Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Hey all!

I've gotten so busy lately, what with running a Pokemon Podcast, guesting on another Pokemon Podcast, increased workloads and actually playing Pokemon (BW2), so I've unfortunately had to neglect the thread (and SPPF in general). I will update the OP soon, with some RMTs and VGC News. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I'll answer some of the questions asked!

Quote Originally Posted by RabidRaticate View Post
    I really really want to put a Therian Landorus on my VGC 2013 team (provided Black 2 and White 2 are mandated) but I don't have a 3DS. I'm more than willing to hack/use AR to get the Reveal Glass, but does anyone know of an illicit way to get it that (probably) won't get me in trouble during a VGC hack check?
    DO NOT HACK. That will get you kicked out of the tournament permanently. Your best bet is to find someone willing to trade. Or get a 3DS. Christmas gift maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Maybe someone here will know this answer rather than the Ask Questions thread:

Question about the Indianapolis stuff which I guess is the national tournament:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokem...championships/

Will someone who hasn't qualified be able to compete as if it was one of the regional tournaments?
    Yes. Regionals and Nationals are still free-game to everyone. You only need to qualify for Worlds; this however would require you to participate in Regionals, Wi-Fi Tournaments, and Nationals, in order to get enough Champion Points to be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by 247Rain View Post
    How do a load of people have shinies (especially legendaries) is it when a shiny has an egg it is shiny 2?
    As Zachmach said, yeah. It's not like that. The most reliable way to do it without hacking is to RNG, which involves a bunch of numbers and such. You need a special program to help you, but that's still possibly time consuming, not to mention some people have some problems with it. It's completely legitimate though.

Also, there's the Shiny Charm that you get when you complete the National Dex in BW2. That increases chances, so if you're not into/cannot RNG, you can just tough it out and do it the long way, which has gotten significantly shorter.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    DO NOT HACK. That will get you kicked out of the tournament permanently. Your best bet is to find someone willing to trade. Or get a 3DS. Christmas gift maybe?
    You can't trade Therian forms, right? I haven't tried but that's what I hear. Otherwise this would be much much simpler.

Also, I'm not buying a 3DS just for a pokémon with slightly more preferable stats and a better nature. That would be crazy. I mean, I suppose it'll have some uses down the road. They're bound to start creating pokémon games exclusively for the 3DS eventually. But now I'm broke.
    Last edited by RabidRaticate; 4th January 2013 at 4:09 PM.

You can't trade Therian forms, right? I haven't tried but that's what I hear. Otherwise this would be much much simpler.

Also, I'm not buying a 3DS just for a pokémon with slightly more preferable stats and a better nature. That would be crazy. I mean, I suppose it'll have some uses down the road. They're bound to start creating pokémon games exclusively for the 3DS eventually. But now I'm broke.
    You can trade therians from a b/w2 to another b/w2, however not to the original bw games.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    You can trade therians from a b/w2 to another b/w2, however not to the original bw games.
    Wait, are you serious? I can trade my Landorus to someone with a reveal glass, change it to therian form, and change it back? This would be spectacular. Someone needs to second this right away, because I was pretty sure you couldn't do it.

Also, does anyone know what the times are like for January 20th?

For January 20th, if all of them follow the same timing as the southern CA regional:

Registration for Round 1 both days opens at 8:00 am and closes at 9:45 am
    The Video Game (VG) Championship player's meeting begins at 10:00 am sharp Sunday morning

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

VGC is a physical tournament, right? So I can only participate if I'm near those few cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Spirit Raina View Post
    VGC is a physical tournament, right? So I can only participate if I'm near those few cities?
    Correct.

As far as the time, I was able to glean that much information from the website (although registration ends at 9:30 in Virginia) but traditionally masters registration and consequently the competition has been later. Do masters still have to register in that early time slot even though their battles start later than the juniors and seniors?

Correct.

As far as the time, I was able to glean that much information from the website (although registration ends at 9:30 in Virginia) but traditionally masters registration and consequently the competition has been later. Do masters still have to register in that early time slot even though their battles start later than the juniors and seniors?
    Im pretty sure it's still like that, but ill have to check.

Correct.

Yes, all registrations take place at the same time.

I've finally updated the front page. Regionals next week! How's everyone doing? Everyone ready?

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

I wanted to use my TerraCott team on the next tourney, but I don't have any of those pokemon in game. Well, as doubles are likely to remain as Nintendo's official battle format, I'll just keep the team until next year and then see what threats come up next gen, and then get ready for them.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Yo, thanks for putting on my team, though sadly it isn't one of the best and I might have to retrain the same pokemon by powerhousing and hopefully having better stats, and if legends like Dialga and Palkia are actually allowed this time around, that full 31 flawless team that is RNGd sounds even more tempting, seeing as how bad I've been going down so far with this team.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    I wanted to use my TerraCott team on the next tourney, but I don't have any of those pokemon in game. Well, as doubles are likely to remain as Nintendo's official battle format, I'll just keep the team until next year and then see what threats come up next gen, and then get ready for them.
    There's still Spring Regionals and Nationals though? Or you can breed up real quick. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Yo, thanks for putting on my team, though sadly it isn't one of the best and I might have to retrain the same pokemon by powerhousing and hopefully having better stats, and if legends like Dialga and Palkia are actually allowed this time around, that full 31 flawless team that is RNGd sounds even more tempting, seeing as how bad I've been going down so far with this team.
    I don't think I don't think Legendaries are going to be a thing. Why not just reconstruct a team with a different strategy in mind? Look at a few of the other RMTs to get an idea of how Doubles teams are built, read the comments to see what people suggested, etc? No need to stoop so low that you think you need to use ultra strong Pokemon to win. (:

There's still Spring Regionals and Nationals though? Or you can breed up real quick. xD

I don't think I don't think Legendaries are going to be a thing. Why not just reconstruct a team with a different strategy in mind? Look at a few of the other RMTs to get an idea of how Doubles teams are built, read the comments to see what people suggested, etc? No need to stoop so low that you think you need to use ultra strong Pokemon to win. (:
    Well, it not really the strategy that's getting me down, it's more like their weaknesses. EQ has been OHKOing my Lucario and Rhyperior, while other pokemon seem to survive my Dragonite despite attack being one of it's best stats and having the Choice Band. As for my Milotic, she can survive for a couple turns, and for some odd reason, using my Serperior is completely out of the question, with it being somehow unable outrun pokemon that probably have less speed than it, and it's actual stats aren't really helping it, but she's somehow really strong when she uses her STAB Leaf Blade, despite attack being normal, close to lackluster. I'm currently making changes though as we speak.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Well, it not really the strategy that's getting me down, it's more like their weaknesses. EQ has been OHKOing my Lucario and Rhyperior, while other pokemon seem to survive my Dragonite despite attack being one of it's best stats and having the Choice Band. As for my Milotic, she can survive for a couple turns, and for some odd reason, using my Serperior is completely out of the question, with it being somehow unable outrun pokemon that probably have less speed than it, and it's actual stats aren't really helping it, but she's somehow really strong when she uses her STAB Leaf Blade, despite attack being normal, close to lackluster. I'm currently making changes though as we speak.
    Well, EQ is a pretty bad-A move. Lucario is by no means bulky, frankly, anything that it doesn't resist is more likely to take out most of its health anyways. As for Rhyperior, you should probably go for Solid Rock if you want to survive, but EQ isn't even common. Dragonite isn't the biggest threat, to be honest, since it's really easy to counter. Slower than most Dragons, and honestly, VGC is a very bulky metagame. They pump their Pokemon with HP EVs to survive certain KOs. Choice items also aren't the best idea in VGC, as it severely limits you. Also, Serperior is not very good Attack-wise.

Anyways, going back to your RMT, I think you need to go take another look at EVs, as I don't think you have a solid grasp on it. That can be very problematic for you.

Regionals in 3 days

after looking over my team, i edited it and created a new one sorta:

Politoad
    Ludicolo
    Hydreigon
    Garchomp
    Breeloom
    Cresselia

You guys see any thing notable, like is it good, or too much ice weakness?
    ect.

Thanks for the help.

To be honest, you really don't need a flawless team to do well at the VGCs. I went in with a Metal Sound, Choice Band Bisharp in 2011 (anda team of bred Pokemon that had 3 flawless IVs... max) and ended up getting top 4 in the regional. It's coming up really close to the day of the regional, so if you guys are realllly in need of some Pokemon, I can try to help you guys out with that.

And, of course, good luck to all of you guys participating this weekend! Remember to enjoy the event and get that cloyster ;D
    After all, there is more to this event than winning the top prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    To be honest, you really don't need a flawless team to do well at the VGCs. I went in with a Metal Sound, Choice Band Bisharp in 2011 (anda team of bred Pokemon that had 3 flawless IVs... max) and ended up getting top 4 in the regional. It's coming up really close to the day of the regional, so if you guys are realllly in need of some Pokemon, I can try to help you guys out with that.

And, of course, good luck to all of you guys participating this weekend! Remember to enjoy the event and get that cloyster ;D
    After all, there is more to this event than winning the top prize.
    Do you think you could help me get ahold of a Scizor with bullet punch/ bug bite and technician? i tested my team out a bit and breeloom is getting destroyed quite a bit.
    thanks in advance, lol
    and if not it's fine, ill try to breed one as fast as i can.

Lucky you! I actually have one
    Hope you don't mind it being shiny.
    I've actually got 2:
    one is battle ready with 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe knowing Acrobatics, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Protect
    And, there is another UT one.

Yes, all registrations take place at the same time.
    Really? Nugget Bridge begs to differ:

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic...ary-20th-2013/

I mean, I don't know what their source is, but seperate registration for juniors/seniors and masters is how they've done it in the past so I'm much more inclined to believe Nugget Bridge. Also, this site shows the time slot 8:00 to 9:30 as junior/senior registration, leading me to believe they are seperate registrations and they're just not showing the masters time slot for some reason:

https://sites.google.com/site/virgin...vent/cycle1213

Is it explicitly stated anywhere that everyone registers during the 8:00-9:30 time slot or are you just making assumptions? I'll be two and a half hours away from the event and I'm in the masters class. I'm fine getting up at 6 AM to register at 9 and then waiting around as the juniors/seniors compete if I have to, but if masters registration is at 11 then I'd strongly prefer to sleep in and not waste the time.
    Last edited by RabidRaticate; 16th January 2013 at 3:39 PM.

Really? Nugget Bridge begs to differ:

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic...ary-20th-2013/

I mean, I don't know what their source is, but seperate registration for juniors/seniors and masters is how they've done it in the past so I'm much more inclined to believe Nugget Bridge. Also, this site shows the time slot 8:00 to 9:30 as junior/senior registration, leading me to believe they are seperate registrations and they're just not showing the masters time slot for some reason:

https://sites.google.com/site/virgin...vent/cycle1213

Is it explicitly stated anywhere that everyone registers during the 8:00-9:30 time slot or are you just making assumptions? I'll be two and a half hours away from the event and I'm in the masters class. I'm fine getting up at 6 AM to register at 9 and then waiting around as the juniors/seniors compete if I have to, but if masters registration is at 11 then I'd strongly prefer to sleep in and not waste the time.
    Oh, well. Go with what they said. I'm basing my answer off of previous years, my bad. xP

Oh, well. Go with what they said. I'm basing my answer off of previous years, my bad. xP
    Oh I thought they've always seperated registration times. I guess I'm completely oblivious.

Lucky you! I actually have one
    Hope you don't mind it being shiny.
    I've actually got 2:
    one is battle ready with 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe knowing Acrobatics, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Protect
    And, there is another UT one.
    that one with acrobatics would be awesome!....what do you want for it..xD
    2/3 days til VGC woohoo

Hey guys!

The registrations for the 2013 International Challenge have gone live!
    That means, another discussion thread on Serebii!
    You can find that thread by clicking on this link!

Are you guys participating as well?
    This is a great way to get a few of those all important Championship Points!
    You can also get some great practice in!
    Don't forget to fill out the SPPF Registration form!
    I promise to be more on top of those, so I can get everyone's up!
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 17th January 2013 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    that one with acrobatics would be awesome!....what do you want for it..xD
    2/3 days til VGC woohoo
    I'd LOVE if you can get me one of the Pokemon from my RMT except the Tyranitar. But, I'd be willing to give that Scizor to you for free if you do not have anything from my RMT

Hey guys!

The registrations for the 2013 International Challenge have gone live!
    That means, another discussion thread on Serebii!
    You can find that thread by clicking on this link!

Are you guys participating as well?
    This is a great way to get a few of those all important Championship Points!
    You can also get some great practice in!
    Don't forget to fill out the SPPF Registration form!
    I promise to be more on top of those, so I can get everyone's up!
    And, YES YES YES
    I'm pretty psyched for this one, but SATs, and a few other things will get in the way this time :'(
    But, I'll enter, and hopefully get the championship points!

I'd LOVE if you can get me one of the Pokemon from my RMT except the Tyranitar. But, I'd be willing to give that Scizor to you for free if you do not have anything from my RMT

And, YES YES YES
    I'm pretty psyched for this one, but SATs, and a few other things will get in the way this time :'(
    But, I'll enter, and hopefully get the championship points!
    Unfortunatly i do not have any of those, but i might have a moxie carp or a sableye dw somewhere,ect, as a thanks.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast