Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-filler SM Episode List

Default Non-filler SM Episode List

In the spirit of Maldread's thread
    , I've erected this list.

Class 1: start and end of series, new moves, evolutions, captures, rival/totem/kahuna debut and/or battle, gain or loss of z items, Tapu battles
    SM001: Start of series
    SM002: Z-crystal gained and lost
    SM003: TRio Mimikyu debut
    SM004: TRio Mimikyu captured and Rowlet captured
    SM008: Debut of the egg and Rowlet revealed to know tackle and peck
    SM009: Debut of the totem, battle, and gaining of Normalium Z; debut of Hala
    SM010: Hala battle, Electrium Z gained
    SM012: James catches Mareanie
    SM013: Last 30 seconds only. Egg hatches.
    SM014: Alolan Vulpix is captured by Lillie
    SM015: Rockruff captured by Ash
    SM018: Bounsweet evolves into Steenee; magical leaf and double slap are learned
    SM019: Tapu Koko rematch
    SM021: Stoutland dies and Litten is captured
    SM025: TRio gains Darkinium
    SM026: Charjabug captured by Sophocles
    SM027: Gladion debut and battle
    SM031: Olivia debut
    SM032: Lana gains a Z-ring
    SM033: Lana gains waterium z
    SM034: Marowak capture
    SM035: Grassium-Z
    SM036: TBD
    SM037: Evolution

Class 2: character development, character revelations/focus, Rotomdex gaining a new function, mastery of moves
    SM005: Lana-Popplio focus
    SM007: Litten focus and Stoutland debut
    SM008: Lillie character revelations
    SM011: Kiawe focus
    SM014: Lillie focus
    SM017: Camera function gained
    SM018: Mallow focus
    SM022: Litten masters fire fang
    SM023: Voice recognition function gained
    SM026: Sophocles focus
    SM027: Gladion focus
    SM030: Lillie focus
    SM032: Lana focus
    SM38: Mastery of Continental Crush and Jessie/Mimikyu focus

Class 3: debut of important legendaries and evil team episodes
    SM001: TS debut
    SM002: Tapu Koko debut
    SM003: TS flashback
    SM020: Tapu Lele debut
    SM024: More TS
    SM027: TS at the beginning

Class 4: user-recommended fillers
    SM028: Baseball
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 17th August 2017 at 10:43 PM.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

So far I think episodes 1-5 are non filler.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    So far I think episodes 1-5 are non filler.
    This.

I guess 005 could be non-essential non-filler, since it didn't really advance the plot, but we did see Lana's backstory. 001-004 are definitely essential non-filler (arriving, Z-ring/trial, Rotom, Rowlet) IMO.
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

5 was the only filler we had so far. Added nothing, wasn't enjoyable.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree, episode 5 wasn't filler as it showed off more of Lana's personality and gave her some character development alongside here Popplio, so therefore episode 5 can't be considered filler.

So far episodes 1-5 are non-filler, and from the looks of it I'm guess that episodes 6-9 are probably going to be non-filler as well. So, so far we haven't really gotten any filler.
    Last edited by ShadowForce720; 3rd December 2016 at 6:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Contianed backstory so it was non filler.
    Unless you have anothet definition of filler
    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I thought I was weak
    But then I learned KungFu

1-4 Is Essential.

5 Could be skipped, but you would miss out hard. Class act on how to do a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    1-4 Is Essential.

5 Could be skipped, but you would miss out hard. Class act on how to do a filler.
    Except episode 5 wasn't really a filler as it provided a backstory to Lana and Popplio, so it really wasn't a filler, although you could probably technically classify it as a (Non-essential) Non-Filler.

So far no fillers, although episode 5 is what I like to call a filler-type episode. It is essentially non-filler because we got to see Lana's backstory and whatnot, however the way the episode played out didn't add anything significant to the other episodes and the chronology followed a basic filler formula. These filler-type episodes tend to be a lot better than filler episodes, and I would assume it takes around the same effort to make, so I hope we get more of these.

I hope the they make interesting fillers. The last time I actually enjoyed almost every single filler was in OS.

The list has been updated with SM001-SM004 in the first category. (Non-essential) Non-Filler is what I'm looking at for SM005. Agreed?
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    Except episode 5 wasn't really a filler as it provided a backstory to Lana and Popplio, so it really wasn't a filler, although you could probably technically classify it as a (Non-essential) Non-Filler.
    Never said it was filler, just said it could likely be skipped without it having a significant impact on your viewing of the series.

Non-essential non-filler seems spot-on unless Popplio's grudge with TS is brought up again later.

Non-essential non-filler for episode 5 IMO.

It gives us some information regarding the characters, but nothing that alters the overall plot.
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The list has been updated with SM001-SM004 in the first category. (Non-essential) Non-Filler is what I'm looking at for SM005. Agreed?
    Seems right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Agreed, at least for the time being.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

No real filler so far although episode 5 is kinda The Closest we got. since while it have a back story with one of th main characters the actual plot itself didn't advance that much.

I mean, a person could easily skip episode 5 (as it doesn't advance the plot), but then come back complaining later about how Lana and Popplio never got a focus and backstory, even though in reality they did. So yes, there should probably be some sort of description next to episode 5, something like "character focus/background info".
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I mean, a person could easily skip episode 5 (as it doesn't advance the plot), but then come back complaining later about how Lana and Popplio never got a focus and backstory, even though in reality they did. So yes, there should probably be some sort of description next to episode 5, something like "character focus/background info".
    Noted and updated

"Momentai!"

If next week's episode doesn't have any sort of character development or backstory for Sophoceles could it be the first filler one?
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Haha, I was planning on making the SM list after about ten episodes, but this is fine. Feel free to copy any of the formatting from the XY series non-filler list thread.

I wonder how many fillers we'll get in SM. The SOL/school setting could lead to many fillers, but there's decent amount of material in the Trials, Z-moves and beating the Totem Pokemon, and I imagine there will be a more serious second season covering end-game events.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    If next week's episode doesn't have any sort of character development or backstory for Sophoceles could it be the first filler one?
    I think that entirely depends on what happens in that episode, but I do think it will probably give Sophoceles and Togedemaru character development or a backstory, in fact I could easily see a case where when Ash and Sophoceles get separated from their pokemon and stuck behind that door to where there arguing that after they stop arguing and both of them calm down that Sophoceles will probably explain how he met Togedemaru.

So I think there is a good chance that episode 6 probably won't be filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Judging by the preview and the summary of the episode, I say it most likely going to be filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Remix2 View Post
    Judging by the preview and the summary of the episode, I say it most likely going to be filler.
    Then again I'm pretty sure some people were thinking and saying the same thing about episode 5, and we saw how that turned out. So I think it's too early to just say that it's most likely filler as it could easily wind up not being filler, especially since given how they handle episode 5 I think it's more likely that episode 6 won't be filler.

I'll be disappointed if it is filler and would hope that he gets some sort of development soon, rather than get neglected and have his background shoved in last minute.

I'm hoping they'll bond over Electric Pokemon while being locked in. So non-essential non-filler again, hopefully

Episode 5 is indeed a filler. We had a vague five second backstory and no development or plot advancement...
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

[IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast