Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Pop/J-Pop/M-Pop

Last edited by Chris-kun; 14th October 2011 at 5:16 PM.

twittertumblrlast.fm

You beat me to it.

I actually love the teaser. It sounds a lot different to what they usually do, but their voices sound so different. Their English sounds a bit messy as well. Either way I'm still super excited for the song and album and I really hope they do well in the USA (doubt they will though).
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    You beat me to it.

I actually love the teaser. It sounds a lot different to what they usually do, but their voices sound so different. Their English sounds a bit messy as well. Either way I'm still super excited for the song and album and I really hope they do well in the USA (doubt they will though).
    I don't like that it sounds that different tbh. If I wanted different, I'd listen to another group. That's what they sound like, they don't sound like SNSD, they sound like someone else

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    I don't like that it sounds that different tbh. If I wanted different, I'd listen to another group. That's what they sound like, they don't sound like SNSD, they sound like someone else
    But artists have to change and evolve their sound, or else it gets stale and fans get bored. I think that because this is the lead single (and it's produced by an American) it's going to be something totally different to grab everyone's attention and the album will probably contain songs we'd consider SNSD-type songs.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

But artists have to change and evolve their sound, or else it gets stale and fans get bored. I think that because this is the lead single (and it's produced by an American) it's going to be something totally different to grab everyone's attention and the album will probably contain songs we'd consider SNSD-type songs.
    SNSD have their niche. The problem is, it's not just the wrong song for this group, it's a bad song. This won't grab anyone's attention because it's bad.

a preview from the verses. it doesn't get better. worst comeback ever and worst debut ever.

twittertumblrlast.fm

For K-pop, I enjoy 2NE1 very much. They are also quite creative with their outfits for concerts.

As for J-pop, UVERworld s the way to go, hands down. Chance was just amazing. That, and FLOW. World's End is so beautiful.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Sounds like a poor attempt to recreate the sound of Beyonce's Girls(who run da world).

Okay so my two loves in the world have now become B1A4 and U-kiss.

twittertumblrlast.fm

しらない (don't know those folks).

What group is the guy in your sig from?

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    しらない (don't know those folks).

What group is the guy in your sig from?
    that's Kevin, from U-kiss.

Man Man Ha Ni is the best song ever

twittertumblrlast.fm

NEVERLAND by U-KISS is awesome. Kiseop's my favourite in U-KISS, but Kevin and Soohyun are awesome as well.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

NEVERLAND by U-KISS is awesome. Kiseop's my favourite in U-KISS, but Kevin and Soohyun are awesome as well.
    NEVERLAND is pretty good, but I miss MY U-kiss, mostly Xander.

twittertumblrlast.fm

NEVERLAND is pretty good, but I miss MY U-kiss, mostly Xander.
    I only got into them when NEVERLAND came out so yeah.

To all the Ayu fans out there - what's your favourite album of hers? I've not heard them all yet but GUILTY stands out so far.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I only got into them when NEVERLAND came out so yeah.

To all the Ayu fans out there - what's your favourite album of hers? I've not heard them all yet but GUILTY stands out so far.
    I've been into them since Man Man Ha Ni came out, before Xander and Kibum left and those two new guys came in. Definitely recommend tracking down all their stuff.

My Ayu album ranking:

01. Memorial address
    02. GUILTY
    03. Love songs
    04. Duty
    05. MY STORY
    06.(miss)understood
    07. Secret
    08. Rock 'n' Roll Circus
    09. NEXT LEVEL
    10. I am...
    11. A Song for xx
    12. FIVE
    13. LOVEpepars
    14. RAINBOW

twittertumblrlast.fm

Well Shoujo Jidai's "The Boys" album is released in various outposts of the interwebz!!!

The Boys is an awful song. SHINee's LUCIFER + TVXQ's Keep Your Head Down + SM Entertainment's lack of caring + a shitty producer = The Boys.

And the english version is just laughably bad. I hope Secret or T-ara win all the awards tbh, this **** does not deserve it

twittertumblrlast.fm

The Boys is an awful song. SHINee's LUCIFER + TVXQ's Keep Your Head Down + SM Entertainment's lack of caring + a shitty producer = The Boys.

And the english version is just laughably bad. I hope Secret or T-ara win all the awards tbh, this **** does not deserve it
    What awards? Something akin to the Koream VMA's?

The Bo-peep song by Tara is quite catchy, albeit cheesy also, but I shamelessly adore it.

What awards? Something akin to the Koream VMA's?

The Bo-peep song by Tara is quite catchy, albeit cheesy also, but I shamelessly adore it.
    They have like awards for comebacks all the time or something, Korea's music industry is weird. SNSD don't deserve them imo, that's all I'm really saying.

twittertumblrlast.fm

They have like awards for comebacks all the time or something, Korea's music industry is weird. SNSD don't deserve them imo, that's all I'm really saying.
    Like an awards show?

OR just industry awards at a dinner or somethin?

Girl's Generation - THE BOYS Full English Video

The song is kinda meh, except for the rap. They look amazing but the song is a bit too slow paced imo.

Like an awards show?

OR just industry awards at a dinner or somethin?
    No, it's on the comeback stage, I think. I'm rather new to Kpop and the industry of it, so I don't know, but the television shows have awards or something. The only reason I know is because I remember KARA winning all the comeback awards and U-kiss's songwriter getting pissed about it back in September.

twittertumblrlast.fm

No, it's on the comeback stage, I think. I'm rather new to Kpop and the industry of it, so I don't know, but the television shows have awards or something. The only reason I know is because I remember KARA winning all the comeback awards and U-kiss's songwriter getting pissed about it back in September.
    When artists have their comebacks, they perform on music TV shows such as Music Bank, M.Net Countdown! etc. On each show they have a special way of working out the winners (sales, radio etc. I think). So all the candidates perform and at the end they announce the winner. Or something like that.

THE BOYS IS FLAWLESS AND THE SHAMELESS SONE IN ME IS CURSING YOU ALL. It's amazing. I love it so so much. I just cannot. My only complaint is that Yuri (my bias) only gets like 3 lines. And at the moment it's #52 on the US iTunes chart. And they got an all-kill. They are going to slay on their comeback performance. And I can pretty much guarantee a win.

The album is also flawless. It's perfect in every way I just love it so much. I cannot wait to see the comeback performance on the 21st.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

When artists have their comebacks, they perform on music TV shows such as Music Bank, M.Net Countdown! etc. On each show they have a special way of working out the winners (sales, radio etc. I think). So all the candidates perform and at the end they announce the winner. Or something like that.

THE BOYS IS FLAWLESS AND THE SHAMELESS SONE IN ME IS CURSING YOU ALL. It's amazing. I love it so so much. I just cannot. My only complaint is that Yuri (my bias) only gets like 3 lines. And at the moment it's #52 on the US iTunes chart. And they got an all-kill. They are going to slay on their comeback performance. And I can pretty much guarantee a win.

The album is also flawless. It's perfect in every way I just love it so much. I cannot wait to see the comeback performance on the 21st.
    The Boys is hit-or-miss, you either love it or hate it.

I'm still figuring out which applies in my case, need a few more listens.

Did you even listen to the chorus?

HOnestly, if they put a good chorus to this song, it'd probably be the best song ever, but the chorus absolutely ruins The Boys.

Sadly, yeah, SNSD will win all the awards. Not because they deserve it, but because they're the most popular artist having a comeback right now

twittertumblrlast.fm

Did you even listen to the chorus?

HOnestly, if they put a good chorus to this song, it'd probably be the best song ever, but the chorus absolutely ruins The Boys.

Sadly, yeah, SNSD will win all the awards. Not because they deserve it, but because they're the most popular artist having a comeback right now
    I think the chorus sounds unfitting but the song is still perfect and I love it. I'm going to love whatever SNSD bring out tbh but I really, really like The Boys.

For anyone who cares, the best songs on the album are Say Yes, Trick, Oscar and Lazy Girl (in my opinion anyway).
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast