Thread: Sun Moon - Rotom Pokedex

Default Sun Moon - Rotom Pokedex

What does the latest SunMoon news have to do with the anime, you ask?

Well, the anime follows the game and vice versa, Ash (or whoever the protagonist is) will be having a Rotom Pokedex, so, that's why Prof Oak wanted to research Rotom, guess he found out he could do this with it. Does this mean, Ash's first Pokemon will be Rotom next season? Can he use it in battle? Can you now carry 7 Pokemon?

I think Lillia might travel with Ash in Alola, she's the professor assisstant so I think it would make sense for Rotom to be her signature Pokemon.

Right I'm calling it now. Professor Oak's Rotom is going with Ash to Alola and will reside in his PokeDex.

These are all good questions. Unless we can use 7 seven Pokemon this gen, then I guess he'll just function as a Pokedex and nothing more, because if you boxed Rotom wouldn't you lose your Pokedex too? Which may mean that Rotom couldn't be boxed. I guess there could be way around that but still.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Right I'm calling it now. Professor Oak's Rotom is going with Ash to Alola and will reside in his PokeDex.
    Good call.

What about the whole Alola?
    Is that means a tons of rotoms needed just to supply pokedexes to every new trainer?==
    Or in other words, rotom has become a tool as for that particular region?==
    I wonder.

Rotom confirmed for Ash's first capture lol?

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Rotom confirmed for Ash's first capture lol?
    This would be amazing imo. Love Rotom. Probably be put with a companion though instead.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I guess Professor Oak catching Rotom wasn't completely useless after all.
    I can totally see it pulling an Aipom and fallowing Ash to Alola.
    Or it could be a completely different Rotom in Ash's pokedex that could replace the male companion which I would be perfectly fine with to be honest.
    FC: 0216-0975-6856

Current Shinies

chain chain
    of 21 of 43

I kind of don't see them just giving Ash Rotom because of this. I like Rotom, but they might do something different for the anime instead of just letting Ash have an "obligatory" Rotom.
    My Pokemon in AS (so far).

3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Kalos View Post
    These are all good questions. Unless we can use 7 seven Pokemon this gen
    Maybe there's a special Rotom spot, it's on your party but can't join your battle party unless you have 5 Pokemon. If you have 6 Pokemon, Rotom stays in its specialized Rotom slot that's locked out during battles, but can still be used.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    That was the first thing I thought when I saw that reveal.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    • Training my Pokémon from the other regions
    • Just leaned about the Alola Region and is super excited about it!
    "A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.
    Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat..."
    -- Sarefan

Get the feeling that,
    - either the new Girl would have a Rotom, or else
    - if its Prof. Oak's Rotom, then it would be addition like how Meowth is in TR, i.e., an independent entity in the group (but in this case would be owned by Oak, rather than a wild like Meowth).

I dont see Rotom as Ash's pokemon because Ash already has Pikachu and he doesnt need another electric type pokemon even though Rotom has two types, but since Ash never bothered to catch another electric type pokemon i dont think he will catch/have another one.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    With that Rotom dex, maybe we can get that snarky pokedex as a call back to the OS.
    This is pretty much my sentiment on the Rotom Dex.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

While I like the idea of Ash catching a Rotom (so that he will have another Electric-type) or borrowing it from Prof. Oak, I think that it's most likely that the female character will have a Pokedex Rotom. It will surely going to be a fun addiction for the Sun/Moon anime, that's for sure.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

RIP Satoru Iwata: you shall be forever missed.

DEM's true meaning: Deus Ex Machina | Fanbase's new meaning: Don't Enjoy Much

Quote Originally Posted by Yce288 View Post
    I dont see Rotom as Ash's pokemon because Ash already has Pikachu and he doesnt need another electric type pokemon even though Rotom has two types, but since Ash never bothered to catch another electric type pokemon i dont think he will catch/have another one.
    Ash needs another electric type so we can have different strategies or tactics. I'm not talking about a completely BRAND new electric type, but at least a dual type with at least ONE new electric type move. And besides hopefully this could bring a new dynamic between Pikachu and its traveling companion.

An Electric/Dragon or Dragon/Electric would be interesting for Ash to have.

As it relates to Rotom, I don't think Pikachu would prevent Ash from getting Rotom especially Pokedex Rotom, is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 2nd June 2016 at 4:19 PM.

I agree with Cressilia in that Rotom will likely belong to either the female or male companion. Seems strange after all these years that Ash would get a second electric type

As long as someone in the main cast has rotom and it's like oak's, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I agree with Cressilia in that Rotom will likely belong to either the female or male companion.
    IF Pokedex Rotom takes a spot IN the party, then I would agree Rotom can belong to someone else. OTHERWISE, I feel like a dyanmic is going to be wasted with Ash not having a Pokedex Rotom to argue and bicker with.

I don't care about some random character being laughed at, if there has to be that kind of comedy I'd prefer Ash because it would be more hilarious than some random new character with a Pokedex Rotom gag. Besides I'd like to see Pikachu laughing at Ash every once in awhile.

Seems strange after all these years that Ash would get a second electric type
    And that same logic would easily apply to ghost and psychic type Pokemon, except he never had one, and no, I'm not counting Haunter as one of Ash's, it can be regarded as unofficial, but not official (aka Poke ball).

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Note: Please only reply to infraction PMs if you 1) have follow-up questions, or 2) seriously intend to contest the infraction, instead of merely complaining about or making fun of it, providing no elaborate counterarguments whatsoever. While I appreciate apologies or promises that "it won't happen again" and the like, they too fulfill no purpose except for cluttering up my inbox. An honest effort to avoid further rule-breaking is worth much more than a one-line PM saying you're sorry anyway. Thanks!