Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 17th: XYSP2 - Diancie, Princess of the Ore Country

Default July 17th: XYSP2 - Diancie, Princess of the Ore Country

Special episode to air as part of the movie block, like last year

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/diancie/diancie.html

Seems to feature the journey of Diancie and her Carbink butlers as they hunt for Xerneas but before they meet Ash & co.

so basically like a side story to the movie, i wonder what pangoro is doing here.

So this is pretty much like Mewtwo's Prologue to its Awakening? I'm down. It looks decent even just based off of those screenshots imo. So, I guess they go looking for Xerneas but fail to find it, and that's why Ash ends up helping it in the movie.
    AS

Currently breeding for a shiny Aqua Jet Marill!
    FC: 4356 - 0171 - 9340
    Friend Safari: Normal (Lillipup, Audino, & Ditto)

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponATime View Post
    So this is pretty much like Mewtwo's Prologue to its Awakening? I'm down. It looks decent even just based off of those screenshots imo. So, I guess they go looking for Xerneas but fail to find it, and that's why Ash ends up helping it in the movie.
    Yep. It's set just before Diancie meets Ash. I hope they continue this concept. It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yep. It's set just before Diancie meets Ash. I hope they continue this concept. It's pretty cool.
    Agreed. I like getting to know the Pokemon better- first Mewtwo and now Diancie. It makes it feel like all of the hard work put into finding Xerneas will finally pay off now that we'll be seeing Diancie searching more and seeing its hardships in doing so.
    AS

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    i wonder what pangoro is doing here.
    Being the special's antagonist judging from the pictures. Personally, I could care less about Diancie or Carbink; I just want to see Pangoro's wild antics.

Pangoro is such an awesome Pokemon. It's a shame nobody on the cast has captured one yet.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

The animation looks stunning just judging from those screenshots. I'm really excited to bask in all of Diancie's glory tbh.
    AS

Looks like a fun little story, I'm up for it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Looks kawaii as ****. Hope there's some foreshadowing for the movie.

Satoshi-kun…〜

I thought Diancie was suppose to do with Jewel rather than Diamond. Anyway it looks gorgeous and I am very excited when the movie airs.

Looks awesome. Especially with Pangoro there

So.. a proluge like with m16 they need to conitue it. Finally some more pangoro love in xy.

This episode will surely be epic. Really like what they 're doing with the movies lately. Keep it up XY! Can't wait to see it.

ALL HAIL PALUTENA! IMMORTAL GODDESS OF OUR RACE!

Hey this is actually pretty neat! Seems like the Mewtwo movie has set a new standard with initial prologues before the movies, at least now we get some kind of new episode during movie week instead of just a re-airing of the previous year's movie.

Don't know if it says anything new but here's some kind of summary

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Hey this is actually pretty neat! Seems like the Mewtwo movie has set a new standard with initial prologues before the movies, at least now we get some kind of new episode during movie week instead of just a re-airing of the previous year's movie.

Don't know if it says anything new but here's some kind of summary

It's not a summary, just a description of the program block, saying they'll air last year's movie and "the first ever footage of Diancie"... by which they probably means this special, rather than trailers, as I thought when I saw the title yesterday.

Know your roots.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    I thought Diancie was suppose to do with Jewel rather than Diamond. Anyway it looks gorgeous and I am very excited when the movie airs.
    jewel and diamond are basically the same, there's nothing different with it

i wonder what diancie would probably show here - perhaps diamond storm signature move.

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    jewel and diamond are basically the same, there's nothing different with it

i wonder what diancie would probably show here - perhaps diamond storm signature move.
    Diamond storm should definitely be mentioned here. That is the selling point of Diancie in my opinion.

Sounds cool enough - hopefully this becomes a thing where we get a supporting special for each movie.

Regarding the plot... the movie (or at least the manga adaptation) starts out with some infodumping and Diancie being given her mission, and she sets out on a journey with the butlers. When we next see her, she's alone and being chased by Marilyn and Riot, stumbling into Satoshi in the process. Later, they all meet up with the butlers again, and we get a short flashback to the early parts of their journey, and Diancie's separation from them.

Seems like this special is going to cover that initial part of Diancie's journey.

Know your roots.

Its nice that they are doing this now, they did it with the Mewtwo movie and now in this one and in the last one we got better animation than usual so yeah great stuff I guess, looking forward tot his.

Is this the first footage we have of this? And it's only like 2 seconds lol
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Is it possible that Xerneas is in this episode instead of the Summer Camp arc / what's after it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Is it possible that Xerneas is in this episode instead of the Summer Camp arc / what's after it?
    I've been thinking thats the case ever since this was announced, since its a prologue to the movie and Yvetal and Xerneas will be there it makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast