Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales101 View Post
    ok, so I got a few months til next regional,and i've got a idea
    Slaking and Poke with worry seed
    poke uses worry seed on slaking.
    opponent pwnd
    (could use tha same for regigigas too...hmm...)
    Trust me it doesn't work. There was a guy at my reg who ran gastroacid+regigigas. Its just gimmicky. It'll give you a win or two, and thats about it.

Well I've been running my was gonna be vgc team, and might I say i've been getting amazing results. Usually all my teams end up being bulky scarf terrakion+amoonguss+psycic resist mainly a steel type like metagross or scizor(which is what I used at Autumn friendly, and this years vgc and is a tough combo to beat).

Well may I say lanturn is amazing rain counter, loves getting disharged, and well Doesn't mind getting hit by partner surfs. He's been the glue to my team recently, and i love leading rotom-g, and her(similar to the guy who used lanturn at vgc 2010 worlds). I usually just use double t-wave, or t-wave+surf which has been suprizingly helpful. My other pokemon in this team are(there are barely any speed ev's on these pokemon):

Quiet water gem Politoed-Gets rain up, and can come in if either lanturn or rotom get down and fire off a gemed surf.

Adamant life orb toxicroak: If your running politoed you must run toxi, and well toxi has amazing synergy with the team, and helps me use a fake out+t-wave combo.

Adamant haban berry garchomp-Adds to the synergy, and can freely absorb discharges from rotom, and lanturn respectively.

adamant flying Scizor: Another "comes with the politoed package pokemon". Scizor helps take out threats like drizzle teams have problems with namely latios, toxicroak, etc. He's even good just to use w/o politoed.

As I said earlier bulky pokemon is the best way to do vgc. Bulky pokemon+weather control(in this case politoed) is the way to go. Drizzle is also the best weather to use, and yea while Swift swimmers are good their just meh to me, and get beat badly by trickroom which well already slow pokemon don't have a problem with.

TL;DR: So yea bulky the best playstyle. Add weather and you got yourself a winning team.
    Pokomanz achievements

-Vgc 10, and11: top32, and top16
    -Autumn friendly: 2003 rating(9thplace)
    -Vgc2012 RI 6th place(5-1)

Hmm... I don't know if I'm going to compete in this year's World... But if I have time I think I might >
    Pokémon Black: Hilbert FC: 3268 0753 9102
    Pokémon White: Hilda FC: 0132 9560 8948
    Pokémon Black 2: Nate FC: 2538 1436 2477
    Pokémon Soul Silver: Ethan FC: 0648 3244 9999

Pokemon X Friend Safari Fire: Growlithe, Fletchinder, Pyroar
    PM me for 3DS Friend Code

::wonders if she looks as miserable as she feels:: I had the worst luck this weekend, but it saved me from getting slaughtered with my half finished team...

I woke up Saturday to find not 1, but TWO flats and have my mom tell me that No I most certainly may NOT borrow her car to go 4 hours to Orlando >

I guess I just wasn't meant to go to Fall as I then woke up Sunday with a fever :_(

The good thing about all this is that it gives me extra time to prepare for Spring - and I actually have a line on a dragon, now, so said team may be getting a tweak.

That guy with the Chomp needs his head examined..what was he thinking? As for that ghost: his behavior alone would be enough for a DQ under the Sportsmanship clause (namely that he lacked any)

If y'all will excuse me I need to go convalesce some more before I swap out my DW nappers. Laterz!
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

(ordinarily don't double up, but it's been like 2 weeks....)

Basic query: Can a team of "Relatively Superiors" do respectably well (maybe even win!) at VGC or do they need to be Outstandings? I would assume the EV'd stats be perfect, but what would be the bare minimum for the others?

Banette 30 Sept '11

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post

Basic query: Can a team of "Relatively Superiors" do respectably well (maybe even win!) at VGC or do they need to be Outstandings? I would assume the EV'd stats be perfect, but what would be the bare minimum for the others?
    I don't quite understand what you mean. ..?

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Not really, Anything can do well as long as you get the right IVs and/or nature and train them right. Sometimes, even the worst of natures and stats can give surprising results if trained right. My Gengar is Above average and has been a secret weapon of mine in the 2009 Championships, sadly Kingdra didn't help me survive the second round.

I got top 32 in 2010, and 16 in 11 with terrible iv's. Though after getting rng'd mons I gt 9th in AU, and 6th last november.

In summary if your saying their relatively superior you have a even better chance than my 10, and 11 peformance, but you MUST get 31 iv's in speed always. If you have a well-built team you can go as far as nats/worlds level.
    Pokomanz achievements

-Vgc 10, and11: top32, and top16
    -Autumn friendly: 2003 rating(9thplace)
    -Vgc2012 RI 6th place(5-1)

Wow...yeah, the gear guy rating is my mainstay coupled with the online IV calculator...I really wanted a team of outstandings, but I've been working almost three months trying to get an Outstanding Giga Drain-Harvest egg and I have 4 Outstanding Chlorophyll's with a box full of Relatively Superior Harvesters. So, yeah. Main concern was in getting slaughtered at VGC by someone who managed to get the Oustandings, but if even decents can make a respectable showing of it I'll just take my otherwise ideal Rel Sup (Modest with perfect SA and Speed ) and go breed the next teammate.

I was actually starting to lose sleep over those eggs and was dreaming of making me some omelets :P

Banette 30 Sept '11

Just wanted to let people know: If anyone feels like practicing for VGCs, feel free to VM me and ask for a battle. There are a lot of D/Cers out there and I'm sure you don't want to deal with them all the time. BTW, I'm going to post VGC Style videos every day. Every day at 3:00 p.m, I'll always put in a new video and replace the # code for yesterday's video with the new one for those who are interested in VGCs but can't find a good battle to learn from. The video #'s can be found in my sig.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 11th December 2011 at 1:35 AM.

hmm..seem to have lost that egg and now I have a decision to make....

serious/dozes/31 HP+Spe/rel sup with PKRS + HP grass - male
    modest/finicky/"fantastic" SA/rel sup with HP Bug - male
    modest/persistent/"fantastic" DF/rel sup with HP Fly - male

My ideal is Modest with 31 spe and there's a mate to the HP Fly one that is "fantastic" Spe, but they are identical in stats at lvl 15 except for the male being 1 point higher in Df. I figure I'll ev all three and see who comes out better, unless you more experienced battlers think I should just pick one....

(ps: RMT link in siggy)

Banette 30 Sept '11

can RNg's be used in VCG?
    and what does RNG mean?(i've seem to lost all definition of things)

Yes, RNG abused Pokemon can be used in the VGCs and are considered legal.

And, RNG is random number generator. People abuse this to obtain Pokemon with desired results. (right?) .-.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

pretty much, yeah: specialized stats or shiny seem to be the primary uses for it,. though I'm sure there are others. I'm content with SR when possible, breeding when better used, and chance for the rest

Banette 30 Sept '11

Hey all. Are any of you guys heading to the VGC in Birmingham UK?
    Masters has been moved to the morning with 8am registration
    I've been looking at trains and from London there aren't really any cheap options in the morning that will get me there in time. But there is a train on Friday night at 21:46 that arrives at the NEC just before Midnight, so the question I wanted to ask is if there is anyone else coming up who'd want to get together and travel up at that time so we can all camp the 8 hours til registration opens!! Play some matches and chat tactics . . .
    And very probably be the first in line

PM me if interested and hopefully we can get a group together.

::grr snarl snark:: Have to park offsite and PAY for hotel parking?!?!? Take Athens and move it back to Disney ::scowl::

And that's all after I have to drive nearly 12 hours to get up there.

Is there an Official Hotel for Georgia or do I have to wing it? If the latter: any suggestions from the locals?

Banette 30 Sept '11

I can finally honestly say that I'm ready for VGCs. After some frustrations with the previous team, I changed the team I had completely. I tested it in the RM, and it has only lost a few battles out of dozens. Some of those wins were even against the accursed Rain and Tailwind teams. The best part: No total legendaries like Cresselia and Latios were even used on this team. I think I'll make an RMT of it AFTER the tournament unlike what I did before.

Hey 2 questions regarding legality of pokemon and if they can pass Hack Check (I am not asking how to beat it/ get around it).

1. If a pokemon you get from PokeGts, that is from a downloaded file on pokecheck, is it legal for use (aka pass hack check)?

2. According to pokecheck one of my pokemon may have recieved (orange colored) hacked PokeRUs. Is it still usuable in the tournements (aka pass hack check) or do I need to get another?

@ShaoWeh on previous page: To get to worlds you need to win nats, to get to nats you gotta win regionals. Good luck with that (Sarcasm)
    Last edited by Madden610; 24th December 2011 at 2:29 AM.
    Smogon Battler and Proud of it!

If you tick me off get ready for a battle challenge.

Nats US is Open, so you don't have to win Regionals to go to Indy. Can't speak for the other countries, but I think they're Open for VGC as well. Worlds is by invite.

1. not a clue

2. I wouldn't chance it - GF/Nintendo's devices might be more sensitive and if ANY part flags it's liable to result in a DQ. I would suggest breeding another one and infecting it with that orange PKRS to use instead.

I'm not using any GTS mons since I can't be 100% on their origin, but I am using some of them to help breed my team.

Banette 30 Sept '11

I just suggest don't even use Pokecheck for Pokemon. at all. Any sign of hacking and you will be disqualified and thats not fun. I got my Pokemon for the 2011 Nats from some trusty RNG abusers on this site.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Nats US is Open, so you don't have to win Regionals to go to Indy. Can't speak for the other countries, but I think they're Open for VGC as well. Worlds is by invite.

1. not a clue

2. I wouldn't chance it - GF/Nintendo's devices might be more sensitive and if ANY part flags it's liable to result in a DQ. I would suggest breeding another one and infecting it with that orange PKRS to use instead.

I'm not using any GTS mons since I can't be 100% on their origin, but I am using some of them to help breed my team.
    *SuperFacepalm* Then why do they have LCQ for Nationals then, are you stupid and didn't realize this? (LCQ Means you have to either win there or you can't participate)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazikenGuy View Post
    I just suggest don't even use Pokecheck for Pokemon. at all. Any sign of hacking and you will be disqualified and thats not fun. I got my Pokemon for the 2011 Nats from some trusty RNG abusers on this site.
    Um what? Pokecheck allows me to check if a pokemon is hacked.....And yeah I got someone at nintendo to trade over wifi and check to see if my pokemon would pass, and guess what? They do.

Not for 2012 they don't...

"The Pokémon Video Game National Championships are sanctioned title events open to all players in good standing,"

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-...-series/video/

Pretty sure it's just for this year due to the new format. 2013 is expected to revert back to an invite only event.

And please do not call me stupid. It's juvenile and a55inine

Banette 30 Sept '11

Not for 2012 they don't...

"The Pokémon Video Game National Championships are sanctioned title events open to all players in good standing,"

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-...-series/video/

Pretty sure it's just for this year due to the new format. 2013 is expected to revert back to an invite only event.

And please do not call me stupid. It's juvenile and a55inine

Give me a little bit and I should be able to prove how your wrong (my computer has been acting up a bit witch is why I can't acess half a dozen poke websites besides this and Smogon)

It seems that you're now more likely to see anti-weather pokemon this year than the actual weather teams. I just got a Storm Drain Gastrodon the other day from the Trade Shops, and so far, it's been far more useful than my Metagross. It might be because he can actually use a Ground move well without hitting his allies. Landorus can do this too, but he doesn't have the useful Water immunity, can't really offer support outside of Sandstorm, and he's normally seen with physical moves. No wonder DeagleBeagle labeled Gastrodon as a High Tier threat in Doubles. One weakness whose attack type is rarely seen, gets boosts from all Water moves while keeping an immunity to them, bulky, gets Earth Power, resists Rock moves, takes 0 residual damage from Sandstorm (the sweepers of which tend to be weak to Water), AND can fit well on almost every team. Makes me wonder why he's 28th in usage stats...oh right, it's a pain to get him with Earth Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Madden610 View Post
    Um what? Pokecheck allows me to check if a pokemon is hacked.....And yeah I got someone at nintendo to trade over wifi and check to see if my pokemon would pass, and guess what? They do.
    If what you're doing is straight up downloading your pokemon from Pokecheck (as opposed to just hack checking your team), there will be a Premiere Ribbon attached to them. This makes it pretty obvious that you got it from Pokecheck, and as it can't normally have a Premiere Ribbon, it's technically a hack and pretty easy to catch.

I have claimed Giratina

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast