Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

I liked how Elesa was shown modeling, plus it was cool when Ash's group and Bianca were on the roller coaster ha ha. Elesa's Zebstrika sweeping Bianca's team was sad and Bianca's father seemed so selfish.

It was nice to see Kamitsure and the Raimon Gym take center stage now that the Rocket-dan's plot was over with. The fact that Bel returned made me happy, mostly because seeing her sad due to her father was more interesting than seeing her acting vacuous. Too bad Satoshi's Mijumaru lost to Hihidaruma.

So Oshawott lost against Darmanitan. He should've won that battle easily, but he lost even though he had the advantage. I was also disappointed that it was Ash doing all the fighting for Bianca while Elesa sat on her ***. :x

I don't remember Elesa's personality in the games, but she wasn't interesting to me in the anime. Her game design made me think she'd be a more rebellious type, or apathetic/annoyed about things.

This was a poorly written episode. So Bianca's overprotective father shows up to take Bianca home because he feels she would be unsafe as a trainer. That could have made for a good episode, but the correct way for this to be resolved is for Bianca herself to prove that she's taking her job seriously and will be fine. Instead all of her Pokemon get massacred by Elesa's Zebstrika without it even fainting, proving Bianca's father correct, and proving that her Pokemon party wouldn't be strong enough to have her back if she were to get into danger. Then we get the hero Ash jumping in to save her skin by battling her father, and on top of that, he even fails. Then basically everyone pleads with the father and babbles about friendship and he gives in.

The father was also pretty annoying, asking Ash to go back to Pallet Town if he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    Too bad Satoshi's Mijumaru lost to Hihidaruma.
    Yea that part was disappointing cuz Oshawott had a type advantage. Mostly I was impressed that Bianca's dad was so strong tho since he wasn't an active trainer. And now I wonder if Ash was really going to keep the promise that he made to him. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Yea that part was disappointing cuz Oshawott had a type advantage. Mostly I was impressed that Bianca's dad was so strong tho since he wasn't an active trainer. And now I wonder if Ash was really going to keep the promise that he made to him. ^^;
    There seemed to be a recurring gag during the Best Wishes saga involving Mijumaru's bad luck when fighting against Fire-types in general. I didn't find it funny because out of Satoshi's whole Isshu team, I felt that Mijumaru was in need of more wins. And I think Bel's father was actually a retired trainer.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910