Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ace Attorney Club

Saw the trailer for the movie recently. Have to admit I couldn't stop laughing - they did the hair decently. XD
    Last edited by bobandbill; 4th March 2012 at 12:21 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Nickname:xack
    Why do you want to join?Because Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series of all time and is the game that has inspirerd me to become a lawyer when i grow up so of course I'd join the club!
    Character claim:Ron Delite (Godot was taken :/ but hey he has a awesome theme!)

"Haaa Ha hahahahahahaaa"

Welcome to the club, xack. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy your time here.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Bump because no one has posted in almost a month, guess there hasn't been alot of Ace Attorney related news recently...

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

No not really,the only news i'v heard is that the HD collection is already out in japan.Hopefully it is ported to us soon...

"Haaa Ha hahahahahahaaa"

Nickname: Misty#1
    Why do you want to join? I'm a big Ace Attorney fan!
    Character claim: Lana Skye
    Please let me join!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    Bump because no one has posted in almost a month, guess there hasn't been alot of Ace Attorney related news recently...
    Thanks for the bump. I've been so busy that I almost forgot about this club. If anyone has any topics to discuss, please feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty#1 View Post
    Nickname: Misty#1
    Why do you want to join? I'm a big Ace Attorney fan!
    Character claim: Lana Skye
    Please let me join!
    Of course, you and your claim have been added to the first post. Thanks you for joining and I hope you enjoy your stay at the club.

I haven't posted here in like forever :|
    Forgive me for that. Been a lot busy than usual.

Now, I don't know if someone brought it up or not..
    Why didn't Phoenix ever thought of channeling the victim of his numerous cases? I know it would make cases short, but still, I wonder why.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    I haven't posted here in like forever :|
    Forgive me for that. Been a lot busy than usual.

Now, I don't know if someone brought it up or not..
    Why didn't Phoenix ever thought of channeling the victim of his numerous cases? I know it would make cases short, but still, I wonder why.
    You pretty much answered your own question there, bro. It'd take most of the fun and suspense out of the game, and also cheapen both Maya and Pearl's character developments.

Still waiting on news for Gyakuten Saiban 5. I'm actually really pulling for an Apollo Justice sequel, but I'll take anything.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Right. I was just playing through the first 3 games, and it just struck me.

Apollo Justice sequal? Sure, but I want to play with Phoenix again. And hopefully they'll bring the old characters back, because it was a letdown that they weren't mentioned as much and no story were given for their 'where are they now'

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

I can join?

Nickname: Raiden
    Why do you want to join? Ace Attorney is an awesome series, I've been looking for a group like this for a while.
    Character claim: Pearl Fey

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Took you long enough Raiden.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question there, bro. It'd take most of the fun and suspense out of the game, and also cheapen both Maya and Pearl's character developments.

Still waiting on news for Gyakuten Saiban 5. I'm actually really pulling for an Apollo Justice sequel, but I'll take anything.
    And to add to this, maybe the victim might of thought it was someone else who killed them.

I'd much prefer an AJ2 as well. I really liked that game, but at the same time I would like to see Phoenix have a climatic return to the courtroom.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden193 View Post
    I can join?

Nickname: Raiden
    Why do you want to join? Ace Attorney is an awesome series, I've been looking for a group like this for a while.
    Character claim: Pearl Fey
    Welcome to the club, Raiden. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy your time here

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    And to add to this, maybe the victim might of thought it was someone else who killed them.
    Yep, that was indeed what happened in a certain case. Anyone who has played the game knows which one I'm refering to ;P

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    Welcome to the club, Raiden. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy your time here

Yep, that was indeed what happened in a certain case. Anyone who has played the game knows which one I'm refering to ;P
    Yep, and it definitely didn't turn out well. =P

That, and besides, it's hinted at that Maya and Pearly just aren't experienced enough to channel spirits, especially Maya. The only spirits they've ever channeled are those of their family.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Yep, and it definitely didn't turn out well. =P

That, and besides, it's hinted at that Maya and Pearly just aren't experienced enough to channel spirits, especially Maya. The only spirits they've ever channeled are those of their family.
    OBJECTION!
    They have channeled spirits besides thier own families before.

"Haaa Ha hahahahahahaaa"

OBJECTION!!!

No, they haven't. >=) Misty did, certainly, but not Maya or Pearly!

Mia is obvious, as she's Maya's sister and Pearl's cousin.

In 2-2, though Maya tried to channel Mimi, she didn't. So we don't know if she is at the stage whether she can or not.

And...
        Spoiler:- 3-5:

Anyway, it's just a theory I posted, not canon, so it might not be correct. But even so!

(I'm playing RFtA right now, and the Announce the Truth theme is playing, how fitting!)

BTW, what are the spoiler rules here? It's fairly obvious that final cases won't be spoiled, and neither will AAI2, but do you have any specifics?

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

hmm I just reccomend not spoiling it as I do want to play the game...The only issue is that it was never released in america so I can not play it :/

"Haaa Ha hahahahahahaaa"

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    BTW, what are the spoiler rules here? It's fairly obvious that final cases won't be spoiled, and neither will AAI2, but do you have any specifics?
    There are no specific rules, per se. To be clear, I will allow any member to exercise their own wise judgement on how to deal with spoilers. If you feel that a certain piece of information is considered a spoiler, then please use the spoiler tags to hide it from view. The reason why I have decided to use this method is so that any member who wishes not to be spoiled can choose not to open spoiler tags. This way, all members have the freedom to choose whether of not to discuss any aspect of the series. After all, one of the main purposes of this club is to feed discussion and I would rather not limit what can and cannot be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by xack View Post
    hmm I just reccomend not spoiling it as I do want to play the game...The only issue is that it was never released in america so I can not play it :/
    This is a perfect example of why we all must be careful of spoilers, as many like xack might not have played the games yet. Therefore, I recommend all members follow this protol:

For those revealing spoilers:
    Use spoiler tags and make it clear which games and/or case it pertains to.

For those who do not want to be spoiled:
    Be viligant. Do not click spoiler tags if they pertain to a game/case you have yet to play. Yes, it can be tempting to click those spoilers, but if you don't want spoilers then don't look at them. Simple as that.

Please bare in mind, there is no strict rule that you have to follow this. It is only a recommendation that you do, in order to spare you and others from reading something that you or they could easily have avoided. Hopefully, I have covered everything on spoilers in an easy to understand manner. If you have any further questions or if you need me to explain something in a little more detail, feel free to ask. For now, I will add a link to this post in the first post so everything can see it. Oh, and one last thing, I have played all the English games (AA1-AAI) so I know the games very well. You can't spoil me there and don't worry, I won't spoil anything either ;]
    Last edited by Meowth City; 16th April 2012 at 3:27 PM.

Iv played through all the games except for 2 and apollo cause they are so rare to find :/.I have seen a Lets paly of 2 but i never finished it.I plan on geting a ROM of them and completeing both.

"Haaa Ha hahahahahahaaa"

Quote Originally Posted by xack View Post
    Iv played through all the games except for 2 and apollo cause they are so rare to find :/.I have seen a Lets paly of 2 but i never finished it.I plan on geting a ROM of them and completeing both.
    I'd think most of the Ace Attorney games, outside of maybe Investigations, are hard to come by in even stores that do trade-ins like GameStop by now. But I'd definitely recommend finishing up Justice For All, even if just on Youtube. I don't know how far you got in it, but the final case is not only exciting and suspenseful as hell (on par with, if not better than, both the final cases in the original and Trials and Tribulations IMO), but it has excellent storytelling and offers some good characterization for Phoenix, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and Franziska in particular.

Apollo is definitely worth giving a shot, too. It's slightly grittier in tone than the trilogy, but I did enjoy the characters and story just as much!

I haven't played Ace Attorney Investigations yet..
    Is it good? Because I'm at half a mind to play it.

Here's a question

Based on the very first trial of Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney, Mia Fey in Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice in AJ, how do you think each of them did as a newbie, and who was better?

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

I loved Ace Attorney Investigations because like every other game in the series it has interesting characters with a variety of backgrounds and things that keeps you paying attention and making you wish for more.

Based on the very first trial of Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney, Mia Fey in Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice in AJ, how do you think each of them did as a newbie, and who was better?

I think that they were all equally good.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I... have mixed feelings about Investigations, to be honest. On one hand, I like Kay, Lang, and a few other characters introduced in the game, and think it's worth playing for them alone. I also thought the gameplay was an interesting take on the usual system. On the other... I was not at all fond of how horribly flanderized Gumshoe was portrayed (he went from being a bit clumsy and scatterbrained to downright STUPID, and that annoyed me), and I felt Kay's presence in both their backstories could've been handled better.

But yeah, I'd say give it a shot, especially if you like Edgeworth, and want to see another peppy female sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    I loved Ace Attorney Investigations because like every other game in the series it has interesting characters with a variety of backgrounds and things that keeps you paying attention and making you wish for more.

I think that they were all equally good.
    Mia,Cause she doen't require a explanations on cross examinations

"Haaa Ha hahahahahahaaa"

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast