Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 297

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    wildest dreams
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviere View Post
    I'm not really into the J/K/M Pop scene, but you mentioned someone I know so I'll bite! I was addicted to Namie Amuro's "Hide & Seek" awhile back - probably a year or two ago. It's a good song.
    Well at the moment I really love Fight Together. It's such a good song, I love it. I seriously need to check more of her stuff out.

    So is anyone here into M-Pop (or C-Pop)? I've never listened to any of it but a lot of people like it.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Kpop needs to go back to Korea tbh. I hate that it's invading Japan.

    I don't particularly enjoy Kpop, mostly because the singles are REALLY good, but the albums SUCK.
    Blasphemy!

    Have you heard SHINee?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchou View Post
    I enjoy some K-Pop groups, but I guess I'm more biased to J-Pop because I was introduced to it first. I'd have to say my favourite K-Pop group is SHINee or BoA. For J-Pop, I love a lot. News and SMAP are top loves.
    The only BoA I ever bothered to hear was Every Heart(Minna no Kimochi), because of Inuyasha, though I did love it, do you recommend anything else by BoA

    Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    I wouldn't call M-Flo j-Pop, but considerin' that they tend to collab with a lot of artists (they're basically Japan's answer to Timbaland) and have that dancey pop feel, then yeah, they're my favorite band when it comes to the genre.
    Kyaaaaaa~~~~~ I love Miss you by M-flo and ryohei(?)+Melody?

    Also Verbal from mflo's collaboration with Crystal Kay, Ex-boyfriend.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I will agree that Ayumi's newer stuff isn't as good as her old stuff, but I still like it. Anyone here like Namie Amuro? I think she's pretty good but I've not got round to downloading her albums yet.

    Speaking of K-Pop~

    The album cover for Girls' Generation's The Boys has been released BUT there are rumours that it's going to get delayed by a few weeks - I certainly hope it isn't!
    I loathe Namie Amuro~

    Ayumi Hamasaki needs to retire already~ Her best work was Dearest.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    I havent listened to much K-pop or any nonenglish J-pop artist, but the two K-pop artist i actually know are F(x) and SHINee. and SHINee just because he was featured in F(x)'s Lollipop, and has an amazing voice. (Im a guy) I love hot summer, the newest album, and cannot wait for the next.

    As for J-pop, all i've heard of is Utada. but i've not listened to any of her Japanese songs. I remember some J-Pop posters while visiting japan, but couldnt read thjem so i had no time to listen to any of there music. hence why i like K-pop better.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    'The Boys' is being delayed. Apparently the Girls are going to release an album stateside, and then release 'The Boys' worldwide. I don't see why they can't just release 'The Boys' but SM Entertainment kinda sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Ayumi Hamasaki needs to retire already~ Her best work was Dearest.


    Also, SHINee is like a poor man's TVXQ. Well, now it's the only TVXQ since the actual TVXQ sucks more now than they ever did...

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    wildest dreams
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    'The Boys' is being delayed. Apparently the Girls are going to release an album stateside, and then release 'The Boys' worldwide. I don't see why they can't just release 'The Boys' but SM Entertainment kinda sucks.
    Apparently what they mean by stateside was that the album would be released worldwide on iTunes and CD form in Korea - NOT another album. There's a lot of confusion at the moment (SM Entertainment are trolls) but apparently it's just going to be one album in Korean but it'll be released worldwide.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    66

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    'The Boys' is being delayed. Apparently the Girls are going to release an album stateside, and then release 'The Boys' worldwide. I don't see why they can't just release 'The Boys' but SM Entertainment kinda sucks.


    Also, SHINee is like a poor man's TVXQ. Well, now it's the only TVXQ since the actual TVXQ sucks more now than they ever did...

    Ayumi is a bad singer, that is not opinion it is just matter of fact. Her popularity is based on her looks, u mad bro? Lol.

    SHINee is not the best, but TVXQ aka Tohoshinki is not either.

    I will say I like them more than what I've heard of SHINee.

    Particularly "Weep" and "Back to Tomorrow", their Japanese is so good, I only recently found out they were Korean, after some research.

    Same goes for Rainbow, I heard "A" and thought they were Japanese.

    Point is everyone has better Japanese skills than SHINee.

    Quote Originally Posted by wesling123 View Post
    I'm really addicted to K-POP right now. I'm listening to the album of Brown Eyed Girls right about now. I can't wait for SNSD's comeback album, so sad it got delayed
    What is so great about SNSD? I keep hearing about them. What is their best work?
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 3rd October 2011 at 3:00 AM.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    427

    Default

    S.T.A.R.S.
    Claimed Nemesis T-02 and Pokemon Gold

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Ayumi is a bad singer, that is not opinion it is just matter of fact. Her popularity is based on her looks, u mad bro? Lol.
    Ayumi's popularity is based on her lyrics. And that's completely your opinion. I don't think she's an exceptional singer by any means, she's pretty mediocre. What she can do, however, is emote so perfectly with her voice that it makes up for her lack of vocal talent. Ayumi is my favorite artist ever, and I really don't appreciate your grossly inaccurate statements. Do your homework next time before you criticize.

    TVXQ is the quintessential Kpop boyband. They were the biggest, they were one at the beginning of the boy/girl band wave. Every boyband is essentially following in their footsteps. That's all I meant by SHINee being a poor man's TVXQ

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    515

    Default

    I'm a BlackJack haha, but I also like SNSD / SHINee.

    I got into K-Pop a year ago and it is so catchy. Some of my friends also like J-Pop but I'm too lazy to even Youtube some J-Pop artists.

    Does anyone know some good J-Pop artists :]?

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Ayumi's popularity is based on her lyrics. And that's completely your opinion. I don't think she's an exceptional singer by any means, she's pretty mediocre. What she can do, however, is emote so perfectly with her voice that it makes up for her lack of vocal talent. Ayumi is my favorite artist ever, and I really don't appreciate your grossly inaccurate statements. Do your homework next time before you criticize.

    TVXQ is the quintessential Kpop boyband. They were the biggest, they were one at the beginning of the boy/girl band wave. Every boyband is essentially following in their footsteps. That's all I meant by SHINee being a poor man's TVXQ
    No, not really, it's pretty accurate, and Ayumi is popular based on her sexual appeal and her waves of old fans that keep coming back for more.

    That emoting I heard on Dearest and many of her biggest songs reminds me of someone being tortured, distorting notes, but obviously we have to agree to disagree.

    I also disagree with what you said about Tohoshinki and their new stuff sucking.

    In other news, does anyone like Kumi Koda's music?

    I tend to enjoy her ballads, such as Ai wo Tomenaide, Anata Dake ga etc.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    No, not really, it's pretty accurate, and Ayumi is popular based on her sexual appeal and her waves of old fans that keep coming back for more.

    That emoting I heard on Dearest and many of her biggest songs reminds me of someone being tortured, distorting notes, but obviously we have to agree to disagree.
    No, really, it's not. She's popular for her lyrics. If you want someone who IS popular for her sex appeal, you just mentioned her. Koda Kumi is an example of an artist who became popular due to her sex appeal. Not that she's not somewhat talented, but the majority of her popularity came from her over sexual image for most of her career. Although that's died down some after the amniotic fluid scandal.

    You don't have the slightest clue about the Japanese market or what it takes to be successful long term there. Ayumi is 33. She lost any semblance of "sex appeal" to the Japanese people a LONG time ago. And that's never what she was popular for. You never see her being remotely sexual in any of her videos. She was famous for her personal lyrics, a rarity in the Japanese market especially in 1998 when she debuted. Her lyrics touched people. If you see her live you'll notice that most of the fans in the audience are women. Because, you know, women are totally the ones who'd like a female artist because she's "sexy."

    We can disagree, you can believe what you want about Ayumi's voice. And I can believe what I want. But know that it is your opinion and don't go masquerading it around as fact. And I'll do the same. What I have just spent the time laboriously explaining to you is, however, documented fact. You cannot dominate the market for 13 years, especially in a market that people are generally lucky if they're popular for two or three years, because you're "pretty." Ayumi is a talented songwriter, that's where her strength is. She may not be a vocal wonder, but she is a talented individual.

    Also, as much as I love me some Koda Kumi ballads, Ai Wo Tomenaide is probably one of her worst. It sounds like Aitakute with ~dramatical instruments~ and Aitakute was one of the worst songs on Deja vu
    Last edited by Chris-kun; 3rd October 2011 at 1:53 PM.

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    No, really, it's not. She's popular for her lyrics. If you want someone who IS popular for her sex appeal, you just mentioned her. Koda Kumi is an example of an artist who became popular due to her sex appeal. Not that she's not somewhat talented, but the majority of her popularity came from her over sexual image for most of her career. Although that's died down some after the amniotic fluid scandal.

    You don't have the slightest clue about the Japanese market or what it takes to be successful long term there. Ayumi is 33. She lost any semblance of "sex appeal" to the Japanese people a LONG time ago. And that's never what she was popular for. You never see her being remotely sexual in any of her videos. She was famous for her personal lyrics, a rarity in the Japanese market especially in 1998 when she debuted. Her lyrics touched people. If you see her live you'll notice that most of the fans in the audience are women. Because, you know, women are totally the ones who'd like a female artist because she's "sexy."

    We can disagree, you can believe what you want about Ayumi's voice. And I can believe what I want. But know that it is your opinion and don't go masquerading it around as fact. And I'll do the same. What I have just spent the time laboriously explaining to you is, however, documented fact. You cannot dominate the market for 13 years, especially in a market that people are generally lucky if they're popular for two or three years, because you're "pretty." Ayumi is a talented songwriter, that's where her strength is. She may not be a vocal wonder, but she is a talented individual.

    Also, as much as I love me some Koda Kumi ballads, Ai Wo Tomenaide is probably one of her worst. It sounds like Aitakute with ~dramatical instruments~ and Aitakute was one of the worst songs on Deja vu
    I disagree.

    Ai wo Tomenaide is a much more epic Aitakute, and the only place they are similar is in the background music arrangement of the chorus.

    My impression is that Ayumi is like the Britney Spears of Japan, who actually writes her own music.

    What is your stance on いきものがかり?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    427

    Default

    I would be mentioning J-Rock here but sadly this is a "pop" thread, since that's majority of the Japanese music I listen to

    meh here's a pretty good song, albeit old by today's standards
    Yukie Nakama - Makenai ai ga Kitto Aru
    S.T.A.R.S.
    Claimed Nemesis T-02 and Pokemon Gold

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    wildest dreams
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Same goes for Rainbow, I heard "A" and thought they were Japanese.
    They did release A in Japan, so you may have heard that version. I love A, it's such a good song.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    What is so great about SNSD? I keep hearing about them. What is their best work?
    SNSD (Girls' Generation) are usually always seen as the ultimate K-Pop girl group. Their most famous song is Gee - so listen to that one first. It's insanely catchy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmi101 View Post
    I'm a BlackJack haha, but I also like SNSD / SHINee.

    I got into K-Pop a year ago and it is so catchy. Some of my friends also like J-Pop but I'm too lazy to even Youtube some J-Pop artists.

    Does anyone know some good J-Pop artists :]?
    I love 2NE1 <3 Don't Stop the Music is easily my favourite, I love that song so much. Not too keen on their Japanese stuff though, it's all just remakes and they're not even good remakes. They should record an original Japanese single imo.

    My favourite J-Pop artists are AKB48, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Ayumi Hamasaki. But there are literally hundreds
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  16. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    They did release A in Japan, so you may have heard that version. I love A, it's such a good song.



    SNSD (Girls' Generation) are usually always seen as the ultimate K-Pop girl group. Their most famous song is Gee - so listen to that one first. It's insanely catchy.



    I love 2NE1 <3 Don't Stop the Music is easily my favourite, I love that song so much. Not too keen on their Japanese stuff though, it's all just remakes and they're not even good remakes. They should record an original Japanese single imo.

    My favourite J-Pop artists are AKB48, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Ayumi Hamasaki. But there are literally hundreds
    I love "A" it is so catchy and adorable of a song.

    IS Rainbow releasing more stuff in Japanese?

    Tried some 2NE1 songs and SnSD, it is all too bubblegummy for my tastes.

    Can you recommend anything else from Rainbow, in either Japanese or Korean?
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 3rd October 2011 at 9:31 PM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    I disagree.

    Ai wo Tomenaide is a much more epic Aitakute, and the only place they are similar is in the background music arrangement of the chorus.

    My impression is that Ayumi is like the Britney Spears of Japan, who actually writes her own music.

    What is your stance on いきものがかり?
    You cannot disagree that Ayumi is popular because of her lyrics. That's like... disagreeing that the sky is blue or that grass is green. I hate Utada Hikaru, but I still acknowledge that she's one of the first people who did R&B in Japanese music and one of the driving forces that made it popular there. You can hate her all you want, but the fact is she's popular because of her lyrics. The fact that you don't know that demonstrates your lack of knowledge about the market you're a fan of.

    Those are two giant places to be similar. I don't think it's as strong as last year's Suki dex3/Anata Dake ga ballads. And I didn't even like Suki dex3 that much. Anata Dake ga, though, is amazing. My favorite Koda Kumi ballad will always be a toss up between Futari de... and hands though.

    I'm not a fan of Ikimono-gakari. The timbre of the lead singer's voice disagrees with my ears.

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    wildest dreams
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    I love "A" it is so catchy and adorable of a song.

    IS Rainbow releasing more stuff in Japanese?

    Tried some 2NE1 songs and SnSD, it is all too bubblegummy for my tastes.

    Can you recommend anything else from Rainbow, in either Japanese or Korean?
    I'd guess at yes. The 'A' single album also had a Japanese version of Gossip Girl and the single reached #3 on the Oricon daily and weekly charts - which is pretty impressive for a Korean debut. So we'll probably get some more Japanese Rainbow.

    SNSD I can agree with but 2NE1 bubblegummy? They're probably the least bubblegum girl group out there. And try SNSD's Japanese album, that's not 'cute' and 'girly'.

    For Rainbow recommendations, my favourite songs are A, Gossip Girl, SO COOL, TO ME and Mach.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Yay, good to see this forum has a J-Pop/K-Pop/M-Pop thread.

    Well, Ayumi Hamasaki is my favorite artist of all time. But I also really like KOTOKO, Lia, MELL, Utuda Hikaru, alan, BoA, 2NE1, ect. Basically all the I've Sound girls and "J-Pop Queens".

    The most recent artists I've gotten into are Ayaka Ikio and Riryka.
    fgjgj

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    It's so hard to find good jpop these days, imo. I recently got into Masaki Yuka, she's pretty decent for modern Jpop. There's also MAA, who's really good too.

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    You cannot disagree that Ayumi is popular because of her lyrics. That's like... disagreeing that the sky is blue or that grass is green. I hate Utada Hikaru, but I still acknowledge that she's one of the first people who did R&B in Japanese music and one of the driving forces that made it popular there. You can hate her all you want, but the fact is she's popular because of her lyrics. The fact that you don't know that demonstrates your lack of knowledge about the market you're a fan of.

    Those are two giant places to be similar. I don't think it's as strong as last year's Suki dex3/Anata Dake ga ballads. And I didn't even like Suki dex3 that much. Anata Dake ga, though, is amazing. My favorite Koda Kumi ballad will always be a toss up between Futari de... and hands though.

    I'm not a fan of Ikimono-gakari. The timbre of the lead singer's voice disagrees with my ears.
    I do not hate Ayumi, I just do not love her.

    Take this then, I really like Dearest, what other stuff by Ayumi can you recommend me in the flavor of dearest, please and tkyou.

    It's weird because I like Anata Dake ga and Aitakute, but not as much as Ai wo Tomenaide alot more, and you feel opposite.

    Nice to see we can disagree without mudslinging like happens in Anime Spoilers.

    What other ballads of KK do you recommend.

    Also I've yet to find any upbeat music of hers I can like.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I'd guess at yes. The 'A' single album also had a Japanese version of Gossip Girl and the single reached #3 on the Oricon daily and weekly charts - which is pretty impressive for a Korean debut. So we'll probably get some more Japanese Rainbow.

    SNSD I can agree with but 2NE1 bubblegummy? They're probably the least bubblegum girl group out there. And try SNSD's Japanese album, that's not 'cute' and 'girly'.

    For Rainbow recommendations, my favourite songs are A, Gossip Girl, SO COOL, TO ME and Mach.

    Another member today asked me "How do you even know about Rainbow"

    And she implied even in Korea, they are relatively unknown, is this so?

    I did enjoy "A"s Korean video better. They looked alot cuter there.

  22. #47

    Default

    MLBAQ and Hyuna<3

  23. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BossTrainer View Post
    MLBAQ and Hyuna<3
    Care to elaborate>

    What is that J/K/??-pop?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    I do not hate Ayumi, I just do not love her.

    Take this then, I really like Dearest, what other stuff by Ayumi can you recommend me in the flavor of dearest, please and tkyou.

    It's weird because I like Anata Dake ga and Aitakute, but not as much as Ai wo Tomenaide alot more, and you feel opposite.

    Nice to see we can disagree without mudslinging like happens in Anime Spoilers.

    What other ballads of KK do you recommend.

    Also I've yet to find any upbeat music of hers I can like.
    Well, I'm not trying to convince you to like her. You can dislike her, that's cool with me. I'm just pointing out a factual error in your judgement of her.

    Songs like Dearest...? Hmm... CAROLS comes to mind, so do most of her epic grand ballads (No way to say, JEWEL, momentum, HEAVEN, Together when..., You were..., BALLAD, MOON, Virgin Road, and beloved.)

    Futari de... and hands Those are amazing ballads. So is No Way from UNIVERSE, that's exceptional.

    While it's not REALLY a ballad, IN THE AIR from 4 TIMES is also an exceptional song, probably one of my favorite songs released this year period. I'm surprised that you don't like her upbeat music, some of it's even better than her ballads (TABOO <3) and this, which is hands down my favorite Koda Kumi song

    twittertumblrlast.fm

  25. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Well, I'm not trying to convince you to like her. You can dislike her, that's cool with me. I'm just pointing out a factual error in your judgement of her.

    Songs like Dearest...? Hmm... CAROLS comes to mind, so do most of her epic grand ballads (No way to say, JEWEL, momentum, HEAVEN, Together when..., You were..., BALLAD, MOON, Virgin Road, and beloved.)

    Futari de... and hands Those are amazing ballads. So is No Way from UNIVERSE, that's exceptional.

    While it's not REALLY a ballad, IN THE AIR from 4 TIMES is also an exceptional song, probably one of my favorite songs released this year period. I'm surprised that you don't like her upbeat music, some of it's even better than her ballads (TABOO <3) and this, which is hands down my favorite Koda Kumi song

    It's not so much I dislike her upbeat music, I just have trouble finding it, from what I see she is more of a ballad J-Queen.

    I like some of Crystal Kay's upbeat music, like Ex-Boyfriend, which is quite old but a classic.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •