Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

No, they already took place... this was the Smogon thread for it.
    2012 Wi-Fi International Challenge Champion
    2011 East Regional VGC Seniors Champion
    2011 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion
    2012 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo32 View Post
    No, the 2012 ones are in Crestwood
    lol, yeah, I mean... I was there

I tried making a topic for this but it would appear that it wasn't approved by the mods. It's just a vgc analysis a typed up for Luxray. I hope you guys appreciate it.

Luxray @ Sitrus berry/Shuca berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Calm/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 6 D/ 252 SD

Light Screen
    Snarl
    Volt Switch/Thunder/discharge
    Protect

Luxray works surprisingly well as special wall; the best part is that it also supports your partner's special defense. Intimidate provides additional physical defensive support. Snarl is used to hit both pokemon and lower their special attack; snarl can be key to breaking sashes. Volt switch is used to bring pokemon you wouldn't switch in; Luxray's speed isn't great so you'll be taking advantage of the fact that it will be moving later. Thunder can be used instead as a means to counter rain but I prefer volt switch. Protect is a staple in doubles battles.

Luxray needs a friend when leading in battle and there are 2 pokemon that come to mind: Hitmontop or Sableye.

Hitmontop: Provides fake out support, a second intimidate makes your opponents start off with -2 attack (most of the time), wide guard to protect against the dreaded earthquakes.

Sableye: Provides fake out support, priority support moves, will o wisp to neuter your opponent physicaly, trick+lagging tail if you want luxray to move before a specific pokemon.

Anyone who is undecided about VGC regionals better hurry up and decide...

Only 8 weeks left to Regionals and about 20 weeks to Nationals!
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    Anyone who is undecided about VGC regionals better hurry up and decide...

Only 8 weeks left to Regionals and about 20 weeks to Nationals!

Only good thing regionals are for is testing a team idea and potentially getting high enough to get byes for early round in nationals.

Seeing as how you don't need an invite it won't really matter if you go to a regional before nationals, all it really does is help boost confidence if your nervous I guess.

Any one know the tournement fomat for Nationals? Single Elimination? The type were you play someone with the same amount of loses as you (Not a big man of but what ev)?
    Smogon Battler and Proud of it!

If you tick me off get ready for a battle challenge.

Official Site says Swiss Pairings for Spring as of 3 Jan 2011 update. Nats isn't posted, yet, but I would expect the same (Swiss is that one with the same win/loss pairings)

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokem...championships/
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Can't wait for vgc.

i've found a team that works for me, but there is one thing i cant find.

i know you can get chople berries in DW, but where?

From what I understand (correct me if I am wrong), but it is impossible to get a Chople Berry. The only way you can get it is by Bunneary/ Loppuny, but I'm pretty sure you can't find either in B/W. As for now, there are no Dream World areas that have Chople Berries.

I tried to find one a while back, but I did my research... I can be wrong.
    Last edited by Shreyas; 21st February 2012 at 7:59 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

no you can get chople berries,

When you first sign up to the Dream World, you are given 5 of one type of attack-type reduction berry, you are suppose to plant them and trade them on your share shelf to get all 17 types of them,

i managed to find one just by scouring other peoples share shelfs for ages, you should come across onem or just trade for one!
    FC Platinum: 4770 1317 0969
    FC White: 0862 6189 3722

Quote Originally Posted by Mycul99 View Post
    no you can get chople berries,

When you first sign up to the Dream World, you are given 5 of one type of attack-type reduction berry, you are suppose to plant them and trade them on your share shelf to get all 17 types of them,

i managed to find one just by scouring other peoples share shelfs for ages, you should come across onem or just trade for one!
    I'm going to go on a hunt for that berry someday. :I

Ok, so I finally managed to put together a VGCs team, so PM or VM me if you would like to battle, and I will not deny any VGCs battles

I just got 3 chople berries

Vgc in birmingham tommorow! C all u serebii members participating there!
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A very, very special credit to Rayce for giving me a timid thunderus ( the milos island one too.) after seeking it for half a year. He really did bend over backwards to get it to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

BARRELS! >:-(
    Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...or-Swift-Club)

This is mine and liz azzimagicas taylor swift fan club!

If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Me,Liz azzimagica,doodlebug and dr ciel are the taylor swift fans of serebii!
    4857 4427 2582: FC for white 2

Anyone here going to participate in the 2012 International Challenge Tournament? Since the rules are the same, it'd be good practice for VGCs.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I got Top 4 in UK seniors
    Ladder Peaks
    1v1-1/Standard Ubers-2/Standard OU-7/CAP-1/Dream World Ubers-1
    AKA Plusle on Smogon--Member of Team Serebii for Forum Invatational

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/15mb492.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Anyone here going to participate in the 2012 International Challenge Tournament? Since the rules are the same, it'd be good practice for VGCs.
    Already guaranteed a spot. My cousin is always up at like midnight so he's just gonna sign me up real simple and bam. Easy practice for VGCs. But no one real gives a hoot because of all the idiot dc'ers.

Well another VGC and another disaster for me
    After leaving on Friday night I arrived in Birmingham at 1:30am and after sitting in the Airport with 2 guys (James and Matt from Preston) who I met there we made our way to the NEC at 4am!!! No sleep and lots of queuing all seem such a waste of time as by 8:45am I'd already been knocked out.
    Got paired with a guy who made the final 16 last year, and despite me having spent all year learning to RNG and breeding a flawless team I got owned without even knocking one of his Pokes out. So Gutted!!!

The only consolation was that my team did own everyone I played in the Knockout Tournament that runs on the other side of the hall.

I downloaded 5 Shiny Larvitars and tried RNG'ing one while I was there, got 31/31/31/31/*/* so not bad.

After travelling all the way from Essex, staying over night in a campervan, getting up at 4am, was near the queue, nature calling before we were called in, coming out to find the line was moving, cutting the middle of the line "GAAASP!"....

I passed 1st round with my Whim last standing with 3HP and poisoned, but I was knocked out in the 2nd round God damn Sporing Smeargle (being faster than my Whim!) destroying most of my team. I would have took out Garchomp if I was awake enough to use Ice Beam instead of Dragon Pulse, but since it used Outrage and didn't automatically use a berry, I assumed it had another berry to weaken Ice attacks.

Either way, at least I didn't get knocked out in the 1st round. I presume that's everyone's first objective :P But downloaded two Larvitars (Black and White I had on me) so not a complete loss for everyone. I didn't stay for the Master's Final. Trying to find a Youtube vid of it. Anyway, HERE'S TO NEXT YEAR!

Here is the final VGC battle! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNjnQVddFY

I was there, my sandstorm team got through to the second round. I only finished it the night before so it was untested.

MSK, how did you IV-check your Pokemon at the VGCs?

Congrats to Ben and of course, Ruben. I never thought his Gary Oak themed team was going to make it real far, but damn it did.

There's always a ton of smogonites there, aren't there?

And MSK, how did you RNG it right there?
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Hi guys

Well I'd already found my seed on Reporter before I went, so I'd jotted down everything I needed to hit it etc. Just wasn't expecting it to be a locked Adamant nature as Serebii had said it was random nature
    So I hit my seed and it came out Adamant with the right numbers on the stats but when I took it to the guy in Gear Station he told me it only had 31's in the first 4 stats. Turns out I'd missed my PID by 2 frames but I saved by then so just have to hit it again with the other one I picked up. (In case you're wondering I got it on my spare White Cart so I reset after trading it off to download a 2nd)

Edit: My mistake. Wrong thread. Sorry.
    Last edited by Sumanuil; 27th March 2012 at 3:40 AM.

Wasn't Reuben the guy that got disqualified unfairly later that day for an incident at the hotel that his friends caused?

US Regionals in 4 days, everyone prepared?

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Sure hope so. It was awkward having a huge lastname at nationals last year, and it definitely will be as awkward this time~ atleast it'll be easier to find my name...

Anyway, good luck to everyone participating, and may the odds ever be in your favor!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast