Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 386

Thread: Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit456 View Post
    That sounds a lot like mine, except everyone battled 5 times instead of 7.

    Well, at least you won. Someone I battled had a hacked Jellicent (he was using Rain team). I have no idea how he didn't get caught. I was using a bulky Sand team and won, but the guy got pissed off and forfeited. O_o
    How was the Jellicent hacked? It's not like it had Swift Swim.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    At mine everyone battled 7 times and you get paired up with people who have the same record as you. After all the battles they calculate the who wins based on record. If there were people tied they factored in your opponents record and your opponents opponents record.

    I got someone disqualified for using a dw garchomp. I should've waited until the battle was over to say something because I did go on to win the battle. I just couldn't resist; I literally threw a fit when I saw rough skin go off. The guy should've been disqualified for being an idiot who would run dw garchomp next to tyranitar.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    At mine everyone battled 7 times and you get paired up with people who have the same record as you. After all the battles they calculate the who wins based on record. If there were people tied they factored in your opponents record and your opponents opponents record.

    I got someone disqualified for using a dw garchomp. I should've waited until the battle was over to say something because I did go on to win the battle. I just couldn't resist; I literally threw a fit when I saw rough skin go off. The guy should've been disqualified for being an idiot who would run dw garchomp next to tyranitar.
    I'm sorry I don't know how this was posted twice...

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit456 View Post
    That sounds a lot like mine, except everyone battled 5 times instead of 7.
    How many people were at yours? Mine had 87 competitors. I was surprised by the small turnout.
    Last edited by Gundam Leafeon; 14th November 2011 at 2:26 AM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    How many people were at yours? Mine had 87 competitors. I was surprised by the smaller turnout.
    31 for my division.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    How was the Jellicent hacked? It's not like it had Swift Swim.
    It was in a Master Ball and it was shiny. Not sure if he just caught a shiny Frillish with a Master Ball but I have a good feeling that it was a hack...

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit456 View Post
    It was in a Master Ball and it was shiny. Not sure if he just caught a shiny Frillish with a Master Ball but I have a good feeling that it was a hack...
    They would've needed some kind of proof other than it being shiny and in a master ball to disqualify him.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Hey wolf spirit. It says you're from California does that mean you went to the long beach regionals? If so I would assume you were in the senior division. Also did you see me and my leafeon cap?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    They would've needed some kind of proof other than it being shiny and in a master ball to disqualify him.
    Staff members asked after my battle with him if they could could check our game catridges to see if it was hacked. The guy was really mad about losing to me and just quit alltogether, even when all players had to get checked for hacks. Not sure if that's enough proof...

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    Hey wolf spirit. It says you're from California does that mean you went to the long beach regionals? If so I would assume you were in the senior division. Also did you see me and my leafeon cap?
    Yeah I saw the Leafeon cap. Very cool. ^^

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit456 View Post
    Staff members asked after my battle with him if they could could check our game catridges to see if it was hacked. The guy was really mad about losing to me and just quit alltogether, even when all players had to get checked for hacks. Not sure if that's enough proof...
    Wow what a sore loser. If that was the only shiny he was using there is a good chance it was legit. I'm more concerned about the authenticity of that master ball.

    What round did that happen in?

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    Wow what a sore loser. If that was the only shiny he was using there is a good chance it was legit. I'm more concerned about the authenticity of that master ball.

    What round did that happen in?
    My 4th match. I find it funny how I destroyed his Rain Team with just my Jolteon and Swampert. ^^

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit456 View Post
    My 4th match. I find it funny how I destroyed his Rain Team with just my Jolteon and Swampert. ^^
    We have a lot in common

    1. We both went to the long beach tournament
    2. We both got people disqualified
    3. We both used jolteon

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam Leafeon View Post
    We have a lot in common

    1. We both went to the long beach tournament
    2. We both got people disqualified
    3. We both used jolteon
    Strange coincidence, no?
    Last edited by WolfSpirit456; 14th November 2011 at 6:23 AM.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    So like, what were the common Pokemon used, or common sets used? Or, to better phrase, what should people be looking out for come April?

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    ^ Personally, I would ask what is the minimum requirement in order to make it to Nationals.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    So like, what were the common Pokemon used, or common sets used? Or, to better phrase, what should people be looking out for come April?
    definitely Rain Dance teams. Almost every team I fought against was Rain Dance... :/

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit456 View Post
    definitely Rain Dance teams. Almost every team I fought against was Rain Dance... :/
    What about Sandstorm teams or anti-weather teams?

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    ^ Personally, I would ask what is the minimum requirement in order to make it to Nationals.
    Drizzle for Da Win!!!.

    Well as I expected I tied for 2nd(6th overall) placing with a 5-1record losing to my own stupidity. Heres my team. (Im only giving speed ev's if applicable.

    -Choice scarf Adamant terrakion 44 speed ev's
    -Paired with Leftovers Calm Amoonguss 12 spd ev's
    -Sassy ice gem politoed
    -Adamant Life orb toxicroak
    -Adamant flying gem scizor
    -Modest water gem jellicent 100 speed ev's


    Yep No swift swimmers because they all suck. Thats my team, and I could've gotten 1st, but I opted Scizor>terrakion. Heck I don't care. Im going to nats (=
    Pokomanz achievements

    -Vgc 10, and11: top32, and top16
    -Autumn friendly: 2003 rating(9thplace)
    -Vgc2012 RI 6th place(5-1)

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    What about Sandstorm teams or anti-weather teams?
    I didn't really see Sandstorm, or Sunny Day teams for that matter, but I saw a couple Hail and anti-weather ones. :/

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurvivor View Post
    Drizzle for Da Win!!!.

    Well as I expected I tied for 2nd(6th overall) placing with a 5-1record losing to my own stupidity. Heres my team. (Im only giving speed ev's if applicable.

    -Choice scarf Adamant terrakion 44 speed ev's
    -Paired with Leftovers Calm Amoonguss 12 spd ev's
    -Sassy ice gem politoed
    -Adamant Life orb toxicroak
    -Adamant flying gem scizor
    -Modest water gem jellicent 100 speed ev's
    Nice team, bro.

    I used these for my regionals:

    Focus Sash Jolly Tyranitar
    ^ Paired with Smooth Rock Relaxed Bronzong (It has Sandstorm)
    Leftovers Adamant Swampert
    Sitrus Berry Bold Jolteon
    Air Balloon Modest Heatran
    Choice Scarf Jolly Salamence

    don't worry, they're all EV trained. ^^
    Last edited by WolfSpirit456; 15th November 2011 at 2:23 AM.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    ^ Please don't double-post like that.

    Can someone please rate my VGC Team? The link is in my sig.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side...
    Posts
    30

    Default

    ^Oops. Sorry about that... :/
    Last edited by WolfSpirit456; 15th November 2011 at 12:37 AM.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    ok, so I got a few months til next regional,and i've got a idea
    Slaking and Poke with worry seed
    poke uses worry seed on slaking.
    opponent pwnd
    (could use tha same for regigigas too...hmm...)

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    ^ Slaking is owned by my Mienshao or Worry Seed/Skill Swap pokemon is owned by other random Taunters, Fake Out users, and the accursed Rain/Sandstorm teams. Worry Seed doesn't work on Slaking. By the way, I REEEEALY NEED HELP WITH MY VGC TEAM! WILL ANYBODY PLEASE LOOK AT IT!? The link is in my signature.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 15th November 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •