Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

Quote Originally Posted by j_gamez View Post
    lee hi and akdong ain't tryhards.
    lee hi has a great vocal, she has potential to be a really great vocalist when she grow older. i like her voice.
    akdong are really talented. it would be a joke if they lose to that 12 year old kid on kpop star audition.
    my favourite song is i love you. cute song good song.
    Wasn't Lee Hi supposed to be in the group Su'Pearls?
    I think she's doing better as a solo artist and I think YG needs to dedicate some time to her. This is probably the only time I'm not hyped for Big Bang right now, so giving Lee Hi some more promotion would be great.
    I am pretty excited for the WIN Winner, but I find it quite risky to call the winning debuting group "Winner". I can see EXO beating them in Music shows already lol.
    Team B should win because I've Kang Seung Yoon is part of Team A, so if A loses, KSY can keep the members remembered by fans.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

yes, she is but supearls disbanded before debuted.
    probably because yg didn't know her solo debut will be a huge success, since she's doing well i guess yg decided to disband the group.
    she does have a full album released this year, pretty amazing after less than a year debut.

i hope team b win too. i seriously hope kang seungyoon will stay solo, a rocker to be exact.
    i'm a fan of him and his song especially his pre-release 'it's rain' rock ballad sound amazing to me.
    if he's going to debut, he'll most probably go for the kpop route which is rather unfortunate because i like him for doing k-rock instead of kpop

I'll stan for EXO and y'all haters can leave. Kpop is so ****ing boring though these days. I haven't SUPER loved a song since like... June or May really. Everyone's just doing more of the same and it's pretty bleh over all.

Also, not here for the highly American gender stereotyping and the use of the term "faggy" seriously people, I don't get why it's so hard to understand that different countries have different standards and definitions of whats feminine and masculine. The ethnocentricism man, it's all over this thread especially DevilFruit

twittertumblrlast.fm

yes, she is but supearls disbanded before debuted.
    probably because yg didn't know her solo debut will be a huge success, since she's doing well i guess yg decided to disband the group.
    she does have a full album released this year, pretty amazing after less than a year debut.

i hope team b win too. i seriously hope kang seungyoon will stay solo, a rocker to be exact.
    i'm a fan of him and his song especially his pre-release 'it's rain' rock ballad sound amazing to me.
    if he's going to debut, he'll most probably go for the kpop route which is rather unfortunate because i like him for doing k-rock instead of kpop
    Well, by the looks of it, Yang Hyun Suk has been more lenient towards YG's artists this year. While there is a lot of work behind every artist and their music, I see each artist having more of their own influence on their music this year in YGent.

Sometimes letting the artists write their own music makes crappy, crappy music, but sometimes the writers and instrumental composers can destroy as song just as much (SHINee's Why So Serious).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    I'll stan for EXO and y'all haters can leave.
    Me too.

Also, not here for the highly American gender stereotyping and the use of the term "faggy" seriously people, I don't get why it's so hard to understand that different counturies have different standards and definitions of whats feminine and masculine. The ethnocentricism man, it's all over this thread especially DevilFruit
    Amen! In one of EatYourKimchi's Culture videos, they discussed how there are differences for social beliefs among different countries and cultures, particularly the concept of masculinity and feminism.
    So DevilFruit, just because they have "feminine" features (lmao none of them do) doesn't mean that they are "faggy".

why so serious is just plain horrible. i know they're trying out new genre for that album, but just no.
    the album makes it up though, every track has the potential to be a title track.
    i really like shinee album this year though including that horrendous cover of their repackage album.

i never really like shinee's album and some title tracks like lucifer and ring ding dong. i think those songs are pretty overrated.
    their last best song was replay until misconception album came out which literally blew my mind.
    dream girl sound generic but the album still makes it up for it.
    why so serious is ugh.
    the two track from repackage is really good, i love every shinee's ballad tbh.

I'll stan for EXO and y'all haters can leave. Kpop is so ****ing boring though these days. I haven't SUPER loved a song since like... June or May really. Everyone's just doing more of the same and it's pretty bleh over all.
    do you listen to any nugu song though, most of their songs are way wayyy better than popular group song.

why so serious is just plain horrible. i know they're trying out new genre for that album, but just no.
    the album makes it up though, every track has the potential to be a title track.
    i really like shinee album this year though including that horrendous cover of their repackage album.

i never really like shinee's album and some title tracks like lucifer and ring ding dong. i think those songs are pretty overrated.
    their last best song was replay until misconception album came out which literally blew my mind.
    dream girl sound generic but the album still makes it up for it.
    why so serious is ugh.
    the two track from repackage is really good, i love every shinee's ballad tbh.
    Dream Girl is very, very generic, but the song is very, very catchy for my taste.
    My favorite track on Misconceptions is Sleepless Night.
    Goddamn it, SMent, that track had so much potential to be a title track and it would've probably cost less to actually make into a music video. I could even see it as part of a K-Drama ost.

And Chris-kun, if you follow EXO on their variety show appearances, did the song Baby Don't Cry play when Tao began crying on the diving show? If not, then I guess I was the only one that had that problem XD

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Dream Girl is very, very generic, but the song is very, very catchy for my taste.
    My favorite track on Misconceptions is Sleepless Night.
    Goddamn it, SMent, that track had so much potential to be a title track and it would've probably cost less to actually make into a music video. I could even see it as part of a K-Drama ost.
    i first listen to shinee's misconception of me tracks from their music bank performance.
    first song being shine medusa or something along that line, it was so good and i thought they finally pull off a great title track.
    until i realise they performed why so serious and i was like wtf is going on.
    second song performance are normally the title track and i was really disappointed.

sm group this year title track released is really disappointing.
    from the horrible crap i got a boy (i don't have any high expectation from their songs anyway, their song is just simply not my cup of tea anymore)
    to wolf (no words can describe how horrible this is)
    growl is really damn generic, can't believe it's doing so well in korea.

the only one i like is rum pum pum pum, it's the only fx song i like in their whole entire choreography for some reason.
    honourable mention would be henry's trap.

the big 2 company has been released really low quality music nowadays, at least imo.
    unpopular groups that actually release quality ones are being overlooked is just disappointing.

Recently I've been listening to Aki Toyosaki, she is an amazing singer. 10/10
    Last edited by Yoshino; 9th October 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

block b pre release is so good
    i have high expectation for their upcoming mini album

Originally Posted by DevilFruit
    Read this: Vocaloids.
    It originated in Japan, but there are more languages for it.
    I dunno really.
    Thnx! When I talk about vocaloids , I mean the ( most popular ) japanese ones. I didn't even know vocaloids in other languages existed lol!
    I'll put a link for a vocaloid song here ( japanese ) :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUjG9f...3DWiUjG9fF3zw#

If the link doesn't take you to the vid when you click on it >.< , just search viva happy on google and it should be the first vid that pops up

So does the song above count as j-pop ? Sorry if I'm annoying I just need to know so I can start my own thread about it if I have to. (・・;)
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Any other perfume fans out there? ^^

Their new song 1mm is pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0yGHQXV5U
    Dialga is awesome because diamonds are a girls best friend!

"You show the lights that stop me turn me to stone"

j_gamez, I think you mentioned this before, but the Block B prerelease single, Be The Light, came out some time ago (4 days)
    Here it is:

i watched it since it's released, in fact i make the post exactly 4 days ago. lol
    keep tracked of their activities since i'm a fan of them.
    their title track teaser was released yesterday~ reminds me of nanrina and also a scene from the dark knight.

i like perfume though i'm not too into jpop.
    Last edited by j_gamez; 28th September 2013 at 9:07 AM.

One of the best dances since IGAB's choreography, Growl 's dance, and Sherlock's dance
    Kai + Lay + Hyoyeon

LOL the music stopped but they kept dancing!
    I definitely need to see Hyoyeon do a solo piece, but nevertheless, she is stunning when it comes to dancing.

What is up with LEDApple busting out covers of English songs? Are they trying to Americanize themselves? They're good at them (the Wrecking Ball cover wasn't all that bad) but they need to show off more talent with works from their writers.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

lol they've been doing eng cover for quite some time.
    i don't see doing eng cover literally means being "americanize"
    just doing what they love to do, i suppose

I need 'Very Good' gifs nao!
    Block B's Very Good is what it suggests.
    I don't recall seeing an MV about bank robberies before in K-Pop.

And it's so boring. Such a conventional sound (did LMFAO produce the inst.?)
    Wow, even SHINee's new song beats it on my likable-song list.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

poor kara going back to a 4 members group

or possibly a trio

and apparently which ever team that lose in win will disband.
    that's so dumb.
    Last edited by j_gamez; 5th October 2013 at 8:56 AM.

poor kara going back to a 4 members group

and apparently which ever team that lose in win will disband.
    that's so dumb.
    I'd like to think only four members and not a trio.

YG and its money problems smh
    I hope the members from the losing team will be picked up by other agencies. HyunSeung lost to Seungri and was placed in B2ST as the lead dancer and vocalist, so I can see JYP, CUBE, and other lesser relevant agencies making the members of the losing team stars still.

If Team A loses, I hope Kang Seung Yoon becomes a great solo artist.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    I'd like to think only four members and not a trio.

YG and its money problems smh
    I hope the members from the losing team will be picked up by other agencies. HyunSeung lost to Seungri and was placed in B2ST as the lead dancer and vocalist, so I can see JYP, CUBE, and other lesser relevant agencies making the members of the losing team stars still.

If Team A loses, I hope Kang Seung Yoon becomes a great solo artist.
    the fact that seungri gets to debut instead of hyunseung is just questionable.
    i mean, in terms of talent hyunseung would totally crush on seungri.
    he's like a ''filler'' in bigbang tbh.

part of me thinks that team a disbandment would be good especially because of kang seungyoon because i like that he sticks to sing what he likes and not forcing himself to impress the audience.
    korea doesn't like rock song, almost every rock song doesn't sell well in korea.
    but another part of me will feel bad for mino/minho
    he has debuted once in a super nugu group that disbanded not long ago.
    this guy has soooo much potential, he just doesn't have any luck.
    i listen to many of his track and i really like it.

i just hope yg will just disband both teams and debut all the talented ones.
    seriously though, team b sucks so much in terms of singing.
    only potential members are B.I and Bobby.
    team a are where the the hidden gems are.
    even the least talented members are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by j_gamez
    the fact that seungri gets to debut instead of hyunseung is just questionable.
    i mean, in terms of talent hyunseung would totally crush on seungri.
    he's like a ''filler'' in bigbang tbh.
    Trouble Maker's new MV was out since...... like several days ago. I'm liking this chemistry between HyunA and Hyunseung. Watch the MV for yourself, you'll know : )
    Well yeah Seungri is fairly average. His style is not-so-noticable, rather casual but stylish, unlike GD who loves to do some experimenting. His voice isn't that good either. But he's getting better in variety shows, which is good : )

And by the way, Team A just won. Disappointed for the super talented B.I. although I am excited for their debut.

Oh and I'm pretty much of a VIP (Big Bang fan), YG family stan. I like several girl/boy bands here and there but not really a 'stan'. LOL.

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

Team A was really more talented when I look back.
    I was just cheering for Team B because A would probably not be debuted too late because of KSY.

Team B just needs to work on their singing. I really hoped the losing team would disband so other agencies could work with them. HyunSeung is still my point for this argument. As Cassiel said, HyunSeung and HyunA have a good chemistry, and if team B disbanded and were picked up by other agencies, I would have been waiting for their epic (and probably separate) debuts (like what if some Team B members got picked up by Success Museum?! They would have had epic debuts, like EXO's)

So, will Team A have a rendition of Team B's 'Climax'?

K-Pop and J-Pop fan here
    The J-Pop I enjoy most these days is Perfume, Kyary, and WORLD ORDER. Perfume's probably my favorite of the three (Edge and Fake It and Spending All My Time, oh my!). I only enjoy some of Kyary's songs such as Invader Invader, while the others are too odd for my taste or her voice doesn't work for me. WORLD ORDER is just cool, relaxing electronic music with synchronized dancing, and although they haven't released much as yet, I really love Permanent Revolution and Mind Shift.
    In terms of K-Pop, I'm not the biggest fan you could find, but I do love SNSD, with my biases being Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Sunny (in that order). Still not sure whether I prefer their Korean or Japanese releases, but my favorite songs would probably be Trick, Time Machine, Look At Me, Flower Power, and Animal. (TaeTiSeo is also awesome!) I also like some of Crayon Pop's songs, and the boy bands are pretty fun sometimes, though I've never found a group to particularly fangirl over.
    Sorry to interrupt the current conversation xD
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

This song is jammin'
    Don't quite understand the video though.

T.O.P's moustache is really funny, I love it!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast