Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The Ace Attorney Club

ohh a 100 theme challenge, sounds interesting
    It will be if I do it right!
    Thanks a bunch for the support, Ansem. It really means a lot to me. Also, you should TOTALLY write some fanfictions - you're BRILLIANT at RPing Phoenix Wright, so I'll bet a fanfiction from you would be just as good, if not even better!

Sorry this is such a late reply, by the way, Ansem. And I'll get to our RP in just a second. XD

Oh, I absolutely loved the rest. Loved 'em to death. I thought T&T was the best, but to put them in any kind of order? Nah, I just loved them all. But Investigastions was just slow and meandering to me. Couldn't get into it at all.
    Ah, I see. Well, it makes sense. I haven't played T&T enough yet to judge, but from what I have played (I get the feeling I'm nearing the end of the very first case), it's absolutely fantastic. Phoenix's pink sweater = win. XDD

~Jess~
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jesspikapal View Post
    I know it's a little late... but can I join here?? *^*

Nickname: Jesspikapal. But you can simply call me Jess - it IS my name after all. :3
    Why do you want to join? Well, I'm heavily "infatuated" with the games right now - they're absolutely fantastic! I love the characters too, especially Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey
    Character claim (optional): Maya Fey. I'm surprised nobody took her yet... or my eyes have derped again. XD
    Of course, you can. Welcome to the club! You and your claim have been added to the first post.

I know, right. I was very surprised to see that nobody had claimed Maya until now.
    Also, taking a look at your sig, I'm glad to see another Phoenix/Maya shipper here 8D

Also... I've been thinking of doing some fanart for these guys if I find myself with time. And I've started a couple of one-shots if anybody's interested - I figured because this IS the Ace Attorney club, but I don't know if you accept little one-shots or just fanfics in general... :x
    Absolutely, it is very much accepted. I would love that. Please feel free to post them on here.

It will be if I do it right!
    Thanks a bunch for the support, Ansem. It really means a lot to me. Also, you should TOTALLY write some fanfictions - you're BRILLIANT at RPing Phoenix Wright, so I'll bet a fanfiction from you would be just as good, if not even better!

Sorry this is such a late reply, by the way, Ansem. And I'll get to our RP in just a second. XD

Ah, I see. Well, it makes sense. I haven't played T&T enough yet to judge, but from what I have played (I get the feeling I'm nearing the end of the very first case), it's absolutely fantastic. Phoenix's pink sweater = win. XDD

~Jess~
    no problem and thanks
    yeah we would love to see them when they're finished.
    i have only played T&T so far but i already love the series and im sure i'll love the first game.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Of course, you can. Welcome to the club! You and your claim have been added to the first post.
    Wow, thanks so much, Meowth! It means a bunch - especially as I don't have to feel weirdly obsessive any more. Just obsessive within a group who feel relatively the same way. XDD I'll probably be posting in here quite a lot with luck - time's on my side for the next few days. :3

I know, right. I was very surprised to see that nobody had claimed Maya until now.
    Also, taking a look at your sig, I'm glad to see another Phoenix/Maya shipper here 8D
    Well, I'll get 'em back for not taking her because now nobody can have her so hahahahahaha, they should've picked earlier. *Trollface*

Anyways, yeah, that's what most of my one-shots will be focused on too! Phoenix/Maya is just SUCH an adorable ship... I HAVE to write something for them. They even over-took my desire to write Wishfulshipping, which was my main writing-source before aside from my original ideas. But these two are just so amazingly adorable, I can't help but jump the chance to write some things for them! x3

Absolutely, it is very much accepted. I would love that. Please feel free to post them on here.
    Awesome! I'll make sure to do just that when I eventually get something up for these two. :3

Lovely support yet again, Ansem. I may try and get something up tonight... I probably should. x3

~Jess~
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    no problem and thanks
    i have only played T&T so far but i already love the series and im sure i'll love the first game.
    You should definitely play them and replay them in order! Ace Attorney is the type of thing where, despite having installments that are decent at standing alone, you need the backstory to get all the nuances. You also spot little things you didn't see before during subsequent replays, a lot of which can be subtle references to past events or characters. It's really fun, and the excitement from each case never seems to wear thin, in my opinion. C:

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    You should definitely play them and replay them in order! Ace Attorney is the type of thing where, despite having installments that are decent at standing alone, you need the backstory to get all the nuances. You also spot little things you didn't see before during subsequent replays, a lot of which can be subtle references to past events or characters. It's really fun, and the excitement from each case never seems to wear thin, in my opinion. C:
    yeah, i defineately will, contrary to what people have said, they do have a high replay value. i just need to get my hands on them XD

@jess, no problem, and dont think we are rushing u, take your time
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

My group is currently doing an alternate reality Ace Attorney radio play for Christmas (or we hope to at any rate). Yes it shall be a christmas play with an exploding xmas tree, a prosecuter with holliday issues, and weird chracters all in the spirit of the AA universe.
    So anyone else have all the AA manga? Okay the english version I mean. Waiting for January is moider I tell ye
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    yeah, i defineately will, contrary to what people have said, they do have a high replay value. i just need to get my hands on them XD
    Perhaps not gameplay-wise, but when it comes to the story, it's absolutely worth it to go back when you have a different perspective and replay everything. Plus, the writing and narrative in Ace Attorney is second to none, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetheangelshadow View Post
    So anyone else have all the AA manga? Okay the english version I mean. Waiting for January is moider I tell ye
    I have the first two volumes of the casebook (which are more like anthologies), and up to volume five of the more linear manga. For being shifted to a medium that isn't nearly as conducive to the type of special effects and atmosphere of suspense as a video game, it does a pretty decent job of keeping in the spirit of the games. The art is good, and the writing manages to keep you in the dark until the last second without making complete asspulls all the time.

I'd especially recommend the first casebook, the one about Phoenix Wright, because... goddamn, I almost have to wonder if that anthology was a competition to see how many characters the artists could ship him with in one book. The Edgeworth one is really good, too, if a much more dramatic shift towards Edgey and his laundry list of personal flaws and hangups.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Hey, did y'all miss me? Probably not, but I was a somewhat active member for a little while. I was Kissmygrass96 (Just read my sig, it says so right there), but obviously I'm not now. I've actually done a lot since the last time I posted. I've finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and bought Investigations and Apollo Justice (Nowhere seems to have Justice For All). I've finished all but the last case in Investigations (Accidentally spoiling myself that it is so super long (Not an actual spoiler because I'm not saying why or how long) got me uninterested in finishing it fast). I finished the first case in Apollo Justice and started the second. I must say, the biggest thing for me is Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright, especially that it will get dubbed, because I'm a fan of both series. So, yeah....hi everyone.

@Kaiserin: They only did 5 volumes on Phoenix Wright and now they are making the Investigations Series. In my opinion, the dynamic between Edgeworth and Gumshoe is hilarious and works exceddingly well. And yes the manga does very well to the spirit of the games...much better than the movie ever did.

@CuriousHeartless: They are currently not going to localize Layton vs Wright but they will localize AA 5. Just like they won't localize AAI: 2. Its sad because I like Investigations....

@CuriousHeartless: They are currently not going to localize Layton vs Wright but they will localize AA 5. Just like they won't localize AAI: 2. Its sad because I like Investigations....
    Long time no post but... What are doing not localizing Layton vs Wright? And here I thought Level 5 knew what sells... Still sad about the fate of AAI: 2, because there can not be enough Gumshoe/Edgeworth interaction

Also, is anybody else slightly bothered about AA 5? Where did they throw Maya, Mia and Pearls? Are Edgeworth and Gumshoe still in the game?
    Also, (again xP) what do you think about the "change in style"? I personally preferred 2D, and the new Nick looks little "angry" or something when he shouts "Objection!"... God I miss the old games :3

ok if any of u guys are on twitter u got to follow @TheEdgeworth he is hillaious, and he just RP,s edgeworth all the time.

Edit: let it be known that he cusses a lot. but its still funny.
    Last edited by Mr. Spock; 2nd December 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    Long time no post but... What are doing not localizing Layton vs Wright? And here I thought Level 5 knew what sells... Still sad about the fate of AAI: 2, because there can not be enough Gumshoe/Edgeworth interaction
    Just popping in to say that they haven't actually said that they're not localizing PLvsAA (though they haven't said the contrary, either). Though something tells me that they'd be more willing to get Inazuma Eleven 3 localized first.

Anyhoo, I'm not here to join, but I want to ask one thing: what's the appeal of the trials? I'm thinking about buying the AA games sooner or later (at least, sometime in the next hundred million years), but I can't really imagine myself enjoying the trials that much... maybe I should watch a walkthrough instead?

I've heard quite the opposite. My source is only the link on the TVtropes page on the game, which normally I would accept as reliable. May I ask your source.

@Azran Flame, it is the bizarre, over the top humor really. Also the awesomeness, hot-headedness, maybe a bit of fanservice, really a lot of stuff. Also, it uses a law system based off of the Japanese one, which works differently then many other court systems and really works here. The story is also very excellent, if a bit too filled with contrived coincidences at times.

I said at current there no plans to localize Layton vs Wright. There was not an exact confirm or deny. This is according to Nintendo Power if memory serves (and chances are it my memory shall not) However remember Capcom's current rep with Megaman?
    I heard from the magazine they will localize AA5 though.

Nickname: Sparks
    Why do you want to join? I love the original game and T&T (trying to find and buy the others), and I'm a big fan of the youtube fan series Turnabout Storm.
    Character claim: (optional) see below for more info. Laurice Deauxnim

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - En Route from Petalburg to Slateport via Ocean | WF Quest Log

I said at current there no plans to localize Layton vs Wright. There was not an exact confirm or deny. This is according to Nintendo Power if memory serves (and chances are it my memory shall not) However remember Capcom's current rep with Megaman?
    I heard from the magazine they will localize AA5 though.
    Yes, AA5 has a confirmed release for the west.
    I hope Level-5 has enough support and incentive to localize PL Vs AA. I'm crossing my fingers, but I think it has a much better chance than an Investigations 2 localization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    "When something smells, it's usually the Butz." :P

And wow it's been a while since I posted here, sorry about that. But I see a lot of new faces here in the club so that's good.

(P.S. Meowth City I noticed in the OP I'm still listed as my old username from way back when as "Aura Ash --- Member --- Missile" I thought I'd let you know just in case you need to edit it.)
    Last edited by Short Wing; 11th December 2012 at 5:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Nickname: Sparks
    Why do you want to join? I love the original game and T&T (trying to find and buy the others), and I'm a big fan of the youtube fan series Turnabout Storm.
    You're in. Welcome to the club, Sparks. You and your claim have been added to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Short Wing View Post
    (P.S. Meowth City I noticed in the OP I'm still listed as my old username from way back when as "Aura Ash --- Member --- Missile" I thought I'd let you know just in case you need to edit it.)
    No problem. I've updated the whole OP with all the new name changes.

Thank you, Meowth_City!

I'm looking forward to both of the new games coming out and I also really liked the movie.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Dang XD

also, for anyone here on twitter, you got to follow the people who RP AA characters all the time, its hilarious.
    (actually, im one of them @Luke_Atmey)

in other news, i got AA investigations, and i love it so far.
    #AlphaSapphire

And in slightly random questioning:
    Has anyone listened to Turnabout Jazz?

no, but I love jazz music...if thats even what it is XD

im going to get investigations soon, i hope its as good as everyone says.
    #AlphaSapphire

The AA jazz album? Yeah, I have a few songs on my iPod. The two best, IMO, are Tigre and Trucy's themes.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Nickname: Raguna
    Why do you want to join? I just love those games. They are a lot of fun to play and offer a great challenge too. Big fan of the series!
    Character claim: Furio Tigre. (Kinda surprised no one claimed him...)
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast