Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    That would be my understanding, but this is my first time higher than state since TCG (DCI = da bomb) a decade ago so better ask Noxe or someone else who knows better about it :P

I actually posted it for the conflicting dates...royal LOL in that

Just for gits and shiggles: do we want to set up a list of who all's going to which tourny and what division we'll all be in?

ps: I cringe whenever I see "Lake Buena Vista" posted for this...it's Downtown Disney!! The only ones besides POP that use LBV are the movie producers >:-(
    As you can see, some on the rules etc for prizes for winning regionals are championship points. As we don't have enough sanctioned tournaments this year these mean nothing, but next year you will be required to have a certain amount of championship points to attend nationals. I imagine we will be getting more sanctioned tournaments than just regionals next year.

So what that means this year is that everyone who shows up can participate in nats. So the top winners at regionals get travel packages and 2 round byes at nationals. In years past you would have to get top 16 in regionals to obtaian a nats invite foe VGC.

LOL @ downtown Disney being the spot for our regional. It's cool though, I just know parking is going to be an arm and a leg. I think it's six dollars per day. Shoot me now!!!
    Autumn Friendly Rank: 21st(1933) 75W-5L
    OT:Noxe
    ::My youtube channel!!!::
    Dear Professor Oak,
    Nerf Charmander -Bulbasaur
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

Park at the hotel. I heard they're offering discount rates for the tourny.

Florida Organizer's site: http://www.floridapokemon.com/

Royal Plaza
    1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Masters 12:00 noon - 12:30pm

Format: Modified
    Entry: FREE!!
    Prizes: TBA

ediy: hotel info... Reservation number for the hotel 407-828-2828 hotel web site www.royalplaza.com

Mega benefit fun-wise as once we finish for the day we can hike across the street to Hard Rock Cafe...those of us in Master's that is

O_O and I just noticed our Queen of State is coming to my town for a TCG City match in December...oh snap!! and me without a deck! ::cry::

edit2: hmm...my team's not ready yet but I may give it a crack anyway....I live about 4 hours away so I'd be looking at heading out the door around 4 am to make check in (planning for gridlock up I-4). Is that totally insane or is it doable? As in: how late do these things usually run?

edit2: derp...masters..noon...::facepalm:: I can do a 7am departure, just wanna make sure I have enough energy left for the return trip....
    Last edited by Pokemom; 8th November 2011 at 10:54 PM.
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Is anyone worried about how badly Imposter Ditto is going to shake up the VGCs if he gets voted for? I'm starting to get a bit nervous about him.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Is anyone worried about how badly Imposter Ditto is going to shake up the VGCs if he gets voted for? I'm starting to get a bit nervous about him.
    I don't think he will have much effect at all. Unless he switches in on something that can seriously dent itself, but even then, the other person has the advantage of knowing the set stats etc of that other pokemon. In addition the said pokemon you transform too has a hold item tailored to that pokemon whereas ditto wouldn't. having a choice scarf against a metagross vs a metagross latios combo won't be very helpful. At any rate, LR Zapdos would be a much bigger threat.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

^ Heat Wave is still a pretty big loss, though.

^ Heat Wave is still a pretty big loss, though.
    While it is, I'm praying that move tutors in gray will give it back to us. But at the time being, you could totally bluff heatwave until they find out if Zapdos absorbs electric attacks or not.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

^ Still doesn't change the fact that he and his common Rain partner are walled by Gastrodon. You know HP is going to take up a move slot on DW Zapdos; besides, it's rare to see pokemon with an Electric weakness that aren't in a Rain team. With how rare Electric moves, let alone Electric pokemon outside of Zapdos and Rotom, you would be more likely to see Zoro in One Piece NOT get lost than get a boost from Lightningrod.

^ Still doesn't change the fact that he and his common Rain partner are walled by Gastrodon. You know HP is going to take up a move slot on DW Zapdos; besides, it's rare to see pokemon with an Electric weakness that aren't in a Rain team. With how rare Electric moves, let alone Electric pokemon outside of Zapdos and Rotom, you would be more likely to see Zoro in One Piece NOT get lost than get a boost from Lightningrod.
    Electric moves are actually pretty common in vgc, especially with rain around there will be plenty of thunder users. Especially discharge. Your also forgetting pokemon like Eelectross and Jolteon. While Jolteon aren't commonly used by players on forums like these, randoms tend to use pokemon like Jolteon because they are strong just aren't popular online.

Gastrodon are extremely uncommon, and it isn't very hard tp carry one person on your team with HP grass or grass knot.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

So Does anyone know if we can compete in both the TCG side and the VGC? If we can only compete in one that will be a major let down :'(

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster700 View Post
    Anyone seen the adverts? They have brought back the EX cards!!
    28th February 2012, 12:16 PM

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ckxs4.gif[/IMG]
    ^ Click here to go to my shop!^
    ^Credits to Mew_

Quote Originally Posted by K1LL3RxP0P7aRt View Post
    So Does anyone know if we can compete in both the TCG side and the VGC? If we can only compete in one that will be a major let down :'(
    Ofc you can do both. Why would you be limited to one? Just be cognizant that TCG finals for many slots overlap with VGC Seniors and Juniors registration.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

well because of the match up times...... thats why i thought but if it is that is amazing now i have even better chances at Worlds.
    we will find out ths weekend

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster700 View Post
    Anyone seen the adverts? They have brought back the EX cards!!
    28th February 2012, 12:16 PM

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ckxs4.gif[/IMG]
    ^ Click here to go to my shop!^
    ^Credits to Mew_

^ You can go to both. TCGs will be held the day before the VGCs, so you would probably have to get a hotel room if you're from out-of-state.

I have a question about the player ID required to compete. If I played in the autumn friendly does that mean I have a player or do I need to print something off the website to get my player ID?

Your player ID is the same number from your account on Pokemon.com which you need to be on the GBU.

Go to pokemon.com, log in, go to the My Play Pokemon tab that should be on the page youa re directed to. Yor player ID should be on that page.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Noxe View Post
    Your player ID is the same number from your account on Pokemon.com which you need to be on the GBU.

Go to pokemon.com, log in, go to the My Play Pokemon tab that should be on the page youa re directed to. Yor player ID should be on that page.
    Thanks dude

-thumbs up-

There's been a change in plans. It seems I'm going to the Spring VGCs in April after all. I'm not sad, but this will give me much more time to prepare.

Well vgc is right around the corner. Gl to everyone at there regionals, and hopefully we all make it to nats(im making nats either way though). Already got my hotel ready. During playtesting I haven't outright lost yet. All very close, and not that many(like 3), so I feel confident in making t16(even t4). I'll be at rhode island(im not sure anyone here is going there though :/.)
    Pokomanz achievements

-Vgc 10, and11: top32, and top16
    -Autumn friendly: 2003 rating(9thplace)
    -Vgc2012 RI 6th place(5-1)

Where do you think they'll hold the SouthEast Spring VGCs?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurvivor View Post
    Well vgc is right around the corner. Gl to everyone at there regionals, and hopefully we all make it to nats(im making nats either way though). Already got my hotel ready. During playtesting I haven't outright lost yet. All very close, and not that many(like 3), so I feel confident in making t16(even t4). I'll be at rhode island(im not sure anyone here is going there though :/.)
    Good luck to you to man. I hope we all do well, and I would love to get to nats. I'm shooting for t16 but it seems mattj has alot of faith in me so hopefully I don't disappoint >.>

Where do you think they'll hold the SouthEast Spring VGCs?
    Atlanta.
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

^ Still doesn't change the fact that he and his common Rain partner are walled by Gastrodon.
    Lol. I've never once had a problem with Gastrodon or any other water absorber in VGC '12 with any rain team. Just ignore it and kill the other mons. It isn't going to do anything. Then hit it with 2 HP Grass 70s. gg

I almost skipped a heart beat when I saw this thread, but then let out a sigh of relief when I confirmed that Seattle isn't one of the Autumn locations XD I participated last year (and in 06, but I was really young then...) with one of my friends, and am looking to do so again this year :3 We both lost out in the first round... but oh wells. It was all in good fun anyways~ Plus, this year, I'll be able to bring another of my friends who got black later this year, and my little cousin who got it in the spring right afterwards as well. No clue on what I'm gonna use on my team... I'm a complete noob to higher level battling XD Buuuut there's a whole half year to prepare, so it should be all good~

On the Meadow Event Park web site (Doswell, VA) it has November 12th and 13th listed as "Pokeman Championships." I had a good chuckle.
    DW females for trade:

Quote Originally Posted by RabidRaticate View Post
    On the Meadow Event Park web site (Doswell, VA) it has November 12th and 13th listed as "Pokeman Championships." I had a good chuckle.
    The regional championships for Doswell, VA is on the 12th and the 13th....

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456050
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

Red face

Noxe, trying to kill my joke.
    DW females for trade:

Noxe, trying to kill my joke.
    RAWRR I HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR!!!!

Lol, good catch. I never notice these things lol!!!
    Dear Professor Oak,
    P.S. Squirtle is fine

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast