Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

pika qa knocks out emolga

Well, that was pointless...

It was female after all...

And everyone is all o.o at tynamo and pikachu gets tackled into the wall.
    That thing is way too fast so thats how that made up for its moveset with super tackling.
    Iron tail to the neck of Tynamo and is knocked into a wall and ash won
    Last edited by Evll33t; 29th September 2011 at 12:21 PM.

And Iron Tail knocks out Tynamo, Ash won.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I actually hope Ash loses now. No writers people hated piplup last season for it, we don't want it all over again with pikachu this season, at least piplup was only about for a season.
    Last edited by Sushi; 29th September 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Umm, LAMEST GYM BATTLE EVER!
    Snivy is defeated without any hits on Emolga, and both Emolga and Tynamo are 1HKO defeated by Pikachu. LAME WRITERS, LAME!!!
    Once again, damn Pikachu is staring...
    RandomOne

that ended way too fast. pika basically one-shotted two pokemon. that is not good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    that ended way too fast. pika basically one-shotted two pokemon. that is not good writing.
    Hey he didn't win ANY gyms last gen, so he was due this.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

As Adamant just informed me, this battle showcases and states Ash's realisation that he is a much better trainer when he improvises over when he plans out ahead

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    And reused the win from last gym iron tail to the neck area. . .but added a wall for all the defeats for Elesa.

That gym battle was dreadful. The structure was all over the place.

So, once again, Snivy is reduced to being nothing more than a gender indicator...

How sad.

I am SO angry that the writers screwed over snivy AGAIN for pikachu to steal glory AGAIN. Talk about take from the poor and give to the rich.

Pikachu has like 30 gym wins already I would happily never see it in a gym battle ever again. Tepig and oshawott have been used in almost or every gym so far and snivy is unfairly beaten on her first gym for that vermin to get two. I would rather palpitoad to have got two in his first gym. The way I see it is pikachu should have got 0, yes 0 wins in this gym, palpitoad 1 and snivy 2 or possibly the other way round.

I hate BW's gym record so far. Worst since Kanto.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So, once again, Snivy is reduced to being nothing more than a gender indicator...

How sad.
    And there was a perfect moment to use it on Palpitoad to finally find out its gender too. . .

edit: Guess I must have missed it by lag as it seems its gender was confirmed.
    Last edited by Evll33t; 29th September 2011 at 12:39 PM.

This gym was really awful, short and pointless. The worst gym in Pokemon's history.
    RandomOne

Maybe it's just tradition that pikachu needs to be used in all electric gyms /shrugs.

Dissapointed about how Snivy's battle was handled, her gym debut and she gets owned, not cool

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOne View Post
    This gym was really awful, short and pointless. The worst gym in Pokemon's history.
    Nah I would call Watson's for obvious reasons the worst but I would say this was not really decent. . .

It wasn't really short, took up the whole episode like most gym battles do, i didn't mind it..gym battles have been a bit lackluster this series.

I do <3 Elesa though, defo my favourite gym leader now

When I'm saying short, I refer it to the battles - 1HKO for both Emolga and Tynamo, and for Snivy - after like 30 seconds she was out with no hits on Emolga. Pretty screwed up.
    RandomOne

i'm confused what did Pikachu use to knock out Emolga?

Umm, LAMEST GYM BATTLE EVER!
    Snivy is defeated without any hits on Emolga, and both Emolga and Tynamo are 1HKO defeated by Pikachu. LAME WRITERS, LAME!!!
    Once again, damn Pikachu is staring...
    Emolga had Aerial Ace, which did it's toll on Snivy and since Snivy's a Grass type...

You mean, worse than the ones where Ash didn't even win the gym battles, plus Ash used a bit of strategy here. I think you're overreacting. Palpitoad got a win, Snivy is shown that she isn't that strong yet again and Pikachu got some more wins, which is alright since it lost to Excadrill and it'll probably lose to Bouffalant.

This battle was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    No idea, I only saw Electro Ball clashing against Electro Ball.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    A single quick attack

This has to be my least favorite gym battle so far in Unova.

There were some great moments, and funny moments like Ash leaving the gym in the middle of the battle. But everything else was just nauseatingly bad.

- Palpitoad is male. I mean why give it such a feminine voice? I mean it was very feminine in this battle, even more so than it has been in the past few episodes. So yeah, not really cool. But I expected prior to this episode that Palpitoad was male, way to cheapen it here. And I'll get to why this is even worse down the line.

- Snivy lost. If anyone should've lost it should've been the rat but I'll get to that it an moment.

- Ash was completely and utterly out of character. Whomever wrote this, kindly stay the hell away from gyms from now on. Seriously, I don't care what kind of message you're trying to shove down our throats but honestly you did not need to make Ash do horribly that you had to resort to Cheapchu as your last resort.

- Pikachu.
    A)Okay so let me get this straight. Elesa's Emolga isn't male and is female, and yet she didn't use ONE attract on Pikachu at all. What the hell. This is what really irritates me. It's like the writer went "Oh we did the attract thing just to confirm Palpitoad and Emolga's gender" but no sense it using it in a way that might actually cost Ash the entire battle by not using it on Pikachu. It doesn't help any that Elesa just let Pikachu use that OHKO quick attack on Emolga.

B). Pikachu being chosen in this. I mean it's bad enough that Ash is completely and utterly out of character. They really had to bring in Pikachu in all this and make it be the one that smacks Ash upside the head. Roggenrola would've been so much better. Sure it takes 1x damage from electric attacks, but honestly all Tynamo ever did (as far as I saw) was tackle. Ooh Roggenrola is going to be knocked out from a tackle.

The only decent match which has it's downsides as well is Palpitoad's battle with Zebstrika. And the only reason why I can't praise it for being the best battle, is because of that stupid close call it had, where it looked like it was knocked out.

I don't know how this episode that revolved primarily around the gym battle, could have so many things wrong with it. And I can't blame the gym being sucky merely just because of Pikachu. Because there were so many other things wrong with this gym that Pikachu is merely icing on the rotten nasty cake.

Now I didn't watch this is perfect quality, so maybe my irritation primarily stems from the fact I was getting annoyed with the quality not being perfect. So I'm going to reserve final judgement until I can actually see it in better quality. But from what I saw and what I expected, least favorite gym of Unova so far.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 29th September 2011 at 1:08 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Emolga had Aerial Ace, which did it's toll on Snivy and since Snivy's a Grass type...

You mean, worse than the ones where Ash didn't even win the gym battles, plus Ash used a bit of strategy here. I think you're overreacting. Palpitoad got a win, Snivy is shown that she isn't that strong yet again and Pikachu got some more wins, which is alright since it lost to Excadrill and it'll probably lose to Bouffalant.

This battle was good.

No idea, I only saw Electro Ball clashing against Electro Ball.
    Yes, and he nearly lost because of it.

I find that amusing, Ash overthinking things is bad yet him impulse thinking is good.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast