Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salamence Discussion

Of course ninja shedinja air ballon will allow it to carelessly float out of the way of fly and basically any ohter move plus with sandstorm it will be a ftk

i use salamence. He is pretty good, as he wrecks sun teams and cen do damage on par with ape. Need any proof, ask rudolf. I almost won a match by using him against rudolf(stupid sash)
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstarn View Post
    The trick to using Mence is to not use him as a crappy Dragonite or Hydreigon.
    Therefore::
    Do NOT use a choice set
    Do NOT use a Bulky set
    Do NOT use it as a weather Pokemon
    DO use it as the best Mixed Wallbreaker in the game
    DO be aware that Mence is super Frail. It will not survive most attacks after Rocks, Life Orb, SS, etc.

Mences advantages are better movepool, SPATK, and speed than Dnite. As a single physical/special attacker, he's sub-par. He is amazing Mixed though.
    Lol Mence is super frail??? Base 80 Defenses and 95 Hp with Intimidate is pretty bulky if u ask me.

How good would Salamence be if he had Moxie and Outrage?
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

You guys probably know better then I do but this mence has won me many many online games. People don't expect it.

move 1: Stone Edge
    move 2: Fire Blast
    move 3: Earthquake
    move 4: Outrage
    item: Choice scarf
    ability: Intimidate
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 90 HP / 16Def / 16Sp Def 252Att 136 Speed
    There was a reason for the 16 in each def but i forget it.
    With 136 speed and a 31 speed IV the end speed is 405.

How good would Salamence be if he had Moxie and Outrage?
    That thing will only need some steel support, and then just one thing to revenge kill. It could probably rip teams apart.

Anyway, when did salamence get wish?
    name: FatMence
    move 1: Dragon Tail / Toxic
    move 2: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    move 3: Roost
    move 4: Wish / Roar
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Intimidate
    nature: Bold / Impish
    evs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
    I can see a very similar D-nite set.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Moxie isn't that great really. Intimidate is better for Salamence. not to mention in DW you either sacrifice outrage to get the d Dance or sacrifice D dance to do the outrage. I don't see a choice scarf set becoming popular. if it does though it'll have to be pure physical since Mence won't be able to switch from sp atk to atk. easily counterable against any good physical wall like Gliscor if you switch right away.
    Black FC: 3954 6297 5271
    Youtube name: raquaza2094

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    I'm starting to like Salamance a lot more now. I think the main reason is Fire Blast, which allows it to deal with stuff like Bronzong, something Dnite can't do.
    Dragonite gets fire blast, flamethrower, AND fire punch. -_-

And if Mence got Moxie AND outrage, it would be easily overpowered and broken
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    And if Mence got Moxie AND outrage, it would be easily overpowered and broken
    It does get both, but it doesn't get DD, Moxie, and Outrage(Outrage is a DW move). However, I can't really see it becoming broken, one trapped in outrage will still be stopped by steel types, ice shard, and Deoxys speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky View Post
    (uuugghhh)... I HATE IT THAT SALAMENCE IS UBER!!!
    I wish he was OU or something. But now that it is uber I can't use him anymore. I just HATE it! He's somewhat my favorite pokemon of all time. If they could decrease his stat a little he was still probably an OU pokemon. :| But what can I do? :|

And btw, I sew a nice bulky stally set on the internet. It's frome fearthepika. It is really nice. But I just keep it on attacking, stalling needs a lot of time. :|

But anyway, ...
    See ya!!! ;P
    Read the first post. He gove moved down again.

Wait so are the DW Bagons only male?

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    There are female ones, since it isn't an event pokemon.

However, Outrage is not an egg move, so Moxie/Dragon Dance/Outrage is illegal. It does get outrage as a DW move, though, so moxie/outrage and moxie/DD are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    It is a 4th gen move tutor move so he can't have it (except getting it from DW) and dragon dance is a breeding move (wow it is really weird he doesn't learn both naturally)

I still think, unless you're going for a scarf set, that intimidate is better, as it makes it easier to set up on phsyical attackers. After 2 or 3 DDs, you won't really need the moxie boost.

Ice Cold Fire

I agree with Ninja Dewott that if you use ChoiceMence Moxie is the preferred ability.
    If you want to set up and sweep intimidate could be of better use.

Haxorus is outclassed. With a Choice Scarf and Moxie, Salamence revenge kills one Pokemon and rips apart the opponent's team with Moxie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vali View Post
    Haxorus is outclassed. With a Choice Scarf and Moxie, Salamence revenge kills one Pokemon and rips apart the opponent's team with Moxie.
    But haxorus doesn't have a stealth rock weakness, so it's not completely outclassed. It's also got Dual Chop to break subs.

Scarf Haxorus is not competely outclassed. It's typing gives it plenty of advantages over Salamence. It also has more power up front than Salamence by a good margin. It's speed is a letdown, but literally the only thing that Salamence outspeeds without resorting to speed ties that Haxorus doesn't is Scarf Hydreigon. Haxorus can also come in and kill off DD Dragonite at full health, which Salamence cannot do without a previous Moxie boost. Heck, even with the boost, Salamence cannot OHKO bulky Dragonite sets at full health. There's also Dual Chop, as Zachmac mentioned, which is very useful on Haxorus at times.

Haxorus has plenty of things that separate it from Salamence. It's not outclassed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12