Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

Default K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

So the last Asian Pop thread hasn't been posted in since June and since I need somewhere to discuss my love for it, I decided to make a new one. (If I'm not allowed, someone close it or something).

So who are all of your favourite artists/groups? My favourite K-Pop girl group is SNSD by far, but at the moment I also really 2NE1, Kara, T-ara, After School and Dal★shabet.

J-Pop wise I only really listen to きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ (Kyary Pamyu Pamyu) and J-Pop made by Korean girl groups.

Any particular comebacks you're looking forward to? SNSD are supposed to comeback on October 4th, so that should be exciting.

Discuss~
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

favourite girlgroup.
    4Minute, Miss A, Davichi and T-ara.

favourite boy group
    Beast, MBLAQ and Boyfriend.

solo artist
    G.NA and IU.

Brown Eyed Girls sixth sense is amazing
    looking forward for t-ara comback

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    So the last Asian Pop thread hasn't been posted in since June and since I need somewhere to discuss my love for it, I decided to make a new one. (If I'm not allowed, someone close it or something).
    aaargh what is it with people and their unwillingness to post in a thread specifically designed for the purposes of the topic you duplicated a thread for, just because it's old. What difference does it make?
    All you've done is say exactly what you'd have said in the old thread, but actually made a duplicate thread, and as such are cluttering the forum, something that is tried and avoided in entertainment rules, by saying you can only have genre threads in the first place, so as to avoid cluttering.

Yes I'm aware there's a no bumping rule, but I honestly think that a genre of music should come under one of the exceptions mentioned in said rule. It makes no sense at all.

Although I'm from korea, and I like K-pop, i hate it at the same time because my hair is blond on one side and and that makes me look exactly like a k-pop star.
    Its tough to o to school when you know when you get off he bus there ill be chants of: The K-pop star is here! Dance for us!
    After a 2 month hatiaus, I'm back!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...ite-version-2/
    The new forms of Reshi and Zeki.....
    HYBRIDS?

Kpop needs to go back to Korea tbh. I hate that it's invading Japan.

I don't particularly enjoy Kpop, mostly because the singles are REALLY good, but the albums SUCK.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post

I don't particularly enjoy Kpop, mostly because the singles are REALLY good, but the albums SUCK.
    I actually disagree with that. While I agree that some K-Pop albums are only good for the singles, the majority are actually good all the way through. Girls' Generation, 2NE1, Kara and T-ara all have albums with little to no filler on them.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I'm going to flat out say that I do not like Kpop, at all. But this is just me, since there's like a huge portion of my female friends out there who enjoy it. But i'm not here to hate on it. Really more of a Jpop guy mostly just MISIA, Mnimi, Utada Hikaru (surprisingly heard of her before Kingdom Hearts), SMAP and Da Pump. Nirgilis is also a good J-Pop Rock band. Some would classify Mr. Children as J-Pop but I only see that in his lyrics, musically-wise he's more rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart
    Yes I'm aware there's a no bumping rule, but I honestly think that a genre of music should come under one of the exceptions mentioned in said rule. It makes no sense at all.
    Unfortunately the no bumping rule is the reasoning for the majority of duplicate or new versions of threads; just bring it up with the mods I guess.

SMAP - Celery
    Last edited by Zweihander Nemesis; 26th September 2011 at 3:20 AM.
    S.T.A.R.S.
    Claimed Nemesis T-02 and Pokemon Gold

I actually disagree with that. While I agree that some K-Pop albums are only good for the singles, the majority are actually good all the way through. Girls' Generation, 2NE1, Kara and T-ara all have albums with little to no filler on them.
    You just keep believing that. Also LOL@2NE1. Most talentless hacks in the Kpop market today, and that says something in a market over saturated with auto-tune that ignores real singing talent for cute faces, trendy style and dance ability. The only talented Kpop star, imo, is and always will be BoA. And even she's not all that vocally talented.

twittertumblrlast.fm

My favourite Girl bands... Berryz-T and 2NE1, and as for any boy one I like T-Pistonz.

K-Pop sucks. Spread the word.

Except for Girls' Generation, of course. Actually, 소녀시대

J-Pop... Meh. Not much better than K-Pop.

You just keep believing that. Also LOL@2NE1. Most talentless hacks in the Kpop market today, and that says something in a market over saturated with auto-tune that ignores real singing talent for cute faces, trendy style and dance ability. The only talented Kpop star, imo, is and always will be BoA. And even she's not all that vocally talented.
    But most of them do actually have at least 'capable' singing voices, 2NE1 included. They may not be mindblowing singers and they may use a lot of auto-tune, but they don't need to be amazing and auto-tune is currently what's popular in Korea at the moment.

In other news...Girls' Generation's comeback has been announced to be happening on October 5th. The album is going to be called The Boys, with the single coming out on the 4th. They've already released the concept photo of Taeyeon and it looks like this album's concept is going to be Victorian/Renaissance. Looks pretty cool to me!
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

October 4th I thought it was?

twittertumblrlast.fm

October 4th I thought it was?
    According to allkpop.com the single is released October 4th, but the album is out on the 5th. I think every day up to it they're going to release a new picture of each girl. Tomorrow's is Jessica apparently.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I heavily disagree. K-Pop was a hit to americans who have asian fetishes, and Japanese People who just wanna see people on stage and plus, Korea has one of the best album makers of all time.... F(x)!
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I enjoy some K-Pop groups, but I guess I'm more biased to J-Pop because I was introduced to it first. I'd have to say my favourite K-Pop group is SHINee or BoA. For J-Pop, I love a lot. News and SMAP are top loves.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2gvkkd4.jpg[/IMG]
    snarky hipster tennis boys
    claimscreditstumblr
    fukubuchou

I honestly don't get what Kpop fans see in Kpop to be honest. It's catchy fun music, but that's about it. Its without substance, easily forgettable and you have to shift through a lot of **** to find the gems. Not that jpop, on a general scale, or even pop in general is better, but Kpop is especially generic in and of itself. There's no originality in it, you have to conform to the popular electronic autotuned sound or you don't get heard. This leads artists to blend and to not have their own particular sound.

And for people who think Kpop really stands a chance here, tell that to BoA and the Wonder Girls. Their efforts worked out so well after all. Oh wait, they didn't :l

twittertumblrlast.fm

I honestly don't get what Kpop fans see in Kpop to be honest. It's catchy fun music, but that's about it. Its without substance, easily forgettable and you have to shift through a lot of **** to find the gems. Not that jpop, on a general scale, or even pop in general is better, but Kpop is especially generic in and of itself. There's no originality in it, you have to conform to the popular electronic autotuned sound or you don't get heard. This leads artists to blend and to not have their own particular sound.

And for people who think Kpop really stands a chance here, tell that to BoA and the Wonder Girls. Their efforts worked out so well after all. Oh wait, they didn't :l
    Unfortunately it's whats popular in Korea atm. Despite how "low-quality" it is, it's how pop works; catchy up beat songs with hot guys and gals they attract many masses of people. But unlike America, Pop in Korea is in 120% full bloom whilst other genres (K-Rock especially) mostly have an underground scene, and is the reason why there are so many mainstream Kpop groups lead to generic sounds. I think also a large part in the Kpop fandom is idol worship like how Japan used to be in the 90s (Except less emphasis on cute guys and good looing women and rather on Kawaiisa).
    S.T.A.R.S.

EXACTLY. Thank you. That's just how I felt about it.

I hate it when all my friends talk about K-Pop...

I agree to an extent but that's what we want to listen to. We want catchy, fun music. A lot of it is forgettable but there are some really good K-Pop artists with good quality, catchy pop songs.

I will admit, BoA and Wonder Girls shouldn't have tried. They're not similar enough to American music right now. I know you don't like them, but I think 2NE1 stand the biggest chance of breaking it in America at the moment. They have quite an 'American' sound to me so I think they could make it.

The concept photos for Sunny and Hyoyeon for Girls' Generation's new album were released earlier today. Sunny's is absolutely gorgeous and Hyoyeon's is nice too.

Who's everyone's favourite J-Pop artist? I've not listened to too much of it (I find it hard to find on the internet) but so far I really like Ayumi Hamasaki and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I wouldn't call M-Flo j-Pop, but considerin' that they tend to collab with a lot of artists (they're basically Japan's answer to Timbaland) and have that dancey pop feel, then yeah, they're my favorite band when it comes to the genre.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

\
    Who's everyone's favourite J-Pop artist? I've not listened to too much of it (I find it hard to find on the internet) but so far I really like Ayumi Hamasaki and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
    SMAP and MISIA, Love the instrumentals and lyrics of SMAP songs, MISIA has an amazing and such a powerful voice at least 10 years old since they started, old school stuff I guess. Utada Hikaru is pretty good too.

MISIA - Everything

I hear Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is quite popular these days.
    Last edited by Zweihander Nemesis; 27th September 2011 at 9:13 PM.
    S.T.A.R.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Zweihander Nemesis View Post
    SMAP and MISIA, Love the instrumentals and lyrics of SMAP songs, MISIA has an amazing and such a powerful voice at least 10 years old since they started, old school stuff I guess. Utada Hikaru is pretty good too.

MISIA - Everything

I hear Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is quite popular these days.
    I'll definitely check them out.

And yeah, I highly doubt that Kyary has any talent whatsoever but her songs (especially PONPONPON) are so catchy and so addictive. I can't get enough of them.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Ayumi Hamasaki is the only right answer to the best Jpop artist. Even if she releases mediocre **** now and looks like a plastic doll, I still love her and she's the only artist I'll ever stan for"

Speaking of good Jpop. mini is finally back with a cover of a hitomi song from 1995. SO EXCITED

I made my sig Jpop related now
    Last edited by Chris-kun; 29th September 2011 at 5:39 AM.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I will agree that Ayumi's newer stuff isn't as good as her old stuff, but I still like it. Anyone here like Namie Amuro? I think she's pretty good but I've not got round to downloading her albums yet.

Speaking of K-Pop~

The album cover for Girls' Generation's The Boys has been released BUT there are rumours that it's going to get delayed by a few weeks - I certainly hope it isn't!
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Anyone here like Namie Amuro? I think she's pretty good but I've not got round to downloading her albums yet.
    I'm not really into the J/K/M Pop scene, but you mentioned someone I know so I'll bite! I was addicted to Namie Amuro's "Hide & Seek" awhile back - probably a year or two ago. It's a good song.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast