Thread: New ending theme: "The Pikachu Song" by Pikachu (Ikue Ohtani) - August 4th

Default New ending theme: "The Pikachu Song" by Pikachu (Ikue Ohtani) - August 4th

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00339-oric-ent

The 6th song in the currently ongoing Character Song Project for the TV Tokyo Network anime series "Pocket Monsters XY&Z (airs every Thursday at 6:55) is the first ever Pikachu theme song, sung entirely by Pikachu, and bears the name "The Pikachu Song".

Singer-songwriter Tomohisa Sako, the project's coordination producer, reported that he had done the lyrics and composition for The Pikachu Song at the "Pokémon Center Summer Festival in Centrair" event that took place at Chubu Centrair International Airport, Aichi, on the 18th.

"I made a really, really cute song! This summer I definitely want to hum it alongside you guys.", he said, the young Pokémon fans gathered there responding with loud cheers.

Since this is the first ever Pikachu theme song, there's also been a lot of interest raised towards the lyrics. There's been lots of discussion about them online, with comments like "I wonder if it's just going to go "Pika Pika", "Will there be a Japanese translation?", "That's too cute" and "It sounds like the type of song you get happy just from listening to".

The song has been chosen as the ending theme to the "Pocket Monsters XY&Z episode that airs August 4th. A digital download version will be available starting that same day.

Lyrics: Tomohisa Sako
    Composition: Tomohisa Sako
    Arrangement: Saku
    Vocals: Pikachu (CV: Ikue Ohtani)

Part of the lyrics, with translation
    Last edited by Dephender; 20th July 2016 at 2:09 AM.

So, it's basically what we hear every single blessed episode. What a letdown and waste of Ohtani's talent. My expectations for the song dropped.

Such deep and profound lyrics that truly give us an insight into Pikachu's psyche. Love it.

Back to hoping yet again this replaces the awful song as the permanent ending.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

I have to know, is Bonnie's song the longest we've had an ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I have to know, is Bonnie's song the longest we've had an ending?
    The longest is Maemuki Rocket-dan, which lasted from PM194 to PM240 - 46 episodes.

So we have a while longer to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    The longest is Maemuki Rocket-dan, which lasted from PM194 to PM240 - 46 episodes.

So we have a while longer to go.
    Didn't GLORY DAY ending from AG last even longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Back to hoping yet again this replaces the awful song as the permanent ending.
    It most likely won't happen at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Didn't GLORY DAY ending from AG last even longer?
    Yeah, IIRC the first version aired between AG99 and AG134, then the second version came with AG150 until AG172. So that's 58 episodes.

But I didn't care, because it was a hell of a good song.

Although I think Hikari's theme lasted for 61 episodes (between all versions)
    Last edited by Afrodisiac; 20th July 2016 at 2:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    Although I think Hikari's theme lasted for 61 episodes (between all versions)
    To be fair, at least the versions featured different animation and somewhat different songs.

The Bonnie ending is just completely the same, it's kinda annoying actually haha.

Such deep and profound lyrics that truly give us an insight into Pikachu's psyche. Love it.
    10/10 Too deep. For the same reasons I can't even understand when it said "Pikachu".

Well, hopefully the ending animation can be snippets of hus and Ash's entire journey together.

You know, start with their meeting at Oak's and then show the most important moments they've shared. (vs Surge, entering the Indigo League, vs Tyson's Meowth, bs Regice, vs Paul, vs Latios, vs Trip) and end it with the duo winning against Sawyer and celebrating about heading to the finals.

Pikachu Pika pi Pika Pikachu, nice ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    So, it's basically what we hear every single blessed episode. What a letdown and waste of Ohtani's talent. My expectations for the song dropped.
    what were you expecting lol
    Remember who you are.
    ~Mufasa

Pikachu is leaving the main cast after ash wins the league. This is his goodbye song.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
    Pikachu is leaving the main cast after ash wins the league. This is his goodbye song.
    No it is not and Ash is not confirmed to win the league yet.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.
    My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum
    My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram
    Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.
    Now rooting for Ash Ketchum to win the pokemon league.
    Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016
    Private messages are restricted to contacts and mods. Vistior messages are available for everyone.
    Sorry for my annoying, improper and unprofessional posts everyone.
    I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

I'm actually looking forward to this song. I was expecting an Alan ending song (considering the anime has been shifting some focus on him) but this is an unexpected treat. For some reason I'm thinking that it'll be similar to Peace Peace Smile.

And here I thought the awful Bonnie song was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Now they're making the entire ED just one word.

All I want is a Type Wild remake... best ending by far.

At least the stupid Bonnie song is done.

Quote Originally Posted by chicorita3 View Post
    what were you expecting lol
    Expecting Ohtani to sing about Pikachu's character, not "in-character" if that makes any sense.

Pikachu got bored me... I have to see it last 15 year... :/

Remember when these guys had actual translated dialogue? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jKqabareY

Thank you American--Pi for the banner!