Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

Ash was acting very unlike himself, and so was Pikachu...

anywho...

I think it's time Ash checked in between everyone of of his Pokemon's legs and take note of who's male and who's female, ESPECIALLY since in this saga, there is so much emphasis on Attract!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

This was a cool episode:

Facing a gym that has same type as his main pokemon and using a pokemon that is immune to that type, and having that type advange being metioned.

Normaly when it comes to a battle between an electric type vs. a ground type he's the one with the electric type. That's what makes him using a ground type at an electric gym intresting.

Huh, I bet no one ever expected Ash to actually admit that he should use some of his other Pokemon more and that he relies a lot on Pikachu, Oshawott, and Tepig.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Ugh...this episode was even worse in English than Japanese. Ash should have seriously been DQ'ed for leaving the battle. Utterly ridiculous!

I'm glad that Ash got a gym badge from Elisa but today's episode that boy disappointed me by making dumb choices. He should have know better not to rely on one pokemon during the battle including the Gym Battles. But I'm glad that Pikachu got Ash back to his senses.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

No idea how the language barrier affects the performance of the episode.

But anyway, I liked the episode, but not Ash. If Ash uses a notebook and his brain, it's clear it's going to a be a recipe for disaster.

In fact, this episode highlighted his weakest character traits: thinking, opposite gender issues, and probably the ignorance of winning a battle with just one type advantage AGAINST his already suicidal handicapped fights against type disadvantages. What a shock.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 25th February 2012 at 5:40 PM.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post

Simple. My Japanese is terrible, so I only just imagine what is said. Now that I know what is being said, it only makes the episode worse for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Simple. My Japanese is terrible, so I only just imagine what is said. Now that I know what is being said, it only makes the episode worse for me.
    Which...in case makes both languages equally terrible in the end to you.

Pikachu was like a different persona today

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    The catalyst was using his brain and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    EXACTLY!
    The only other time I saw this Pikachu was 2 episodes ago in "Battle for the Underground". Pikachu is developing short temperament.

As for Ash, The moment I saw Ash holding a book I was like "Now what is this lil prepubescent kid TRYING to think up?" Cause that was his first mistake.

Usually Ash wings it. Then to bring ONE Pokemon only was dumb stupid!
    I really don't know which Ash comes to which episode. The kid has a personality disorder for sure, and Pikachu is not far behind!

Like I said, Ash needs to spread his Pokemon's legs like wide open and check in between to list what sex each of his Pokemon is. I REMEMBERED Snivy was a girl!
    Pokemon Journals

Angry

I've seen Ash make some pretty dumb calls throughout the anime but this one takes the cake! Who the heck brings just 1 Pokemon to a 3 on 3 gym battle!? How can you be so stupid!?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

You thought Ash was getting smarter; it's surprising how one battle can flush all that down the toilet.....

Was it just me, or did Pikachu get a different voice? He sounded different to me
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I've seen Ash make some pretty dumb calls throughout the anime but this one takes the cake! Who the heck brings just 1 Pokemon to a 3 on 3 gym battle!? How can you be so stupid!?
    I know it's justified, but geez, you're making a whirlpool in a glass of water with that comment.

Marbi Z makes all the sense!
    Pokemon Journals

Despite Ash being a huge noob, Pikachu vs Emolga and Tynamo is one of my favourite battles in BW so no matter how hard I try to hate the episode I just can't, the BGM and bond between Ash and Pikachu is incredible.

I can't believe I used to like this. I guess I tried to justify the battle because I enjoy Pikachu's and Ash's bond but watching it again, this is definitely the worst gym battle in Unova. It was awful.

Ash suddenly became the dumbest trainer in the world ( you forget Snivy is a female and only bring Palpitoad to the gym? you forget Emolga is a flying type? really?) and there were no intense matches. Add to that Elesa's so-so ability as a gym leader. Your pokemon should listen to your commands and then attack. Tynamo attacked without her orders and it cost her the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I can't believe I used to like this. I guess I tried to justify the battle because I enjoy Pikachu's and Ash's bond but watching it again, this is definitely the worst gym battle in Unova. It was awful.

Ash suddenly became the dumbest trainer in the world ( you forget Snivy is a female and only bring Palpitoad to the gym? you forget Emolga is a flying type? really?) and there were no intense matches. Add to that Elesa's so-so ability as a gym leader. Your pokemon should listen to your commands and then attack. Tynamo attacked without her orders and it cost her the win.
    Technically, Elesa called Tackle but then Pikachu did the Thunderbotl spam which just delayed the last called Tackle.

It didn't attack out of place as she called it.

Random : PokéRadar

I agree to some extent, Pikachu vs Emolga and Tynamo is brilliant for me, and Ash and Pikachu's bond definetly, everything else was unbearable to watch.

Ash suddenly became the dumbest trainer in the world ( you forget Snivy is a female and only bring Palpitoad to the gym? you forget Emolga is a flying type? really?)
    Ugh, this type of moment is where you realise the show is definetly intended for newer audiences, the writers can't be this harsh to older fans who have been watching for years. It feels a waste.

and there were no intense matches.
    Pikachu vs Tynamo was very intense!

Add to that Elesa's so-so ability as a gym leader. Your pokemon should listen to your commands and then attack. Tynamo attacked without her orders and it cost her the win.
    1 - What Tails Sliat said definetly.

2 - You could say this is Tynamo's personality trait and instinct, it's first though is to attack what it sees, I don't see this as a problem. Elesa obviously took this into consideration when she caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post

But anyway, I liked the episode, but not Ash. If Ash uses a notebook and his brain, it's clear it's going to a be a recipe for disaster.

In fact, this episode highlighted his weakest character traits: thinking, opposite gender issues, and probably the ignorance of winning a battle with just one type advantage AGAINST his already suicidal handicapped fights against type disadvantages. What a shock.
    This is what I hated about the episode. It gave the message that "Being dumb is good, don't think things through, and men have no idea how to tell the diffences between gender" and having Pikachu sweep the gym was just lazy writing.

The only positive thing I can say about this episode is that Palpitoad is a BAMF.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

This episode was so odd... I mean, Ash in this episode was like other person.

They made Ash really different and stupid in this gym battle, and that's what annoys me. How could he forget that Snivy is female? How can he relay only on one Pokemon?

And there was barely any action in this battle. Pikachu OHKOed both Emolga and Tynamo.

That was such a bad and terrible gym battle and I would like that it won't be mentioned ever again.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Technically, Elesa called Tackle but then Pikachu did the Thunderbotl spam which just delayed the last called Tackle.

It didn't attack out of place as she called it.
    Then why did she look so surprised when it just ran off with the Tackle?

I didn't take it as the Tackle being delayed, more as the attack being interrupted and her needing to command something else after the dust tunnel strategy.

But that makes sense, I guess, so I'll take your reasoning.

You will NOT come for Elesa like that, sis. She's the best Gym Leader in the Unova region and you will deal.

I actually thought that the Gym battle was great. The only thing that I didn't like was that part where it seemed that Elesa's Tynamo attacked without instruction, but someone already clarified what happened. Still, I wish that things like this would be cleared up in the actual anime, otherwise kids could make wrong assumptions. :x

Then why did she look so surprised when it just ran off with the Tackle?

I didn't take it as the Tackle being delayed, more as the attack being interrupted and her needing to command something else after the dust tunnel strategy.

But that makes sense, I guess, so I'll take your reasoning.
    She looked surprised as she saw what Ash was planning so she wanted to call back her previously said Tackle. At least that's how I saw it.

Random : PokéRadar

It was a good episode. The battle between Ash and Elesa is neat and the part when Ash's friends were like "what!?" when they learned he only brought Palpitoad.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast