Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

As you can see from my signature, my overall Pokemon team (all assembled within Gen. IV) is Infernape, Dusknoir, Bronzong, Skarmory, Jolteon, and a three-Pokemon split between Dragonite, Salamence, or Garchomp. I really need to choose which would fit best into my team's last slot, so which of the three dragons should I choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    So I EV trained my Snorlax: 252 Defense, 252 HP, and 6 Special Defense. Does it matter now how I train it? Can I just give it an Exp. share and battle the Elite 4 until it's strong enough to battle on its own, or will that mess up its stats?
    If it is already fully EV trained, baateling normaly wont affect it

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltlion69 View Post
    So, I just got a eevee from bill that is adamant/ somewhat vain (I'm evolving it into an umbreon) I need an opinion on its IV spread. 30/30/9-19/20/31/19-29. the lack of def is a major let down... I was wondering if I should keep it and EV its def... or should I just SR? this crud is frustrating.
    It will only effect max of 22 points in Def, or a Min of 12. So it wont make a big diffrence. That is why i dont IV breed (exept for HPs)

How do I EV spread? Like, I always see 252/252/4, but how do I know if I have that, how do I measure the amount of EV's I get?

Ig this counts as competitive, since I'm chaining for a competitive team, but let's say I'm chaining for a shiny Ralts (which I am, btw) and I think it would look beautiful coming out of a dive ball. I have some dive balls,, but problem is, I used an AR to get them. Would this Pokemon count as legit?

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2vspybq.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to Skiyomi for the dual Espeon extracted sig, and TheSuperZekrom for my FC banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrloin View Post
    Ig this counts as competitive, since I'm chaining for a competitive team, but let's say I'm chaining for a shiny Ralts (which I am, btw) and I think it would look beautiful coming out of a dive ball. I have some dive balls,, but problem is, I used an AR to get them. Would this Pokemon count as legit?
    It depends on who you ask, really. I'd say it is, but some others will disagree.

But, since this is competitive, it's probably fine to assume it is. The pokeball makes no difference on the competitive side of pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I hope i posted this in the right place.

I have a queston about tiers on the Pokemon Online simulator. These are the Pokemon I have in my team.

Machamp, Xatu, Tyranitar, Swampert, Magmortar, Steelix. What Wifi xx is this?

Also I have this team as well.

Infernape, Scizor, Absol, Kyurem, Minun and Plusle (For the helping hand attack)

What Wifi xx are these? And could anyone give me some advice on what attacks are good?

28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

What is a good stall pokemon team for fire red?

I want to use my Venasaur
    Ivs: (252 hp 108 defense 150 Sp defense)

Moveset: sleep powder, leech seed, toxic and Synthesis
    Nature: Lonely

Can I ask some? When I register the competition, I cannot register my pokemon in battle box.....My team didn't have legendary pokemon and didn't have same item but i cannot register.....Please help..
    Friend Code:
    Pokemon White 2: 0949 - 0902 - 7272

I've got two questions regarding the same Pokémon. I just bred an immaculate Butterfree in HeartGold.
    • Holding Focus Sash
    • Nature: Hasty (+speed, -defense)
    • Ability: Compoundeyes
    • IVs: "Outstanding" potential, speed/defense/sp. atk./sp. def. "can't be better"
    • No EVs yet
    • Moveset: U-Turn, Sleep Powder, Sunny Day, Dream Eater

I plan to use it to lead off. High speed usually gets my Sleep Powder in first (this is my "Best-Case"); Compoundeyes raises Sleep Powder's accuracy to 100%. In this case, I'll usually spend the sleep activating Sunny Day, then U-Turn out to my Houndoom (Modest, max Sp. Atk. IVs/EVs, Dark Pulse/Flamethrower/Nasty Plot/Solarbeam). If the opponent ends up attacking first (my "Worst-Case"), Focus Sash lets me get in at least one Sleep Powder. From here, I can either bail out early with just a U-Turn (no Sunny Day) to Houndoom and make up for the loss with a few Dark Pulses, or try to restore as much HP as possible with 1 or 2 Dream Eaters; if I can max it out again, that gives me another shot with the Focus Sash.

I'm looking for advice on how to distribute my EVs in this case. Obviously I need high speed to get that "Best-Case" scenario as often as possible, but it seems like high sp. atk. would also be a good idea for restoring HP. Consider a 4x Rock move like Rock Wrecker or Stone Edge; chances are, no matter how high or low my defense is, I'll be left with 1 HP. To me, it seems to make more sense to be able to restore lost HP faster than to resist more HP loss. I also want to keep my max HP as low as possible to make it easier to fill back up. Do you agree/disagree with this? Should I just max out Speed and Sp. Atk., leaving my defenses to the mercy of the focus sash?

Also, I was considering replacing Sunny Day with Safeguard. This would be a nice fail-safe from having my focus sash broken by a status condition, but it would destroy that nice synergy my current Butterfree has with my Houndoom, and would render her Solarbeam useless as a water/rock/ground counter. Unless, of course, I decide to replace her Charti Berry with a Power Herb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12