Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Excadrill Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
    I don't really see the point of the ban either. Skarmory, Gliscor and Rotom-W, three of the most OU pokemon, can easily counter him, and you can simply remove the sand. It's not hard. Just take out the TTar and have a pokemon with rain dance/sunny day on your team.
    And if I don't feel like using one of those pokemons? why I MUST use those pokemons and cosider excadrill in any team I make? ferrothorn is ok, any fire pokemon just make it switch , but excadrill outspeed the whole game (except scarf deoxys-S,and who use this anyway?). so yeah for having too much focus it got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    And if I don't feel like using one of those pokemons? why I MUST use those pokemons and cosider excadrill in any team I make? ferrothorn is ok, any fire pokemon just make it switch , but excadrill outspeed the whole game (except scarf deoxys-S,and who use this anyway?). so yeah for having too much focus it got banned.
    Yes. Team building's not just about synergy, etc, you've got to have counters for some common pokemon, otherwise you'll pay. But to be honest, including one of those 3 pokemon on your team is not much of a hindrance. I find them very flexible and that they can fit on most teams.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

Exca should have gotten the banhammer, the fact that is one of the best mons in OU doesnt mean its broken. Skarm could take any +2 attack from it. Same as gliscor, also if there is no sand there is no point of using it. not only that but there are now manymach punchers out there that can do reasonable damage to it.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
    I don't really see the point of the ban either. Skarmory, Gliscor and Rotom-W, three of the most OU pokemon, can easily counter him, and you can simply remove the sand. It's not hard. Just take out the TTar and have a pokemon with rain dance/sunny day on your team.
    Skarmory- Phazes it, thats it, what else can it do? BB it? blah

Gliscor- Return at +2 hurts alot, it has to waste a turn breaking the balloon as well.

Rotom W- Return yet again...........

Smart players wont let their weather inducers be taken out so easily, and not everyone carries sunny day/rain dance.

This is half-assed as i cbf to do a essay but yeah Exca overcentralized the metagame, and the fact his counters are not always reliable makes him ban worthy.

Wait, what? Excadrill's Uber?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

yes exca is uber now. Also is return is in use bronzong walls easily.

Yay, bye-bye to yet another Sun check. It also means Ninetales doesn't need to run enough Speed to outrun Exca anymore. Loads of other pokemon no longer need to run specific moves just to kill it.

I'm going to go make a Sun team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    yes exca is uber now. Also is return is in use bronzong walls easily.
    Can something check excadrill in ubers anyway?

brnzong can't do much back what it got EQ? balloon solve it.... excadrill can do him damage... especially with X scissors which you need to lose a pokemon to check if he have return or X-scissors.... so yeah...

Oh, and Conk's and Breloom's Mach Punch (If it's in DW, Technician KOes) doesn't KO.

k time for sun!
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

I'm disappointed. I don't battle over WiFi a lot but I was actually making a sandstorm team that included Excadrill, mainly because he's one of my favorite pokemon this generation. I didn't know he was so powerful.

brnzong can't do much back what it got EQ? balloon solve it.... excadrill can do him damage... especially with X scissors which you need to lose a pokemon to check if he have return or X-scissors.... so yeah...
    What else? Kyogre. Also, starting up Sandstorm again isn't going to have a pleasant ending for Tyranitar or Hippowdon.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Like i said, if he uses return, he doesnt have x scizor -__-. Also bronzong always carries 2 attacks except for the trick room support set.

In another hand, exca will get raped win ubers, also I can see more sun teams now and hopefully some hail ones as well.

Wow I am very dissapointed in this thread. One do none of you follow smogon? I can't believe mycooly was the one t obreak the news -___-. Then all of you are whining and *****ing about him being banned. Here's a little newsflash nubs. He is the absolute easiest thing in the world to sweep with. Anyone good who uses him as a rapid spinning sand counter not as a main focus on their team. Stop *****ing about him being banned. It's done and it won't be un-done. No one made this big of a deal about Garchomp being banned and his SD/Sub set was almost unbeatable. Excadrill is like Ferrothorn was earlier in the metagmame. He made it where every single team had to carry a counter for it. Any pokemon who does that (Garchomp) deserves to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by redlongmagnet View Post
    Wow I am very dissapointed in this thread. One do none of you follow smogon? I can't believe mycooly was the one t obreak the news -___-. Then all of you are whining and *****ing about him being banned. Here's a little newsflash nubs. He is the absolute easiest thing in the world to sweep with. Anyone good who uses him as a rapid spinning sand counter not as a main focus on their team. Stop *****ing about him being banned. It's done and it won't be un-done. No one made this big of a deal about Garchomp being banned and his SD/Sub set was almost unbeatable. Excadrill is like Ferrothorn was earlier in the metagmame. He made it where every single team had to carry a counter for it. Any pokemon who does that (Garchomp) deserves to be banned.
    Your a nice little ****er with all that dick in yo mouth huh?
    anyways yea excadrill in Ubers
    he wont be doing so good lol considering no good sand starters are in uber so you need to bring ttar or hippowdon which suck compared to kyogre and groundon etc

Quote Originally Posted by redlongmagnet View Post
    Word from a god. <3

It sucks and is good at the same time. No good Pokemon on sand team that can sweep like him but HO will be easier to utilize.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Yeah, what they said. Besides, Exca has no counters in OU, just checks. To beat Excadrill you need to wear it down slowly. I didn't think it was bannable, but it is the only Pokemon that could sweep with that kind of ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

i care not about the exadrill ban. My sandstorm team felll aprt after the garchmop ban. I will continue to b*tch about the thunderus ban, though. btw, golden he was my lead before you.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    also I can see more sun teams now and hopefully some hail ones as well.
    Whats going to happen is noobs will try to make hail teams and rise up, only to be destroyed by the multitude of fighting and steel pokemon, along with some fire pokemon. And dont forget there are still sun teams and rain teams.
    Sandstorm isnt the only reason why hail isnt as popular in OU.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Whats going to happen is noobs will try to make hail teams and rise up, only to be destroyed by the multitude of fighting and steel pokemon, along with some fire pokemon. And dont forget there are still sun teams and rain teams.
    Sandstorm isnt the only reason why hail isnt as popular in OU.
    Agreed Themaster is obviously a Nooblet. Hail's cool in lower tiers where steels and fighting types dont rape your face, But here in OU that sh1t aint gonna happen. Scarf Obamasnow is the only thing good thing for hail. I mean only mons that work on hail teams are ice types and quite frankly Obamasnow Cloyster and Weavile are the only usable ones xD.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    Yeah, what theysaid. Besides, Exca has no counters in OU, just checks. To beat Excadrill you need to wear it down slowly. I didn't think it was bannable, but it is the only Pokemon that could sweep with that kind of ease.
    uhmm are you stupid?

HI I WALL EXCA TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    i care not about the exadrill ban. My sandstorm team felll aprt after the garchmop ban. I will continue to b*tch about the thunderus ban, though. btw, golden he was my lead before you.
    Your stupid, thundurus is fragil, and was easy to kill
    now shut up about leads
    if you were smart you would know you not supposed to have leads

Quote Originally Posted by mycooly View Post
    uhmm are you stupid?

HI I WALL EXCA TO DEATH

Your stupid, thundurus is fragil, and was easy to kill
    now shut up about leads
    if you were smart you would know you not supposed to have leads
    I agree. With team preview in this generation dedicated leads are dead, except on HO teams where screens are needed. I also agree with the fact that facking Excadrill has counters. Azumarill can even kill it. He isn't that bulky although his defenses are decent. Gliscor walls all of his moves if he doesnt carry return and can OHKO with earthquake.

^^To heck? That's an exaggeration. It gets 3HKOed, IIRc, and will have to break air balloons before KOing with EQ.

^Azumarill can KO it, but it's OHKOed itself, so it's not a counter, it's a check. On top of that, will it work to well in most teams?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

ok well still, 2 hits
    still not a 3HKOd lol...................

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^^To heck? That's an exaggeration. It gets 3HKOed, IIRc, and will have to break air balloons before KOing with EQ.

^Azumarill can KO it, but it's OHKOed itself, so it's not a counter, it's a check. On top of that, will it work to well in most teams?
    Exca comes in on rocks then you Ice fang to pop its balloon then you EQ thats a 2HKO if you count the ice fang and if you can force Exca to switch then he will take more rock damage. Anyway he wasn't that great all you noobs need to learn to play the game instead of usuing one overpowered mon.

EDIT: And yes Azu can work on many teams with access to huge power and STAB in the form of Aqua Jet as well as Waterfall. With rocks damage his Aqua Jet OHKOS that tricky mole. He also functions well on a balanced team as a revenge killer. I used to use him on one of my teams way back when 5th gen was new and it got me to about the 18th on smogon or so.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast