Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    Hi, I'm going to the VGC 2012 in Phillie on Oct. 14th. So can I use BW2 move tutor attacks that existed in 4th gen on a 4th gen pokemon and it be considered legit? Like earth power on gastrodon even if it learned in in BW2 it can be learned in 4th gen. So is it legit?
    That could be risky. The Pokemon would have to be bred in a 4th Gen game, brought upwards to BW/BW2, learn the move in BW2 as long as it's available in 4th Gen, and then trade it back to BW. It's almost more of a hassle than to just do it all in a 4th Gen game. :/

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    That could be risky. The Pokemon would have to be bred in a 4th Gen game, brought upwards to BW/BW2, learn the move in BW2 as long as it's available in 4th Gen, and then trade it back to BW. It's almost more of a hassle than to just do it all in a 4th Gen game. :/
    Speaking of which, how do the tournament coordinators check whether or not a Pokémon is acceptable for VGC? Obviously, you could look at a Pokémon's stats, movesets, and trainer memo, but I mean for the more elusive stuff like valid abilities for ability slots and such.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Speaking of which, how do the tournament coordinators check whether or not a Pokémon is acceptable for VGC? Obviously, you could look at a Pokémon's stats, movesets, and trainer memo, but I mean for the more elusive stuff like valid abilities for ability slots and such.
    Mostly random hack checks. Some people do get lucky, and make it through the first few rounds without getting caught, but you can call someone over and call someone out if they're using something illegal. If you plan on doing well though, they do check more thoroughly, especially since most of those games go up on the big screen.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Mostly random hack checks. Some people do get lucky, and make it through the first few rounds without getting caught, but you can call someone over and call someone out if they're using something illegal. If you plan on doing well though, they do check more thoroughly, especially since most of those games go up on the big screen.
    Generally, do the staff members care if a person uses a Pokémon with legal stats and moves, and with legal ribbons and trainer memo, but with the wrong ability slot for their (legal) ability or something? Like, if a Pokémon that is otherwise completely legitimate had Flash Fire on the 0-slot and Battle Armor on the 1-slot, and the PID of that Pokémon has the 1-slot but it has Flash Fire instead?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Generally, do the staff members care if a person uses a Pokémon with legal stats and moves, and with legal ribbons and trainer memo, but with the wrong ability slot for their (legal) ability or something? Like, if a Pokémon that is otherwise completely legitimate had Flash Fire on the 0-slot and Battle Armor on the 1-slot, and the PID of that Pokémon has the 1-slot but it has Flash Fire instead?
    Yes. If they feel if there is something up, they will disqualify the person. It's a bit of an imperfect system, as they sometimes accuse completely legit Pokemon for being hacked (with like Abilities, places it was hatched, moves, etc) but they know what isn't legal.

Ok. I have a Zapdos from 4th gen that I forgot to teach tailwind so I taught it to him on BW2. Do you think they'd catch that, or my metagross that was transfered over on 1/25/2000 by accident after the 4th gen RNG and my landorus that was RNG'd on 9/7/2013?

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 88~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Seedot(OR Horde)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

Ok. I have a Zapdos from 4th gen that I forgot to teach tailwind so I taught it to him on BW2. Do you think they'd catch that, or my metagross that was transfered over on 1/25/2000 by accident after the 4th gen RNG and my landorus that was RNG'd on 9/7/2013?
    I THINK that will be fine. I'm 100% not sure, but it should be fine. I mean, there is an adjustable clock. Although, to defuse any possible reasons for DQ, you might want to keep your clock's setting on present day in the future; if you plan on competing, you do not want these guys hounding you. The judges are pretty brutal.

I THINK that will be fine. I'm 100% not sure, but it should be fine. I mean, there is an adjustable clock. Although, to defuse any possible reasons for DQ, you might want to keep your clock's setting on present day in the future; if you plan on competing, you do not want these guys hounding you. The judges are pretty brutal.
    Yeah I understand. It wasn't me tho, the metagross was traded to me with that date, it was hack checked, and it IS a legit RNG. The date thing bothers me, so I'm thinking about getting a new metagross with ice punch in 4th gen by trading. Do you think it's worth it?

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 88~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Seedot(OR Horde)~}

Yeah I understand. It wasn't me tho, the metagross was traded to me with that date, it was hack checked, and it IS a legit RNG. The date thing bothers me, so I'm thinking about getting a new metagross with ice punch in 4th gen by trading. Do you think it's worth it?
    Sure! Metagross is a pretty good Pokemon in VGC, and having Metagross be your Dragon counter would be amazing!

Sure! Metagross is a pretty good Pokemon in VGC, and having Metagross be your Dragon counter would be amazing!
    Thank you. Can I have some advice on my tailwind team by the way or if I should keep it a tailwind team? Here is the link to the rate my team---->http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...d-doubles-team

My xat avvie (c) me

Thank you. Can I have some advice on my tailwind team by the way or if I should keep it a tailwind team? Here is the link to the rate my team---->http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...d-doubles-team
    Will look. (:

Anyways, posted some news for Regionals!

Apparently, participating in the Wi-Fi Tournaments (such as the Autumn Friendly) can get you a bye at Regionals if you do well. Certainly an interesting thing being included. Thoughts on this guys?

Will look. (:

Anyways, posted some news for Regionals!

Apparently, participating in the Wi-Fi Tournaments (such as the Autumn Friendly) can get you a bye at Regionals if you do well. Certainly an interesting thing being included. Thoughts on this guys?
    I think it's great for Nintendo and Pokemon to do that.
    If they did that in 11 i would have made it to the double elimination rounds.
    I think it'll encourage more people to participate and less the opponent disconnected messages.
    BTW on a totally different matter,Arcanine didn't do so well. I switched to My XD Refresh Salamence. The look on their faces when they toxic/burn/paralysis it and i refresh is probably shock to priceless.XD

Another thing. on WiFi I've been seeing less and less berries (chople,haban,kasib,ect.) being used.Lum and Sitrus are the only 2 i've seen on WiFi since mid August.
    I think it might effect some people's team building ideas. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 6th September 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    I think it's great for Nintendo and Pokemon to do that.
    If they did that in 11 i would have made it to the double elimination rounds.
    I think it'll encourage more people to participate and less the opponent disconnected messages.
    BTW on a totally different matter,Arcanine didn't do so well. I switched to My XD Refresh Salamence. The look on their faces when they toxic/burn/paralysis it and i refresh is probably shock to priceless.XD

Another thing. on WiFi I've been seeing less and less berries (chople,haban,kasib,ect.) being used.Lum and Sitrus are the only 2 i've seen on WiFi since mid August.
    I think it might effect some people's team building ideas. What do you guys think?
    Refresh Salamence. Wow. hahaha Now that's an idea I have not heard before, but it sounds pretty legit. It cures off Confusion as well, does it not?

As for the berries, from what I've gathered, it's due to the fact that Swagger and overall health have become more important than specific attacks. Most Pokemon can be EV trained to take specific hits, otherwise, it's a better idea to switch out as opposed to just staying in. Speaking of staying in, that's another big reason. Switching has gotten much more popular this season. Instead of leaving your Tyranitar to take that SE Close Combat from Terrakion, why not just switch in your Cresselia? If it's Choiced, that Terrakion is screwed, and stuck with Close Combat. If not, Cress will be able to just KO with Psychic/Psyshock anyways. Why leave your Pokemon in to take a move it isn't likely to take well?

EDIT: New teams were added to the RMT section! Give your fellow VGC players some help, and discuss team strategies amongst each other!
    Long Live the Reckless and the Brave! - jstinftw!
    VGC 2012 Phillie tailwind doubles team - lavaburst14
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 7th September 2012 at 7:07 PM.

Refresh Salamence. Wow. hahaha Now that's an idea I have not heard before, but it sounds pretty legit. It cures off Confusion as well, does it not?

As for the berries, from what I've gathered, it's due to the fact that Swagger and overall health have become more important than specific attacks. Most Pokemon can be EV trained to take specific hits, otherwise, it's a better idea to switch out as opposed to just staying in. Speaking of staying in, that's another big reason. Switching has gotten much more popular this season. Instead of leaving your Tyranitar to take that SE Close Combat from Terrakion, why not just switch in your Cresselia? If it's Choiced, that Terrakion is screwed, and stuck with Close Combat. If not, Cress will be able to just KO with Psychic/Psyshock anyways. Why leave your Pokemon in to take a move it isn't likely to take well?

EDIT: New teams were added to the RMT section! Give your fellow VGC players some help, and discuss team strategies amongst each other!
    Long Live the Reckless and the Brave! - jstinftw!
    VGC 2012 Phillie tailwind doubles team - lavaburst14
    Unfortunately, no it doesn't heal confusion. but if i spend my time working on my XD more, i can get a Heal Bell Dragonite, and heal bell heals ALL stat problems/conditions for it and ALL my other pokemon on my team during the battle.

Unfortunately, no it doesn't heal confusion. but if i spend my time working on my XD more, i can get a Heal Bell Dragonite, and heal bell heals ALL stat problems/conditions for it and ALL my other pokemon on my team during the battle.
    Oooh that sounds very cool. Hahahah. Unfortunately, no Multiscale.

Oooh that sounds very cool. Hahahah. Unfortunately, no Multiscale.
    Yep, that is unfortunate. If only GF made a XD2....then multiscale, healbell dragonite or moxie, refresh sala. imaging what that would do to VGC.

Yep, that is unfortunate. If only GF made a XD2....then multiscale, healbell dragonite or moxie, refresh sala. imaging what that would do to VGC.
    Hahaha! Right? Ugh. That would be crazy. Interesting possible premises for an XD2 though, what with the Dream World. The Special moves would be crazy if some key Pokemon got something cool too.

Hahaha! Right? Ugh. That would be crazy. Interesting possible premises for an XD2 though, what with the Dream World. The Special moves would be crazy if some key Pokemon got something cool too.
    Yes,that would be rather crazy.
    I remember reading a post somewhere about some guy/gal sent an email to Masuda about RSE remakes.The amazing thing was he/she actually got a reply back from Masuda, it said something along the lines of this-Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are some of my favorite games in the Pokemon series, I'll take this remake thought into consideration.

The amazing thing is he said he'd take it into consideration. Now not saying that 3rd gen remakes are gonna come out or anything like that, but how would along with those (if they come out) a XD2 came out?that would be interesting for the meta-game.

And with that, the Autumn Friendly is officially over! Hopefully everyone got in some decent VGC Practice throughout the tourney; I know I did!

Click here to go to the Autumn Friendly thread, to see the discussion which unfolded. (:

Dang according to what I saw this years autumn friendly was fierce I failed to attempt to register and I have new team as well, I have 2 spots I still need to fill, I have the current pokemon for my team Can I ask for someone to help me add 2 members and possibly change someone on the team thanks I'm trying for an all shiny team and I only have about 23 pokemon that are fully EV trained so I'm somewhat limited I may add a shiny magic guard alakazam eventually when I get another clone again

Sassy
    Regenerator
    Item : black sludge
    Synthesis
    Rage powder
    Giga drain
    Spore

Adamant
    Justified
    Item : life orb
    Bullet punch
    Hi jump kick
    Blaze kick
    Stone edge

Timid
    Levitate
    Item : dragon gem I think
    Psyshock
    Calm mind
    Surf (going to change)
    Dragon pulse

Docile (got from trade)
    Pressure
    Item : ice gem
    Shadow claw
    Beat up
    Ice shard
    Low sweep
    Forgive me if I put the wroong pictures I'm in school now and can't remember what pokemon is what number but my team so far is latios, amoonguss, lucario, and weavile so far thanks guys I appreciate the help that I may get
    Edit : j probably can't go to the VGC13 event as usual, so I will miss out, dang and it looks like it will be so cool and fun
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 25th September 2012 at 9:27 PM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask, but does anyone know if there are going to be vgc regionals/nationals in the UK for 2013? I couldn't find any info online?

I collect shiny latias', and will trade well for ut ones. looking for all the different natures, please pm me!

Unhappy This is probably a lot to ask but I'm going for it.

I really really want to put a Therian Landorus on my VGC 2013 team (provided Black 2 and White 2 are mandated) but I don't have a 3DS. I'm more than willing to hack/use AR to get the Reveal Glass, but does anyone know of an illicit way to get it that (probably) won't get me in trouble during a VGC hack check?
    Last edited by RabidRaticate; 4th January 2013 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Shortened it. Dramatically.

Maybe someone here will know this answer rather than the Ask Questions thread:

Question about the Indianapolis stuff which I guess is the national tournament:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokem...championships/

Will someone who hasn't qualified be able to compete as if it was one of the regional tournaments?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

How do a load of people have shinies (especially legendaries) is it when a shiny has an egg it is shiny 2?
    Why do I have a rain team? Because in Ireland It never stops Raining!

I NEED A TIMID TORNADRUS

Kanto team:
    Johto team:
    Hoenn team:
    Sinnoh team:
    Unova team:

Training:

Black 2 friend code: 3182 4021 0017

I offer Pokérus and Dream radar pokemon Pm me if you want 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 247Rain View Post
    How do a load of people have shinies (especially legendaries) is it when a shiny has an egg it is shiny 2?
    Nope, hatching an egg from a shiny won't change the odds of the newborn being shiny either.

Most people probably get shinies by taking advantage of the random number generator, which controls if you're pokemon is shiny, what nature it has, and what it's individual values(IVs) are.

Pretty much, it take the luck out of finding these things. It does make it so if the shiny is worth anything as a shiny debatable, though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast