Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Well done to Ben Kyriakou for winning the UK qualifier yesterday! I would love to see the battles, I couldn't make it as I was studying for exams, goo dluck to him and all the other contestants who qualified, hope uk win in Vancouver!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    To catch anyone that may have gotten passed the screening process. There are ways to make your Pokemon look legit, so they do this to make sure double check and make sure that the players are being as fair as possible.
    The screening process is like the random matchup checker, right? And, other than PID and IVs and EVs, what do they check? I want to know this for my information if I can participate in VGC. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by madarauchiha97 View Post
    The screening process is like the random matchup checker, right? And, other than PID and IVs and EVs, what do they check? I want to know this for my information if I can participate in VGC. Thank you
    They check for move compatibility, as in you won't be able to go into a VGC event with a DW Venusaur knowing Power Whip, for example. Really, the best way to pass is to get them all yourself, legitimately, from your own game.

I understand. I've browsed many of VGC threads in many webs and they say that legal pokemons are also allowed. This is my last question for the VGC, how to check the legality of your Pokemons? Thank you and sorry for disturbing

You can use Pokecheck, which is more accurate that the actual hack checkers the competitions use (sad, I know). Do note that asking for any advice on hacking Pokemon will get you banned from the shoutbox, and the community tends to frown upon hacking.

Is any body take part in the globe showdown next week
    Hello I own Pokemon white 2 friend code 2666 9991 5159 players name Eve am looking trade here as a breeder and battler

Quote Originally Posted by Zerogamer View Post
    Is any body take part in the globe showdown next week
    I'm actually planning on doing it! jstinftw will probably post a thread about it soon, so keep an eye out for it

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quick question: can those NOT competing attend the VGCs? The official site seems to confirm this but I'd like to make sure from anyone who has actually been there. I'm from BC and I'd hate to make the trip over to Vancouver and find out I can't get in.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
    Quick question: can those NOT competing attend the VGCs? The official site seems to confirm this but I'd like to make sure from anyone who has actually been there. I'm from BC and I'd hate to make the trip over to Vancouver and find out I can't get in.
    Yes you can! Especially at Worlds. I'm not sure what your restrictions are, if there are any, but you definitely can just go over and spectate/participate in the side events and buy Pokemon swag. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Yes you can! Especially at Worlds. I'm not sure what your restrictions are, if there are any, but you definitely can just go over and spectate/participate in the side events and buy Pokemon swag. (:
    Ah, thanks! Just wanted to make sure. Should be fun, I've never been to a VGC before.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
    Ah, thanks! Just wanted to make sure. Should be fun, I've never been to a VGC before.
    It's the best! Try to make some friends over there! That's really the best part of VGC; it's an online community that actually has chances to meet up! Plus, if you're interested, you can get some people to help you out.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516