Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

So who are all of your favourite artists/groups? SNSD,2NE1,A Pink,T-ara,스피카 and SPICA
    I hardly listen to j-pop
    Any particular comebacks you're looking forward to? 2NE1's comeback

Faves: U-kiss, Big Bang, EXO

most excited for EXO to come back again lol.

Stanning Jo Kwon's solo album, and Namie Amuro's new album at the moment <3

twittertumblrlast.fm

Anyone else like Yamapi? OMG his voice makes my heart melt
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

This thread must be revived! D: I just got here and I love Kpop/Jpop, mostly. I had gotten into Jpop first with lovelies such as Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Hitomi Shimatani and so many more. :3 But Kpop came into the picture and got me all riled up!

I remember the first Kpop artist I heard of was Se7en back in 2004 but then I lost touch with Kpop until 2009 with BIGBANG. My favorite group is SHINee for way too many reasons. Their happy-go-lucky nature as well as their catchy tunes got me hooked. The faces of SHINee are also great personalities and they put a smile on my face. I love most Kpop groups you throw at me. Honestly, if I start a list it won't end!

But yes, I'm new to the forums and started playing Pokemon again. If you'd like to fangirl with me add me on tumblr username: empressarcana. I actually started a blog on tumblr called pokemonkpop for all your Pokemon and Kpop cracky needs.

Send me a message if you have any concerns! I'm always willing to chat.

/REVIVING THREAD

Favorite J-Pop : supercell , Ayumi Hamasaki, Maaya Sakamoto, Hitomi Harada, and many more
    Fav K-Pop : SNSD, BigBang, Juper Junior, 2NE1
    Fav M-Pop : FIR, Angela Zhang, Cindy Wang, and many more
    So much Asian Pop that I like

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

Oh hello thread revision!!!

Since I made this thread my tastes have changed dramatically :') I barely listen to k-pop apart from SNSD. I mostly listen to AKB48 & sister groups, Ayu, Kanayan and other idol groups. K-pop just feels so... fake and over-produced (which it is). I think the market tried too hard to capitalise on the trend and so we got a ridiculous number of sub-par groups.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt View Post
    Anyone else like Yamapi? OMG his voice makes my heart melt
    Really? No one? D': His song Loveless is beautiful.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

For all you Cantopop, this got to be best song I've listen to and probably one of my favorites xD

Jacky Cheung/張學友 - Everlasting Love/祇想一生跟你走

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    For all you Cantopop, this got to be best song I've listen to and probably one of my favorites xD

Jacky Cheung/張學友 - Everlasting Love/祇想一生跟你走
    I'm not sure why, but I find this song to be a tad familiar. Maybe it's because I've heard my parents listen to this song before. Still, I never understood any of the lyrics, because I couldn't understand Cantonese, until now. Must say that the lyrics are really meaningful and touching.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

I'll melt you down like Ice Cream.

Yeah I like K-Pop and J-Pop, mostly K-pop girl bands which is strange considerin' I'm a dude. Still the only good thing about Gangnam Style being popular is that hopefully people start listening to K-Pop and J-Pop now.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I find this song to be a tad familiar. Maybe it's because I've heard my parents listen to this song before. Still, I never understood any of the lyrics, because I couldn't understand Cantonese, until now. Must say that the lyrics are really meaningful and touching.
    lol samehere I always listen similar songs like this in my parent's car when we're driving to Las Vegas all the time. Jacky Cheung is probably one of my favorite singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    I'll melt you down like Ice Cream.
    I'm listening to that right now.

Just like Bubble pop, it sounds so much like she's trying to have sex with as many men as possible.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

^Also what's sexy swag? Is it like slutty treasure or something? I swear she sang Pikachu then I realised she was speaking Korean.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Also what's sexy swag? Is it like slutty treasure or something? I swear she sang Pikachu then I realised she was speaking Korean.
    I'm watching the Youtube video now. She is suggestive, yet hot.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

What do you guys think of "What's Your Name?" by 4Minute?
    For the video, I personally thought HyunA overdid her moves, but Jihyun was good with being suggestive.
    The song gets a bit annoying after the 3rd listen, which is surprising for me. I never thought a song would get so tiring for me so fast!

Also, B1A4's What's Happening is a really good pop song. I thought it would be another B1A4 song, but it was a great blend of pop, pseudo-polka-pop (from the chorus), and rap.

I really need Ayumi's latest studio album. Import prices are so expensive, though, I might have to wait.

Has anyone heard it in full, yet? How are the newer songs that are not on LOVE and again as mini albums?
    ミュウ

Is it just me? Or did EXO just bomb a high-potential song with the disaster that was Wolf?
    There were so many styles of rap that didn't match ir blend well at all! As I type this post, I'm at Suho's part and I already dislike the song. D.O.'s, Baekhyun's, and Chen's vocals don't fit well with the overdone chorus at the end. And who's squeaking," Ah Sar ang he yo!"?

I think "Why So Serious?" marked the beginning of overdone music, even though SHINee executed it perfectly and in a way that was to my liking.

I've seen alot of HyunA hate on the internet, probably because she's pushing her image as a try-hard.

Big Bang and f(x) are the best haha

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram74 View Post
    I've seen alot of HyunA hate on the internet, probably because she's pushing her image as a try-hard.

Big Bang and f(x) are the best haha
    f(x) has so far only impressed me with Hot Summer and Electric Shock.
    And HyunA is the worst, Jihyun of 4Minute is much better. I don't like Gayoon of 4Minute since she looks like my aunt.

How do you guys like 2NE1's Falling In Love? I love Dara and Bom's parts and Dara was so rare in the song because her voice is gold and we only deserve it sparingly from Dara the goddess to keep us from being spoiled by hearing too often. CL's rap is still less appealing than monkey poop.

So has anyone heard this batch of awesomeness? Jay Park is a lesser violent Chris Brown!
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

I really like that song.
    Sometimes I hate the fact that Jay Park left 2PM, but looking back I realize Jay was different material than 2PM, and this song just goes to show.
    I still like A.D.T.O.Y by 2PM though.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    I really like that song.
    Sometimes I hate the fact that Jay Park left 2PM, but looking back I realize Jay was different material than 2PM, and this song just goes to show.
    I still like A.D.T.O.Y by 2PM though.
    Jay Park was part of 2PM?!
    Wow, learning something new everyday!
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Apparently the black guy is Quincy Brown, P. Diddy's son.

I found this as another awesome summer song.

Come on, B.A.P, release another song recently.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 15th July 2013 at 10:10 PM.

I am very old so I like Fin K.L. and Baby Vox in terms of Korean Pop.

In terms of Taiwanese, Jolin Tsai, the older version of her, not the new MVs of her, more like the one back in 1999.

In terms of Hong Kong, probably Linda Wong.
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

So…
    In recent news, INFINITE RELEASED DESTINY!
    The album is great, but Destiny sounds surprisingly different from their other title tracks.
        Spoiler:- In Other Recent News:

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast