Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon_Impact: Series 2

Shining Lugia Guest

I just remembered the whole Wes playing blackjack scene was from Looney Tunes: Back In Action! I love that movie! This chapter was really cool, I SO cannot wait for the next one! I can relate to Wes in so many ways....heh heh....

I kind of noticed that to SL. Also, I didn't have any time to read and reply to your other chapter yesterday though here I am now. Looking forward to the battling with the members of Team Dark!
    Later
    ~~CS~~

Shining Lugia: Yeah, I like the movie too, I couldn't resist making the pokemon version out of it. XD

Cs32: It's all right, mate. As long as you give a review, that's okay. This battle that BJ's gonna take up it's going to be... a little but unusual.

EDIT:
    Over 100 replies! Yes!
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 25th April 2005 at 4:08 PM.

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Episode 7: Evildoers of honour

Chapter 1

It was a bright afternoon. Black Jack, May and Isaac were battling with their respective pokemon, Metagross, Beautifly and Manectric, against a number of Team Dark grunts with their respective pokemon in a deserted village, containing a huge roman coliseum. Max was watching from a safe distance. So far, Black Jack, May and Isaac were gaining the upper hand, but Black Jack noticed that someone was missing. “Carry on without me, Metagross,” Black Jack said.

Metagross nodded back in response and continued battling while Black Jack walked to a small rock. He found Meowth, one of his teammates, hiding behind it like a coward.

“What are you doing there, you lazy bum?” Black Jack snarled as he took off his sunglasses, showing a moody frown.

“You wouldn’t hurt a poor and weak pokemon, would ya?” Meowth pleaded nervously. Black Jack responded by grabbing Meowth by the back.

“Body Slam attack!” he yelled as he tossed Meowth out like a spear.

“I don’t know that attack!” Meowth cried as he flew like a missile, missing his other teammates and slamming into the grunts and their pokemon, knocking them out but became dizzy after the impact.

“Nice job, Meowth,” Isaac said as he took out his pokeball. “Biggest move you’ve hit so far… in fact that’s the only move you’ve hit since we’ve started our mission.”

“Return!” the three pokemon trainers yelled, as they returned their respective pokemon back into their pokeballs.

As they were about to leave the village, a bunch of footsteps were heard. “Oh, great,” Black Jack moaned. “More Team Dark reinforcements.”

They turned their attentions to the footsteps. And sure enough, it was another bunch of Team Dark grunts. “This is getting boring now,” Black Jack said with a bored tone in his voice. “How many more of these punks do we have to deal with to get out of here?”

“Can you blame them?” Max replied. “There is a saying that there are strengths in numbers.”

As they were about to battle (apart from Meowth who was creeping away from them), a spear was coming towards them. “Don’t move,” Black Jack said.

“Huh?” Isaac and May replied as he suddenly stopped throwing his pokeball out, not understanding what their team-mate meant.

The spear flew passed them and landed right in front of the incoming grunts. “Oh, so that’s the reason why,” Isaac said, now getting Black Jack’s hint.

“Who dares!?” one of the grunts demanded.
    “What was that?” Black Jack asked, also wanting to know.

“Team Dark,” said a man’s voice with a serious tone.

Black jack’s team turned round to see three different creatures that they’ve never seen before. “What!?” Isaac yelled in shock. “More freak shows!?”

One of the creatures had a lower body and head of a Rapidash but it also had an upper muscular body of a man. Its mane and tail were replaced by fire. “A true warrior never takes an unfair advantage over his opponents,” he said.

“Says you,” shouted another grunt.

“Correct,” the creature replied. “Says an honourable and powerful warrior, for I am the one you call Centurion!”

Another creature also had the lower body of a rapidash but had the body and head of an Alakazam. “Anyone who dares dishonour the ways of a warrior shall be punished, for I am the one you call Mysterious,” he said as he aimed his gigantic spoon at the grunts.

The third creature also had the lower body of a rapidash but he had four arms, a muscular built body and head like a Macahmp. “Anyone who breaks the code of honour would only break themselves, for I am the one they call Brutus,” he said as he aimed his long axe at the grunts.

“Forget their appearances, you guys,” Black Jack said with a small frown. “This ‘warrior’ and ‘honour’ stuff is sad.”

“Out of the way!” the other grunt shouted impatiently. “We have to take care of these punks.”

“We’ll take it from here,” Centurion said. “You all had you’re your chances. Now it’s our turn.”

“What!?” Another grunt said in a shocked tone. “You can’t take credit from taking those guys…”

“Back off!” the first grunt shouted. “If they want to the credit, they can have it! Didn’t you guys know that these three could fight like champions?”

“Black Jack, you’re a champion right?” May asked, only to realise that he wasn’t paying attention to her as he was concentrating suspiciously on the three creatures. “Er, Black Jack,” May said, trying to get his attention but Black Jack still ignored her.

“Right, team!” yelled the grunt. “Move out!”

The other grunts did as they were told as they ran away from the scene. Centurion walked over to his lance and pulled it out of the ground. The creatures turned to Black Jack’s team. “Black Jack, May, Max and Isaac,” Centurion said. “I’ve heard so much about you four.”

“Four of us?” Isaac said in a confused tone. “Wait a minute! Where’s Meowth!?”

They looked round and spotted Meowth still tip-toeing away. “Allow me,” Mysterious said as he tossed his gigantic spoon out, making it land right in front of Meowth, stopping him in his tracks.

“Meowth, get back here!” Isaac yelled.

“I was just looking for an escape route,” Meowth murmured as he tiptoed backwards.

“So,” Black Jack said as he was still looking at the three creatures. “You three freaks also working for Team Dark?”

Centurion’s eyes narrowed as he attacked Black Jack with his lance. “Black Jack!!” May yelled alarmingly while everyone else gasped.

But Black Jack didn’t even flinch, still standing confidently as Centurion stopped his lance, millimetres away from Black Jack’s face. Centurion slowly moved his weapon away as he and Black Jack gazed at each other with arrogant eyes.

“Come,” Centurion said guiding Black Jack and his team-mates into the coliseum, followed by Brutus and Mysterious.

They stopped when they got to the center of the coliseum. “We have a challenge for you, Black Jack,” Centurion said.

“Listening,” Black Jack replied with slight interest.

“We have three members and you have five members on yours,” Centurion began. “You must select three of your best pokemon trainers. One member from each team will battle a round each. If the losing member of the team is defeated, the opposing team gets a point. Then the next member from their respective team will battle. The team with the highest points wins.”

“Not a bad idea,” Isaac said.

“If you win, you go free,” Mysterious said. “If you lose, we will decide your fate.”

“Fair enough,” Black Jack said as he turned to look at the little cat pokemon. “Meowth, you’re first.”

“Dah!!” Meowth yelled in shock. “Why me!?”

“We can’t have you lazing about all the time,” Black Jack said. “Would you rather be stomped by me or these freaks?”

“I’d rather be stomped by Jesse,” Meowth replied nervously.

“You insult for a pokemon!!” Isaac yelled angrily at Meowth’s face. “Where’s your pride!!?”

“I don’t have any,” Meowth replied, still being nervous.

A Tyranitar ran up to Meowth and roared at him, scaring him out of his wits. “All right! All right!! I’ll do it!!” Meowth yelled in a scared tone.

“Good,” Black Jack said walking over to Tyranitar. “Isaac, you wanna be next?”

“You’re the boss,” Isaac replied with a smile. “I’ll do my best.”

“Guess I’m third,” Black Jack said.

“Hey,” May said, feeling a little left out. “What about me?”

Black Jack turned his attention to May. “I know how strong you are, travelling around with Ash and me and all,” he replied. “But we’re gonna need you and your pokemon in full health in case of a Team Dark sneak attack.”

“Y’know, he’s got a point, May,” Max said. “Sometimes you got to think with your head, not always from your instincts.”

Listening to Max’s theory, Isaac noticed how smart Max was during the mission. “Hey, Black Jack! A dollar says that Max becomes a league champion on his first league,” he said jokingly.

“Heh, you’re on,” Black Jack said, catching the joke as he turned to the opposition. “Centurion, we’re done now.”

“We have also decided,” Centurion said. “Mysterious will be first to face your team, then Brutus, and then I.”

“I guess it’ll be you and me in the possible third round,” Black Jack replied.

“I’ll be looking forward to it, Black Jack,” Centurion said. “But you’ll be at a losing end.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More coming! Reviews please!

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Cool chaps dude, love 'em! They're -beeeeep-ing awesome! ^_^

-D_C-
    All your base are belong to US.

$$$$$$
    $$$$$$
    $$$$$$

Wow...cool new little twist with the made up pokes there. I'd actually like to see if Meowth can even battle or not. Don't have time to find mistakes if there are any, so maybe later.

sorry i'm late reveiwing my internet sucks so it takes a while to get online sometimes.anyway great chapter i liked the made up pokemon were they cloneing expermints like mewtwo?

DC: Thanx, dude!

Cs32: Thanx, there will be more freaks in the later chapters. And Meowth? I wouldn't bet my fiver on him.

ssw: I'll be explaining that in the furture chapters.

Chapter 2

Black Jack, Max, May and Isaac sat in spectators’ gallery of the coliseum, waiting for Meowth and Mysterious to battle in the first round, while Centurion and Brutus stood at the other side of the coliseum with a gong between them.

Mysterious was first of the two to make his way out into the arena, and then it was Meowth who was still looking very nervous.

“Don’t worry, Meowth!” Isaac yelled, encouraging him, as did Max and May. “You’ll do fine! Just be a little confident and do your best!”

“I can hear a lie detector exploding,” Black Jack said smugly. Suddenly, he heard his cell phone ring and answered it. “What?” he asked in an uninterested tone, knowing who it was.

“Pursue victory with honour!” Centurion yelled as he raised his lance. “Begin!” he yelled as he pointed at the two combatants.

As Brutus sounded the gong, starting the match, Meowth still stood scared while Mysterious confidently looked at him.

“I’ll offer you to make the first move,” Mysterious said.
    “Gee… tanks,” Meowth replied nervously.

Meowth then gathered up his courage as he ran towards while Mysterious still stood where he was. Meowth leapt into the air, as he was about to make his attack, much to Isaac’s need to shout out…

“Meowth!” he yelled. “Don’t attack straight ahead!”

“Oh no!” Meowth thought nervously, as he knew what was coming next.

Mysterious swung his gigantic spoon to knock Meowth out into the air like he was a baseball. “Looks like I’m blasting off alone!” Meowth cried, as he became out of sight. But he fell back into the stadium and crash-landed on a spectator seat behind Black Jack, who was still on his cell phone, much to the shock of Max and May.

“Hmm? Oh, it was only Meowth losing a battle,” Black Jack said, still speaking into the cell phone. “But unfortunately, Jenny, he’ll be fine. See you, later.”

“The winner… Mysterious!” Centurion yelled as he pointed his lance to his comrade while Black Jack placed away his cell phone.

“I’m next,” Isaac said as he got off his seat, looking at the unconscious Meowth.

A few minutes later, Isaac came onto the battlefield, as did Brutus. Showing no fear, Isaac took out his pokeball off his belt. “Go! Heracross!” he yelled as he tossed it out.

The blue horned insect pokemon materialised out of his pokeball and yelled out his name, getting ready to battle. “Pursue victory with honour!” Centurion yelled as he held up his lance. “Begin!”

Mysterious hit the gong, letting the battle commence.

“Heracross!” Isaac yelled as he pointed at the opposition. “Megahorn attack!”

Heracross opened his wings and quickly flew directly towards Brutus, aiming his horn as it glowed vigorously.

Brutus also charged at Heracross, ready to swing his axe. He swung his axe at Heracross but missed as Heracross flew up high into the air.

Brutus looked up at Heracross, predicting what he was going to do next. Heracross dived at Brutus using his Megahorn attack but missed as Brutus moved out of the way.

“Right,” Isaac thought as he clenched his fist in a determined way. “New strategy.”

“Heracross!” he yelled. “Do the runner!”

Heracross nodded at his trainer’s instructions and charged at Brutus once again. Brutus prepared himself to counter what attack that Heracross was going to use. As Heracross got closer, Brutus attempted to slam his axe on top of Heracross but missed as Heracross flew passed him, making him hit the ground instead.

As Brutus turned round, Heracross stuck his tongue at him while pulling a funny face, which made Brutus angry and began chasing him around the arena.

As the chasing continued, Heracross turned out to be faster than Brutus, who couldn’t catch up with him.

“Come on, Brutus, you’re more slower than a Slakoth,” Black Jack said, getting a little bit bored while Meowth was still unconscious.

Knowing that he couldn’t catch up, Brutus threw his axe. “Heracross! Look out!” Isaac warned.

Heracross heard his trainer’s voice and looked back at the incoming axe. But to his surprise, the axe went over his head, missing him. Heracross let out a small laugh with closed tight eyes but ended slamming into the pole of the axe that landed in front of him.

Heracross became dizzy as he walked away from the axe. Brutus saw this as an opportunity to knock him out.

“Heracross!” Isaac yelled. “Look out!”

But Heracross still stumbled as he walked towards Brutus as Brutus swung his fist towards him but missed as Heracross fell to the floor, inadvertently hitting one of Brutus’s legs, making him lose balance and hitting his body against the arena walls.

Heracross shook away his dizziness and saw Brutus in his weakened state. “Now’s your chance!” Isaac yelled. “Megahorn attack!”

Heracross’s horn glowed more vigorously than his last Megahorn as he charged at the staggered Brutus. With great impact, he slammed Brutus through the arena walls. Brutus slowly stood still feeling dizzy and then falling to the floor unconscious.

Both Mysterious and Centurion looked through the hole of the wall and saw Brutus knocked out on the floor. “The winners… Isaac and Heracross!” Centurion yelled as he pointed at Heracross.

“Way to go, Heracross!” Isaac yelled happily.
    “Heracro!!” Heracross yelled, also being happy.
    “Well, well,” Black Jack thought in an impressed tone. “Impressive strength.”

Knowing that it was Black Jack and Centurion next, they both looked at each other with narrowed eyes.

“This is it,” Black Jack thought. “To save the kids, I gotta beat this guy.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Shining Lugia Guest

Nice.
    Loving it still, I LOVE IT! Please continue!!!!

blaziken1234 Guest

srry i have not been replying...my computer broke so i read all of them (dont worry i am still ur biggest fan) and i love the fact that black jack always fites legendarys...they r legendarys...rite? ne way i think they r great...chapters that i missed..kepp doing a great job

Shining Lugia: Thanx. I'll continue.

Blaziken1234: That's okay... computers can be annoying sometimes. The creatures that Black Jack team is battling against are not legendaries, but mutated pokemon created by Team Dark.

Chapter 3

Black Jack and Centurion were the next two combatants to enter the arena. “C’mon, Black Jack!” Isaac yelled with encouragement, while Meowth was still unconscious from his battle with Mysterious. “It’s all down to you now!”

Even with the encouragement he was getting, Black Jack showed only an expressionless face while Centurion showed confidence. “It’s just you and me now, Black Jack,” he said.

“Before we start,” Black Jack said. “How about we raise the stakes a little bit?”

“I’m listening,” Centurion replied.

“I know that you are part of Team Dark, so don’t try to deny it,” Black Jack said. “If I beat you, and I will, you and your cronies must give me all the information of your organisation.”

“But what if I win?” Centurion asked.

“If you win? Your organisation can have me,” Black Jack replied.

“Very well,” Centurion replied, agreeing to the stakes. “As I am a warrior of honour and Team Dark, I vow to defeat you no matter what.”

“Enough with the honour stuff,” Black Jack thought as he lowered his head and closed his eyes in stress.

He opened his eyes and raised his head. “So, how do you want to battle me?” he asked. “Man to…” He stopped for a moment to think whether to call him a pokemon or not. He decided to call him that anyway. “Pokemon? Or pokemon to pokemon?”

“Humans are no match for me,” Centurion replied.

“I’ve wrestled a bunch of Ursaring once in my travels and I don’t see you as a threat, but have it your way. You’re going to find out why we humans call ourselves pokemon trainers.”

He took a pokeball off his belt. “Nidoking! Let’s whip some!” he yelled as he tossed out his pokeball.

Nidoking materialised from his pokeball and let out a loud roar, motivating itself to battle. “Did you expect that roar would intimidate me?” Centurion asked.

“It’s not the roar you should be worried about,” Black Jack said.

“Pursue victory with honour!” Brutus yelled as he held up his axe. “Begin!” he yelled as he pointed his axe with Mysterious sounded the gong.

“Nidoking!” Black Jack yelled as he pointed at Centurion. “Tackle attack!”

Nidoking did as he was told as he charged at Centurion while Centurion did the same. Centurion slightly lifted up his lance and attempted to stab the charging poison/ground pokemon with it, but missed as Nidoking dodged out of the way upon Black Jack’s command.

“Now! Mega punch attack!” Black Jack commanded.

Nidoking lifted up his clenched paw as he charged at Centurion again. Nidoking aimed his punch on Centurion’s gut but it got blocked when Centurion defended it with his staff. Centurion stumbled backwards as he felt the strength of Nidoking’s punch.

“Impressive, you two,” Centurion said.
    “Back at ya,” Black Jack said.
    “Nido,” Nidoking growled, agreeing with Black Jack.
    “It has been a long while since I faced a worthy opponent,” Centurion said.

He threw his lance at Nidoking, aiming for his face at the speed of a speeding bullet. “Deflect it back,” Black Jack commanded while remaining calm and confident.

So did Nidoking as he used his forelegs to hit the lance back at Centurion, who confidently caught it.

Centurion and Nidoking then walked round, stalking each other. Without warning, Centurion ran at Nidoking to stab him but Nidoking dodged each one, upon listening to Black Jack’s orders. Centurion then swung his lance but missed as Nidoking performed a back flip to escape the continuous attacks.

“Hmm, speedy,” Black Jack thought, while thinking of a strategy to counter his.

Centurion tossed out his lance again at Nidoking. “Knock it aside!” Black Jack yelled.

As instructed, Nidoking used his paws to knock it away. But the lance was a distraction as Centurion came charging at him. “Oldest trick in the book,” Black Jack said as he and Nidoking knew that Centurion was going to do that.

Centurion lowered his head and aimed his horn at Nidoking, who confidently grabbed it. Black Jack was about to shout out another command but to their surprise, Centurion was using his horn attack as a trap for Nidoking as he used his neck and back strength to throw Nidoking up into the air.

Shock came on Nidoking’s face as he was being thrown up into the air. But he gained back his senses as he somersaulted while intending to land on Centurion’s back.

Realising this, Centurion looked up in an attempt to grab his opponent or spike him with his horn. “Dodge his hands and grab his horn!” Black Jack yelled.

Centurion missed as Nidoking did as he was instructed as he moved slightly away from his clutches and grabbed him by the horn, landing on his feet.

Centurion let out a loud grunt as he felt the pain of his horn being pulled. “Go for the ride, Nidoking!” Black Jack yelled. Nidoking nodded as he jumped over Centurion’s head, using the horn for leverage. He landed on Centurion’s back as he held onto his horn, making him fall on his front.

Nidoking was still yanking back on Centurion’s horn, causing more pain on the horn and neck. But Centrution wasn’t near giving up as he got up on his feet and struggled to shake off Nidoking.

After a long struggle, Centurion finally got Nidoking off his back as Nidoking lost his grip on the horn. “You’re finished!” Centurion snarled as he raised his hand as a strange energy glowed on the palm of his hand.

“Nidoking! Get out of the way!” Black Jack yelled.

But Nidoking became shocked as he looked at a huge fireball coming towards Centurion from behind. “Nid Nidoking!” Nidoking yelled as he pointed at the incoming fireball.

The fireball landed a distance away behind Centurion, causing an explosion upon impact. He quickly stopped his attack and turned round to see what was going on.

To his horror, another huge fireball came shooting down on a part of the building and tons of huge bricks came falling down on his comrades. While he stared in shock, another fireball hit him in the back, sending him flying and crashing on the ground. Nidoking ran to his aid.

Black Jack saw another fireball coming towards his teammates. They let out a large scream in shock and horror, enough to wake Meowth up to see the incoming fireball, also screaming in fear. Acting fast, Black Jack tossed out his pokeball. “Metagross! Use Hyper Beam!” he instructed.

The Iron Leg pokemon became released from his pokeball and yelled out its battle cry as he shot out two large light energy beams out of his eyes. The attack collided with the fireball and they exploded on impact.

“Hey! Who was that!?” Max yelled.
    “Guess!” Isaac said with narrowed eyes as he looked up, knowing who it was.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

What? No reviews?

Chapter 4

They looked up and saw a helicopter hovering over them, attempting to land into the coliseum. As they landed, one of the Team Dark grunts jumped out of the helicopter. “You are such a fool, Centurion!” he yelled, catching the weakened Centurion’s attention, who was being helped up by Nidoking. “We have grown tired of you and your ‘fighting with honour’ stuff! You’re working for Team Dark, not for justice! For that, you shall be punished for making a nonsense out of Team Dark!”

Centurion’s eyes became widened with shock. Why did his human comrades attack him while he was attempting to defeat his enemy? Why was his enemy helping him get to his feet?

“Well, to tell you something,” Black Jack shouted. “You punks are already a joke to me!”

“You dare insult us?” shouted the grunt. “Get them!”

Black Jack pointed his finger at his foes. “Metagross!” he yelled. “Blow them away with your Hyper Beam!”

Metagross’s eyes glowed as he began charging up his powers to the fullest.

“So you want to play a shooting game, eh?” the grunt shouted. “Get ready to shoot them, men!”

Two of the grunts kneeled down to one knee and began charging up the powers of their bazooka weapons. “Ready…” yelled the leading grunt. “Aim… FIRE!”

“Shoot!” Black Jack ordered as Metagross shot out two humongous lights beams out of its eyes while the grunts also shot out their weapons. The two forces collided, creating a huge explosion upon impact.

“Now!” the leading grunt ordered. “While Metagross regains its energy, I need two more of you to open fire.”

“Not so fast!” shouted a girl’s voice. “Bulbasaur! Use your Razor Leaf!”

A bulbasaur jumped out of the smoke and shot out spinning leaves out of its back, knocking the weapons out of the grunts’s hands as May ran into the battle scene, along with Combusken, Munchlax and Beautifly. “Now Combusken!” she shouted. “Flamethrower!”

Combusken jumped into the air and shot a lick of flame at the grunts, distracting them as they jumped out of harm’s way as May called Beautifly out to use her Stun Spore. Beautifly as she flew up high in the air and fluttered her wings to scatter her dusts all over the grunts, paralysing them in the process as they inadvertently breathed in the dust.

“Thanks, May,” Black Jack said. “At least you’ve saved some time for me. Now let’s smash that helicopter apart!”

Before anyone made a move, they heard another helicopter hovering over them. “More of these!?” May yelled in an annoyed tone.
    “If they think that I’m going to pay for their medical bill, they can forget it,” Black Jack, also feeling annoyed.

Meanwhile, back at the spectators’ gallery, Meowth and Max were watching the action, with Max was yelling out encouragements to his sister. Little did they realise that two Team Dark grunts were creeping up on them from behind. “Heracro!” yelled a hissy voice, catching the grunts’ attention.

That also caught Max and Meowth’s attention, as they turned round. They turned to the voice’s attention, as did the grunts and they saw Heracross standing on top of a pillar. Without warning, Heracross leapt off the pillar and landed his body on top of the grunts, knocking them down. “Nice body slam, Heracross!” Isaac said running from the battle scene and back to Max and Meowth.

(Author’s note: () = Pokemon translation)

While Black Jack and the others were still battling the grunts, Nidoking was tending to Centurion, who had his hand on his hurt back. He took his hand off his back, showing no pain as he stood up. “(I don’t get it,)” Nidoking said. “(Why do you call yourself a warrior of honour when you are fighting for the bad guys?)”

Centurion looked at the curious Nidoking. “Like your friends, I also fought for the good of this world,” he answered, much to Nidoking’s shock.

-Flashback-

This village was a peaceful place to us, full of love and friendship towards others. Brutus, Mysterious and I were the only protectors of this town and no one caused any trouble because of that. Until one fateful day…

Team Dark invaded our village, looking for riches and strong pokemon like us, destroying everyone and everything that came their way. Many have died or escaped during the raid. Brutus and Mysterious struggled against our enemies but I never surrendered. Soon, I came face to face with a powerful but psychotic Machamp. Even though I knew what a Machamp looked like, he was wearing a mask covering mainly his mouth.

I fought long and hard against this strong opponent, but he was ruthless, relentless and powerful. Soon, I was defeated…

-End Flashback-

“The Team Dark leader acknowledged our strengths and used our DNA to increase our abilities,” he continued. He then looked at his hands. “And turned us into monsters…” he whispered.

“(You guys ain’t monsters,)” Nidoking replied. “(Those Team Dark punks are.)”

Centurion suddenly felt the pains on his back as he fell to his knees. Concerned, Nidoking intended to help Centurion. “I’ve been hurt worst,” Centurion said, assuring him. “You better see to that your friends succeed in defeating the grunts.”

Nidoking nodded in agreement as he ran to help Black Jack and the others to fend off the grunts.

As Centurion looked on with a smile on his face two familiar figures came over to him. “Centurion,” said one of them.

Centurion turned his head round and saw two of his friends, Mysterious and Brutus, and showed a small smile. “Alive and kicking I see,” he said.

“Indeed,” Mysterious replied as he looked at the battle scene. “Alive is what we are, and the kicking is what we shall do!”

“My sentiments exactly,” Brutus said. “We’ll show everyone on this battlefield how real fighters fight!”

They placed their weapons together in respect for each other. They then looked at the direction of the battle. “CHARGE!!” the three creatures yelled simultaneously as they charged into battle.

Black Jack’s Feraligatr looked at their direction. “Talk about crashing the party!” he thought as he raised his forelegs to defend himself.

“(Feraligatr!)” Nidoking roared as he helped Black Jack and the others knocked down one of the grunts. “They’re not our enemies! Trust me!)”

That caught Feraligatr’s attention. “(Not our enemies!?)” Feraligatr thought. “(Okay Doke…)”

Having so much trust in his friend, yet cautious, Feraligatr slowly let his guard down and to his surprise, the three warriors ran passed him. The blue crocodile stood for a few moments with an anime sweatdrop on his head. “(That was weird…)” Feraligatr growled to himself. “(First, they tried to kill us, now they’re fighting with us),”

He ran back into the battle. “(I wish they’d make their minds up),” He growled in an annoyed tone.

The warriors and Black Jack’s team were dominant in fending off the grunts of Team Dark. But still being suspicious, Black Jack decided to test the warrior’s trust. He spotted Centurion running towards another grunt with his weapon and saw as an opportunity to test Centurion’s trust.

As Centurion was about to hit the grunt with his lance, Black Jack ran into the grunt’s direction and knocked him down with a punch to the face. Centurion quickly noticed this and stopped his attack millimetres away his chest.

Black Jack showed a small smile, showing that he now trusted Centurion and his friends. He picked up the grunt that he knocked down. “This was yours, right?” he asked, much to the grunt’s confusion.

He shoved the grunt towards Centurion and Centurion held his lance horizontally, hitting he grunt’s neck with the pole of his lance, knocking him down.

“We’ve lost the advantage!” One of the grunts yelled. “We must retreat now!”

The other grunts did as they were instructed as they made their back to the helicopters. “Hey!” Black Jack yelled. “Let us help you out!”

“Hey!” May yelled. “Me too! Combusk…”

To her shock, there were two Blaziken sending the other grunts away. “Could it be that… my Combusken evolved into Blaziken!?” May cried happily.

“Let’s send those punks flying!” Black Jack said, which May agreed to.

“Blaziken!” they both yelled in unison. “Mega Kick attack!”

Both Blaziken engulfed in flames as they ran towards the two helicopters, much to the grunts’ dismay. They both leapt into the air and kicked a helicopter each like soccer balls, sending them flying until they were out of sight.

“Victory!” Brutus yelled happily as he raised his axe in triumph while the others also celebrated their victory.

May ran over to her Blaziken and gave it a huge hug in happiness, which Blaziken also returned. Others also congratulated May’s Blaziken with its evolution, with Max being the most enthusiastic. “One of us should come up with a nickname for one of our Blaziken,” Black Jack suggested.

Black Jack’s Blaziken held his paw up, signalling that he had a suggestion. He kneeled down and wrote down four letters that spelt out ‘Chan’.

“Is that what you wanna be called from now on?” Black Jack asked, which his Blaziken responded with a nod. “I guess that’s what his old man used to call him before he died,” Black Jack thought to himself theoretically in a sad tone.

He then turned his attention to Centurion who was not showing a happy face, despite their victory. “Why the moody face?” Black Jack asked.

Centurion looked to the skies. “I know that this will not be the last time we meet Team Dark, as long as they exist, we’ll never live in peace,” he said.

“That’s where we come in,” Isaac said as he pointed his thumb to himself. “When we kick Team Dark’s butt, you guys will be free from them meaning that you can do anything you want… except get in trouble.”

“You guys are already free,” Black Jack said. “But we haven’t finished our match yet.”

“There’s more to life than battling,” Centurion said. “For you have a mission that you must complete.”

He opened up one of the ends of his lance and out slid a small orange crystal into his hand, much to Black Jack’s team’s curiosity. “What is that?” Max asked.

“I am not certain myself,” Centurion answered. “We were ordered by the leader to search for this. Maybe he knows what this is.”

He handed the crystal over to Black Jack. “At first, we trusted that Team Dark would bring peace to our world,” he said. “But now that they saw us as pawns, instruments for destruction, we now leave you this. Help us save the world that we all belong in.”

“You’re not coming with us?” May asked, as Black Jack took the crystal.

“No,” Centurion answered. “For we must protect… our home.”

“Can’t blame him, I’d never leave my yard unattended,” Black Jack said.

“Don’t worry, Centurion,” Isaac continued as Black Jack tossed the crystal up into the air, catching it confidently and then placing it in his pocket. “We’ll beat those Team Dark punks like there’d be no tomorrow!”

Everyone in Black Jack’s team set off on Black Jack’s motorbike again to the rendezvous point as they waved their goodbyes to the three former members of Team Dark. As they were out of sight, Black Jack kept on the wondering of how special this crystal could be…

Next Epsiode: Ash's team made it to the rendezvous point, where they'd found more of Team Dark's plan... not to mention more trouble from them.
    Announcment: This fic will be put on hold for the next 2 - 3 weeks, as I'm going to be very, VERY busy due to university work. But...

: And it's a big 'but'...

... *???* That does not mean that I'm quitting on this fic!

In the mean time... reviews please!

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

very good i liked it.can't wait till the next chapter but i guess i'll have to.

blaziken1234 Guest

u just love to torture people dont u?
    I CANT WAIT 4 THE NEXT CHAPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shining Lugia Guest

aw, man.....please continue soon!!

ssw: When you think about it, 2 - 3 weeks isn't that long.

blaziken1234: No, I don't like to torture people.

Shining Lugia: Don't worry, I'll continue soon.

While you guys are waiting, can you guys answer this question? What is the best battle you've seen so far in both fics?

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

DetectiveLawful Guest

This is the best story I have ever read! Very good work!

blaziken1234 Guest

the best batle?
    i liked the 1 wen black jak and ash faught the guy with all the legendaries
    GO BLACK JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pokémon Impact: Series II Review
    Episodes I - VII

Hello, Brain Powell. I have received your PM , and I have finally gotten the chance to review your Fanfiction. It took me a good half-hour to read this fic, as the length was pretty short. But, still, it makes up for it with action-packed adventures with Black Jack and the ol' gang of Ash, Brock, Misty, May, Max, Jessie (which by the way you spelled it like a manly Jesse, which is incorrect), James, Meowth, and from Pokémon Colosseum: Wes and Rui.

Now, first and foremost, in Episode VI, in the Big Texan, when Wes was playing blackjack, he did not get 21. He got a 17. All blackjack (well, I'm WAY underage) experts say that you are supposed to split Aces, get one card, and if you did that, he would've gotten the queen and blackjack on that try.

Here's how you did it, and what it was supposed to be. Ace = 1/11, Two Aces = 2, then a five = 7/17, then a Queen = 17. If he'd gotten a four, then he would've gotten 21. Just letting you know that.

Secondly, I got to comment on your, sorry for saying this in a mean way, but it has to be said, numerous typos. Yes, I've counted way over 25 over the first three episodes, and about 20 in the next four. That's not good for a fic that got five stars. No offense, but typos are one of the worst things in fics.

You're "your"s and "you're"s are often mistaken, and you did a "ran passed" in a chapter in I believe Episode II, III, or IV, but it should be "Ran past". Next, you needed a little more description. A tiny bit of description to describe the scenery. Put some stuff in there to make it seem a little more realistic in terms of that.

In the dialogue, you are supposed to hit the enter key twice. For example:

"Hello," said Phil to Colleen.
    "Hi," said Colleen.
    It's supposed to be...

"Hello," said Phil to Colleen.

"Hi," said Colleen.
    Next, there were some commas replaced with periods, making some of the sentences fragments. Also, in Episode II, when Isaac was introduced, he had an Electrike. Now, it's a Manectric!? Where was the evolution?!

Now, here was what was good in the entire series. Black Jack is a very good guy, well-described, great "I'm tough, look at me in the eye and say 'I'm not,' and I shall kill you" personality and also, great, great, great (did I overuse "Great"?) use of Colosseumshipping! I like, I like very much. There is also a tiiiiiny hint of Advanceshipping as well.

The plotline is very good. It's unique, but Team Dark? Come on. You are an award-winning author. You can do better than that. *nudges shoulder* Come on man. And there's a nice comedic tone in there. Good puns, and nice use of the Max and Misty pulling the ear.

I give this story two stars in a movie critique. So, it's 2 out of 4. Good work, but just work on those typos. You need a beta, if you do not have one.

~Dragonfire~

DetectiveLawful: Ah-ha! A new reviewer! Thanx, mate!

Blaziken1234: Nice choice there, mate.

Dragonfire: Thanx for the review, mate.

Jessie (which by the way you spelled it like a manly Jesse, which is incorrect)
    Don’t blame me; the other guys were spelling it that way.

Now, first and foremost, in Episode VI, in the Big Texan, when Wes was playing blackjack, he did not get 21. He got a 17. All blackjack (well, I'm WAY underage) experts say that you are supposed to split Aces, get one card, and if you did that, he would've gotten the queen and blackjack on that try.

Here's how you did it, and what it was supposed to be. Ace = 1/11, Two Aces = 2, then a five = 7/17, then a Queen = 17. If he'd gotten a four, then he would've gotten 21. Just letting you know that.
    The way I played it with the people I know were playing it differently, so… *shrugs* I’m not an expert on the game… although I did mention this…

As the hitting continued
    In other quotes…

Secondly, I got to comment on your, sorry for saying this in a mean way, but it has to be said, numerous typos. Yes, I've counted way over 25 over the first three episodes, and about 20 in the next four. That's not good for a fic that got five stars. No offense, but typos are one of the worst things in fics.
    Next, there were some commas replaced with periods, making some of the sentences fragments.
    I blame MS Word for this, but I’m probably relying on it too much. And about the five star thing, I never voted on my fic, being totally honest, but I guess the other readers were focusing on the action rather than the grammar or spelling, etc.

Also, in Episode II, when Isaac was introduced, he had an Electrike. Now, it's a Manectric!? Where was the evolution?!
    I got a little bit mixed with the names of those two dogs. If you live in the UK, it’s like asking ‘which one’s Ant and which one’s Dec?’. XD

I’ll be changing that when I have the time.

Black Jack is a very good guy, well-described, great "I'm tough, look at me in the eye and say 'I'm not,' and I shall kill you" personality
    Blaziken1234 did ask me about how I came up with Black Jack, well here’s how I came up with him.

I was reading a small number of trainer fics as a ‘silent reader’ before I joined the forums and I found that most of them starred trainers who acts like nice people, and I started to think about a trainer who is different, someone who isn’t as good hearted as other people and someone who’d rather do anything he wants rather than a championship. That’s when I thought about him.

BTW, Dragonfire, you did notice how sick and twisted Black Jack can get, right?

Come on. You are an award-winning author. You can do better than that.
    I only won one award, while the other guys won more. But yes, I can do better.

You need a beta, if you do not have one.
    Suppose I could use one… for the next series.

I’ll be correcting those errors once I get all of my examinations out of the way. Once again, thanks, Dragonfire.

About the awards, unfortunately ‘Pokemon Impact’ didn’t win an award but I like to thank all of you that nominated and voted for me. Thank you.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

my fav battle was blackjack and ash vs mane.

Nice choice, ssw.

I've finished my exams, now I'm going back to work on my fanfic and fanfic reviewing.

Until the new chapter's up, just to stop this fic getting deleted, I'm going to set up a little game... 'Ask Black Jack'. You can ask my main character, Black Jack, any question you want and he'll give you answers in his personal view.

You ask him about himself, his relationship with other people, his pokemon, his battling style, the story, you get my drift. ^_^

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

what level are your pokemon black jack?

Black Jack's answers:
    what level are your pokemon black jack?
    Levels? This fic ain't based on some computer game, kid.

Episode 8: Lose a little, get a little something back

Chapter 1

Ash and his team arrived into Phanec city. Unlike most towns, this one looked the most pleasant and clean. Upon arrival, a cell phone was ringing from Stevens’s pocket. “Excuse me,” he said as he walked away.

“Hmm,” Brock said as he sniffed. “Nice scent.”

“Pika,” Pikachu squeaked, agreeing with Brock.

“Wonder where it’s coming from?” Ash asked.

“Oh, it’s coming from the flowers,” Mecha replied. “This city is famous for being so elegant and beautiful… although I’m not a big fan of those things.”

“Ash wasn’t a fan of those things until he asked me out,” Misty said.

“And you were real scrawny about it,” Ash mumbled to himself.

“What did you say!?” Misty yelled as she raised her hands in an attempt to strangle the frightened Ash until…

“No time to waste,” Stevens said, as he walked back to his group and placed away cell phone. “Remember, this is the rendezvous point and I got a call from Jenny. She said me that we’ll be meeting one of our informants at the cinema in half an hour.”

“Okay,” Ash replied. “But first, we need to get to the pokemon center. Pikachu could use a few snacks.”

“Not a bad idea,” Stevens said. “Plus, we’ll need a change of clothes.”

Fifteen minutes later, which could’ve been shorter if Brock would’ve stopped flirting with the pretty nurse at the pokemon center, they visited the cinema, expecting to meet their informant. Upon arrival inside the cinema, the place looked rather posh and luxurious, such as red, black, and white patterned carpet and plants placed to both sides of the doors.

They were wearing the same attire (except Mecha), as they wore a long black leather jacket each, with matching black jeans and t-shirts.

“We’re gonna have to buy ourselves some tickets,” Stevens whispered to the others. “We can’t give ourselves away just in case Team Dark are onto us.”

They walked to the information booth and picked up a leaflet, which showed a list of different movies being shown in different theatres.

“The movie we’re looking for is called ‘The Messenger,’ Stevens said as he looked into the leaflet. “Which is in theatre seven.”

“The Messenger…” Ash said. “I heard that it got low ratings and the critics hated it, I don’t know why we would want to see that movie.”

“That’s the reason why we’re meeting our informant there,” Stevens said. “There’d be less chance of Team Dark finding us there, plus there’s less chance of risking the innocent.”

They entered the theatre. Upon entry, the room has a number of rows of ten red-coloured seats each, and the carpet was patterned with red, white, black, and brown colours. At the end of the theatre was a large red curtain, hiding the screen that would be showing a movie soon. As the group looked round, no one was there, not even the informant.

“He must be running late,” Stevens said. “Let’s take our seats.”

They sat somewhere in one of the middle rows and waited patiently for the informant to arrive. After a few minutes of waiting the curtains lifted and it showed a couple of previews of upcoming movies, then it showed the main movie, ‘The Messenger’.

“Greetings, Detective Stevens,” a man said as he suddenly appeared on-screen, much to the shock of Ash and his teammates. His face was blurry, so he’s identity was hidden from them.

“If you’re watching this, then you are aware that the world is in grave danger,” he continued. “The other groups should have receive their respective information on them that will share with you later on. The film you’re about to see reflects on what plans the Team Dark Leader has in mind for world domination.”

The following screens showed scientists testing their chemicals on various pokemon, which would increase their strengths and other statistics, but some of the chemicals killed some of them, as they were too poisonous for them.

Then they showed a masked Machamp smashing robots to pieces while the scientists were observing him from another room. The mask looked like a mask to stop the Machamp biting people. It was smashing robots in a psychotic way, caused by the tests and chemicals the scientists ran on him.

“Samson…” Mecha whispered.

“Did you say something?” Stevens asked.

“Huh?” Mecha asked, realising what he had just said. “Er… no.”

“Look at those pokemon,” Misty said sympathetically.

“They can’t do this,” Ash said, gnarling his teeth with anger.

“So that’s the information that guy is providing,” Brock said. “I wonder if…”

Suddenly, the screen went fuzzy, much to the group’s surprise. Then a group of Team Dark grunts barged into the room. “Team Dark! They must’ve messed up the film!” Stevens yelled.

“Pikachu!” Ash yelled as he got up to his feet. “Thunderbolt!”

Pikachu leapt into the air and let out a huge cry as sparks of lightning came shooting out of his body, shocking most of the grunts. As the action continued, Stevens thought about the film. “Guys,” Stevens whispered, catching Mecha, Brock and Misty’s attention. “I’m going to look for the film, one of you come with me.”

“I’ll go,” Brock whispered as he followed Stevens from behind.

Back at the battle scene, Ash ordered Pikachu to take out the last standing group with his Iron Tail attack. Pikachu did as he was instructed as he slammed his vigorously glowing tail onto the face of the grunt, knocking him out.

“We did it, Pikachu!” Ash yelled.

“Pi Pikachu!” Pikachu squeaked, showing a ‘V’ sign with its paws.

As Ash turned round, only Misty was there. “Hey! Where’s Brock and Stevens?” he asked.

“They’ve gone to look for that film,” Misty replied.

Sure enough, Stevens and Brock spotted a grunt that was carrying the film in a bag and gave chase. Noticing that grunt was running faster than both of them, Stevens took out his pokeball. “Quicksilver! Go!” he yelled as he tossed out his pokeball.

“Scyther!” A green grasshopper-like pokemon cried as it materialised from coming out of its pokeball.

“Quicksilver!” Stevens yelled. “Get that grunt!”

Quicksilver obeyed its master as it quickly flew past the grunt and landed in front of him, threatening to attack. The grunt turned round to see if there was any other way to escape, but he was surrounded when Brock and Stevens closed in.

“Hand over the film!” Brock demanded.

The grunt looked over the shoulder of his pursuers and saw another bunch of grunts coming his way. “Catch!” he yelled as he tossed the film over the heads of Brock and Stevens.

One of the grunts were about to catch the film but got knocked to the floor by Mecha, who successfully caught the film instead.

Ash and Misty ran into the scene and yelled to Mecha to throw it back to him, but the other grunts surrounded Mecha. Thinking quickly, Ash took out a pokeball off his belt. “Go, Swellow!” Ash yelled as he tossed it out.

A red, white and black bird materialised from its pokeball. Realising what Ash’s plan was, he tossed the bag up into the air. “Swellow! Grab that bag!” Ash yelled. Swellow obeyed as he flew towards the bag and grabbed it with its beak.

The grunts looked up at Swellow as it flew around the entrance hall of the cinema. Seeing them distracted, Ash took his chance to whisper his plan to Misty. “Misty,” he whispered. “Run over to the entrance way, use one of your pokemon if you have to, I’ll get Swellow to drop the film to ya. You need to catch the film and make a run for it back to the pokemon center. Stevens, Brock and I will take care of the grunts.”

Being slightly hesitant, Misty gave a small nod, hoping that this plan will work. As planned, while the grunts were trying to get the film from Swellow, Misty quickly crept over to the entranceway with her back by the walls. Finally, she made it.

“Swellow! Fly towards Misty and drop the film!” Ash yelled as he saw her at her target location.

Swellow did as it was instructed as it dropped the film, with Misty catching successfully. “I got it!” Misty yelled triumphantly.

Suddenly, a pair of grey hands grabbed her from behind, much to the shock of Ash and his teammates. Ash ran to get Misty’s kidnapper when the grunts blocked the entranceway. “We don’t think so, kid!” yelled one of the grunts letting the kidnapper get away.

“They must be working with that thief!” Stevens yelled. “We have to get through them to get the film back!”

“Misty as well,” Ash snarled, gnarling his teeth.

Suddenly, an explosion occurred from the entranceway, knocking down some of the grunts. That caught the attentions of the grunts, Ash, Stevens and Brock as they turned to the direction of the explosion. It turned that it was Wes, with his Tyranitar standing beside him.

“You guys have a party and you didn’t invite us?” Wes said coolly as his respective team arrived to the scene.

“Ludicolo! Go!” Brock yelled out as he tossed out his pokeball.

A strange Mexican plant-like pokemon materialised from its pokeball. “Use your Water Gun!” Brock yelled.

Ludicolo breathed in and shot out a huge fountain out of its mouth, knocking down some of the grunts and making a clear path.

“Get going, Ash!” Brock yelled. “Misty needs you!”

Ash nodded and ran towards the entranceway, with Pikachu jumping to his shoulder as he recalled Swellow. “Ash,” Rui yelled. “Where are you going?”

“To save Misty,” Ash yelled as he ran into the direction the kidnapper went. As Ash left the battle scene, a few more familiar figures entered it as Jenny, one of Wes’s teammates turned round and looked at them with a smile on her face.

Meanwhile, as Ash ran around the corner, he and Pikachu looked at the backdoor being slammed shut. Assuming that the kidnapper went through there, Ash ran to the door and he and Pikachu pulled it with everything they’ve got. “It won’t budge,” he said with a strain.

Ash let go of the door handle and took out a pokeball. “Meganium!” Ash yelled as he tossed it out. “I choose you!”

The green dinosaur-like pokemon, with petals around came out of its pokeball, yelling out its name. “Meganium,” Ash yelled. “Break the door down!”

Meganium did as she was told as she ran like a Tauros and slammed its body onto to door, breaking it down. “Nice one, Meganium!” Ash said as he returned Meganium back into her pokeball.

He, with Pikachu on his shoulder, quickly ran up the stairs and spotted a grey figure at the top of the stairs. “Ash! Help!” yelled a familiar voice.

“Misty!” Ash yelled as he started running up the stairs as fast as he could.

The kidnapper turned out to be the psychotic masked Machamp as he made it to the roof with Misty on its shoulder. Misty struggled to break free from its grasp, but Machamp still won’t let go until he dropped her on her back. He then snatched the bag with the film in it away from Misty and gave her a psychotic stare with a nasty growl.

Soon, a black helicopter with a huge red D written on flew by and the driver spotted the masked Machamp. He looked up and saw it flying down to him, he then maliciously looked at Misty and gave her a nasty growl as it grabbed onto the railings beneath the helicopter while holding onto the bag.

Misty decided to take a risk as she leapt and grabbed onto the Machamp. As she did, Ash finally got to the top of the building and saw Misty holding on to the masked Machamp. Misty spotted Ash and yelled out that Machamp got the film.

“Hey!” Ash yelled as he ran to the edge of the roof. “Give her back!”

The driver of the helicopter told Machamp to shake Misty off him. Machamp did as he was told as he shook Misty off, making her fall a great height, much to Ash and Pikachu’s horror.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, you can still play 'Ask Black Jack'.
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 27th May 2005 at 3:23 PM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Hey! It's finally back up teh fic! ^_^

It was pretty cool... It seems to be turning to a sci-fi-esque. I like that....

As for the Ask Black Jack thing...

Do you think Ash could beat you in a battle?
    If you're the good guy, why are you still "Black" Jack?
    I'll think of more later ^_^

-D_C-
    All your base are belong to US.

$$$$$$
    $$$$$$
    $$$$$$

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast