Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

Anyone else notice they called Emonga by its English name once, and then used "Emonga" the rest of the episode? And it kept its Japanese VA, which is pretty awesome.

I believe the episode had intense battle moments, Like Tynamo vs Pikachu.
    It looked like DBZ action getting their bodies imprinted on the walls.

Besides since when did Tackle get that strong?
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

NO.

They removed the B/W Ending soundtrack when Pikachu fought against Tynamo!

That was what made the episode so great! Im am really annoyed right now.

This marks the day that I officially prefer the RAW over the DUB...

I so felt Elesa was flirting with Ash lol

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Like I said, Ash needs to spread his Pokemon's legs like wide open and check in between to list what sex each of his Pokemon is. I REMEMBERED Snivy was a girl!
    If Ash ever does this in the future it won't be seen in anime (much to my dismay) in a the Unova league hell probably say Don't worry! I know what gender my Pokemon are now!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I like how there was a commercail break at the 2 atrracts part. This pumps the question of Palpitoad's gender.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You will NOT come for Elesa like that, sis. She's the best Gym Leader in the Unova region and you will deal.
    Her in-game version makes a better representation.

This one is just more upbeat and sticks to her career as a model more. It's very ironic since both Elesas are the opposite of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Goomba Bulbs Jr. View Post
    I like how there was a commercail break at the 2 atrracts part. This pumps the question of Palpitoad's gender.
    He's clearly a male.

I hated this episode SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it wasn't for Palpitoad, this would be one of the worst gyms ever!!!!!!!!!

Seriously two one hit KO's??? SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!! God I am so annoyed with this gym!!!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I hated this episode SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it wasn't for Palpitoad, this would be one of the worst gyms ever!!!!!!!!!

Seriously two one hit KO's??? SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!! God I am so annoyed with this gym!!!!!
    The OHKOs seem reasonable though. Emolga (Emolga went down in one hit, right?) and Tynamo are both rather frail Pokemon. Especially Tynamo, plus Iron Tail hit at close range and full force.

Anyways, one of the best battles in BW. Ash's strategy failing was funny but understandable; most of the time Palpitoad would dominate. I especially loved Pikachu vs Tynamo; Pikachu using Thunderbolt to change the battlefield was a very creative strategy.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

I finally caught the dub. This was such a dumb episode. Ash becomes a moron who doesn't know his arse from his elbow (moreso than we've seen in a very long time) and Pikachu becomes a jealous shrew. It didn't even make sense that Ash was out of options to battle Emolga with, as he has Roggenrola. An entertaining and at times funny episode, sure, but gym battle victories should reward the better traits of his character, not glorify the lesser ones. I pretty much hated it, and that very rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    He's clearly a male.
    Clearly? how can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    He's clearly a male.
    Clearly? What if the two attracts worked?
    Last edited by Sushi; 21st April 2012 at 6:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Goomba Bulbs Jr. View Post
    Clearly? What if the two attracts worked?
    There's no if. The Attracts didn't work confirming Palpitoad's a male because Emolga's a female.

After rewatching this episode in the raw and dub, it's definete to me the raw bgm is what made it so exciting for me.

Nonetheless, after rewatching the dub, I did still enjoy the Gym Battle very much and despite Ash being a complete total ultimate mega serious unbelievable noob Pikachu vs Tynamo is still one of my favourites of all time.

I'll give this episode 6/10, these points are purely from Palpitoad vs Zebstrika and Pikachu fighting Tynamo though, Ash being a noob is what completely destroyed this episode really.

Why the dubbers felt the need to remove the BW ending bgm i'll never know, and never forgive.

I enjoyed this episode. The battle between Ash and Elesa went rather well...
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

So today is the day Ash fights Elesa!!!!!

However, first we go to the night before and we see Ash thinking up a strategy with a pen and paper???? Thats unusual. I wonder how this turns out.

So!!! We finally make it to the gym via the rollercoaster. The battle begins and it is Zebstrika vs Palpitoad. Nice choice by Ash, the electric moves are ineffective and flame charge is weak, ok. As the battle persues we find that Ash is having some trouble with zebstrika but it does succeed with a mud shot, hydro pump combo, Yay!!!

Elesa brings out Emolga. Ash is a little overconfident and then emolga destroys palpitoad with flying type moves of Aerial Ace and Acrobatics. Ok, pokemon number two for Ash is.............uh.....is.....come on Ash! After an interlude, Snivy emerges! Ash forgets the type disadvantage, but thats normal for Ash (until you see his reaction), and we begin with an ineffective Attract battle! Exciting!!!! After some weak grass moves from Snivy, it is down to Emolga's barrage of flying type moves.

The final battles are quick and fast, but they involve Pikachu . First, Pikachu quickly disposes Emolga with a quick attack and Elesa is taken aback from this so she brings out the secret weapon...Tynamo??? (Ash's reaction, not mine). Tynamo is fast with it's tackles and even Pikachu is shocked. So it uses a smoke tactic to restrict tynamo to one direction of attack and then it is slammed by Pikachu's Iron Tail.

And the moral of the story? Ash should never think of a strategy with Pen and Paper and Ash and Pikachu are the ultimate team .

Finally, this showed Pikachu and Ash's Bond with each other. I think Pikachu acted strange on the sidelines because he was anxious. Not only he was anxious due to the battle, but Pikachu knew that it was unusual for Ash to think of a strategy so seriously before a gym battle and this just added to the anxiety. Also, this episode showed Pikachu's power with two OHKO's. However isnt this a good thing for some of you watchers? You complained when Pikachu lost to Trip's new snivy as well as some other battles due to Pikachu losing and now you are complaining because Pikachu is showing some of it's power?

Anyway, I liked the episode. Can't wait till the next one.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Also, this episode showed Pikachu's power with two OHKO's. However isnt this a good thing for some of you watchers? You complained when Pikachu lost to Trip's new snivy as well as some other battles due to Pikachu losing and now you are complaining because Pikachu is showing some of it's power?
    It also made Snivy and Palpitoad look horribly weak because they couldn't even touch Emolga.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    It also made Snivy and Palpitoad look horribly weak because they couldn't even touch Emolga.
    Nonsense.

Palpitoad was tired and beaten up already, and Snivy is weak against Emolga's Typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Yes it did, so when people complain about Pikachu getting a 'Reset' as they describe. It may be sensible to think again. I'm not saying that I like Pikachu having a power reset that the start of the region, infact I enjoyed Pikachu shining today but I was trying to make a point to the people that complain about it.
    Last edited by Orton155; 26th February 2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

This episode was fine, but Ash was not what he was. He was very annoying in this episode, not using his brain. Except for using Palpitoad in the first battle, but not using him as the only one.

Also, disappointing to see Snivy had a loss, but it'll get better later in the season.

Wow can we please have the Ash that placed top 4 in the Sinnoh League back instead of moron Ash from the first season of Pokemon. Just mind boggling how the writing could be so bad in this episode, they obviously wrote themselves into a corner having to rely on Pikachu as their Deus Ex Machina just so Ash could win and they wouldn't have to write a follow-up episode of Ash rechallenging Elesa.

On all accounts Ash lost this gym battle, all Elesa had to do was have Emolga use attract on Pikachu and it would've been over. That's discounting the fact that any one else would've been disqualified for taking that long to send out their next Pokemon, or actually leaving the stadium to get another Pokemon, but since this is Ash not only does he get a pass he gets a win.

Cilan's to blame too at no point did he call Ash out on this, he's a gym leader he of all people should know what Ash is doing is cheating, but i'm sure this isn't the last time we see Cilan forgetting his role as a gym leader. Just goes to show that when traveling with Ash you get dumber.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I felt sorry for Snivy in all this more than anything. For Ash to forget she was female is one thing during the double attract, then to forget Emolga is part flying type despite being around Iris' all the time. The poor lass never stood a chance

Finished watching the dub version, I enjoyed it.

Tynamo sounded fine to me, I loved it's evil laugh(Sounded evil at less).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Wow can we please have the Ash that placed top 4 in the Sinnoh League back instead of moron Ash from the first season of Pokemon. Just mind boggling how the writing could be so bad in this episode, they obviously wrote themselves into a corner having to rely on Pikachu as their Deus Ex Machina just so Ash could win and they wouldn't have to write a follow-up episode of Ash rechallenging Elesa.

On all accounts Ash lost this gym battle, all Elesa had to do was have Emolga use attract on Pikachu and it would've been over. That's discounting the fact that any one else would've been disqualified for taking that long to send out their next Pokemon, or actually leaving the stadium to get another Pokemon, but since this is Ash not only does he get a pass he gets a win.

Thank you! I agree with all you posted, except for the things about Cilan.

What's wrong with Ash making strategies? He did that for a few of his Sinnoh gym battles, and they paid off. Doesn't anyone remember the brilliance of the Fantina battle?

I almost fell back on my seat when he forgot that Snivy was a female....
    Black FC: 3568 3170 8116

In Pokewalker:

Like the original, I didn't care for the gym battle, it really is the worst gym of Unova to date (in my opinion), honestly nothing can ever be this bad, the only way it would be worse is if Pikachu sweeped a gym after his other two Pokemon fail miserably. Hell Syla's is already loads better having Ash use certain other Pokemon and having that certain event happening and the battle hasn't even aired yet.

But still enjoyed Palpitoad battling. Still bitter that its male but whatever.

And something I assume is dub-only, is Tynamo's laugh after it slammed Pikachu into the wall. I got to say, I honestly wasn't expecting it to sound like that or sound that funny but it was. If it wasn't dub-only (the voice), then kudos to the original, I missed that the first time.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast