Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salamence Discussion

Default Salamence Discussion

SALAMENCE
    Back in 4th Gen Salamence was a beast.No Pokemon in the entire OU metagame could successfully counter all his sets and after a long run in OU it finally got banned and became Uber.
    Have no fear(or the exact opposite might be more appropriated) because Salamence is back to OU and with many new toys including and limited to ONE UNRELEASED ABILITY......
    Ok so Salamence didn't get lots of new things to play with, but that just doesn't matter because the beast is still on.It has still no reliable counter to all of his sets.It's stats of 95/135/80/110/80/100 are still great.It's still one of the biggest offensive threats on the metagame.And it's still a Dragon;D

SETS:

Offensive Dragon Dance
    Item: Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Nature: Naive / Naughty
    EVs:252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage / Dragon Claw
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Blast / Roost

Spoiler:- Smogon's blabbering:

MixMence
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Rash / Naive
    EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SpA / 176 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Brick Break / Earthquake
    ~ Roost / Outrage

Spoiler:- Smogon's blah blah blah:

Bulky DD
    Salamence
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 148 Def / 56 Spd
    Moveset:
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Aqua Tail/Fire Fang
    ~ Roost

Spoiler:- Bulky DD:

Maybe u should add the wall set or w/e its called :3
        Spoiler:- ...:

After Intimidate ur bulkyer thn skarm, until u/they switch.

Spoiler:- Random Calc's:

it also has tons of useful ressistances like Water, Fighting & Ground

also the bulky DD set is named wrong.

That bulky DD set you have listed is horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by CraZy RudOlF View Post
    Maybe u should add the wall set or w/e its called :3
        Spoiler:- ...:

After Intimidate ur bulkyer thn skarm, until u/they switch.

Spoiler:- Random Calc's:

it also has tons of useful ressistances like Water, Fighting & Ground

also the bulky DD set is named wrong.
    I just don't the point of that set tbh.-.
    And lol just realized(wary)
    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    That bulky DD set you have listed is horrible...
    Works just fine in the rain.-.
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Not really, when you have Fire Blast thrown in there as an option, and it's supposed to benefit offensively from Dragon Dance. Maybe instead of that as an option, use Stone Edge?

I just don't the point of that set tbh.-.
    Because that set keeps Salamence healthy, and can phaze out Pokemon that may or may not be a threat to him. That could also potentially force switches.
    I'm usually on the lookout for a battle. Unfortunately at the time, they'll have to be flat though. XD On another note though, I'm fairly easy going, and I came to enjoy myself with the game series, not fret.

Tracking down Evolutionary stones *namely Fire, Dusk, Thunder* alon9g with Razor Claws
    White FC- 5329-0304-2772

I need to draw the other legendaries...

I'm starting to like Salamance a lot more now. I think the main reason is Fire Blast, which allows it to deal with stuff like Bronzong, something Dnite can't do.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by D.Gray Man View Post
    But if you're using that Salamence in rain then you absolutely should be using Dragonite instead. Literally always, since with the EVs you gave that set you're being outsped by the same scarfers who outspeed 252/252 Adamant DNite, you have effectively less bulk other than on the initial switch in, thanks to Multiscale (I mean, hey, like you said, we're assuming rain is up, right?) and 252 Atk Adamant DNite hits harder than 56 Atk Adamant Salamence.

And also surviving random priority isn't worth it if you're actually walled by bulky waters unless you have like, 3 layers of spikes up.

Yes, Salamence FTW! .___.

I prefer Dragonite.. But Salamence is much faster, isn't it?
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystica View Post
    Not really, when you have Fire Blast thrown in there as an option, and it's supposed to benefit offensively from Dragon Dance. Maybe instead of that as an option, use Stone Edge?

Because that set keeps Salamence healthy, and can phaze out Pokemon that may or may not be a threat to him. That could also potentially force switches.
    Fire Fang*
    And it's an option if this Mence is used on a Drought team.
    Stone Edge could be an option but it doesnt allow to hit any steel besides skar(which Aqua Tail hits harder with rain and Fire Fang if sun is there or not)
    And the wall set I tried it once and.....well didn't exactly worked very well for me but I'll add it later as it might do better for other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    But if you're using that Salamence in rain then you absolutely should be using Dragonite instead. Literally always, since with the EVs you gave that set you're being outsped by the same scarfers who outspeed 252/252 Adamant DNite, you have effectively less bulk other than on the initial switch in, thanks to Multiscale (I mean, hey, like you said, we're assuming rain is up, right?) and 252 Atk Adamant DNite hits harder than 56 Atk Adamant Salamence.

And also surviving random priority isn't worth it if you're actually walled by bulky waters unless you have like, 3 layers of spikes up.
    Fine.Use Dnite then.-.
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

I'm just saying that there's no reason to post a set that's so blatantly outclassed by something else.
    Especially when it has such a weird evspread.

The trick to using Mence is to not use him as a crappy Dragonite or Hydreigon.
    Therefore::
    Do NOT use a choice set
    Do NOT use a Bulky set
    Do NOT use it as a weather Pokemon
    DO use it as the best Mixed Wallbreaker in the game
    DO be aware that Mence is super Frail. It will not survive most attacks after Rocks, Life Orb, SS, etc.

Mences advantages are better movepool, SPATK, and speed than Dnite. As a single physical/special attacker, he's sub-par. He is amazing Mixed though.
    Yup I'm that guy

I'm disappointed that you left out one mence's best sets. FATMENCE. seriously thats actually a really good set and counters a lot of physical attackers. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go and get the set for you but oh well.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

I am getting pissed

Salamence has Emploeon or Scrafty or what you want to call it symdorme

It is a excellent pokemon, but it is not used so much, if you are a Salamence Hater and gonna start sending me "Hatez gonna hate". Try him out it the sun.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Flamethrower

My brother is the creator of the "Dragon in a sun concept" (you can ask him on smogon). He tried this out and RAPED with it!

Moxie Salamence is a Mind Fu*k god with Zoroak in Team Preivew.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus94 View Post
    I prefer Dragonite.. But Salamence is much faster, isn't it?
    Yes, Mence has 100 base speed, Nite has 80.

Stupid Question Require Stupid Answers.

One of the best Dragons out there...very versatile.

One question though, how can he stop a revenge killer like Mamoswine? One Ice Shard from it can OHKO Salmenace if it's not careful, but again that's probably reading too much into it because you need to have perfect EV spread to get that right, and enough power behind it to take it down.

And is it true that Porygon2 is a strong counter to it now because of Evolite?
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

I feel Dragonite's the slowest piece of sh*t in my team xD
    How does Salamence learn Defense Curl?
    Heart scale as a Shelgon?
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

(uuugghhh)... I HATE IT THAT SALAMENCE IS UBER!!!
    I wish he was OU or something. But now that it is uber I can't use him anymore. I just HATE it! He's somewhat my favorite pokemon of all time. If they could decrease his stat a little he was still probably an OU pokemon. :| But what can I do? :|

And btw, I sew a nice bulky stally set on the internet. It's frome fearthepika. It is really nice. But I just keep it on attacking, stalling needs a lot of time. :|

But anyway, ...
    See ya!!! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post
    I wish he was OU or something. But now that it is uber I can't use him anymore. I just HATE it! He's somewhat my favorite pokemon of all time. If they could decrease his stat a little he was still probably an OU pokemon. :| But what can I do? :|

And btw, I sew a nice bulky stally set on the internet. It's frome fearthepika. It is really nice. But I just keep it on attacking, stalling needs a lot of time. :|

But anyway, ...
    See ya!!! ;P
    Salamence isn't in Ubers. He's still OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Puretrainer View Post
    I'm disappointed that you left out one mence's best sets. FATMENCE. seriously thats actually a really good set and counters a lot of physical attackers. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go and get the set for you but oh well.
    I had that set but then I lost it D: so couldn't had it;-;

Quote Originally Posted by lucario44444444 View Post
    I am getting pissed

Salamence has Emploeon or Scrafty or what you want to call it symdorme

It is a excellent pokemon, but it is not used so much, if you are a Salamence Hater and gonna start sending me "Hatez gonna hate". Try him out it the sun.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Flamethrower

My brother is the creator of the "Dragon in a sun concept" (you can ask him on smogon). He tried this out and RAPED with it!
    like.....thats the standard set with flamethrower instead of fire blast.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LinksOcarina View Post
    One of the best Dragons out there...very versatile.

One question though, how can he stop a revenge killer like Mamoswine? One Ice Shard from it can OHKO Salmenace if it's not careful, but again that's probably reading too much into it because you need to have perfect EV spread to get that right, and enough power behind it to take it down.

And is it true that Porygon2 is a strong counter to it now because of Evolite?
    Bulky Mence doesnt die to Ice Shard and Aqua Tail kills mamos,also beats Ice Fang Gliscor and Excadrill even with Sandstorm(which are the reasons why I sometimes use it)
    The reason why porygon2 is such a pain in mence's neck is its ability Trace which copies mence's ability lowering its atk.however it has to be careful to not switch in a draco meteor or it will be 2hko'ed iirc or is it another set?.-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post

But anyway, ...
    See ya!!! ;P
    mence is OU....
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

I really don't see the guy much anymore, although i do think this is reasonable because i think dragonite is better anyways...
    Moxie is a nice ability for DW, but i think he loses a few moves...(at least outrage i know for sure), but yea. I still don't think he's that great now, the fact that there's quite a few weather teams now doesnt help his case i believe...
    If it was down to me picking Dnite vs. Mence, i'd always pick dnite now. If it was Hydreigon vs. Mence, i'd probably still pick hydreigon. Haxorus and Mence, i'd probably do haxorus just because he's a badass.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

name: FatMence
    move 1: Dragon Tail / Toxic
    move 2: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    move 3: Roost
    move 4: Wish / Roar
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Intimidate
    nature: Bold / Impish
    evs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe

thts the fatmence set i quess if u want it .-.

Ever since 4th Gen, I've always wanted to say "Dragonite does it better", and as far as bulky sets go...wait for it...Dragonite does it better.

Now, the mixed wall breaker set is very powerful, nearly uncounterable. Even Air Balloon Heatran is screwed if it switches in on Draco Meteor. That set takes full advantage of Salamences powerful mixed offensive stats, Base 100 speed, and great movepool option, and I personally find that the mixed set is where Salamences talents truly lie.

Golurk just uses thief which makes shedinjas baloon fail, thn uses flash which makes it blind and finishes it off with Fly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast