Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    Correction, M-pop stands for Mando-pop (Mandarin pop). If you wanna call it that way, fine by me. You search the songs or albums you want, there is a search bar on iTunes for a reason. If you can't find it, buy the copy overseas or do the illegal way. Simple no?
    No.
    There are some sites that sell K-pop physical albums (Amazon is a rip off, check the asian sites).
    My GOD! Bar Bar Bar is so annoying now!
    It was great the first three times I heard it on the radio, but now it's the Gangnam Style of 2013! I can't stop hearing it!

B.A.P's Japanese debut? I thought there were supposed to be subtitles because the first rapper was rapping in Korean, then the second rapper rapped in Korean again. The singers were singing in Japanese, though, so I don't know if this qualifies fully for a Japanese song.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    No.
    There are some sites that sell K-pop physical albums (Amazon is a rip off, check the asian sites).
    My GOD! Bar Bar Bar is so annoying now!
    It was great the first three times I heard it on the radio, but now it's the Gangnam Style of 2013! I can't stop hearing it!

B.A.P's Japanese debut? I thought there were supposed to be subtitles because the first rapper was rapping in Korean, then the second rapper rapped in Korean again. The singers were singing in Japanese, though, so I don't know if this qualifies fully for a Japanese song.
    Sorry but I'm not really a fan of K-pop and I never buy albums from Amazon. That's why I go to my local Chinese store, even though some aren't legit but hey it's all good.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 15th September 2013 at 9:03 AM.

I have a friend in japan so that's dandy!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

I'm really so over BAP. Like, TS worked them to death and they haven't even had a good song since their mini album last summer.. They need a break I can't stand the sight of them anymore.

twittertumblrlast.fm

bap are currently away from the korea market as of now.
    focusing on their concert and japan promotion.
    if you're not a fan of them, you probably don't get to see them.

i actually love badman but many people dislike it same goes with hurricane.
    their japanese really sucks though, and if they really want to promote in japan and make money they should at least learn japanese language and rap in japanese instead of having a "japanese ver." that is mixed with 3 languages.
    same goes to any kpop groups out there smh.

BAP and EXO are horsesh!t imo.

BAP is trying to be black.
    EXO has feminine members as their visuals lmao.

SNSD's Korean and Japanese works will always be the best.
    Anyone hear Galaxy Supernova? That was a flashy video, but nonetheless, an great pop song.
    <Signature in Progress>

lol snsd music is getting from bad to worst. their best song is like way back on 2009
    i got a boy is crap, so is the album itself.
    their jap stuff aren't any better. i've never like any kpop group's jap stuff in general, the only group that release good stuff are dbsk and boa, the secret code is still dbsk best album in their whole of discography tbh.
    irrelevant korean group that always stay in japan like supernova actually release decent stuff, they actually speak and sing great japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by j_gamez View Post
    lol snsd music is getting from bad to worst. their best song is like way back on 2009
    i got a boy is crap, so is the album itself.
    their jap stuff aren't any better. i've never like any kpop group's jap stuff in general, the only group that release good stuff are dbsk and boa, the secret code is still dbsk best album in their whole of discography tbh.
    irrelevant korean group that always stay in japan like supernova actually release decent stuff, they actually speak and sing great japanese.
    Well, at least SNSD aren't bombing it like 2NE1 is.
    SNSD started out humble and prepared artists, unlike 2NE1 who all started out as untalented trainees.
    They sound as immature as ever this year. Falling In Love? Do You Love Me? What are those girls? 5lutbags? Lmao
    Supernova is not too impressive for my taste. I give props to their fans though.
    <Signature in Progress>

true, 2ne1 did worst. their song charted not as great as before.
    both pre release so far suck so much. jfc, i can't even finish the whole song.

that bom girl need serious help from getting excessive plastic surgery.
    it's so painful looking at her now.

Quote Originally Posted by j_gamez View Post
    true, 2ne1 did worst. their song charted not as great as before.
    both pre release so far suck so much. jfc, i can't even finish the whole song.

that bom girl need serious help from getting excessive plastic surgery.
    it's so painful looking at her now.
    CL is trying to be black lol. America doesn't like you, 2NE1! Nor do we like the faggy boys of EXO, SuJu, BigBang, B1A4, SHIneeee, and those other boy groups. BTS is okay.
    <Signature in Progress>

yg's idol are a bunch of tryhards.
    don't see any thing great about bts beside having insane in sync choreography.
    their raps are ok, not their song.

nine muses coming back with first full length, that's what i'm looking forward.
    so is block b pre release and upcoming album. iu style change look cool too.

october is really packed for comebacks.

T.O.P of BigBang isn't really a tryhard. I mean, no Black person would ever sport mint-blue hair as good as T.O.P. Actually, I don't think Black males would color their hair at all.
    Park Bom has a great voice and all, but her visuals aren't appealing lmao plastic face!
    I really don't follow too much of Nine Muses. Their debut song was a real bomb in my honest to Satan opinion. Dolls was okay, Wild was kind of annoying.
    Lol Block B are tryhards. They'll never be as epic as the rest of korean pop/hip-hop groups.

Infinite's going to the dump if they don't release the A Version of Destiny. SM C&C really needs to help them.

When is Ga In going to make a comeback? Miryo?
    <Signature in Progress>

top is just being a lazy *** on stage without even trying.
    it so painful to look at her especially in one second of do you love me mv. that lady need serious mental help.
    lol no playboy is crap imo, news will 5ever be my jam. i love dolls and wild, shitting on majority of the relevant groups comeback this year.
    zico >>>>> all idol rappers. that guy is so good. i don't see block b as tryhards, their song are da bomb.

there is some footage of ver a playing in their concert along with a inconcenient truth mv.
    since the accident is long over, i don't get why they have yet to release it. it's freaking amazing as compared to crappy editing skill of ver. b

beg seems to be planning another group comeback. don't think they'll go solo as of now.
    miryo need a solid album for showcasing her talent. her last album is so basic tbh. the only good song is the one featuring sunny.

I came here expecting to see an intelligent discussion about my favourite genre of music. Unfortunately I've came to see you all just calling every group as many nasty names a possible. Shaking my head towards all of you. (Mainly you DevilFruit, control your fingers from typing so many potentially insulting things.)

On another note, my favourite groups would have to be BigBang, SHINee, Nu'est, Infinite, B.A.P, MBLAQ, B1A4, Exo, f(x) and 2NE1. Okay, so maybe that's quite a lot but I love them all so much. <3
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/24fbfbl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Code: 1032-1306-5729
    PM me so I can add you back! <3

Quote Originally Posted by JONOxJONGHYUN
    I came here expecting to see an intelligent discussion about my favourite genre of music. Unfortunately I've came to see you all just calling every group as
    many nasty names a possible. Shaking my head towards all of you. (Mainly you DevilFruit, control your fingers from typing so many potentially insulting
    things.) On another note, my favourite groups would have to be BigBang, SHINee, Nu'est, Infinite, B.A.P, MBLAQ, B1A4, Exo, f(x) and 2NE1. Okay, so maybe that's
    quite a lot but I love them all so much. <3
    We are having an intelligent discussion. When you lose your shallow taste of Korean music, come back and discuss real Korean music!

Korean music is Korean, not something that's supposed to be Americanized (all of 2NE1, BIGBANG, etc.)
    Even EXO is becoming Americanized! Two Moons is so black! Growl has beatboxing, Wolf is horrible.
    SHINee's RingDingDong sounds like a samba-styled single. Catchy, but I imagine them being forced to do the song by their Hispanic fangirls.
    <Signature in Progress>

I'm sorry, but what do you class as 'real Korean music'? As far as I can read, this is about Asian pop isn't it? Surely if I state that I like several Asian pop groups, then I am completely within what the topic at hand is stating?

Plus, it seems you really like SNSD, who are just as generic as the next girl group so you can't really complain that I like BigBang, SHINee etc.
    I agree to a certain extent that BigBang & 2NE1 are somewhat Americanised, but at the end of the day it is still K-pop. Music which is created, and aimed for, generally towards the younger generations. Although the older groups aren't too cutesy or childish anymore.

Also, I agree that Ring Ding Dong isn't exactly SHINee's greatest song, but neither is SNSD's I Got a Boy or The Boys. They done far better with Genie and Mr Taxi, whereas SHINee done better with the likes of Lucifer and Sherlock.

I'm also genuinely sorry if I came across like I was attacking you, it's just that certain comments can hurt members of a fanbase, especially if K-pop is one of your main interests such as myself. No hard feelings?
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/24fbfbl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Code: 1032-1306-5729
    PM me so I can add you back! <3

I dont really like the Kpop music industry, but one group i like from them is SNSD.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

SNSD's The Boys was their most Americanised sounding song, and imo their most bland song, but I've come to like it. IGAB would be perfect without that 80's R&B Pop bridge, because it's great with the subtle rap, the sassy rap, and the dubstep breakdown. But once that bridge starts playing, I just skip to the part where Jessica says to go back to 1:40 lol.
    Imo Lucifer is my favorite song by SHInee, not just because that's my name, but because it sounds like a good theme for cruising on the highway at night lol
    <Signature in Progress>

the boys is compose by teddy riley afterall. it's not surprising that it sound "americanized"
    the boys has some good part in it (the singing) but the chorus and the "rap" completely ruin it.

^
    ^
    ^
    seems like you're part of many fandom too, assuming your main is shinee.
    welcomeee.

^
    ^
    what kind of other asian pop are you interested in then

Quote Originally Posted by JONOxJONGHYUN View Post
    I came here expecting to see an intelligent discussion about my favourite genre of music. Unfortunately I've came to see you all just calling every group as many nasty names a possible. Shaking my head towards all of you. (Mainly you DevilFruit, control your fingers from typing so many potentially insulting things.)
    Once you've been on allkpop and Soompi article comment sections, you'll find really insulting things.

Quote Originally Posted by JONOxJONGHYUN
    On another note, my favourite groups would have to be BigBang, SHINee, Nu'est, Infinite, B.A.P, MBLAQ, B1A4, Exo, f(x) and 2NE1. Okay, so maybe that's quite a lot but I love them all so much. <3
    That is the conventional compilation of groups that common fans like. I'm not too much a fan of B1A4 or Nu'est. Their fanbases are quite stingy towards heterosexual males. Actually, most fanbases for Male groups are stingy towards heterosexual male fans besides BIGBANG's fanbase.

CL is trying to be black lol.
    CL is not trying to be black. Hip-hop is not exclusive for African American artists. Ever heard of Eminem?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit
    America doesn't like you, 2NE1!
    If America doesn't like 2NE1, why haven't Pharrell, Jeremy Scott, and Nicki Minaj avoided photos with her?

Nor do we like the faggy boys of EXO, SuJu, BigBang, B1A4, SHIneeee, and those other boy groups.
    You spelled SHINee wrong lmfao.
    Just because they aren't the American kind of masculine doesn't mean they are homosexuals.
    Korean music is Korean, not something that's supposed to be Americanized
    You're being a big hypocrite. If the genre is not something to be Americanized, then why should the artists have to conform to the Western definition of masculine to not be "faggy"?
    Try to be conscientious for your posts. Some members here notice this kind of hypocrisy and irony in posts.

BTS is okay.
    At least you said something positive on your post.

Sorry I already asked this question . Do vocaloids count as j-pop ? Thnx in advance
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    Sorry I already asked this question . Do vocaloids count as j-pop ? Thnx in advance
    Read this: Vocaloids.
    It originated in Japan, but there are more languages for it.
    I dunno really.
    <Signature in Progress>

Read this: Vocaloids.
    It originated in Japan, but there are more languages for it.
    I dunno really.
    Thnx! When I talk about vocaloids , I mean the ( most popular ) japanese ones. I didn't even know vocaloids in other languages existed lol!
    I'll put a link for a vocaloid song here ( japanese ) :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUjG9f...3DWiUjG9fF3zw#

If the link doesn't take you to the vid when you click on it >.< , just search viva happy on google and it should be the first vid that pops up

So I thought I would hate all of YG, but I'm lovin' Lee Hi and Akdong Musician. Conventional yes, but vocally adept.
    Lee Hi's Rose is currently my favorite song before Galaxy Supernova right now!
    <Signature in Progress>

lee hi and akdong ain't tryhards.
    lee hi has a great vocal, she has potential to be a really great vocalist when she grow older. i like her voice.
    akdong are really talented. it would be a joke if they lose to that 12 year old kid on kpop star audition.
    my favourite song is i love you. cute song good song.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast