Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Ability Speculation Thread

Default Pokemon Ability Speculation Thread

Welcome to the Pokemon Ability Speculation Thread. Here, you get to speculate what may be the ability of the main characters' Pokemon. This would exclude Pokemon with only one ability. We have yet to see Hidden Ability mechanics implemented, so say Jessie' Wobbuffet could just as much have Telepathy as Blaze. As for the main characters, I'd say they include Ash, all his companions, the Team Rocket trio, and his main rivals count. Now for Pokemon with confirmed abilities

Ash: Pikachu(Static), Sceptile(Overgrow), Infernape(Blaze), Buizel(Swift Swim), Scraggy(Moxie, confirmed in an event), Leavanny(Swarm), Unfeazant(Super Luck, confirmed in an event), Boldore(Sturdy)
    Team Rocket trio: Yanmega(Speed Boost), Weezing(Levitate), Chimecho(Levitate), Carnivine(Levitate), Yamask(Mummy). All James' Pokemon must have said ability by default
    Brock: Sudowoodo(Rock Head), Croagunk(Anticipation)
    May: Blaziken(Blaze)
    Paul: Electivire(Motor Drive), Ursaring(Guts), Honchkrow(Super Luck)
    Zoey: Mismagius(Levitate by default)
    Iris: Axew(Mold Breaker confirmed by event), Emolga(Static), Dragonite(Multiscale confirmed by event)
    Cilan: Pansage(Gluttony), Crustle(Sturdy)
    Trip: Tranquill(Super Luck), Frillish(Cursed Body), Serperior(Overgrow through event battle), Conkledurr(Guts through event battle)
    Stephan: Sawk(Sturdy), Zebstrika(Lightningrod), Liepard(Unburden). All confirmed through event battle
    Cameron: Lucario(Inner Focus, confirmed by event)
    Clemont: Chespin(Overgrow)

I think we should make it easier on us and start speculating in regions
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Cresselia(586 SR)

Can sociopaths feel despair?

I'm confused as to what there is to speculate.. Unless stated otherwise, they're simply stick with the standard abilities..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'm confused as to what there is to speculate.. Unless stated otherwise, they're simply stick with the standard abilities..
    A number of the team's Pokemon can have two abilities, so we can speculate what they may be. We never know what they may pull
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:

Flame body not activating VS. Korrina does kind of give me hope Ash's fletchinder has gale wings, so that's nice.

Protean could be really badass in the anime, but sadly, I think the writers like the short power-boost of torrent better.

Default Kanto Pokemon Ability Speculation

Okay, I'm not going to be back in a while, since I need this thread to flow naturally. Here are what I think are the abilities of the Pokemon introduced in Kanto

Ash's Pokemon
    Buttefree-I'd just use Compound Eyes
    Pidgeot-Disappearing long before abilities, I can only guess. I think it's Keen Eye
    Bulbasaur-We haven't seen any instance of sunlight to demonstrate its speed, nor any moment after abilities were introduced where it was strong when weak. It could fit either ability
    Charizard-In the games, all starter Pokemon given out retain their normal ability. Blaze is the most likely ability of Charizard
    Squirtle-We have yet to witness its behavior in the rain after abilities were introduced. I think it's probably just got the ordinary Torrent
    Primeape-We haven't seen it in any state where it was forced into a sleep, so we can't say Vital Spirit isn't an ability. Knowing its character, I like the idea it had Anger Point
    Tauros-All the abilities, as Ash has multiples of this Pokemon
    Kingler-
    Muk-Given the smell Muk generated from just inside a Pokeball, and it doesn't seem to have Poison Body since Oak can be hugged just fine I think Muk's most likely ability is Stench
    Kingler-Either one would be fine with me

Misty
    Staryu-I think that, like in the game, it has Natural Cure
    Starmie-It hasn't shown to generate some sort of light whenever they are in dark places, so Natural Cure
    Goldeen-As its much more mobile in water, I'm going to say Goldeen has Swift Swim
    Horsea-It was primarily used to make trails, so Sniper seems best fit to this trait
    Psyduck-It can't swim, so not Swift Swim. It isn't useful in the weather. Thus I can confidently say Psyduck had Damp

Brock
    Steelix and Geodude-If we're thinking about the games, I think its ability is Rock Head
    Crobat-I prefer the idea of it having no DW ability, but given its role as spying on the enemy it could be considered to have Infiltrator
    Vulpix-It doesn't summon the sun, so Flame Body

Team Rocket
    Meowth-Technician. If he had Pickup, he would've used it for Team Rocket's funding
    Victreebel-Given its habit of trying to eat James, Gluttony
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Flame body not activating VS. Korrina does kind of give me hope Ash's fletchinder has gale wings, so that's nice.

Protean could be really badass in the anime, but sadly, I think the writers like the short power-boost of torrent better.
    Fletchling did get a quick Peck in whenever it used the move, and it even performed a little gale before lunging in a few times. WHO KNOWS! :P

As for the current group:

Ash:
    - Pikachu: Static
    - Froakie: Torrent
    - Fletchinder: Flame Body/Gale Wings
    - Hawlucha: Limber

Serena:
    - Fennekin: Blaze
    - Pancham: Iron Fist

Clemont:
    - Bunnelby: Huge Power, it hasn't picked anything up and Chespin is the glutton of the group.
    - Chespin: Overgrow
    - Dedenne: It has the same two abilities as Bunnelby, but I'm going with Cheek Pouch on this one, based on its debut.
    - Luxio: Rivalry

That's it isn't it?

Speculative?
    - Ash's Phantump: Natural Cure
    - Ash's Skiddo: Sap Sipper
    - Ash's Goomy: Sap Sipper
    - Ash's Bergmite: Own Tempo

That's it for me.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I find this thread a bit odd, it's really hard to speculate on many of Ash's older reserve Pokemon in particular as to what their abilities may or may not be.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Everyone keeps speculating Ash capturing a Pokemon that has the Zap Zipper ability, I'm not so sure he'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by inkaybee View Post
    Everyone keeps speculating Ash capturing a Pokemon that has the Zap Zipper ability, I'm not so sure he'll do that.
    I'm not sure about it either. So long as it doesn't mean Skiddo or Gogoat getting captured, I'm fine with that ability either way.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I really hope that the potential goomy does have the sap sipper ability, the ability looked great in BW, and could be Ash's ace against Ramos.

Im alos pleased that Fletchinder didnt burn lucario during the Korrina gym battle, since it leaves gale wings up in the air.

I really hope that the potential goomy does have the sap sipper ability, the ability looked great in BW, and could be Ash's ace against Ramos.

Im alos pleased that Fletchinder didnt burn lucario during the Korrina gym battle, since it leaves gale wings up in the air.
    That's the reason Goomy's potential capture has me so happy, it reduces the odds of Skiddo being caught.

Olympia's Psychic type Pokemon, in combination with the space styled gym, imagine some of the intersting Ability dynamics at play in that setting.

Olympia's Psychic type Pokemon, in combination with the space styled gym, imagine some of the intersting Ability dynamics at play in that setting.
    That and Ramos' slide are the two most intersting gym features from the games, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    That and Ramos' slide are the two most intersting gym features from the games, to me at least.
    i forgot about the slide, that would be a fun way to end the episode, a group slide-down.

If Goomy does indeed have Sip Sapper, I'm curious how that will be shown to work in the Anime, will Grass type moves be just absorbed.

If Goomy does indeed have Sip Sapper, I'm curious how that will be shown to work in the Anime, will Grass type moves be just absorbed.
    yeah, might be a weird ability to be seen in the show.

yeah, might be a weird ability to be seen in the show.
    I guess it could be shown like Hydration, but without the positive after effect...

I guess it could be shown like Hydration, but without the positive after effect...
    that would be a bit boring looking, but again, i don't know how it could be made to look visually.

I don't think Hidden Abilities have been showcased in the anime yet, but I'd like 3 of Ash's current or confirmed team to have their Hidden Abilities:

Gekogahshier: Protean

Hinoyakoma: Gale Wings

Numera: Gooey

As for Luchabull, I personally think that Limber is a better ability than Mold Breaker or Unburden.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red View Post
    I don't think Hidden Abilities have been showcased in the anime yet, but I'd like 3 of Ash's current or confirmed team to have their Hidden Abilities:

Gekogahshier: Protean

Hinoyakoma: Gale Wings

Numera: Gooey

As for Luchabull, I personally think that Limber is a better ability than Mold Breaker or Unburden.
    Anime wise,Proteon seems pretty useless since it requires a moveset of completely different types(and it's most likely going to keep Double team to the end so that makes it even worse) and since STABS don't exist in the anime so it won't make much of a difference.Torrent would be way more powerful in the anime than Protean.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America X View Post
    Anime wise,Proteon seems pretty useless since it requires a moveset of completely different types(and it's most likely going to keep Double team to the end so that makes it even worse) and since STABS don't exist in the anime so it won't make much of a difference.Torrent would be way more powerful in the anime than Protean.
    Gekkouga is weak against Fairies and Fighting types, which it can counter if it changes types using Protean. Also, they could introduce STAB anytime in the anime.

As for Double Team, I think it will be replaced once Keromatsu evolves.

Starring against Ramos would make tons more sense if frogadier could turn into a flying type

Starring against Ramos would make tons more sense if frogadier could turn into a flying type
    Good point, never thought of it that way! One well placed Acrobatics and Gekogahshier could pound Meecle to the ground easy! Looks like we'll find out in the fourth Gym if it has Protean or not, especially if it has a Flying type move like Acrobatics by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red View Post
    Good point, never thought of it that way! One well placed Acrobatics and Gekogahshier could pound Meecle to the ground easy! Looks like we'll find out in the fourth Gym if it has Protean or not, especially if it has a Flying type move like Acrobatics by then.
    It's getting aerial ace in XY 52, so who knows?

It's getting aerial ace in XY 52, so who knows?
    Is it? Damn, I forgot about that! Well, looks like it'll be confirmed whether it has Protean or not in XY058! Man, I hope it does. I've been waiting to see Protean in action for quite a while. A good moveset will make that Pokémon nearly unbeatable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast