Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Just had a word with an official Pokemon VGC guy.He said the rules are likely to come in late August early September :/

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
    Just had a word with an official Pokemon VGC guy.He said the rules are likely to come in late August early September :/
    Sweet! I'm a bit sad we have to wait so long, but at least we're getting something. Does 2013 topics still apply here though, since the thread does specify 2012? No offense, but TerraWolf doesn't seem terribly updated with the topics, and I'm thinking of trying to create a new thread for 2013, just cos I know that I will be updated and I will update the OP whenever new information comes through.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Pokemon Autumn VGC Regionals (October) official rules to remain the same as 2012 Spring Regionals, BW1 only. http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2306753&postcount=26

Pokemon Autumn VGC Regionals (October) official rules to remain the same as 2012 Spring Regionals, BW1 only. http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2306753&postcount=26
    Hahah makes sense. BW2 would have just come out. Do its safe to assume VGC 2013 is going to keep its ruleset from VGC2012, yeah?

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Hahah makes sense. BW2 would have just come out. Do its safe to assume VGC 2013 is going to keep its ruleset from VGC2012, yeah?
    Nothing is exactly sure yet,but yea probably it's gonna keep the same rules.Maybe after the release of B2/W2 they change something like let players compete with the new versions and let them use the new formes of Landorus,Thundurus and Tornadus.

Nothing is exactly sure yet,but yea probably it's gonna keep the same rules.Maybe after the release of B2/W2 they change something like let players compete with the new versions and let them use the new formes of Landorus,Thundurus and Tornadus.
    And the BW2 Move Tutors. A few people have been disqualified just cos the current judges are mostly TCG judges, know little about the VGC, and don't accept Pokemon from BW2. And the fact that there is now an official rule saying Pokemon from BW2 aren't allowed.

But maybe we'll see a mid-season shift in rules? I feel that holding Regionals for a format that won't be supported long term is a bit strange, but still possible?

Hey guys! I've revamped the first page! Hopefully we can get some more buzz going around!

Season 2013 is about to start! So, to start this year's season off, let's talk about the Finals match between Ray Rizzo and Wolfe Glick!

Well, I figured someone would talk about this but no one did, so I'm going to.

---

So, Worlds 2012 is now over, and our new Masters World Champion is, for the 3rd Year in a row, Ray Rizzo!!! As I'm sure you all knew. He faced off against Wolfe in the Finals, and after two matches, soundly defeated Wolfe. Toler Webb took his place as the Seniors World Champion, while Abram Burrows took the Juniors World Champion spot, but neither of these matches were publicized, thus my lack of knowledge of what happened with their matches.

Wolfe ran with , and played Cress, Heatran, Hitmontop, Thundurus and Terakkion throughout his matches.
    Ray ran with and played Cress, T-tar, Metagross, and Hydreigon both battles.
    Wolfe definitely ran a semi-standard, more rogue team this year compared to Ray's super standard team (superficially, or from an outside look). Both players had surprises up their sleeves, but Wolfe's was the most apparent; not many people run Heatran, and nobody plays Exeggutor.

I'm about to go on a long rant about each match, so I'm going to put them in Spoiler tags so that you can ignore it if you'd like. I'm mostly doing it so that you can get an analytic look at what exactly went on during each match. For educational purposes, if I may.

Spoiler:- Game 1 - Hax didn't get you very far:

Ray 1 - Wolfe 0

Spoiler:- Game 2 - Why did you attack that??:

Ray 2 - Wolfe 0; Ray is the Champion.

Throughout the match between Wolfe and Ray, you'll notice that Ray actually was in complete control of the entire battle, although if this is because of skill or Wolfe's nervousness is unknown (nor will it likely ever be known). Wolfe made quite a few bad calls throughout the matches, and these mistakes cost him dearly.

In short, my pick didn't win. None of my picks won actually. Cybertron lost Top 8 Seniors, Babytron lost Top 4 Juniors, and Wolfe lost finals. Ray was a semi-pick, but that's cos you should never vote Ray out, while the two Japanese players didn't fair well at all. They barely made Top Cut.

All in all, a very good Worlds this year. I love how they streamed the Finals matches for Masters, as well as the closing ceremonies. The commentators were ok; they were better at TCG than VGC, but meh. Hopefully they do better next year (although I'll take a live stream with bad commentary over no stream and good commentary any day).

I got to see the TCG Finals, then on the Second turn of the VGC, then server overloaded, or my computer's ability to play videos failed.
    now i know what happened in that match.

Anyhow, for the 2013 rules, in section 6. (move section) it list that those that learn a move via Event or Promotion is allowed.
    But what i want to know is if I'm allowed to use Pokemon from XD, Like say if I wanted to use my Arcanine with the special XD move Charm. or NosePass with Helping hand,ect.
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 20th August 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    I got to see the TCG Finals, then on the Second turn of the VGC, then server overloaded, or my computer's ability to play videos failed.
    now i know what happened in that match.

Anyhow, for the 2013 rules, in section 6. (move section) it list that those that learn a move via Event or Promotion is allowed.
    But what i want to know is if I'm allowed to use Pokemon from XD, Like say if I wanted to use my Arcanine with the special XD move Charm. or NosePass with Helping hand.
    Yeah, that's totally fine. If you've got that go for it. The only thing you'll have to worry about are the judges; after Marilland stopped being head judge, there have been a lot of problems in terms of judging for the VGC. Marilland kept the judges informed and let them know how things were. Now, however, most of the judges are actually TCG enthusiasts, and volunteered for the VGC as well. That's all fine and dandy until you realize that they don't really know much about the video game, and make bad calls based on their limited knowledge. Something that seems sketchy leads to an automatic DQ in many cases, regardless of your counter-argument.

So just be weary. It's not like this in all cases, but it's happening, at least it did in VGC 2012. I'd suggest just being careful.

Yeah, that's totally fine. If you've got that go for it. The only thing you'll have to worry about are the judges; after Marilland stopped being head judge, there have been a lot of problems in terms of judging for the VGC. Marilland kept the judges informed and let them know how things were. Now, however, most of the judges are actually TCG enthusiasts, and volunteered for the VGC as well. That's all fine and dandy until you realize that they don't really know much about the video game, and make bad calls based on their limited knowledge. Something that seems sketchy leads to an automatic DQ in many cases, regardless of your counter-argument.

So just be weary. It's not like this in all cases, but it's happening, at least it did in VGC 2012. I'd suggest just being careful.
    Ok. that's good to know.I didn't want to be disqualified for having those sort of Pokemon with moves that the Judges most-likely didn't know they could learn.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Ok. that's good to know.I didn't want to be disqualified for having those sort of Pokemon with moves that the Judges most-likely didn't know they could learn.
    Yeah, they shouldn't be a problem, unless you're particularly unlucky. (;

Hey guys! Updated the OP!

I've included a section for VGC RMTs, so if you want help/want to give help, it's there for you!

EDIT: I've also added some videos to the Worlds 2012 Coverage section
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 22nd August 2012 at 4:06 AM.

How is one supposed to prepare for a tournament when a game comes out 7 DAYS before the VGCs? Do the devs just expect you to have 20-odd shards on hand?

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    How is one supposed to prepare for a tournament when a game comes out 7 DAYS before the VGCs? Do the devs just expect you to have 20-odd shards on hand?
    Well, you can't even use Black 2 and White 2 for Regionals; it's B/W Pokemon Only, on Black and White Version Cartridges only. So they don't really expect you to. :P

So that means no B/W2 Move Tutors either.

^ohhhhhhhhhh. That's a big relief. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Input is appreciated.

^ohhhhhhhhhh. That's a big relief. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
    No problem! And your team is now in the OP, for everyone to see and rate. (:

Anyways, for the rest of you guys, there's a new Wi-Fi Tournament, styled after the VGC once again, called the Autumn Friendly (like last year's) announced. Anyone planning on participating? Let us know! I'm for sure doing it. (:

Does anyone even still check this thread?

I'm checking it out just now. Tyranitar is common in VGC, huh?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

I was researching what would be good rogue Pokemon to use in the VGC, and I was thinking about Persian. It has access to Hypnosis, Taunt, and Fake Out, and also has a good base 115 stat. What does everybody else think?
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    I'm checking it out just now. Tyranitar is common in VGC, huh?
    Extremely. Such great bulk (especially after Sand, since it doubles its already really good Sp.Def stat), counters weathe while still being an actually threatening Pokemon. Great STABs in Crunch and Rock Slide, and a movepool to do so much. Great in and out of Trick Room.

Honestly, how much better does it get?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    I was researching what would be good rogue Pokemon to use in the VGC, and I was thinking about Persian. It has access to Hypnosis, Taunt, and Fake Out, and also has a good base 115 stat. What does everybody else think?
    I wouldn't say no to it, but you have to be weary. Persian may be fast, but you are looking at a field with two opposing Pokemon. Persian can maybe stall out a turn with Fake Out, it will most likely leave you crippled turn 2. Hypnosis also has really shaky accuracy, meaning that 45% of the time, Persian will only be good enough to do 1 Fake Out. And in that case, you may as well go with Prankster Liepard; Priority Thunder Wave, Trick, Swagger, etc.

However, you could maybe run an all-out offensive Persian. Technician is really nice, but you will most likely be down one Pokemon early in the match.

I want to join, but I am still training my team D:.

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

I wouldn't say no to it, but you have to be weary. Persian may be fast, but you are looking at a field with two opposing Pokemon. Persian can maybe stall out a turn with Fake Out, it will most likely leave you crippled turn 2. Hypnosis also has really shaky accuracy, meaning that 45% of the time, Persian will only be good enough to do 1 Fake Out. And in that case, you may as well go with Prankster Liepard; Priority Thunder Wave, Trick, Swagger, etc.

However, you could maybe run an all-out offensive Persian. Technician is really nice, but you will most likely be down one Pokemon early in the match.
    I suppose you are correct. Persian may have a better run in singles. Besides, Persian's other stats are absolutely terrible.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

I posted this team not long ago. Can I have some input from you guys?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...3-gravity-team

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by a cat View Post
    I want to join, but I am still training my team D:.
    You still can! Regionals aren't until October, leaving you plenty of time to give it a look! And if anything, you could just go to the convention (Regionals) and just soak in the atmosphere. After all, how often are you going to get a bunch of Pokemon players together? It's an incredible experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    I suppose you are correct. Persian may have a better run in singles. Besides, Persian's other stats are absolutely terrible.
    Hahaha. Again, I mean, it's certainly doable, you'd just have to really work it into your strategy. If you don't need Persian, you're probably better off without it. But you could create a strategy around it, in order to get it going.

I posted this team not long ago. Can I have some input from you guys?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...3-gravity-team
    Any takers? I myself may take a look into it. (:

Hey guys! Got something new for all of you!

There's a new Damage Calculator in the OP, letting you specifically select VGC Styles of battling, as well as allowing you to run mass calculations at once! It's a really sweet tool to help you decide whether your team's EVs, IVs, and or Natures are up to snuff for what you're planning on running them for. You should definitely check it out!

Hi, I'm going to the VGC 2012 in Phillie on Oct. 14th. So can I use BW2 move tutor attacks that existed in 4th gen on a 4th gen pokemon and it be considered legit? Like earth power on gastrodon even if it learned in in BW2 it can be learned in 4th gen. So is it legit?

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast