Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Hey guys. Just so you guys know I'm new to the Serebii forums. I'll be attending the tournament in long beach. If you want to look out for me ill be pretty easy to spot; just look out for the guy wearing the leafeon cap.

I have a few things left to do for my vgc team but I'm not sweating it because I have more than enough time to get what I need.

Good luck to all of you guys

The new team is ready and I hope I can make it to VGCs in Roswell, VA. Gl to all. BTW, now might be a good time to remove your VGC RMT Threads so no one can spy on your team and steal or make countermeasures for it.

Well just finished my new team, tested it on gbu and so far 16-1. Hopefully vgc will be be a breeze(like I can hope for that haha). Also I found hail to be the best weather. I dunno, but rain is a close 2nd but its problem is how easily countered it is. What do you guys think about the 4 weathers of vgc?

Quick question. If the last pokemon on both sides is taken out by Destiny Bond, who wins? It didn't mention anything about that in the Smogon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurvivor View Post
    Well just finished my new team, tested it on gbu and so far 16-1. Hopefully vgc will be be a breeze(like I can hope for that haha). Also I found hail to be the best weather. I dunno, but rain is a close 2nd but its problem is how easily countered it is. What do you guys think about the 4 weathers of vgc?
    I think hail is the most disruptive weather, being a flexible weather that can fit on a lot of teams.

Water abuses it's weather the best out of them all. This is why I would put them second.

Sun is disruptive just for the simple fact that it can ruin rain setups badly. And sun abusers abuse it pretty well too. Heatwave is a problem when the sun is out.

Sand just isn't as good as the others. It's the easiest to deal with IMO because of the lack of a significant boost in power from sand. Ya you can abuse speed, eveasion or resistance to special attacks but in the end, all the other weathers boost power in some way shape or form(100% accurate blizzards are a damage boost in my book).
    Autumn Friendly Rank: 21st(1933) 75W-5L
    OT:Noxe
    ::My youtube channel!!!::
    Dear Professor Oak,
    Nerf Charmander -Bulbasaur
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Quick question. If the last pokemon on both sides is taken out by Destiny Bond, who wins? It didn't mention anything about that in the Smogon thread.
    Destiny Bond won't activate Destiny Bond. You have to do damage and kill the other pokemon to activate Destiny Bond. Destiny bond used by itself does no damage.

also:
    WHO IS THIS NOXE GUY??!1

^ wait! Did i say destiny bond!? I meant to say perish song!

.......this weeks the VCGs, but I have church on sunday,and I find the fact that it's on sunday to be anti-religous a bit.
    I had a perfect team set up too.....
    maybe my dad can be fooled into taking me....

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Destiny Bond won't activate Destiny Bond. You have to do damage and kill the other pokemon to activate Destiny Bond. Destiny bond used by itself does no damage.

also:
    WHO IS THIS NOXE GUY??!1
    Hey man, just because real life hit and I didn't have time to participate, doesn't mean I wouldn't lurk and continue to be in the know =P I honestly think it made me a little bit better, especially how linear 2011 VGC was. Although I could have done well in the 2011 format, I think I feel more at home in the wide open format.

.......this weeks the VCGs, but I have church on sunday,and I find the fact that it's on sunday to be anti-religous a bit.
    I had a perfect team set up too.....
    maybe my dad can be fooled into taking me....
    It's definitely not an anti-religious practice. It is definitely a we don't have enough time to fit everything in one day thing. When our regionals were separate, they were always on Saturday. If it was practical, they would have everything on Saturday. But it isn't so they have to split it. Competitions take time man, and if your family or church think that missing one day of it is going to hurt your relationship with god in some way, then I don't know what to tell you because it isn't true.

Any way, I'm super excited about this regional but my usual obsessiveness is kicking in and I'm not sure which of my teams I'm going to use, I'll probably make a decision some time tonight and I won't play anything but that till the regional is over.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

Lol it's the fact that I have a part to sing in a program,otherwise i'd be home-free.
    (I can't sing)

Noxe is tip top and going to Florida....my team is still being developed and I don't have a room in Orlando yet...

Think I'll stay home this weekend and prepare for Spring instead. O_O
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

^ wait! Did i say destiny bond!? I meant to say perish song!
    The person that uses perish song loses. I know this because during my time in bs hax subway A opponent perish song'd me, and I still won.

Also@Noxe
    I had the same thoughts on sandstorm too haha.

^ That's the battle subway, not the doubles RM. Someone used Perish Song on me there and both of our last pokes got KOed, and you know what, my opponent won when HE was the one that used Perish Song.

I feel dumb. Its the slower pokemon that wins. Gotta look in my 5th gen mechanics next time haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales101 View Post
    Lol it's the fact that I have a part to sing in a program,otherwise i'd be home-free.
    (I can't sing)
    Well ya then there's nothing you can do about that. I hope you do get to come out though man. VGCs are always a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom
    Noxe is tip top and going to Florida....my team is still being developed and I don't have a room in Orlando yet...

Think I'll stay home this weekend and prepare for Spring instead. O_O
    Hey man, anyone has a chance. There's always the matchups and then of course hax. If nothing else just come out to have some fun. I would love to meet some of you guys! I love meeting new people!

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurvivor
    Also@Noxe
    I had the same thoughts on sandstorm too haha.
    Ya, It's like all the other weathers, they are like the monkey in the room. When your in sand your just kinda like, eh, if I deal with Excadrill it's pretty much a non-factor >.>
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

I'm almost done with the team in my game. All I need are 15~ Pomeg Berries for Latios and one for Gyarados, some Wise Glasses...You know what, I'll probably just give him either a Lum Berry or that Dragon Gem since a Focus Sash on anything that doesn't get hurt by weather is BAD, and a Tamato Berry, so I should have it all done by Wednesday evening or Thursday afternoon.

anyone willing to trade me a ligit focus sash?
    (I really need it.)

^ You can get those at the Battle Subway for 48 points. If you shut off animations, it should take you only 3 hours at most. If it takes you longer, either you have bad luck or you might want to avoid VGCs in general.

^ no need for that, i'll trade him one to prevent the time issue, and VGC are about meeting new people and having fun (except for me, if I don't make it to worlds, id be disappointed)

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    ^ no need for that, i'll trade him one to prevent the time issue, and VGC are about meeting new people and having fun (except for me, if I don't make it to worlds, id be disappointed)
    I can't quote this enough. I go to VGCs first and foremost, to meet people, to see familiar faces, and to have fun. Do I prepare so I can do well, OFC I do but my main objective is to have fun. I usually do pretty well in the process. But I kinda gotta do well though, my hero mattj is watching. I'm kinda a fanboy =P could you tell?
    Last edited by Noxe; 8th November 2011 at 8:21 PM.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

lol, yea i <3 mattj too, he helped me prepare for last years VGC.

warstory here if anyone cares to look at it

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Hello Noxe and DragonMaster!! I thought about it for a bit, and I decided to give Latios Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse since I already get enough neutral coverage from Psychic and a power move like a Dragon Gem boosted Draco Meteor will get me out of a lot more bad situations.

Oh, and sorry about what I said earlier. I forgot that VGCs was a place you go to in order to meet various trainers so you can have fun without the fear of ragequitting. BTW, what I said earlier in the last post here was sort of a joke.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 8th November 2011 at 7:56 PM.

The 2012 Pokémon U.S. National Championships will be held Friday, June 29th, through Sunday, July 1st, 2012, in Indianapolis, Indiana.

New in 2012, the Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships will be an open event. This tournament will begin on Saturday, June 30th, and conclude on Sunday, July 1st. Preregistration will begin on Friday, June 30th.

....somebody at Poke dot com needs to copy edit O_o

Just posted yesterday, btw...http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_na...ce-2011-11-07/

Banette 30 Sept '11

^ You can get those at the Battle Subway for 48 points. If you shut off animations, it should take you only 3 hours at most. If it takes you longer, either you have bad luck or you might want to avoid VGCs in general.
    lol, I spent all 67 battle points on calciums,proteins,and other things like that.......
    a bit stupid, now that I realise it.....
    but my team's not bad at all, and I can make a opponent have to use struggle right away....
    Team-Garchomp,Musharna,Heracross,Spiritomb,Fan-Rotom,and Milotic.
    I'd use ledandaries if I could, but I'm too lazy too level up
    and what about slaking?
    @Pokemom,by open it means any can join=no last chance qualifyers?
    Last edited by Cryssy; 8th November 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales101 View Post
    @Pokemom,by open it means any can join=no last chance qualifyers?
    That would be my understanding, but this is my first time higher than state since TCG (DCI = da bomb) a decade ago so better ask Noxe or someone else who knows better about it :P

I actually posted it for the conflicting dates...royal LOL in that

Just for gits and shiggles: do we want to set up a list of who all's going to which tourny and what division we'll all be in?

ps: I cringe whenever I see "Lake Buena Vista" posted for this...it's Downtown Disney!! The only ones besides POP that use LBV are the movie producers >:-(

Banette 30 Sept '11

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast