Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ace Attorney Club

Hello people.
    MId-Terms coming up, then I'll be active like hell and post.

Least favorite case?
    Um, I'd have to say the first case in Justice for All. I didn't like it, at all. Turnabout Big Top is a close second.

Oh Hai Der CyberBlastoise :3
    Didn't know you were an AA fan :/
    Blaziken>Blastoise

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Yo.

Nickname: My username, really. =p
    Why do you want to join? Because I like the games! =p Played all of them bar the second investigations (for obvious reasons... -_-) and it's certainly one of my favourite game series. Also the only other fandom besides Pokemon I've done a fic for thus far.
    Character claim: I bet all the ones I liked in particular are already taken. =( No wait, I don't see any mention of Godot, so I'll take him. =p (Darn you Jeff and your taking of Gumshoe! =p)

I may do other questions later but Justice for All's cases were less interesting for me that others, such as concert one. Hnng, watching that same video over and over...

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Welcome, bobandbill. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thank you for joining the club. What a surprise, I didn't know you liked the series. Ah-hah, I see in your sig that you have a fanfic named 'Turnabout Assumptions'. Hmm, I wonder... *goes to read it*

Anyway, time for a new question:
    Do you use the microphone feature?
    Yes, I do sometimes. It's quite handy as I own a DS mic headset that makes it easy to read my voice, so I just love to shout Objection every now and then.

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

This thread can't die!

Oh, Bobandbill, I think that the concert case is actually in Apollo Justice, not Justice for all...

No, it seems a bit gimmicky to me. I just use the buttons. =P

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I didn't use the microphone features because I thought my microphone was broken until JFA ending...

I used it for the first case of T&T but then it got annoying, but I always use it during forensics in Apollo Justice (saves so much time).

Default This club needs more activity *uses a Revive*

So, let's have another question.

What Ace Attorney-related (real or imaginary) Christmas present would you most like to receive?
    No question, I would love to have AAI2 and/or Layton vs. Wright.
    Oh, and I wouldn't mind a 3DS to play it on x)

Nickname: Fenix
    Why do you want to join? Long time AA fan and because meowth_city asked.
    Character claim: Godot is my favourite but since he's taken I'll go with my 2nd favourite, Miles Edgeworth.

What Ace Attorney-related (real or imaginary) Christmas present would you most like to receive?
    Layton vs. Wright definitely.

Oh, Bobandbill, I think that the concert case is actually in Apollo Justice, not Justice for all...
    Ah yeah, mistake on my part. Silly Justice word reappearing. =p

No, I just stick with the buttons. Don't feel the need to shout objection or take that or whatnot myself, but at least it is optional.

Naturally AAI2 in english or that Layton vs Wright game, assuming it also comes out in english.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Nickname: Asuka
    Why do you want to join? Been getting back into AA big time lately. Don't ask me why, just roll with it, I guess.
    Character claim: Mia Fey, and I am extremely surprised she's not taken yet!

Time to be edgy and different and say, along with AAI2... I want an Apollo Justice sequel, dammit.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Welcome, new members. Thank you for joining us. You and your claims have been added to the first post.

Merrry Christmas, everyone!!

Nickname: Armando Payne
    Why do you want to join? Because I'm a huge fan of Ace Attorney, as you can tell, the characters are interesting and quirky, the cases are excellently written and yes, the Americans have once again let us Brits down by stopping us Brits from playing AAI2, but apart from that I fervently enjoy the whole gaming series and it is without a doubt, from a story-telling perspective the best video game series, that I have played since the last decade, alone.
    Character claim: Either Diego Armando or Winston Payne or Trucy Wright. (I was going to be my favourite character Ema Skye but she's already taken.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Welcome to the club. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thank you for joining :)

No Problemo, pal.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

^ Was the usage of pal on purpose? =P

Anyways...

What is your favourite Investigation theme?

I like Investigation Core 2001, in fact it might be one of themes that sum up the series for me. I love it.

Which character are you most like?

For me, 16-18 year old Ema, both in personality and in appearance. Brown hair, brown/green eyes, 'glasses', who cares for her family, is friendly and smart, and loves science? Sounds like me, alright.

...Dunno, does "Hotline to Destiny" count? I always found that one more exciting, but it could have something to do with how it was used in-game, at certain points where trouble had already happened, but even more trouble was about to go down.

No idea who I resemble most, though... I probably resemble Adrian Andrews the most physically, if she had longer hair. Personality? No idea.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I am probably most like Phoenix/Edgeworth. I am serious during times but I am still an outgoing person, and love to fight for the truth.

I kinda look like Diego Armando + Wocky I guess (the closest characters that look like me I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi101 View Post
    Godot definitely, both aesthetically and psychologically.

Oh, boy. When it comes to music, I have a tough time picking favourites. Out of them all, I guess I would have to say Investigation ~ Core 2001 with it being the first. It's the one that really sticks out for me.

Hmm, I think Phoenix Wright in terms of personality. Like Phoenix, I have a sarcastic side and I am quite good at turning hopeless situations towards my favour. In terms of appearance, probably Maya --- without the spirit medium get-up, that is. Oh, and just like Maya, I love cheeseburgers and noodles a little too much. I guess a little of both characters put together.

Is this just Investigation, or all the ones, because if it's just Investigation, then The Sarcastic Detective one from the 2nd one (Gregory Edgeworth's assistant) if it's any then either Ema Skye's or Damon Gent's.

I'm not like any of the characters, I guess I have the appetite of Maya Fey, I'm doing Forensic Science at college, so Ema Skye and I have a really loud voice, yet I have a hard time keeping it quiet so I Guess Apollo Justice (Mainly due to his LUNGS OF STEEL.)

HUGE NEWS!!!

Sorry everyone, I haven't been checking into this club. I've been busy, in fact too busy to even keep up to date with AA news. However, this was just revealed earlier today, that there will be an Ace Attorney 5. For more info, please refer to this thread - Ace Attorney 5 Announced. I am just so overwhelmed and excited by this news.

Nickname: KMG or KMG96, and occasionally Grassy.
    Why do you want to join? Well, I've played the third game and the first few trials of the first and loved both.
    Character claim: Redd White, he has an awesome name.

I'll just go ahead and answer the questions in this thread, because I like answering questions:

How did you first discover or get introduced to Ace Attorney?

Well, I've heard about Ace Attorney a lot for years now in different places, but I never really thought to try it. And then I heard about Proffesor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright and my interest piqued. It took a while for me to actually find a game at GameStop (The only place I really buy games unless there is a good one in the bargain section at WalMart) in the series that I both had enough money for and that wasn't overshadowed by another cool game. I actually bought the third game earlier this month and loved it, although I had to almost constantly reffer to guides after the third trial. Two weeks ago, I bought the first game in the series and have been working on the third trial for a while.

Hey does anyone have a favorite breakdown in Ace Attorney?

Probably     Spoiler:- Because the fact he did it is obvious once you start but is still considered a spoiler:

What are your favourite cases?
    Probably the very first one, the one with the Butz. Also, the last case of Trials and Tribulations. I'm sure this will change as I play more, but for now that is my answer.

Who are your favourite/least favourite characters?
    I like most characters (Noone can beat Mia though), but the only person I've seen in the game and absolutely hate is Sal Monella. He is annoying and hard to like.

Favorite Quote?

Can I just say the whole conversation with the old man in the Recipe for Turnabout case in T&T when you talk about him not having a thing for straps? It's rather funny and I had to stop myself from breaking out laughing.

Least favourite case?

Probably Recipe for Turnabout. Arnstrong made me laugh for about five lines of dialog before he just became a caricature of a gay Parisian. THe whole someone impersonating Phoenix thing (Which isn't a spoiler as it is the first thing you learn about the case and you even learn it before you get the case) could've been better if it didn't make everyone other then Armando look like a complete idiot who couldn't recognize that it wasn't Wright after working with him for so long.

Nope. I play on a 3DS so I can't. And it would make me feel a bit silly if I did use it.

Welcome, KMG, to the club. You and your claim have been added to the first post. Glad to have you here.

Good to see my thread got noticed, haha. Was meaning to post it here because my internet derped out around then but guess I'm beaten to the punch. =p

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Sorry for not replying much here :/
    I really am.
    Welcome to the new members! Glad to have you aboard.

Not much to say, except that I'm really excited. I was literally jumping up and down :3
    Hopefully we'll get some details in the coming months.

I'm definitely on for good now.
    And I started play AA from the beginning. It's fun.

See ya.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

I wonder what AA5 will be like...

If Phoenix becomes his old self again (not necessarily playable, just not the huge derailment he apparently was in AJ) and Ema gets into Forensics, I might pick up AJ and this game. I'm assuming Apollo is the main character. He'd better be, because even though I'm not a fan, giving him only one game would be a waste.

*Still waiting for AAI2 localisation*

Anyway, I've decided on a couple of favourite quotes!

'What was that wriggling piece of plywood?!' Miles Edgeworth, Rise from the Ashes.

'The name's Police Department Detective. Occupation, Dick Gumshoe.' From Police Department Detective Dick Gumshoe, Recipe for Turnabout.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast