Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Was most of the raw music replaced, or just minor parts? I really hope the former isn't true.
    Im praying that NONE of the music is replaced in BW52 with Ash vs Elesa, that was the best episode for the tension of the music imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Was most of the raw music replaced, or just minor parts? I really hope the former isn't true.
    just some like the music during Elesa's fashion show and the beginning of Bianca's battle when they just enter the arena...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    and I HATE how the replaced a lot of the Japanese music, like the music for the fashion show, with their own brand of random frilly music...Besided those, decent dubb...
    I agree, the music they chose for the Fashion show was very disappointing and random. I really loved the music they used in the Japanese version for it.

Finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it.

I thought Shelmet, Elesa, and Bianca's dad sounded fine. I looked up the voice actor of Bianca's dad on bublapedia and found he voiced two other fathers in the past, got a little chuckle from that(Also it appears he has also voiced, Tristan Taylor(Yu-gi-oh), Yusei Fudo(Yu-gi-oh 5D's), Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Sam Speed (Sonic X), I thought he sounded familiar, and now I know why, probably remember his voice from Yusei more though).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Who voices Elesa in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    Who voices Elesa in English?
    Eileen Stevens, the same voice actor who voices Iris.

Is it just me, or was that really short? Not to mention rather full of scenes from the show. <_<

Ash won't be battling right away, yet again.

Whoa. Not the personality I was expecting from Elise based on her official art. Though I suppose it does match her type.

Bianca made an appointment for a gym battle? You can do that? And wow, the game's plot is coming in with Bianca's dad wanting her to come home. Is it just me, or is her dad a bigger jerk here than in the game?

Why the heck does Elise keep using Flame Charge against Pignite? And why did it work so well?

Hey, Bianca can't leave without getting the badge! Cheater.

Well what I learned in the episode is that Bianca dos'nt wanna go home, Ash is facing Bianca's Dad, Elesa sees a Pikachu, and Bianca has a Shelmet. That's all what I learned

I thought the dialogue between Bianca and her father in the game was very interesting, so I was pretty eager to see this episode. And it turned out pretty well. I felt so bad for Bianca when she got her butt kicked. But I think her father seemed meaner here than in the games, and I wasn't too big on that. Still, good episode overall. I've always kinda felt for Bianca because I've gone through times where people are claiming I'm not good enough to do what I love.
    Last edited by ForgottenPearl; 1st April 2012 at 1:42 AM. Reason: Added how I felt for Bianca
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenPearl View Post
    I thought the dialogue between Bianca and her father in the game was very interesting, so I was pretty eager to see this episode. And it turned out pretty well. I felt so bad for Bianca when she got her butt kicked. But I think her father seemed meaner here than in the games, and I wasn't too big on that. Still, good episode overall.
    He was not mean in the games or here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    He was not mean in the games or here.
    In the games, maybe. But I'm kinda disturbed by how he saw nothing wrong with telling Ash to head home to Pallet Town. It took lots of persuasion for him to change his mind on all this win-or-go-home stuff.

Yes, he does come around. But in my opinion, he was pretty brutal before that.
    Last edited by ForgottenPearl; 1st April 2012 at 1:54 AM.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

I thought the dialogue between Bianca and her father in the game was very interesting, so I was pretty eager to see this episode. And it turned out pretty well. I felt so bad for Bianca when she got her butt kicked. But I think her father seemed meaner here than in the games, and I wasn't too big on that. Still, good episode overall. I've always kinda felt for Bianca because I've gone through times where people are claiming I'm not good enough to do what I love.
    In the games, maybe. But I'm kinda disturbed by how he saw nothing wrong with telling Ash to head home to Pallet Town. It took lots of persuasion for him to change his mind on all this win-or-go-home stuff.
    Yes, he does come around. But in my opinion, he was pretty brutal before that.
    He seemed a lot less stern in this episode than in the games. He wasn't yelling like he was in the games.
    Telling Ash to go back to Pallet Town, seemed like he was just trying to make the deal the same as what Bianca's was, no other reason.
    He was more of just an overprotective father.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it.

I thought Shelmet, Elesa, and Bianca's dad sounded fine. I looked up the voice actor of Bianca's dad on bublapedia and found he voiced two other fathers in the past, got a little chuckle from that(Also it appears he has also voiced, Tristan Taylor(Yu-gi-oh), Yusei Fudo(Yu-gi-oh 5D's), Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Sam Speed (Sonic X), I thought he sounded familiar, and now I know why, probably remember his voice from Yusei more though).
    That VA you are talking about is John Campbell.

Shelmet and Elesa were both voiced by Eileen Stevens, who is also Iris's English VA.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    He seemed a lot less stern in this episode than in the games. He wasn't yelling like he was in the games.
    Telling Ash to go back to Pallet Town, seemed like he was just trying to make the deal the same as what Bianca's was, no other reason.
    He was more of just an overprotective father.
    No, telling your own daughter to go home (when she's what, 16??) is overprotective bordering on jerk (remembering that this is the pokemon world where apparently things like muggings and rape don't happen and friggin 10 year olds can travel the world unscathed).

Telling some kid you don't know and have no connection whatsoever with to go home if you win a battle is being a total a-hole. You can't just go around suggesting that kind of thing to other people's kids; it's none of your business!!

...I was also disappointed that it was Ash doing all the fighting for Bianca while Elesa sat on her backside, apparently not caring. Game Elesa is sure a lot nicer than Anime Elesa >__>
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

How do you have Pocket Monsters Black and White 2? Its not even June 23rd! Did you mean that you have a copy of Pokemon Black and White?

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    No, telling your own daughter to go home (when she's what, 16??) is overprotective bordering on jerk (remembering that this is the pokemon world where apparently things like muggings and rape don't happen and friggin 10 year olds can travel the world unscathed).
    He's the parent. He has the authority to do what he feels is right. That's not being a jerk.

Telling some kid you don't know and have no connection whatsoever with to go home if you win a battle is being a total a-hole. You can't just go around suggesting that kind of thing to other people's kids; it's none of your business!!
    Ash was the one who challenged what's his name. Not the other way around.

...I was also disappointed that it was Ash doing all the fighting for Bianca while Elesa sat on her backside, apparently not caring.
    SHE'S THE FREAKING REFEREE. She's just doing her job.

Game Elesa is sure a lot nicer than Anime Elesa >__>
    That's an opinion.

I liked this episode, though not as much as I liked Ash's gym battle the following episode. Great drama with Bianca possibly having to give up on her pokemon journey because of her father, but at least the twerps convinced him to change his mind.

And woo-hoo, the cast is back in the credits! Having no recognizable characters besides Pikachu in the credits for a whole season was disappointing the previous year. -_-

7/10

Now I have to start catching up on episodes, the last one I watched was 727, and they've aired up to 737.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 28th August 2012 at 4:29 AM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

My favorite part of this episode was when Ash FLIPS on Iris. I had no idea he had it in him! This ep gave me new hope in Best Wishes.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

I loved this episode. I was disappointed Bianca didn't take out a single one of Elesa's Pokemon. I loved that Ash was willing to risk going back to Pallet Town just to let Bianca continue her journey.

I really liked Bianca in this episode. I thought she fought hard in her battle against Elesa, though I figured she was going to lose when Shelmet went down quickly. Bianca also had some funny moments IMO such as knocking Ash into the fountain and forgetting her bag at the end.

Not sure what I think about Bianca's dad. The whole wanting to bring Bianca home thing just seemed a little...weird? I think a previous poster mentioned something about there being no buildup to it, which I can agree with. I mean, in the games you knew he was against her journey from the start...
    Ok, I really don't know how to explain my thoughts on this that well. >_>

Liked Elesa. Glad they included the roller coaster in her Gym like in the games.

I haven't watched Pokémon in MANY years before seeing this episode on weekend (these are new episodes here in Finland - everything comes here so slowly). Seriously, last episodes I've seen are some episodes from Hoenn season I followed up to a point when Ash challenged Wattson and were shown here 2005. But last weekend I woke up early and had nothing to do so I decided to watch Pokémon for pure nostalgia.

It was interesting to see that series haven't really changed. Ash is still the same somewhat hot-head who follows his heart more than his mind. Animation style looks good and the characters from the games were modelled nicely. In Finland they used to translate every attack but nowadays they are in English, what a relief! I was quite surprised to see that Bianca is included in the anime but I liked that and Bianca was just like in the game. His father was also more...interesting that he had been in the game I just wished Bianca would have succeeded better in her battle. I also liked how Ash stood up to defend Bianca's decision. Did I see some AshxBianca there?

I also watched the next episode in which Ash challenged Elesa. I don't think I'll continue to follow the series but who knows It was fun to see that the series is still pretty much the same and the feeling of nostalgia, oh!

Definitely feel like Bianca's dad coming and asking her to go home was kind of unexpected, due to the lack of buildup. A small line here and there from Bianca about her dad in previous episodes could have made it a bit more realistic. Still, it was very heartwarming when Ash, Iris and Cilan stood up for Bianca and talked about all the good times they've had together - once again showing how this series has developed the other rivals and friends really well. Looking forward to Ash's gym battle!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789