Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ace Attorney Club

Well, the Guilty/Not Guilty thing is actually about

Spoiler:- Justice For All:

So, yeah.

My favourite Objection voice... I dunno. I like all of them. They all suit the characters perfectly and none of them seem particularly ear-hurting.

And another question...

Magatama, Percieve or Logic?

The Magatama for me. It seems more involved than Logic, I don't know much about Percieve but that seems limited because it's in court. I also like the visual representation of lies (the locks) as well as the music.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

*shudders at Elmi's pics of Armstrong, Hotti and Brushel*

@treeko - Please avoid the use of one-liners, I don't mind it personally as long as it's on-topic but it would be nice to have a bit more discussion. No strikes, just a warning mind. I can't possibly do that when you have such an awesome sig. Nice addition you have there with that second banner. Richard Wellington kinda reminds me of a rather pretentious guy I know IRL - he even wears a white scarf as well.

@MiGo - Yep, I like Apollo too and I loved that second case of AAI - Turnabout Airlines. I also didn't know who the murderer was to begin with. Btw, I think perhaps you should spoiler that part, in case there are members her who have yet to play the game.

Magatama, Percieve or Logic?
    Most definitely the Magatama. I love those psyche-locks or, as Edgeworth would call them, psycho-locks xD I think the other characters' reactions to it are hilarious when they don't even know what's happening to them. Percieve is quite interesting, that's all. Logic, I'm not that fond of, as it's too easy for me. I think the Magatama poses the most challenge of all. Not a huge challenge, mind.

Spoiler:- Not a spoiler but:

LOL, so I was the only one who knew what the guilty or not guilty thing was about xD
    Last edited by Meowth City; 21st October 2011 at 6:45 PM.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Magatama, Perceive or Logic?

Psyche-Locks had more use and it was a better way of finding information while Perceiving always had that *GOTCHA* and was extremely fun.

I'm going to have to say Magatama.

Guilty or Not Guilty? (You know what I'm talking about)

I had picked Guilty, only because Maya wrote on the picture frame and the music was so bawwww and amazing.

Even at the end I picked guilty, because he still deserved it and Adrian was such a nice character but I bit too hard on herself. The trial had saved her imo.

Okay, short update: I changed the club banner, as well as my sig to reflect my shippy love for Phoenix and Maya - both of the banners were made by an awesome friend of mine here on Serebii called PPL If you wish to use any, you can as long as you credit her.

Talking about fanart, I made a little something funny and here it is:
        Spoiler:- Randomness:

Also, I've been thinking about whether or not to include discussion on semi-related topics such as Ghost Trick and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, as both games feature cameos from AA characters. If that is something that appeals to anyone, then by all means, go ahead and discuss them. It's allowed.

Magamtama, Perceive, or Logic?
    I would actually have to go with perceive. I really find it a brilllaint mechanic to add to the ace attorney series, and i really hope we see it again if they ever make another apollo justice.

Mind if i make some new topics?

Favorite Cross Examination Theme?

Apollo Justices moderate. I just loved the mystery/suspense feeling it gave.

Favorite Cornered Theme?

Defintely either the first ace attorney's, or the new investigations 2 one. Both are pure awesome.
    Last edited by @MiGo; 23rd October 2011 at 12:03 AM.

-Credit goes to Extroph for this awesome siggy!

ATTACK ON TITAN AND DIGIMON FTW

Who cameos in Ghost Trick? Missile? @_@;

Favourite Cross Examination theme?

The Presto confrontation theme in AAI, though the Allegro in the first game is cool too. In general, Allegro/Presto > Moderate.

Favourite Cornered theme?

The original, especially the 'comeback remix'. It really gives the impression of a lone hero fighting back. Though AAI's is good too, kind of like flying through the sky.

And now, to go with those...

Favourite Objection theme?

The original, of course.

Favourite Inform the Truth theme?

AAI's (see a pattern?). The piano makes it sound wonderful, like you're looking back in time rather than just painting a picture of what you think happened.

Default Too lazy to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by @MiGo View Post
    Mind if i make some new topics?
    Yep, sure. Everyone can come up with new topics whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Who cameos in Ghost Trick? Missile? @_@;
    Yes, Missile is one and there's another pretty interesting appearance from a certain AA character. Click the spoiler to see who it is:

Spoiler:- Ghost Trick Cameo:
    Last edited by Meowth City; 23rd October 2011 at 7:42 PM.

Err... no. I've actually played Ghost Trick and that guy is not Phoenix. I don't know what is up with his hair in that picture, but it isn't like that in the game.

I'm also curious as to what constitutes a spoiler. I mean

Spoiler:- PW:AA & AAI 2nd cases:

So can I just have clarification on the spoiler rules of this club? It would prove useful.

And finally...

Who is your favourite assistant - Maya, Ema, Trucy or Kay?

For me, it's Ema, of course. =3 Forensics~

Default Regarding Spoiler Tags!!

Err... no. I've actually played Ghost Trick and that guy is not Phoenix. I don't know what is up with his hair in that picture, but it isn't like that in the game.

I'm also curious as to what constitutes a spoiler. I mean

Spoiler:- PW:AA & AAI 2nd cases:

So can I just have clarification on the spoiler rules of this club? It would prove useful.
    Well, I like to think it was him but nvm. I haven't played the game yet, but I would love to.

As for the whole spoiler thing, I will try to come up with a definition to help people determine what is, and what isn't a spoiler. Right now, I will ask that all members help by telling us which games you have played and which you haven't. Therefore, we can get a good idea of how to deal with this. Unless someone has better ideas

Spoiler:- Reply to PW:AA & AAI 2nd Case:

I love them all a lot. In order: Maya, Kay, Ema, Trucy.
    Last edited by Meowth City; 29th October 2011 at 1:11 PM.

Yeah.. About the banners, forget that until I get a new laptop :e

Well duh, Maya of course. Spirit Powerr!
    I also liked Trucyy. Magic xD

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

So...

The trailer for the new Phoenix Wright film is out... (or at least a few pictures)

What do you think of it?

I personally think it's a little odd since it just doesn't look right. Though I prefer animation to live action anyway, especially when adapting video games... all of the characters will end up looking pretty odd. I like the courtroom though! =D

So...

The trailer for the new Phoenix Wright film is out... (or at least a few pictures)

What do you think of it?

I personally think it's a little odd since it just doesn't look right. Though I prefer animation to live action anyway, especially when adapting video games... all of the characters will end up looking pretty odd. I like the courtroom though! =D
    I haven't seen much of it yet, but it looks very intruguing. I can't wait for this movie to come out, however I wonder how an international release will work. Hopefully, we get a chance to see it when it comes out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Btw, I am currently doing an AA-themed run of Pokemon SoulSilver. To read my current progress, click here. I will post more of my advertures as I play through the game. Any suggestion for Pokemon choices, and nicknames are more than welcome. I already have some ideas, but I have room for some more. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Well... a Misdreavus named Maya? A Murkrow named Kay? A Vulpix named after one of the Kitakis? A Butterfree named Colias? An Abra called Judge? A Cloyster named De Killer? A Ledian named Apollo? A Gastly named Dahlia? An Absol (if you can get one) called Maggey? A Ponyta named Jake? And of course, your Surfer must be called Gant! XD

I was thinking of doing an AA playthrough, though, when the 6th gen comes out. =P All new Pokémon, and hopefully a few English names so I can use all my favourite characters~

Well... a Misdreavus named Maya? A Murkrow named Kay? A Vulpix named after one of the Kitakis? A Butterfree named Colias? An Abra called Judge? A Cloyster named De Killer? A Ledian named Apollo? A Gastly named Dahlia? An Absol (if you can get one) called Maggey? A Ponyta named Jake? And of course, your Surfer must be called Gant! XD
    Oh wow, awesome nickname choices. The Vulpix one was just pure brilliance - I could definitely see Wocky being a name for it. It's a shame, I already picked Phoenix the Cyndaquil for my team. Also, I already have a Pokemon planned for Maya, but will consider the other choices though. Thanks.

I was thinking of doing an AA playthrough, though, when the 6th gen comes out. =P All new Pokémon, and hopefully a few English names so I can use all my favourite characters~
    That sounds awesome. I would love to hear all about it, if you ever do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyway, I finally got around to watching the "trailer" of the Ace Attorney movie. Now, is it just me or does it look like it's the same cases as featured in the first game? Thoughts? Anyone?

Here's the link to it

You're welcome!

Anyway, I've actually WATCHED the trailer now, and it isn't that bad! Apart from the fact that Larry looks a bit psychotic. =P And Maya's wearing fur, I mean, why? Other than that though, it looks great. The hologram thing is weird, but it could work if used properly. I'm just wondering how the cases will go. Squidge them all into one? Do some of them? All of them? I wonder if there would be sequels? Either way, the trailer seems pretty decent. It has potential to be based off the games... not a straight adaptation. (And channeling is now a mirage that looks like the person, I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyway, I finally got around to watching the "trailer" of the Ace Attorney movie. Now, is it just me or does it look like it's the same cases as featured in the first game? Thoughts? Anyone?

Here's the link to it
    It seems so interesting , I can't wait for the actually movie. I'm pretty sure it is a movie of the first game but then again I don't speak Japanese.

Also sorry for being away for a while (was so busy at school because of Halloween and stuff ...).

Sorry for the inactivity.
    And excuse me for the rest of the week.

We'll, I'm a Muslim, and Eid is passing by us. So super busy with celebrations and family.

I've seen the trailer. And it's based on the First game, because it is pretty long.
    I wish I knew Japanese..

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

^ No problem guys, I don't expect you to be on here 24/7. I understand we all have lives, and that includes me.

A few links that might be of interest:
    The official movie website
    Better version of the trailer

@cyberblaziken: Eid Mubarak, even though it late (by a couple of days).

@meowth city: The website is so shiny, hopefully the movie won't be too shiny. I'm expected a good movie, but not expected good sales...

Sorry, I haven't been here in a while as I've been busy as well. Anyway, time for a new topic...

Tell us your favourite quote(s) and give a reason if you can
    There is a WHOLE LOT that I really love in every single game, but I can't list them all.

So, here's just the one for now: "You'd walk over miles of hot coals for Mystic Maya, wouldn't you Mr Nick?" - Pearl Fey

Reasons why:
    (1) I am a huge Phoenix x Maya shipper
    (2) It foreshadows what's to come in the very last case of T&T
    (3) Pearls is just too cute and she's totally right, you know

Tell us your favourite quote(s) and give a reason if you can:

Pearl Fey: You... You're Mr. Nick, right?... I know who you are. You're... You're Mystic Maya's... "special someone"... (insert Pearl's cute face)

Nickname: CyberBlastoise whom is better than CyberBlaziken...just kidding
    Why do you want to join?
    I'm a big AA fan...what did you expect a 5 page essay? Well...*shot*...great...now someone will get sued.
    Character claim: Franziska von Karma Dahlia Hawthorne

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

Welcome, CyberBlastoise. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thank you for joining the club

I'm not gonna pick a quote... there's too much to choose from. D=

Anyway, some more questions, 'cuz this thread can't die!

What do you think about the voice clips?

I think they're okay, most of them are good enough. Some need a bit of spicing up though, since not all of them sound unique enough. Also, Edgeworth has a neat British accent!

My problem is that I'd like more voice clips to be included. Maybe not every character who ever says 'Hold It!', but at least more major ones. If AAI's first case killer gets a voice, why can't, say, Maya or Gumshoe?

Least favourite case?

For me, 3-4 (Turnabout Beginnings). It just seemed so bland in a way and I disliked     Spoiler:- 3-4:

I'm not gonna pick a quote... there's too much to choose from. D=

Anyway, some more questions, 'cuz this thread can't die!
    Okay, fair enough. I know it's tough to choose since they are too many amazing gems in every game.

Don't worry, I won't let this club die. I do have some back-up questions that I can whip out when I really need to.

What do you think about the voice clips?
    Sure they can be spruced up, but I think most of them are fine.

I have to agree on your second point. More voice clips would be awesome. I would love for Maya to have her own 'Objection', 'Hold It', 'Take That', etc. Gumshoe definitely needs one - I can imagine him saying 'Hold It, Pal' xD

Least favourite case?
    I never really thought off that before, but I guess I would have to agree with your choice for the same reasons.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast