical movepool to go with, notably Drain Punch. Venusaur also gets it, but Growth is better anyways, so Bellossom isn't completely outclassed as a purely physical sweeper.

Plant Dance
    Bellossom @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) / Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Leaf Blade
    ~ Nature Power / Drain Punch
    ~ Return / Double-Edge / Sleep Powder / Sunny Day / Moonlight / Substitute

The first two slots are pretty simple, get Bellossom against something it can set up on and Swords Dance away, using Leaf Blade as your STAB (the critical hit chance is nice too). The evs are straightforward as well, max attack and speed with 4 dumped into HP. You can deter some evs from speed into another stat for some bulk, depending on what you want to outspeed with Chlorophyll. Life Orb is there to dish out extra damage. The third slot depends on your preferance. If you want Bellossom to hit harder, Nature Power becomes Earthquake, and can smash Poison and Steel types, especially Heatran after a Swords Dance. However, Drain Punch, though weaker, allows you to recover off some Life Orb damage, while also hitting Ferrothorn for super effective damage. The last slot all depends on preference. Return rounds off the coverage well, hitting foes like Toxicroak if running Drain Punch over Nature Power, while DOuble Edge hits much harder, though you take both Life Orb and Double-Edge recoil. Sleep Powder can cripple the foe and allow a garunteed set up, as well as crippling Gengar, who completely walls you. Sunny Day is to keep your speed if not on a Drought team, and Moonlight helps you recover any Life Orb damage. Finally, Substitute can grant you a garunteed set up on a predicted switch.
    Last edited by The3DOstrich; 18th September 2011 at 4:39 PM.

Toxic Stall
    Chlorophyll
    252 HP/ 252 Spe/4 SpD
    Timid
    - Toxic
    - Synthesis
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    *Note: Just use SubSeed Tangrowth.

Sun Sweeper
    Chlorophyll
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
    Modest
    - Solarbeam/Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Solarbeam/Leaf Storm
    *Note: Just use Venasaur/Sawsbuck/Volcarona/
    Shiftry DO I NEEEED TO LIST?
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...where the heck is the ceiling?
    -Anonymous

DW Females:

Wanted: UT Jolly/Timid Uxie. Preferably Timid.
    DW Female Tyrogue or DW Jolly Tyrogue.

My Current Team: (I like to make lots.)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=519126

Abillity:Chlophyll
    EVs: 252 sp atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    Item:life orb
    moves:
    solorbeam
    toxic
    venoshock
    sunny day

OVERVIEW:

I wish I could find something good to say about Bellossom in OU. I can't, but I'll try.

Looking at it, Bellossom seems to be rather mediocre. Low-average stats across the board, a poor typing that gives it five weaknesses and three resistances, and a bad movepool. However, Bellossom has one redeeming quality: Chlorophyll. With it, and can actually stand a chance agaist some of the top OU- Ah, who am I kidding. Venusaur does everything this... thing can do better. At least it's cute. It's down in NU, where there is no permasun, meaning Venusaur, way up where there is sun, is still singing his taunting tune.

SET(S)

Annoyer

Bellossom @ Leftovers
    Healer/Chlorophyll
    Bold
    252 HP/144 Def/112 SpD
    Teeter Dance/Stun Spore/Flash/Attract/Charm/Tickle/Sleep Powder/Leaf Storm/Energy Ball/Grass Knot
    Teeter Dance/Stun Spore/Flash/Attract/Charm/Tickle/Sleep Powder/Leaf Storm/Energy Ball/Grass Knot

If you want to use Bellosssom in OU without it being hideously outclassed, this is the way to do it. Annoyance. Doesn't really work in singles, but if you pair this with a Wobbufett in Doubles/Triples, you can really piss your opponent off. Teeter Dance serves to be an annoyance with confusion. Stun Spore paralyzes. Flash lowers accuracy, pissing several Pokemon off. Attract is like eternal confusion, but without the damage. Charm and Tickle can force switches, but use Leaf Blade if you use an attacking move if you do this, and change the nature to Impish.

Other Options:

None.

Partners: If you want something hideously outclassed by Venusaur, partner this girl up with Ninetales for eternal sun. Otherwise, you should be using this in Multi battles. So, go with Wobbufett or Dugtrio as partners so they can't switch.

I Wanna Heal!!!

Bellossom @ Lefties/Big Root
    Healer
    Bold/Calm/Timid
    252 Def, 56 Sp Def, 200 Hp
    -Moonlight
    -Protect
    -Giga Drain
    -Toxic
    Grumpig is mine.
    Planned Ruby/Sapphire Remake Team:
    Current Sapphire Team

I do GTS Negotiations. I really like trading Eggs for Eggs. So, if you see a Trainer Card with "BIDOOF is the reason for HATE.", that is me.

alright, i've used this guy(girl?) in triples, and with wobefett he is awesome. You mainly use him for support, though.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

At the RU zone!
    - Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Moonlight/ Sleep Powder
    Ability: Chlorophyll/ Healer
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    4 Spd. / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 HP

Desc: Your best bet of a Bellossom set in RU, where it's stuck. Since Vulpix is Borderline, and Ninetales is OU, no sun.
    Anyway, HP Fire is for Ferroseed, who walls Bellossom with out it. Leaf Storm/Giga Drain is STAB, and Sludge Bomb is coverage. Sleep Powder/Moonlight is filler.

In a meta full of Fire and Bug types, Bellossom isn't recommended for RU, not with Entei and Yanmega everywhere.
    Last edited by Creeper; 18th September 2011 at 5:40 PM.

The Poison Ivy@leftovers
    Bold/calm
    Chorlophyll/Healer
    252def/252spdef/4hp
    Toxic
    Moonlight/synthesis
    Gigadrain
    substitute

Toxic depletes health and in 6 turns would kill without any healing witch is devastating for sweepers. Moonlight/Synthesis both are exactly the same so use the one you can get the easiest. Giga drain so your not taunt bait along with some extra healing. Substitute to protect you from status. The ability is up to which type of battle you will be using Bellossom on healer for double/triples only. Chorlophyll for any type of battle

Partners: Wobbuffet/Dugtrio and insert awsome sweeper here for triples
    and Dugtrio/awsome sweeper for doubles
    Last edited by Eliteknight; 18th September 2011 at 5:58 PM.

I have trained and used a Bellossom as a supporter/attacker in my Trick Room doubles/triples team. This is it:

Don't all plants move this slowly?
    Item: Big Root
    Quiet Nature, 252 HP/252 Sp Atk/6 SpDef
    Giga Drain
    Sleep Powder
    Sweet Scent
    Sludge Bomb

Firstly it needs a very low Speed IV (mine happens to have 5) so it stands a good chance of going early in Trick Room. Healer is a nice ability in doubles/triples that can remove pesky status problems from your allies, but unfortunately not from Bellossom itself

I know it's a fairly weird moveset but I'll explain what it's meant to do. Giga Drain is STAB that also heals Bellossom well thanks to the Big Root (Leftovers is already taken by another Pokemon on my team). It's also good for beating Water types that often show up in doubles/triples due to their nice typing and STAB Surf. Sleep Powder can put a Pokemon out of action for a while. Sweet Scent lowers the Evasion stat of all the opponent's Pokemon so long as they don't switch. This makes Sleep Powder more likely to hit as well as moves like Blizzard and Rock Slide, without sacrificing your own team's Evasion as No Guard or Gravity would do. Sludge Bomb is filler. Alternative moves for this slot include Safeguard, Lucky Chant, Teeter Dance or a suitable Hidden Power.

I'll be honest and say that this Bellossom doesn't work as well as I'd like. Its Ice weakness means it gets obliterated by Blizzard and Healer is not as reliable as it could be. But I'll post it here just in case it inspires somebody.

(As an aside, my idea for Sweet Scent -> Blizzard came from Mystery Dungeon, where it works unwholesomely well on monster houses. It's a shame there's no competitive element to those games though...)

Team of my favourites:

4th Gen 'Demolition Squad'

you need a stab grass move
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thumbs down -_-

Urgh, not really a fan of Bellosom, but I'll try and cook something up for it move set wise.

I'm waiting ever patiently for Ferrothorn or Hydreigon to be Pokemon of the Week, then I'll post for them xD

1) Annoyer
    Bellossom @Big Root
    Nature: Modest
    EVs:200 HP, 200 Def, 108 Sdef

-Giga Drain
    -Stun Spore
    -Teeter Dance
    -Rest

2) Sunny Team attacker
    Bellossom @Leftovers

-Solarbeam
    -Teeter Dance
    -Toxic
    -Venoshock

3) Sunny Team attacker #2
    Bellossom @Life Orb

-Stun Spore
    -Teeter Dance
    -Solarbeam
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Rock)

Bellawesome
    timid@Miricle Seed/idk
    Chlorophyll
    -toxic
    -energy ball
    -substitute
    -protect
    use for support and toxic is good cause the more longer it is poisined the more damage
    use a drought pokemon as a partner
    since it is almost always used for support when you battle it I would using fast pokemon with good flying/fire moves
    it needs defence and support from another pokemon and then it can start supporting other pokemon
    Not a big fan but i guess this will do
    Last edited by takbir10; 24th September 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Chlorophyll: Its a pretty great ability in sun teams and helps double Bellossom's low 50 speed.

Healer: Having a 30% chance to heal is alright but it only works 30% of the time.

Under the Sun
    Item: Leftovers/Grass or Poison Gem
    EV: 252 HP/ 252 SpAtt/ 4 HP
    Nature: Bold (Def+/Att-) Modest (SpAtt+/Att-)
    -Synthesis/Moonlight
    -Toxic
    -Substitute/Worry Seed/
    -Solarbeam/ VenoShock

This set focuses on a somewhat defensive, somewhat offensive side in the sun. Synthesis/Moonlight is there because they recover more HP in the sun and whatever one is up to you. Toxic is there for the reason of stalling.Substitute is there to help stall even more while Worry seed is an option to get rid of annoying abilites that seem to be in the way of Bellossom. The last slot is for not being taunt bait. Solarbeam hits hard while under the sun and no wasting a turn and the gem + STAB boosts it up more. Venoshock with toxic hits 130 plus the power of the Poison Gem helps possibly KOing a foe.

Revived Plants, Withered Foes
    Abilities: Chlorophyll/Healer
    Item: Leftovers/Big Root
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Def
    Nature: Bold (Def+/Att-) Calm (SpDef+/Att-)
    -Synthesis/Moonlight
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Giga Drain/Ingrain/HP (Fire)/Nature Power (EQ)

This set is for healing Bellossom while slowly doing damage to the foe. Synthesis and Moonlight both are excellent in the sun since extra boost in healing during the sun. Substitute is there for one reason and that is to basically to wall and let toxic destroy while healing. Toxic is included because this is what is going to destroy almost everyone except Poison/Steel. The last slot is an addition to healing; Giga drain will recover more HP with big root while doing some damage. Ingrain is to automatically heal for turns in addition to leftovers.

Other moves that can be used for this set in the last slot can be Hidden Power (Fire) for Steels, more-so Ferrothorn or Nature Power (EQ) which will handle steels.

Anybody Else Confused?
    Item: Focus Sash/Lum Berry/Quick Claw
    EV: 252 SpAtt/252 Speed/ 4 HP
    Nature:Timid
    -Safeguard
    -Teeter Dance
    -Petal Dance
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Nature Power (EQ)

This set is designed for double and triple battles and focuses on using Safeguard and Teeter Dance to protect yourself and allies from confusion while hurting the foes. Safeguard is what this set is designed for; it is used first in a battle to prevent confusion and other status problems for your team. Teeter Dance is there to confuse the foes while not confusing your teamates if safeguard is set up. Petal Dance is there for powerful damage and STAB while not getting confused thanks to Safeguard. The last slot is used to damage foes (Poison/Steel) who resist Petal Dance (mostly Ferrothorn). HP (Fire)is for steels, mostly Ferrothorn, while Nature Power (EQ) takes down steel types.
    Focus Sash is to not be KOed in one hit, Lum Berry if Safeguard wears out before Petal Dance, and Quick Claw for a chance to try to hit first. Whatever one is up to you.

I never liked Bellossom so much. Is just outclassed. But still usable, so let's go.
    Set name: Double status
    Hold item: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Chlorophill
    EVs: 252 Hp, 252 SpDef, 4 Def
    -Sleep Powder | Stun Spore
    -Toxic/Stun Spore | Teeter Dance
    -Moonlight/Hidden Power [Ice/Fire/Ground/Fighting] | Substitute
    -Giga Drain
    Standard bulky grass stuff. Very common, very straightforward. Double status is a pretty effective strategy, so let's pull it off. Sleep Powder gives you some kind of niche, as it sets you apart from Meganium and Shaymin, who have to rely on the unreliable Grasswhistle. Usable pure Grass types learning Sleep Powder are Bellossom, Doredia, Tangela and Tangrowth. Doredia doesn't have great defensive stats, while the others are more phisically defensive, so a specially defensive Bellossom isn't completely outclassed. As you are using double status, you will want either Toxic or Stun Spore. They are both good, choose depending on what your team needs. Moonlight recovers your HP and is amazing when the sun is up.
    If you feel Moonlight unreliable, go with your Hidden Power of choice. HP [Ice] is for grass, flying and dragon types, HP [Fire] covers grass, bug and steel types but is crippled by the rain, and rain is one of the reasons not to use Moonlight. If you're using Toxic, is recomended to pick an HP super effective against steels (and poisons to a lesser extent) as they are immune to it. So pick HP [Fire/Ground/Fighting] depending on what pokemon you feel more threatening. Giga Drain is your best attacking move. Good power, awsome effect, good accuracy... just good. Instead of Sleep Powder and Toxic/Stun Spore you can pick Stun Spore and Teeter Dance. This gives you the para-fusion combo, wich is very good. In this case, you can use substitute on the third slot as you will force tons of switches and the opponent will hardly be capable of attacking you, and Giga Drain can recover the HP loss. For the EVs specially defensive is recomended, so Calm Nature whith 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Def. Healer is a useless ability in single battles, so, unless you are doing doubles/triples, go with Chlorophill.
    Other Options
    Pretty much nothing... you could use phisically based attacking moves. Leaf Blade and Drain Punch/Nature Power (wich becomes Earthquake on Wi-Fi). Your base Attack stat is only 10 points lower than your Special Attack, but those moves are more powerful, so they are actually usable, but probably STAB Giga Drain is what you will want mostly.
    Partners
    Standard stuff that usually partners grass types. You can pick a fire and a water pokemon to make the good fire/grass/water defensive core.
    Counters
    Espeon and Xatu pack Magic Bounce to bounce back your status moves rendering you less threatening. A double status set isn't easily counterable, as it can cripple it's counters, just don't let him put to sleep your main counter.

Set Name: What every single grass type does
    Hold item: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 Hp, 92 SpDef, 164 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Hidden Power [Fire/Ice]
    -Giga Drain/Sleep Powder
    Very original. Outclassed. Use this in the sun. Leech Seed is a 3rd gen event move, so I don't know about if it's legal with Sleep Powder, but if so, use Sleep Powder. Hidden Power is for grass types that are immune to Leech Seed. 164 Speed EVs to outspeed base 111s under the sun. You can invest less in speed and more in bulkyness, so think about what you want to outspeed. and by the way, just use Tangrowth/Eviolite Tangela.

Set Name: Phisical sweeper Bellossom?
    Hold item: Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Nature Power/Drain Punch
    -Sleep Powder/Return/Double Edge
    The only sweeping set for Bellossom that carries a boosting move, and it's a good one. Under the sun you reach 398 Speed, so you outspeed almost anything unboosted. Sleep Powder gives you a free turn to set up a Swords Dance. Leaf Blade is a very good STAB, while Nature Power (EQ) or Drain Punch add useful coverage. You can forego Sleep Powder and use a move to improve your coverage. Double Edge works well alongside Drain Punch hitting Flying, Bugs and Poison types hard, while Drain Punch softens the recoil. Double Edge is illegal with Nature Power, so if you opt for it you can only use Return.
    Obvious sweeping EV spread, Adamant and Life Orb as you need the power.
    Other Options
    Tangrowth is better. You only have Drain Punch to differentiate a bit while it has Brick Break.
    Partners
    Something to weaken your counters. Rock complements well your two main attacking moves, so Stealth Rock are appreciated for Fire, Flying and Bug types. Rock types have good sinergy both defensively and offensively. Kabutops brillantly resists you weaknesses and easilly takes out you counters. A fire type is appreciated to kill steels.
    Counters
    Without a normal move, Fliyng and Bug types eat you for breakfast. Standard Walls (Skarmory, Toxic Orb/Fling/Acrobatics Gliscor, Forretress, Ferrothorn) own you no matter what. Bulky grass types are problematic too, expecially those carrying HP [Fire].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast