Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

There's a lot of it out there. TABOO was big on the internet when it came out, if you're looking for an upbeat song, definitely google that one.

One thing Koda Kumi managed to do in the last year was become the literal queen of live, she threw three OUT OF THIS WORLD concerts in 2010, it was amazing.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I haven't listened to a ton of J-pop, but have listened enough to pick out my favorite artists.
    Ayumi is my second favorite Japanese artist behind Utada Hikaru. I hate most of Utada's first album but after that I love most everything, especially Heart Station and the new material on Vol. 2 of her singles collection. As for Ayumi; I find her voice to be more suited for faster dance-ier music. Glitter and Last Angel slay everything.

While I don't actually speak much Japanese, I have been teaching myself some here and there and I plan to learn the language the best I can once I have the time. And I look up the most accurate possible translated lyrics to every song I listen to.
    ミュウ

Death of a FANboy! LUCIFER PV (Full Version) (Japanese)

I died and went to heaven…..

I don't quite get the appeal of Hikki. Her voice is awful, she's lazy as ****, and she in general has a bad attitude. She's very cocky, it pisses me off. Plus, her recent music has been so exceptionally bad (Heart Station and This Is The One are two of the worst albums I've ever heard). I love Ultra Blue and Deep River, but other than that, I'm not a fan at all.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Another member today asked me "How do you even know about Rainbow"

And she implied even in Korea, they are relatively unknown, is this so?

I did enjoy "A"s Korean video better. They looked alot cuter there.
    Their mini albums peaked at 2, 3 and 6 and their highest peaking single was number 3. So I bet a lot of everyday Koreans have never heard of Rainbow, because they're just not as famous as SNSD, 2NE1 and Kara.

So today we were supposed to get SNSD's new single but obviously we didn't due to the delay. I just wish SM Entertainment would tell us what's happening, I'm getting so frustrated.

Are there any other AKB48 fans here? Beginner, Heavy Rotation and Flying Get are all really, really good. And I love how their singles come with three other songs every time.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Are there any other AKB48 fans here? Beginner, Heavy Rotation and Flying Get are all really, really good. And I love how their singles come with three other songs every time.
    AKB48 is a blight on the music of the world.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I like to listen to jpop kiroro. She has a cool voice.i discovered her completely by accident thanks to a typo in the search bar.

Notice it says most people like me.

No you may not have my autograph.

Spoiler:- Credits:

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    AKB48 is a blight on the music of the world.
    I think I just have a love for Asian girl groups. Why do you think they're a 'blight'? I'm never going to learn all of their names though, I only know 2 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I think I just have a love for Asian girl groups. Why do you think they're a 'blight'? I'm never going to learn all of their names though, I only know 2 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Because they're literally spank-bank material for dirty old men. That's like, all they are. It's disgusting. Also their music is the epitome of generic.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I feel bad for criticizing Ayumi when I now know she lost her left ear's hearing ability…..

The Boys is now slated for a release on the 17th of October

twittertumblrlast.fm

Anyone know SHINee? They're beasts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    Anyone know SHINee? They're beasts
    I love SHINee.

Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin are teh best!

I cannot find any news on Ayumi's hearing loss more recent than 2008; has she completely lost it by now? Is her singing affecTed?

I love SHINee.

I cannot find any news on Ayumi's hearing loss more recent than 2008; has she completely lost it by now? Is her singing affecTed?
    She announced it in 2008, she had complete hearing loss in her left ear. It didn't affect her right ear. It did seem to somewhat affect her vocals from about 2004 on

twittertumblrlast.fm

I guess Ayumi does not like talking about it much.

Is everyone familiar with Kumi Koda's scandals?

I guess Ayumi does not like talking about it much.

Is everyone familiar with Kumi Koda's scandals?
    I didn't know people could know anything about JPop without learning about Koda Kumi's 2008 Amniotic Fluid scandal.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I didn't know people could know anything about JPop without learning about Koda Kumi's 2008 Amniotic Fluid scandal.

I also hear she had a scandal involving simulated sexual acts with a champaigne or wine bottle.

I love SHINee.

What's your favorite song by them? Mine is Ring-Ding-Dong ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    What's your favorite song by them? Mine is Ring-Ding-Dong ^_^
    I love LUCIFER, both versions but the Japanese version a little more.

Also the PV is awesome, the Japan version was recently uploaded on Youtube by EMI(?)/whatever their Japanese record label is.

I love LUCIFER, both versions but the Japanese version a little more.

Also the PV is awesome, the Japan version was recently uploaded on Youtube by EMI(?)/whatever their Japanese record label is.
    I'll have to hear that
    I also thought Hello was pretty catchy

I also hear she had a scandal involving simulated sexual acts with a champaigne or wine bottle.
    I didn't think the JUICY PV gave her that much of a scandal, maybe it did, I don't remember

twittertumblrlast.fm

I didn't think the JUICY PV gave her that much of a scandal, maybe it did, I don't remember
    I hear Koda Kumiko-san is quite the polarizing figure in Japan.

She is "The Queen of Live" though.

Her live performances many times outdo her CD renditions.

October the 17th is so far away ;_; I can't wait that long.

My favourite SHINee song is LUCIFER or Shout Out. They're both pretty awesome. I also quite like BIG BANG and U-KISS - NEVERLAND by U-KISS is so amazing. I definitely prefer Korean girl groups though, quite a lot of the boy bands seem pretty boring in my opinion.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

October the 17th is so far away ;_; I can't wait that long.

My favourite SHINee song is LUCIFER or Shout Out. They're both pretty awesome. I also quite like BIG BANG and U-KISS - NEVERLAND by U-KISS is so amazing. I definitely prefer Korean girl groups though, quite a lot of the boy bands seem pretty boring in my opinion.
    I was caught in the TOrrent of K-pop sugar that is SNSD's song "Gee"

My first listen, it came off too bubblegummy, but a few days later and I tried it again last night, and I love it!!!!

It is infectiously catchy, they must have made a pact with devil to become the number 1 girl group in Asia.

I was caught in the TOrrent of K-pop sugar that is SNSD's song "Gee"

My first listen, it came off too bubblegummy, but a few days later and I tried it again last night, and I love it!!!!

It is infectiously catchy, they must have made a pact with devil to become the number 1 girl group in Asia.
    Gee is an amazing song. It's so infectious, once you hear it you just can't help but sing along. Definitely one of my favourite K-Pop songs, ever.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast