Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is with the Z fixation?

Default What is with the Z fixation?

In the games and the anime, it sort of feels like we're not done with Zygarde yet.
    1, what the heck were his cells doing in Alola in the game? 2, Greninja stayed with Zygarde in the anime, and made a rather unnecessary appearance in Alola in the games.

And finally, why are z-moves called z-moves? Has that ever been explained? Just seems weird to go right from XYZ to z-moves. Z is the mark of Zygarde, as we see in his own z-move, which was also showcased in the anime iirc.

What does all this mean for the anime? Do you think we'll see a reappearance of Zygarde and Greninja at some point?
    Sun team: Decidueye, Salazzle, Alolan Raichu, Ribombee, Rockruff,
    X team: Delphox, Gogoat, Vivillon, Pangoro
    Black:
    Diamond:
    Sapphire:

Unfortunately can't remember my earlier teams, though I do know I started with a brilliant Blastoise and a workhorse of a Pidgeot.

Viewing forum in: Ice Type, for winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Torterraaaa View Post
    In the games and the anime, it sort of feels like we're not done with Zygarde yet.
    1, what the heck were his cells doing in Alola in the game? 2, Greninja stayed with Zygarde in the anime, and made a rather unnecessary appearance in Alola in the games.

And finally, why are z-moves called z-moves? Has that ever been explained? Just seems weird to go right from XYZ to z-moves. Z is the mark of Zygarde, as we see in his own z-move, which was also showcased in the anime iirc.

What does all this mean for the anime? Do you think we'll see a reappearance of Zygarde and Greninja at some point?
    Finally someone has brought all of this things up.. I'm waiting for some explanations

1 - Zygarde was in Alola due to an incoming disaster (Ultrabeast Plot).

2 - Greninja leaving with Zygarde leaves it open for him to return if Zygarde does appear in Alola, likely when the Ultrabeast plot kicks in.

3 - No idea, clearly GF wanted to give Z some love even if it made no sense.

My guess is Z will eventually get some form of game one day, whether it be Z, X2 and Y2, Sun Z and Moon Z, or Eclipse and they allow travel back to Kalos.
    Twitter: @HaunterXY

1, what the heck were his cells doing in Alola in the game?
    The game developers needed a way of giving us access to new Zygarde forms so they planted them in Sun and Moon games.

The lone fact that cell-collecting sidequest is completely unrelated to the Ultra Beast plot is telling. Since Zygarde is accessible now, that means we are not getting any further Kalos games (until remakes, perhaps, if we ever get them).

2, Greninja stayed with Zygarde in the anime, and made a rather unnecessary appearance in Alola in the games.
    Anime =/= games.

Ash-Greninja doesn't even appear in the games if you don't transfer it from the demo. Therefore, it is not a part of the plot and is merely an easter egg.

And finally, why are z-moves called z-moves?
    Z stands for "zenryoku", which means "full power". It has nothing to do with Zygarde, it's just a cooler name.

It means nothing. Greninja will probably never appear again because writers hate continuity.
    Last edited by Janovy; 11th February 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    It means nothing. Greninja will probably never appear again because writers hate continuity.
    Writers hate continuity, yet we saw Jessie and James fish with Ekans and Koffing lures...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Janovy put it well. Zygarde served its purpose in the anime, and while Ash-Greninja could come back for fanservice, one would think that it would have just been left at Oak's to leave room for that possibility.

10%,100% Forme Zygarde and Ash-Greninja have no reason to appear in SM anime.They were accessible in the games only to be obtainable for the gamers and Ash-Greninja could be obtained only through the demo.They had their time to shine back in XYZ anime and in X&Y games they didn't even exist so no point to compare the games with the anime,because the latter can throw something new again which might be obtainable only in GenVIII games later.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Writers hate continuity, yet we saw Jessie and James fish with Ekans and Koffing lures...
    They love easter eggs apparently.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

If Zygarde appears, it better only be for one or two episodes. He's had more focus than all other legends combined. I'd have killed to see Yveltal be in the main anime and not restricted to a movie and special. And they have the Ultra Beasts, Solgaleo, Marshadow, and Necrozma to cover. Zygarde can stay away.
    I'll take Greninja coming back though, Ash needs his only evolved Water starter back

Obviously: Pokemon Sun and Moon is Pokemon Z(Moves).
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

I think the popularity and vagueness of Ash-Greninja means he'll be back at somepoint.
    Twitter: @HaunterXY

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    2 - Greninja leaving with Zygarde leaves it open for him to return if Zygarde does appear in Alola, likely when the Ultrabeast plot kicks in.
    If no starter evolves all the way in a long time, that frog is hogging back the spotlight.

Which is pretty doubtful, unless they somehow fail to "properly" evolve the ace of Alola and they have to think real hard that, yes, Ash does have a Charizard he can talk to.

~ Dammit, don't friendzone me now! ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Xenoblade Chronicles - Walkthrough

If Greninja ever returns, it's to be used as a punching bag for the UBs
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Given that it nearly beat a Champion's ace, I'd say it should be able to hold its own against the UBs. Except for possibly Guzzlord
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Poor ninja.

Forever losing its own battles after being decked by a M-Char-X.

~ Dammit, don't friendzone me now! ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Xenoblade Chronicles - Walkthrough

Going by game logic, UB's are nothing more powerful than the weakest Legendaries like Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, whom Noivern even troubled a lot and Ash-Greninja should beat them easily. But it remains to be seen how UBs are portrayed in the anime.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

Because it's Zpecial.

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Going by game logic, UB's are nothing more powerful than the weakest Legendaries like Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, whom Noivern even troubled a lot and Ash-Greninja should beat them easily. But it remains to be seen how UBs are portrayed in the anime.
    Applying game logic to the anime is a dangerous idea, dude (especially, IMO, when it comes to comparing the power of legendary Pokémon; the Ultra Beasts could be "weaker" in the games to keep the game's difficulty at a level that is not frustrating for less experienced and/or casual players). The anime could decide to make the Ultra Beasts extremely powerful creatures that can only be defeated by the power of *** pulls.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    Applying game logic to the anime is a dangerous idea, dude (especially, IMO, when it comes to comparing the power of legendary Pokémon; the Ultra Beasts could be "weaker" in the games to keep the game's difficulty at a level that is not frustrating for less experienced and/or casual players). The anime could decide to make the Ultra Beasts extremely powerful creatures that can only be defeated by the power of *** pulls.
    Game logic always doesn't apply in the anime by sometimes it does. Like with the legendary birds Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, the Regis, etc. They have been portrayed as very much beatable Pokemon and not absurdly powerful as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, just like in the games. UB's could be portrayed in the same way as well because I feel that Ash and co. have to fight them. It could be also the other way around, though.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 12th February 2017 at 4:03 AM.
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

Applying game logic to the anime is a dangerous idea, dude (especially, IMO, when it comes to comparing the power of legendary Pokémon; the Ultra Beasts could be "weaker" in the games to keep the game's difficulty at a level that is not frustrating for less experienced and/or casual players). The anime could decide to make the Ultra Beasts extremely powerful creatures that can only be defeated by the power of Z-moves.
    Fixed that for you.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Game logic always doesn't apply in the anime by sometimes it does. Like with the legendary birds Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, the Regis, etc. They have been portrayed as very much beatable Pokemon and not absurdly powerful as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, just like in the games. UB's could be portrayed in the same way as well because I feel that Ash and co. have to fight them. It could be also the past other way around, though.
    If it comes to the point where Ash and his friends are the only ones who are able to defeat the Ultra Beasts, then they are probably on a higher tier than weaker legendaries. Just saying.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

They could go the game route and have multiple versions of some of the UBs. I imagine if they did that they would be easier to deal with than traditional legendaries
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

If it comes to the point where Ash and his friends are the only ones who are able to defeat the Ultra Beasts, then they are probably on a higher tier than weaker legendaries. Just saying.
    I'm also curious to see how the UB's are portrayed in the anime. But if they are portrayed like some weak Legendaries I mentioned above, then they are no where close to being within the realms of power of MC-X, Ash-Greninja or even Mega Sceptile.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 12th February 2017 at 4:14 AM.
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

I'm also curious to see how the UB's are portrayed in the anime. But if they are portrayed like some weak Legendaries I mentioned above, then they are no where close to being within the realms of power of MC-X, Ash-Greninja or even Mega Sceptile.
    What is with you always finding some way of bringing in XY&Z things into the discussion? And the Legendary birds really isn't as weak as you think they are. U_U

I'm pretty sure the Ultra Beasts will be portrayed more powerful than those Greek God Pokémon we saw back in BW.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    What is with you always finding some way of bringing in XY&Z things into the discussion? And the Legendary birds really isn't as weak as you think they are. U_U

I'm pretty sure the Ultra Beasts will be portrayed more powerful than those Greek God Pokémon we saw back in BW.
    The Legendary Birds are quite weak, they are lower level legendaries, even Talonflame and Noivern(especially) troubled them.

Ultra Beasts could be portrayed as godly Pokemon, it's possible. But it could also be the other way around. Don't be too surprised if Pikachu wrecks an Ultra Beast.
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast