Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

In short, this episode can be described as follows:
    My sides are in orbit!

I chuckled when Elesa said "Zebstrika, you look beautiful even when covered with mud!"

"But I wanted to win the match with just you (Palpitoed)!"
    Well, you know what? Tough cheese! Life is unfair!

Then wen he just runs out to get a different Pokemon, and no one stopped him, I was like "Wait, what is happening right now?!" I was that confused.

And finally:
    "Doesn't Ash know Attract won't work between girls!?"
    Well, this is a kids show, so, of course it doesn't.

I usually don't do this with episodes, but:

10/10 would lel again.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

To be honest it's pretty stupid that Attract doesn't work for both genders at least IMO.

Anyway... this gym battle was really bad. First Ash wants to win the entire battle with only Palpitoad, then he forgets Snivy is a girl, and then Pikachu stars in the gym once again when he really didn't need to. I don't know if this is an attempt to redeem him for losing against Excadrill or something, but it really made Snivy look bad.

that tynamo was insanely.utterly and devastatingly awesome

This episode is an embarrassment to both Ash and gym battles. Ok lets beat all of her pokemon with only Palpitoad. Palpitoad is eliminated?!? Thats not good, I don't have any other pokemon with me. Trolololol. YOU IDIOT!!! Ash should have been DQ after that in my opinion. I feel so sorry for Elesa. She had to deal with a pretty pathetic "veteran" trainer like Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post
    To be honest it's pretty stupid that Attract doesn't work for both genders at least IMO.

Anyway... this gym battle was really bad. First Ash wants to win the entire battle with only Palpitoad, then he forgets Snivy is a girl, and then Pikachu stars in the gym once again when he really didn't need to. I don't know if this is an attempt to redeem him for losing against Excadrill or something, but it really made Snivy look bad.
    Or didn't he realize that Elesa's Emolga was a girl? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Altinator View Post
    This episode is an embarrassment to both Ash and gym battles. Ok lets beat all of her pokemon with only Palpitoad. Palpitoad is eliminated?!? Thats not good, I don't have any other pokemon with me. Trolololol. YOU IDIOT!!! Ash should have been DQ after that in my opinion. I feel so sorry for Elesa. She had to deal with a pretty pathetic "veteran" trainer like Ash.
    To me, this is when the entire series went sour.

Consider the fact that the writers added Palpitoad to Ash's team specifically to get past Elesa, or to make this trainwreck situation happen. Why do I think that? Because Palpitoad only had three more appearances after this battle/episode. THREE: Vs. Roxie pt2, Vs. Stephan (yet another Zebstrika!) and at Oak's. Lets let Ash capture something, build it up for one thing, and than.. leave it to rot except for arbitrary appearances.

In my eyes, I can't see this gym battle and not think that they had this mock-scenario in mind and for this to happen, they needed Ash with a capable Ground-type, hence the forced capture of Palpitoad and lack of subsequent appearances (and achievements: a loss and tie) afterwards.

Not to mention the pacing going mad after Nimbasa as well.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

I dislike the way Ash acted in this Gym battle. Bringing Palpitoad is smart for a electric gym so i can give him credit there.

So the lesson here was that when Ash uses his brain for Gym matches things go wrong & he should always improvise?? How inspirational. 4/10

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213